PDA

View Full Version : pc specs + demo

glorfindel
26th Nov 2003, 10:56
hi

what will be the minimum requirments for the pc version of defieance and will a demo be available for download soon?

glorfindel

fneh
26th Nov 2003, 11:20
no one knows yet. Hopefully a demo will appear soon. I'm expecting a similar spec to SR2 more of less. I just hope it's on a DVD. If it's on a DVD then i'll be very tempted to get the PC version myself seeing as I have the USA PS2 one and don't own an xbox. I dunno though. might get both versions and just wait for a price drop. I'm not in a rush to buy them seeing as I imported.

I hope a PC demo comes out soon. especially a kain level with raziel playable. That would rule. You can't beat demos that are different to the final product.

BrokenAntiMatter
26th Nov 2003, 12:29
Minimum System Requirments: (Not Offical Just an Estimated Guess)
Windows PC
2000/XP – 128 MB Ram
98/Me – 64 MB Ram
Processor:533 MHz minimum
Available hard drive space:1.8 GB (Without Optional Movies)
CD drive: 12x
DirectX 8 or later
Video card: 32 MB/3D with DirectX 7.0 or later drivers

Recommended System Requirments:(Not Offical Just an Estimated Guess)
Windows PC
XP – 256 MB Ram
Processor:533 MHz or higher
Available hard drive space:3.6 GB (Full Install)
DirectX 9 or later
CD drive: 8x
Video card: 64 MB/3D with DirectX 7.0 or later drivers

I have come to these educated guess through, hours of code exploration, indepth windows knowledge, no life and a lot of diet vanilla pepsi.

[B]Minimum System Requirments Explained:
Windows PC
(Industry Standard for personal computers)
2000/XP – 128 MB Ram
(Recomended minimum by Direct X 8 high end graphics playback)
98/Me – 64 MB Ram
(Recomended minimum by Direct X 8 high end graphics playback)
Processor:533 MHz minimum
(I looked around at other console to pc and this seemed to be the norm. I don't work well with processor.
*Remembers the time his amd caught fire.)
Available hard drive space:1.8 GB (Without Optional Movies)
(With Proper movie compression and required data compression)
CD drive: 12x
(To stream sound and hopefully optional movies from cd)
DirectX 8 or later
[SIZE=1](I have listed DirectX 8 because I haven't seen Defiance demand anything that was added to Direct X 9 except maybe some sound features but doubtful.)
Video card: 32 MB/3D with DirectX 7.0 or later drivers
(I know 32mb is alot and most don't require that much for minimum but...IMO I think 32mb maybe still a bit low because defiance has alot more going on it than most games.)

Tesla
26th Nov 2003, 14:04
wow, that's a lot of hard disk. halo was a nice single cd under 500mb. i forget install size offhand. Soul Reaver 2 also had a much smaller HD install.

BrokenAntiMatter
26th Nov 2003, 14:39
really my copy of halo requires 1.18tb of avalible free computer.

Compares sr2 and sr3 for a moment

yeah the 3.6 is a bit off for a full install but I had had no sleepy in longer than stuff and I thit to think.

Halo isn't are detailed as r and 3...:eek: *insert migrane

i will fish this ladder

Erving JeansBgone
26th Nov 2003, 16:22
hmmm... diden`t Halo seem to demand kind of much for a game with the graphics of the XBOX,i mean realy its minimum system requirments are 128MB DDRAM(if you had SDRAM you would have bin screwd),32MB graph card,and a 1GHz processor and the recomended system was 256MB DDRAM,32MB DDRAM graphics card and a 1GHz processor or higher(comparing it to SR2 wich needs less and works better even if it dose look better then the simple soroundings of halo)

blincoln
26th Nov 2003, 17:52
For any modern game, I would recommend at a minimum a 1GHz processor and 128MB of RAM. If you have 2k or XP, you should have at least 256MB anyway. For graphics, a DX8 or DX9 video card with at least 32MB of RAM. The data files for Defiance on the PS2 are about 3GB, so depending on whether or not all of the bonus material is included, you're going to need somewhere around 1-2GB of hard drive space.

Donan Fear
26th Nov 2003, 18:11
Originally posted by Erving JeansBgone
hmmm... diden`t Halo seem to demand kind of much for a game with the graphics of the XBOX,i mean realy its minimum system requirments are 128MB DDRAM(if you had SDRAM you would have bin screwd),32MB graph card,and a 1GHz processor and the recomended system was 256MB DDRAM,32MB DDRAM graphics card and a 1GHz processor or higher(comparing it to SR2 wich needs less and works better even if it dose look better then the simple soroundings of halo)

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=829479

Oh, and "DDRAM" doesn't exist, its usually called DDR SDRAM or just DDR... or RAM.

I think Defiance is going to need a DX8-compatible video card if you want all the pretty effects like that blur when you are in the spectral realm.

Erving JeansBgone
26th Nov 2003, 18:23
oh...(the DDR thing) and why exactly did you post that link?? i`m aware about halo`s requirments i`m only saying it requires a lot for a XBOX game(a PC dose in fact have better graphics then the XBOX dosen`t it?) and it dose stoll a bit when there are lots of freeks and aliens around u(on 128MB DDR)
my system is a P4 at 1,7 GHz,128MB DDR,Gforce 4 MX 64MB DDR and i`v got Dx 9(i think i should upgrade it with a extra 256MB DDR in this way i doubt i`l have any more problems with games like Defiance or Halo2 when it eventualy gets released next year)

Donan Fear
26th Nov 2003, 18:29
The link was to show you it doesn't even mention "DDR" (and that it only needs 733 MHz, not 1 GHz like you said). If you only have 128 MB of RAM (DDR or not) you should get more, it's pretty cheap and gives a pretty huge performance boost.

Anyway, this is getting a bit too off-topic so i'll shut up now. :)

Erving JeansBgone
26th Nov 2003, 18:32
well i read the system requirments from one of my local PC gameing magz and yes we are getting way of topic by going all halo about it so shuting up would be usefull

VoRaDoR
26th Nov 2003, 20:01
We will have this information shortly I hope... Cant say anything at this level...

My PC should be able to run the game:
Pentium 4 2.53Ghz, 1024Mb DDR 333 Ram, 128Mb GeForce 4 AGP 8 :)

BrokenAntiMatter
26th Nov 2003, 20:22
Okay I still haven't slept any but I just as charged
*4 empty 2 liters of vanilla pepsi lay behind him
(btw I got a pm from somebody can't remember who i was tired but yes I do get a nickle for everytime I mention diet vanilla pepsi on the ineternet.)

128mb of sdram is industry standard for windows 98+.

Halo was a beautiful game but only because the xbox uses directx. If a linux compatible rival came out the playstation 2 graphics would increase several fold. Just look at the diffrence between ps2 linux built and their pc counter parts.

*edit*
Vorador don't bring your hewlett packard specs into the big boy leagues.

AMD 64bit FX
3gb(can support 8gb) Dual Channel PC4000 DDR 500MHz
120gb 15,000rpg fluid bearing
128 Geforce XFX AGP8x
(I need more money -_-)
*/edit*

Donan Fear
26th Nov 2003, 21:04
Originally posted by BrokenAntiMatter
Halo was a beautiful game but only because the xbox uses directx. If a linux compatible rival came out the playstation 2 graphics would increase several fold. Just look at the diffrence between ps2 linux built and their pc counter parts.

What? :confused:
PS2 is better, blah blah, but what's with the linux compatibility? NO retail PS2-game is built for linux. PS2 doesn't use linux at all (unless you buy the linux kit).

BrokenAntiMatter
26th Nov 2003, 21:15
Linux is the industry standard for all non-microsoft forced programming.

Erving JeansBgone
27th Nov 2003, 18:09
Dude not everyone has more then 1000-2000$ to spend on a PC ,and for the love of god why 4000MB DDR????

Donan Fear
27th Nov 2003, 19:34
Linux is the industry standard for all non-microsoft forced programming.

So my calculator uses linux? Cool! :rolleyes:

BrokenAntiMatter: Nice system, too bad some of that stuff doesn't exist or isn't compatible with the rest of the system. :)

Tesla
29th Nov 2003, 04:33
Okay I still haven't slept any but I just as charged
*4 empty 2 liters of vanilla pepsi lay behind him
(btw I got a pm from somebody can't remember who i was tired but yes I do get a nickle for everytime I mention diet vanilla pepsi on the ineternet.)

128mb of sdram is industry standard for windows 98+.

*edit*

AMD 64bit FX
128 Geforce XFX AGP8x
(I need more money -_-)
*/edit*

and why is DirectX so much better than OpenGL?...

ps shoulda gone ati

BrokenAntiMatter
29th Nov 2003, 05:01
Originally posted by Donan Fear

BrokenAntiMatter: Nice system, too bad some of that stuff doesn't exist or isn't compatible with the rest of the system. :)

If it is a TI calculator than it will use it's own basic/assembly compiler. I love TI

show me one thing on there that "doesn't exist"...

VoRaDoR
29th Nov 2003, 13:04

*edit*

AMD 64bit FX
128 Geforce XFX AGP8x
(I need more money -_-)
*/edit* [/B]

-------------------------------------------------
Hmm.. Actually my PC is not a Hewlett Packard Spec! I've built it September 2002. Right then it was a top PC. You see when I upgrade my machine I dont just upgrade CPU or Ram! I upgrade to new Motherboard, CPU, RAM & Graphics when I need to. At the moment my PC is sweet. Recently bought a new 19" Monitor to see "KAIN" better :p These are the most important devices for me to consider when upgrading my machine. In May I'm going to upgrade to a new TOP SPEC system. Just enjoy your league big boy :) :p

Omni_Sephiroth
29th Nov 2003, 15:26
hope they hurry up with @ least the demo or the PC version of the game atleast i know that my comp can run it np BTW BrokenAntiMatter how did u get the Specs? it hasent come out yet.

OugaBooga
29th Nov 2003, 20:53
well well well,I'd say min specs will be 733mhz cpu,128mb's ram ,32mb dx8 compatible video card & what ever the size of the CD/dvd space needed for hard drive.
I bet recommended will be 1ghz & 256+mb's of ram & 64+mb dx9 video card.All the other specs aren't neccesary cause most ppl have whats needed.
More then 512mb's of ram is retarded unless you edit stuff,so far i haven't seen or see any game in the near future that will use more then 512mb's of ram.

Donan Fear
30th Nov 2003, 03:26
show me one thing on there that "doesn't exist"...

PC4000 DDR500 does exist, but it's not compatible with the Athlon 64 FX-51. You need registered RAM and the fastest registered RAM runs at 400 MHz (PC3200).

The largest 15000 RPM SCSI drive is 73 GB.
120 GB is a typical ATA drive size, and the fastest ATA drive is 7200 RPM.

If I had spent a lot of cash on a system like that, I think I would remember what the parts are called. (AMD 64bit FX = AMD Athlon 64 FX-51)

"128 Geforce XFX AGP8x"? It's called FX, not XFX and what model do you have?

EDIT

OugaBooga: Unless they add new effects, I don't think they will even recommend a DX9 video card. The Xbox only has a DX8 video chip (Geforce "3½") and it runs Defiance just fine.

BrokenAntiMatter
30th Nov 2003, 06:17
Darn so my custom dual intergrated fujitsu 120gb 15000rpm fluid bearing scsi hard drive doesn't exist? :eek:

*takes note to remove and burn it after he is done typing all this.

64fx will take unregistered dual channel ram but it will cause problems, then only reason I have the 4000pc ram is because it came out of my old computer I lack the money to get newer ram.

128(ram) GeForce(Company) XFX(Series) AGP8x(required port speed)

LordMune
30th Nov 2003, 12:26
If Defiance doesn't support the GeForce 4 MX series (as I've seen in a lot of demos of late; Silent Hill 3, Deus Ex: Invisible War...) I am going to kill myself, period.

VoRaDoR
30th Nov 2003, 16:17
Originally posted by LordMune
If Defiance doesn't support the GeForce 4 MX series (as I've seen in a lot of demos of late; Silent Hill 3, Deus Ex: Invisible War...) I am going to kill myself, period.

------------------------
Hmm. Have you installed the latest drivers for your GeForce 4MX Graphics Card? Also make sure you install DirectX 9 as well..

You can check the version of DirectX on your computer: START > RUN> type "dxdiag" then enter.

Normally you shouln't be experiencing any problems with your graphics card. But make sure you've got the latest version of DirectX and Graphic Card drivers.

For Graphics card: http://www.nvidia.com
For DirectX: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

Donan Fear
30th Nov 2003, 16:26
BrokenAntiMatter: "Custom dual integrated"?! LOL! Stop making stuff up!

How many sticks of RAM and what size are they anyway (just curious)?

GeForce isn't a company, it's a product name! The company is called Nvidia and the series is called FX, not XFX. And you still haven't told me what model in that series you have, there are quite a few and not all are good.

