PDA

View Full Version : Moving yet again....

Apache
26th Nov 2003, 07:01
I am here to inform the community that my family and myself are moving yet again. For the next 3 weeks you won't see/hear much from me..come to think of it you haven't seen/heard much from me lately anyways.
The big day is Dec 15. New place...New City..New telephone # again (which means my DSL will be off for a few days to get the account changed over. I good news is it is a bigger place and I'll finally have an office..no more sitting in my closet.
The bad news is that in this day and age people shouldn't have to move to protect their family. Isn't that what the police are for??
To fill you in alittle on the happenings here lately..
1. In early Nov. a kid(punk) that lives in our apartment building assulted our oldest son. Giving him 2 black-eyes, a concusion, and causing one eye to bleed internally. After a few doctors/ER visits he has made a full recovery..The nieghbor kid is facing felony assult charges and being tried as a Child Abuser..forgot to mention that a week after assulting our son..he also assulted and attempting to strangle a 12 yr old girl.
We were dealing with this the best we could with the local "police". Things were getting better.
UNTIL....
2. Last week Wednesday a 14 yr old boy down the road attacked our oldest with a baseball bat and yard rake..Luckily he missed with his swings..Babe Ruth he is not..So he decided to get something alittle more powerful..his fathers' 12 guage shotgun. Hunting season started early around here. Police were called and the kid was taken into custody, only to be seen outside the very next day playing. I'm sorry but if anyone takes a firearm after another person. Lock them up.....

SO that brings us to now..We are moving to a safer community(We hope)...
As soon as we are moved and unpacked I'll come back on let you know my new email address...

Later ..Take care and happy turley day..

Apache (TJ)

Peter_Smith
26th Nov 2003, 08:23
Ouch! Apache, I am sorry to hear about your troubles and especially the troubles of your son. That must have been (and still is) terrible. After you leave, tell us where you came from so we will be sure not to move there. :eek: And, maybe someone around here has a friend named Vinny who could help you. Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.

LeatherMan
26th Nov 2003, 13:20
Holy ***** Apache! I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and wish you and your family the best with the move.

Komag
26th Nov 2003, 13:29
Holy Schmackeroli man! I agree with you that it's too bad you have to move like that, but I also agree with you about MOVING! Best wishes in your new place :)

Nightwalker
26th Nov 2003, 14:05
What terrible things to have happen! I'm glad that your son is alright and that you've found someplace better to live. Good luck with the move!

littlek
26th Nov 2003, 14:12
Smart move Apache. I would have done the same thing and it would have been difficult for me to NOT beat the **** out of those punks. Being a bully implies that they have deeper rooted troubles. Hope you find a new closet soon and let us know when you are back. My thoughts will be with you.

Shadow Creepr
26th Nov 2003, 16:16
I am so sorry for all that has happened, Apache. I am glad your son has recovered. I wish you the best with your move and hope that you and your family will be safe from now on.

theBlackman
26th Nov 2003, 17:39
A sad commentary on the "state of the union". I hope your move goes smoothly, and will be anxiously awaiting the good news about your new digs, and your return to the fold.

Good Luck.

Gumdrop
29th Nov 2003, 04:02
Little bastids! :mad:

Sorry to hear of your troubles Apache. We have a problem where I live with thieves (irony?) and thugs. My town (Telford) has been growing at a rapid state and we are up for city status at the moment, and with the growth has come crime. My next door neighbour has actually overheard youths pointing out properties along our street as targets to burgle! We are all watching each others backs at the moment and keeping an eye out. Pi$$es me off though (if I may say)! :mad:

I hope your move will be smooth and hastle free... and to a quieter kneck of the woods.

Peter_Smith
29th Nov 2003, 05:18
Hmm... Nothing is mentioned about crime here (http://www.telford.gov.uk/twc/twc.htm).

Gumdrop
30th Nov 2003, 17:44
Well I don't think it would be the best publicity if they ran articles on crime on that site. Funny though, you can see the court house behind the metal Telford letters in the little insert picture. :D

Oh, and if you look hard enough... there's old Thomas himself leaning over the O holding his hat! :cool:

Huntress
30th Nov 2003, 21:44
Apache, that is just about the saddest thing I've heard recently!! Your Son must be wondering why and how this could have happened to him? I hope you were able to help him understand about some ppl's behaviors and get past it without letting it affect him too much. At least the first kid will receive some kind of punishment but it is very disappointing that the second one more or less, just got a slap on the hand. I know as well the failings of the law to support certain types of crime/behavorial types :( Forcing a move to try and find a better solution is an unfortunate way to try and cope with a situation. Not everyone is able to do that as it puts a real hardship on you financially but then it seems you have little choice.

I do hope your new home proves to be a good move for you and your family and will be content there :) Good Luck and when it's time, a safe journey :) Ta and Good Hunting!

amievil?
1st Dec 2003, 02:41
this is awful, just awful. apache theres really not much i can say except we're always here to lend a supportive ear brother. i am fortunate that i live in a very very small town and something like this is unheard of. it is just really unsettling. hang in there man.

Lazarus
1st Dec 2003, 16:53
Damn! What is this world coming to with even kids are taking up arms. I'm glad you are getting out of that situation... by the sound of it, it might and could have gotten much worst.

Boy am I glad I left when I did. j/k :rolleyes:

Mr. Perfect
2nd Dec 2003, 07:07
That is the saddest thing I've heard in a long while. Makes you wonder what those people could possibly have been thinking, not to mention why it's you who has to move. :confused: