Nay
27th Nov 2003, 00:30
http://komag.net/stuff/

Xcom
27th Nov 2003, 15:40
Excellent!

Baroque
28th Nov 2003, 10:47
Fantastic video and what an improvements on lockpicking, climbing, torch/fight combination, light/shadow effects...

Bat-mite
1st Dec 2003, 17:55
Looks great, and seems to indicate first quarter 2004!

SirWeasel
24th Dec 2003, 09:34
Me L I K E!:D Sheesh, it looks better than the first two.

Mr. Perfect
24th Dec 2003, 17:03
Well I'd hope it does. ;) Downloading now!

BTW, the Thief 3 promo that came out with the DE2 demo felt a lot like the Lookingglass(two gs?) ones. :)

Huntress
27th Dec 2003, 04:52
Just watched it and it seems to have similar type selections for weapons as DEII and also for ammo counts??? Not individually shown as in the originals but more like the console type as they did in DEII :( I sure hope they change that to accomodate the PC and not cross combine the two platforms!!!!! They are different machines that use different interfaces, etc. and I don't want to play a console version on my PC!!!! Ta and Good Hunting!

Optik45
27th Dec 2003, 17:04
Oooh man I just can't wait. Im like a kid in a candy store. I am so sick of playing mediocre games just to pass the time until a real game like Thief is out.

I see in the Trailer that you can see Garretts hands and feet in the game. I love that realism. I also love that there still is Benny's Voice for guards, Classic!

Impulse_101
23rd Jan 2004, 00:57
the video isnt on there anymore

Suppemand
12th Feb 2004, 12:33
Does anybody know another place where one could see it? I would love to see some more Thief 3-videos than just the one on the official site. Thanks :)

CleptoManiac
14th Feb 2004, 17:17
Could those of you, who have seen this video, care to share it with the rest of us? :D

FrozenNorth
14th Feb 2004, 17:27
I would like to see it also...very much! If some1 can share it with the rest of us it would be the good deed of the day, thx :)

CleptoManiac
15th Feb 2004, 20:06
Why has no one come forward with a link yet?

I was told that posting a request on the forums was the best way to see this video... What a joke!
So far, there hasn't been a peep from any of the ppl who claim to have seen it.

BrokenArts
15th Feb 2004, 20:14
Chill there, Are you new to forums, and how they operate? Your starting to flame, for not getting what you want, let's not accuse now, mmKay.. Have you stopped to think that no one may have the video? They don't know where the link is? Someone usually does respond on this forum, maybe not as fast as you would like them to.

Sorry, don't know where the link is. Hopefully someone else will come along that DOES know.

CleptoManiac
18th Feb 2004, 16:46
Ive done some research,
The 40 meg gamestar video's name is (was)
"thief_16.mpeg"

and all the links (that I can find on Google)
point to the original KOMAG link, where
the file was removed.

Perhaps p2p programs are the next real
hope for seeing this video.

Acronomic
19th Feb 2004, 17:45
Doesn't anyone have it? Is seems as though some people do, if you just look at the top of the page.........

coldplay_josh_106
20th Feb 2004, 15:52
This Video? Is it ingame footage or is it the trailer where garrett steals the bag of gold?

CleptoManiac
20th Feb 2004, 20:23
It's a high quality ingame video which seems to have vanished from the web altogether. So far, not a peep from those who've seen it.

Komag
20th Feb 2004, 21:17
Well I still have it, but it was eating up too much bandwidth so I took it offline. It was indeed the best Thief 3 gameplay video of them all so far.

It IS still available on FMDVD 2 if you want it. That's the only way I can make it available at this point, sorry

CleptoManiac
20th Feb 2004, 21:36
I'll tell you what Komag, send it to me privately and I'll upload it to three other people on this forum. I can even share it on winmx for a few days.

OR, (AND)

you can post it on USENET for us all !

Please do, PLEASE

Komag
20th Feb 2004, 22:03
Okay, it's back up for maybe a week or so, get it while you can...

CleptoManiac
20th Feb 2004, 22:06
DUDE, where can I kiss ya? :D

Seeing this video has reassured me somewhat about Thief 3.
also available on alt.binaries.mpeg

PS.
A huge thanks to Komag

Acronomic
21st Feb 2004, 12:07
Thanks! :eek: :D

This movie reassures me that Thief 3 will at least be as good as the other games, and maybe even better. The only thing that worries me is the AI.

Shadow Thief
26th Feb 2004, 15:51
Wow, as much as I am impressed with the video, I am equally appalled.

The lock picking is fantastic. I have been a recreational lock pickers myself for sometime now, and while its not exactly right, (althought locks may have been different then!) its pretty neat to see them take the time to be original with it.

The dynamic lighting and shadows are brilliant and will make the feel of the game incredible. Hopefully, it all the other things don't ruin it.

But then there are moments where I see big huge failure written all over it.

The HUD is horrendous. It totally feels like a console game and I pray to god they get rid of it for the pc version. I don't want those big distracting wheels flying past when I'm trying to equip myself.

The ragdoll physics of characters are clearly not setup right. When the player kills the servant, did you see how he falls? How unnatural is that?! It looked flat out ridiculous.

And the actual game physics. From what I've seen, it looks just like the silly, floaty physics from Max Payne 2. Did you see the loaf of bread bounce!? And those barrels reacted like a beach ball when he ran into them.

Oh yeah, and last but not least when you collect the loot, don't tell me how much PERCENTAGE of total loot I've gotten thus far! Keep it how it was. I'm not a console monkey, I can think for myself!

The good thing about the 3rd person mode is that it is optional! I will refuse to use it, its as simple as that. There is no need to go off on Ion Storm for that. There are more important things to focus your hate on. :)

BrokenArts
26th Feb 2004, 16:54
One thing with that video clip, it was made last *June*
You know how fast things change. I would like to hope they have gone past that, and improved it, made it better. ;)

TIM Darg
26th Feb 2004, 17:20
Quote:
"The HUD is horrendous. It totally feels like a console game (...)
I don't want those big distracting wheels flying past when I'm trying to equip myself."

I second that totally!

However, I think the physics in the video looked just fine.

van_HellSing PL
26th Feb 2004, 17:28
However, I think the physics in the video looked just fine. Whaaa? Setting barrels flying by touching them is fine physics? Since when? Also, I don't think the human body was meant to bend in such ways as the that servant did... Ouch!

Acronomic
26th Feb 2004, 17:36
Originally posted by Shadow Thief
The HUD is horrendous. It totally feels like a console game and I pray to god they get rid of it for the pc version. I don't want those big distracting wheels flying past when I'm trying to equip myself.

Agreed. But you know, there are console players that don't care for it either. ;)

The ragdoll physics of characters are clearly not setup right. When the player kills the servant, did you see how he falls? How unnatural is that?! It looked flat out ridiculous.

And the actual game physics. From what I've seen, it looks just like the silly, floaty physics from Max Payne 2. Did you see the loaf of bread bounce!? And those barrels reacted like a beach ball when he ran into them.

Yeah, that didn't look good at all. I hope they change it.

Oh yeah, and last but not least when you collect the loot, don't tell me how much PERCENTAGE of total loot I've gotten thus far! Keep it how it was. I'm not a console monkey, I can think for myself!

Oh please. Not all console players are brain-dead and only play games where the only point is to kill. I used to play on my PC, but eventually it got too expensive and I switched to Xbox. Why do you think "console monkeys" would play Thief 3 anyway? :p

Jareware
27th Feb 2004, 11:20
The ragdoll physics of characters are clearly not setup right. When the player kills the servant, did you see how he falls? How unnatural is that?! It looked flat out ridiculous.Completely agree w/you on the physics and the HUD Shadow Thief.

What struck me as a bit funny was the "narrative" in the video, particularly in the scene in question. Now I'm not that good at german, I only took it for a year or two until I got too frustrated (the language has no rules, only exceptions!), but I think the narrator just finished saying how cool and realistic the ragdoll effects are when Garrett walks up to the servant finding him unnaturally, even comically, twisted. :P

-JR-

Acronomic
27th Feb 2004, 11:26
Yeah, his feet just slide to the side like they would on ice or something... totally unnatural, and I hope they have realt animations when they fall instead of just falling to the ground like this one did.

chimpwithalimp
27th Feb 2004, 14:34
The thing about the physics engine in this generation of games is that the ragdoll effect of people falling/being thrown sometimes doesn't look perfect. Get over it! Yes, when the servant was hit by the fire arrows and slumped down, he was somewhat twisted - but thats how the engine interpreted the way he would have slumped against the wall taking into account bones etc.

Didnt it look ok when Garrett picked him up and threw him down in the side room? Sometimes it just looks a bit crazy, and I'll accept that when combined with the way it'll look amazing at certain parts.

As was mentioned before, the video was from a few months back, I'm sure a lot has been tweaked since.

Optik45
27th Feb 2004, 17:43
I swear I posted this already but, I think the Physics are fine. Yeah he twisted in an odd position but thats a heck of a lot better than T1 and T2s body physics. Im sure everyone recalls a guard falling down on a set of stairs, Legs levitating in mid air while his head disappears into one of the steps. Yeah there were a lot of problems in the first two games. Ex: Arrows freezing in Midair. Being able to Jump 50 feet in the air when Leaning around a guard. The Famous Dissappearing Doors. Characters sinking halfway into the ground. I could go on, but These bugs never seemed to bother anyone. I just know when Thief III comes out, everyone is going to spaz out about the Barrels bouncing too much etc etc. People are going to be just LOOKING for things to b*tch about.

Acronomic
27th Feb 2004, 17:51
I never experienced any of those bugs, but I guess you are right, it was probably just because of the surroundings, and we should just be happy with what we've got.

Optik45
27th Feb 2004, 18:24
Oh you need to experience the Super jumping bug in Thief 1. Find any guard that has his back to you. Sneak right up behind him and use the lean forward key to lean around his body, Almost to the point where you are on the side of him. Let go of the lean button and jump at the same time. Might take a couple tries to get it but its hilarious.

sesobebo
6th Apr 2004, 12:21
Hmm.... it seems that the video was removed from the link above, so if someone can provide another link (or even send me this video) i would be very glad (;

BrokenArts
6th Apr 2004, 12:29
All zipped up and ready to go, enjoy.

http://shadowguild.net/~brokenarts/Thief17.zip

One thing to remember, this video is going on a year old now, it's still great to watch, but, it's almost a year old, so somethings are most likely changed, of course. I enjoyed it immensly.
You hear Benny in it too.

sesobebo
6th Apr 2004, 14:27
Many thanks BrokenArts and ...umm... may the ...hum... light ...hmm... never dispose ...emm... ...hom..hum...
...BAH! many thanks anyway (;

ERR
12th Apr 2004, 20:30
Hey, Broken Arts, it says the site cannot be found. Is that a problem with my computer or does the site you posted not exist anymore. If so can you or anyone else pleas post a site where i can experience the video also.

Thanks

BrokenArts
12th Apr 2004, 20:43
I deleted it from my server, I can put it back up later, will let you know when it's back up.

ERR
12th Apr 2004, 21:02
Ok, thanks

ERR
12th Apr 2004, 21:24
Wait, do you mean as in today or like next week, cause i dont wanna have you post it today and me not check and then its gone next week.

But ill check evrery day for it :) Just when you post it, plz keep it up for a whole day so i can find it.

Thanks

BrokenArts
13th Apr 2004, 03:47
ERR, I will upload it in the morning, and post when it is finished.
*cheers*

ERR
13th Apr 2004, 12:34
Thanks a bunch! I should be able to watch it around 5ish this evening

BrokenArts
13th Apr 2004, 14:27
Ok, it's back up, come and get it! Same link as before. http://shadowguild.net/~brokenarts/Thief17.zip

Remember that vid was made last *June*. I am sure things have changed a bit since then. ;)

ERR
13th Apr 2004, 21:44
Thanks a bunch BA, downloading it now

ERR
13th Apr 2004, 21:56
Awsome! thanks so much BA!