LordMune: GeForce 4 MX is a DX7 chip (basically a faster GeForce 2) and it doesn't support pixel and vertex shaders that some new games require.
A GeForce 4 Ti4200 costs less than $100, supports DX8 and isn't terribly slow. I think it's still a good buy even if it's 2 years old.

Inhert
30th Nov 2003, 16:55
Just jumping back to the Hard Disk Specs,

Star Wars KOTOR had serious HD Space requirements (4gb or something like that).

And its requirements to be met to play the game (Reccomended) were ridiculous! but perhaps it was due to the game formerly being XBOX therefore the PC had to up the requirements to play and surpass the XBOX version (In terms of sound etc.)

With that in mind, wouldn't the LOK Defiance PC port be so inclined to take the P*ss (Sorry) with game specs too?
(Consideirng the advanced surroundings/mass dialogue etc.)
*Amateur at PC Specs so can't elaborate much on this that and the other.*

Soul Reaver
30th Nov 2003, 18:32
System requirements ridiculous?
Hmm... what computer are you running on?

I have a

AMD Athlon 1800+ (1533mHz)

512 MB DDR

Two Harddrives (actually 3 but I don't use one) one is 30 GB and the other is 10 GB (10 GB drive crashed the day before yesterday deleting all my LoK material aside from the games) :(

nVidia GeForce 3 Ti 200 64 MB (but I have the impression that it's some 'military' release because it can do things that GeForce cards shouldn't be able to do...:rolleyes: )

And I have NO troubles whatsoever running any games... (Including NFS: U and SW: KOTOR)

Inhert
30th Nov 2003, 20:56
Running on a AMD Athlon 2000 mHz processor.
120GB HD (Partitioned into 80GB For games and the Rest for College Data.)

1000mb DDR

256mb GeForce FX 5600 3d Card.

Creative labs 5.1 Surround sound card.

Still has some problems running software though.

What I was getting at is that since the game is pretty cutting edge in terms of graphical backdrops etc, the PC version could have severe memory HD requirements (Which will do me no good as im running practically on empty on both Partitioned sides of my drive.)

Small point but companies shouldn't demand so much space for game installation. Unless I can afford to get a new drive sometime in the future (Not bloody likely considering my financial position being a lowly student) im pretty screwed if LOK Follows suit.

BrokenAntiMatter
30th Nov 2003, 21:03
BrokenAntiMatter: "Custom dual integrated"?! LOL! Stop making stuff up!

How many sticks of RAM and what size are they anyway (just curious)?

GeForce isn't a company, it's a product name! The company is called Nvidia and the series is called FX, not XFX. And you still haven't told me what model in that series you have, there are quite a few and not all are good.

My hard was built to my specifications it is 2 hard drives built as one. They will not function seperately.

Didn't I already state 3gb? Any idiot would be able to tell from that the most likely choice would be 3 1gb memory sticks?

Geforce is a subsidary company of the Nvidia Corpiration.

XFX is a division of Pine that specailizes in graphics cards and motherboards. (Almost any XFX graphic card or mother board will bare the series name XFX.)

Donan Fear
1st Dec 2003, 10:34
My hard was built to my specifications it is 2 hard drives built as one. They will not function seperately.

Didn't I already state 3gb? Any idiot would be able to tell from that the most likely choice would be 3 1gb memory sticks?

Geforce is a subsidary company of the Nvidia Corpiration.

XFX is a division of Pine that specailizes in graphics cards and motherboards. (Almost any XFX graphic card or mother board will bare the series name XFX.)

Fujitsu doesn't build custom hard drives. And if it was 2 hard drives built as one it would be 147 GB, not 120. :)

3*1GB? You do know that the Athlon 64 FX needs the memory installed in PAIRS..? I knew "the most likely choice" wouldn't work on an Athlon 64 FX, that's why i asked. :)

GEFORCE IS NOT A COMPANY! You probably think "Pentium" is a company too...

You copied that from XFX's website! :)
Their cards are called "XFX GeForce FX..." not "GeForce XFX".

Valzara
1st Dec 2003, 13:34
I think it'll need atleast 64MB of Video card to play the game in hight detail.

VoRaDoR
2nd Dec 2003, 02:32
Originally posted by Valzara
I think it'll need atleast 64MB of Video card to play the game in hight detail.

64Mb of VGA Card sounds reasonable for this game. Hopefully we will be informed shortly regarding "System Requirements" either by EIDOS (web site) or by Chris. :rolleyes: