PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness

SNAKE-LORD
26th Nov 2003, 02:36
ok i was browsing around and found something at "GARRET'S NOTEBOOK"
The "other" Thief 2 patch. Download this one if you purchased the "SoldOut" edition of Thief 2. The original patch will lock you out of the game.

Big question is which original patch does it mean.

Please note I have the "SOLD OUT VERSION".
Which is why I'm asking.

theBlackman
26th Nov 2003, 02:59
The EIDOS patch for 1.18. SOLDOUT has a special patch. You can find it on www.keepofmetalandgold.com I think, and on the www.Thiefmissions.com site under PATCHES.

I'm not sure, but SOLDOUT has a patch on their site. I don't know the link addy for sure, but if you have the soldout version you should have the link in the Inet addresses shortcuts.

There is also a Premier edition. If this is the same as the Soldout, I don't know. But there is a special patch for the PREMIER as well.

SNAKE-LORD
26th Nov 2003, 08:13
Originally posted by theBlackman
The EIDOS patch for 1.18. SOLDOUT has a special patch. You can find it on www.keepofmetalandgold.com I think, and on the www.Thiefmissions.com site under PATCHES.

I'm not sure, but SOLDOUT has a patch on their site. I don't know the link addy for sure, but if you have the soldout version you should have the link in the Inet addresses shortcuts.

There is also a Premier edition. If this is the same as the Soldout, I don't know. But there is a special patch for the PREMIER as well.

ok so does this like mean there are seperate patches for the original game and another for the sold out version.
it seems to me this is what you are saying.

ps.
blackman thanx mucho for all your help!

:cool:

theBlackman
26th Nov 2003, 17:50
Simply stated. Yes. There is a patch for the USA EIDOS version. A patch for the SOLDOUT version, and a patch for the PREMIER version.

The Soldout and Premier might be the same, but I would use the Soldout, if, as you say, that's what you have.

SNAKE-LORD
27th Nov 2003, 16:52
went to the sold website to get patch.
basicly here's what happened.
it detected i had it's version.
when i tried to download patch.
then i got a reminder that the game comes with a patch option.
as in on the disk for my game.
i checked guess what i found a patch file on the disk.
boy do i feel silly.
:cool:

theBlackman
27th Nov 2003, 19:32
LOL So, what you do is hang it up for the day. Jump in the car, or on the bus, and take a trip to Marin.

Cruise Sausalito, or visit Muir Woods, or just pop into the coffee/book store in Fairfax.

Then when you have regained your calm and cool, take the old road to Bolinas, and cruise back up the coast. :D

SNAKE-LORD
28th Nov 2003, 18:38
actually i just got off line turned off the puter and decided to be nice and help the wife fix thanksgiving dinner!
believe it or not i had fun doing this.

theBlackman
28th Nov 2003, 23:40
Curiosity abounds. I have not heard that the SOLDOUT was available in the USA. I say "I have not heard." This, of course, does not mean that it is not.

Did you pick yours up in Europe, and bring it back from a trip, or did you buy it on the net, or get it by some arcane method of which I am ignorant (a condition I am frequently in) :D

SNAKE-LORD
1st Dec 2003, 18:12
got mine at e-bay.com.
there are still several "sold out versions" available there.
at least as of my writing of this post.
i checked there are 3 buy it nows.
2 new copys available for bids 3 used for bids.