PDA

View Full Version : Defiance PC US/North America information!!!!!

Chris@Crystal
25th Nov 2003, 20:13
Hello US PC users,
I am happy to announce that Crystal Dynamics and Eidos will be releasing Legacy of Kain: Defiance for the PC in the US and North America.

It has just been announced that we will release Defiance PC sometime this month in the US and North America!!!!!

The moment I have an exact date, I will post it here.

I hope this announcement will make many of you happy. :)
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

xarax
25th Nov 2003, 20:17
Now that's what I mean by "just keep us informed."

I never doubted you for a moment. :eek:

I hope it is a DVD version with tons of bonus materials.

blincoln
25th Nov 2003, 20:19
Awesome, thanks Chris =).

MURDOCRAZIEL
25th Nov 2003, 20:21
I THANK YOU VERY MUCH CHRIS THAT IS THE BEST NEWS YOU COULD GIVE ME :D

AND I THINK I MAY BE DOING A THREAD ABOUT THANKING YOU AND ALL IN CD AND EIDOS :D IS THAT OK WITH YOU?
ANSWER ME PLEASE :D

xarax
25th Nov 2003, 20:23
Originally posted by blincoln
Awesome, thanks Chris =).

You'll have your work cut out for you, when the PC version is delivered...:eek: More cheats, hacks, debug menus, secrets, bonus materials, etc.

blincoln
25th Nov 2003, 20:37
Well, there won't be a debug menu for the PC version from me, unless it's included as a code. x86 assembly isn't my cup of tea. You're right about the rest though =).

Deathwalker
25th Nov 2003, 21:03
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KainOFthehylden
25th Nov 2003, 21:31
god blesss every man and woman working for CD and Eidos

and thank you chris very much for keeping us informed

i'm sooooooo happy:D

Riovanes
25th Nov 2003, 21:55
*cough*Itoldyouso*cough*.

;)

cycko
25th Nov 2003, 23:15
Well, I glad to hear that finally worked out. From the uproar on the forum I figured CD and Eidos would get enough feedback on this matter to finalize this decision. I must say this makes me VERY happy.

xarax
26th Nov 2003, 03:18
Originally posted by cycko
Well, I glad to hear that finally worked out. From the uproar on the forum I figured CD and Eidos would get enough feedback on this matter to finalize this decision. I must say this makes me VERY happy.

I don't think it had anything to do with the whining. It was already decided a while ago, but they couldn't say anything until all of pieces were in place (porting, testing, burning master discs, replication, distribution channels, pricing, etc.).

Apocrypha Roxy
26th Nov 2003, 03:50
Butterfly Lord, you truly are a demigod.

You have made many folks here very happy. I sing praise for you.

-sings praise-

I offer cookies at the Altar of the Butterfly Lord for thanksgiving of your greatness.

-places Milano cookies at the altar-

-backs away, praying thanks ferverently-

Tesla
26th Nov 2003, 05:29
good thing i never ordered my import copy :D

Soul Reaver
26th Nov 2003, 05:32
I browsed the forum for 30 minutes already! And I missed the thread?! DARN I must pay more attention to the upper part of the page :D...

Okay... *Musters will to keep himself calm, if Raziel can muster will to materialize, then I can muster will to be calm too*

YAY!! BOOYAH! Finally really good news!
PC version for the US, eh? Cool... Although I have to agree with Rio here...

Background sound: 'MUHAHHHAHHA' (MK style)

Good job Eidos and the CD crew! Thanks for the wonderful news Chris!

Glucolisis
26th Nov 2003, 06:04
I knew that this would happen, that`s why I didn`t complained so much.

I feel so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started playing the Xbox version today (i beguining chapter 4) and the game is great, but i miss my keyboard!

Thanks Chris for the info. I`m going to pre-order it now.

Kain_of_Nosgoth
26th Nov 2003, 06:54
Woohoo! Chris, dude, I'd kiss you but I only kiss my girlfriend. *Dies from happiness and is raised as a vampire by Kain* Woohoo! Double good day for me!

Erving JeansBgone
26th Nov 2003, 07:45
Thanks Chris!!!:D
Damn this is gona rule!!! I`m not gona be wasting any money on a new XBOX or a Controler-S!!!:D Dude you rock.keeping us up to speed with recent Lok events has granted you our eternal gratitude:)...:( oh crud! got to upgrade the relic that my PC has become(i say relic couse some of the newer games dont work so well on it)
thanks again Chris!

ali_turk
26th Nov 2003, 10:12
and for playstation2 ? in europe? or is it just for PC?

please answer!!!!!!!!!

Erving JeansBgone
26th Nov 2003, 10:21
This only refers to the US PC relese.The PAL versions of Defiance XBOX & PS2 and the PC will come out in the 6th of Feb 2004

Erving JeansBgone
26th Nov 2003, 10:27
Hey Chris,one more thing,all u know about it is that it has bin confirmed,u know nothing about the system req. right?...anyway what do you guys think about it? what will the game need to run smoothly???

fneh
26th Nov 2003, 11:37
but the question is which one will be out first??? The EU or the USA one?!?!?!?!???

*dramatic music plays*

And of course the all important question:

WILL IT BE ON DVD??????

Erving JeansBgone
26th Nov 2003, 16:08
sorry to stop the dramatic music fneh but chris clearly stated that he was talking about the US one not the EU one,and yes "will it be on a DVD is the all imoprtant question! hope it will be

fneh
26th Nov 2003, 16:57
Originally posted by Erving JeansBgone
sorry to stop the dramatic music fneh but chris clearly stated that he was talking about the US one not the EU one,and yes "will it be on a DVD is the all imoprtant question! hope it will be

yes, I know chris was talking about the USA one. Please read my post PROPERLY before replying to it. If you read it properly you'd know I CLEARLY asked which one will be released FIRST on PC. As in, will the USA PC version be released before the UK one?......:rolleyes:

Soul Reaver
26th Nov 2003, 17:00
Errm... Erving JeansBgone, fneh was wondering which one would be out first... either the EU or the US version...
I personnaly guess that they'll be released at the same time... (either the US version comes out on the 6th or the EU version is re-scheduled)

*waits for news... will have to wait a whole week :'(... still! waits happiliy because PC version for US is announced :D*

-- Soul Reaver

EDIT: Forgot a 'the'

Erving JeansBgone
26th Nov 2003, 17:11
sorry i just asumed that the US PC version would come out before the EU PC version seeing how Defiance came out on console in the US first and that the official US PC shiping date will be anounced in about a week or so...

*thinking over the question if it will be released on a DVD or not and playing the dramatic music again*

dheer
26th Nov 2003, 17:48
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

You just made my day Chris. :D

VoRaDoR
26th Nov 2003, 18:33
Glad that my PC Gamer friends in US will be enjoying Legacy of Kain - Defiance on their PC's. Here in UK / Europe we still got just over 60 days days to wait :( And just looking at some of the Thread Titles is enough to spoil the game :( But I'm still gonna buy the game to show EIDOS anc CRYSTAL DYNAMICS that I am a True LOK FAN, even though they make us wait.

What is PC's to do with NTSC ~Chris?

fneh
26th Nov 2003, 20:38
Originally posted by Erving JeansBgone
sorry i just asumed that the US PC version would come out before the EU PC version seeing how Defiance came out on console in the US first and that the official US PC shiping date will be anounced in about a week or so...

*thinking over the question if it will be released on a DVD or not and playing the dramatic music again*

but the PAL PC versio was announced so much earlier.....I hope the USA one IS earlier though. The sooner the better eh?

The_Hylden
27th Nov 2003, 00:37
Originally posted by fneh
I hope the USA one IS earlier though. The sooner the better eh?

Amen to that. Which is why my pre-order stands for the UK one; the site lets me delete it if need be anyway. So, my advice is do not cancel your pre-oreders yet, not until the release date is announced.

But, fabulous news of course; if not for me, then for countless others who would have suffered.:)

Tesla
27th Nov 2003, 02:26
but the PAL PC versio was announced so much earlier.....I hope the USA one IS earlier though. The sooner the better eh?

just to reclarify, there is no NTSC or PAL for PC. it's all one big happy PC family. :cool:

but as for those with pre-orders, you might as well wait for next week's announcement, but you're almost certainly better off canceling your existing order and buying it in the USA. even if the release date is the same, besides getting the actual USA order, it'll ship a heck of a lot sooner. the fastest international shipping is still going to be slower than probably every option of domestic shipping. and for all that extra price you could get it overnighted and still save.

i suggest watching gamestop coupon codes and see if one comes up for free shipping and maybe overnight shipping (like right now i think OVRNITE still works for free overnight shipping)

The_Hylden
27th Nov 2003, 02:53
You're not "almost certainly better off" canceling if the US version comes two weeks, or more, much more, after the UK version. That is why waiting one more week is most advisable.

But, of course in a perfect scenario, if they both come out on even the same date, cancel the import and buy the US. That is only common sense.

Sarxis
27th Nov 2003, 04:59
Yeah, I kinda figured this would happen. I just don't know why you put us PC fans through the grief.

But thanx! :)

Erving JeansBgone
27th Nov 2003, 17:47
[QUOTE]but the PAL PC versio was announced so much earlier.....I hope the USA one IS earlier though. The sooner the better eh?

good point, if the US version is commin out sooner(wich i hope happens) i will get that one by whatever meens posible

Mac Daddy
27th Nov 2003, 19:28
Hallelujah!, CD and Eidos you are a godsend. I celebrated so hard I kinda hurt myself, so i'm going to happily bleed to death in the corner while I wait for the release. Maybe I'll live long enough to play it but if not I can give the whole vampire thing a try. :D

If this sounded completely stupid then good!

The point is that not even my own death will keep me from playing this game.

CyclopS
28th Nov 2003, 00:01
I LOVE YOU CD/EIDOS! and all who supports the team!:p :D

Chaotix
28th Nov 2003, 04:38
Thanks so much. I do not think I need to explain my emotions on this one. Let me just assure you that I am happy. Now that I know it is coming, I will be happy to wait until the bugs are all ironed out. Make the best product you can! Chris you make an excellent PR guy, thanks for the information.

ViperXtreme
28th Nov 2003, 09:08
perhaps a demo would be released soon? (even just 2 chapters)

fneh
28th Nov 2003, 13:27
Originally posted by ViperXtreme
perhaps a demo would be released soon? (even just 2 chapters)

JUST 2 chapters?????? it's only a 13 chapter game.....That would be like a final fantasy demo that lasts about 3 hours....

A single chapter with a selectable character would be best. Obviously it would need to be a kain level as raziel needs to do things kain can't do.

LordMune
28th Nov 2003, 18:52
*sob*

I... I... I'm so HAPPY!
*tears of joy*
Of course, the tears of joy only apply if the US version is released before the European one... :o

Mac Daddy
28th Nov 2003, 19:33
heh, well beggars cant be choosers.

LordMune
28th Nov 2003, 21:46
Sometimes, like now, I wish that wasn't true. :p

Dad
29th Nov 2003, 14:52
Really feeling the love now!!!
:D

Omni_Sephiroth
29th Nov 2003, 15:32
The Pc version has Finally come!!! do u have an Adzact date?

Chaotix
29th Nov 2003, 18:26
Originally posted by Omni_Sephiroth
The Pc version has Finally come!!! do u have an Adzact date?

Chris mentioned in his post that the date will be announced in the next week or so.

VoRaDoR
2nd Dec 2003, 02:20
PC version of Legacy of Kain - Defiance. This is good news for the US PC Gamers. There were no plans for a PC version of LOKD in US. ;)You've made EIDOS hear your voice.. Now the painful wait for us, US PC and European Xbox, PS2 and PC Gamers..

Endoskeleton
2nd Dec 2003, 10:42
Okay, newbienewbie here... i actually stumbled on this website while i was hunting for a copy of original blood omen 1! Wohoo! :p
Couldn't been more positively surprised. But, even reading this thread all over again couple of times, i miss some points about the release mess.

So the facts should be?

- NTSC-versions for Xbox & ps2 are out

- PAL & PC-versions are still to be released. I realized that consoleversions go for the next year, but are we gonna see any pc-version before christmas?:confused:

Correct me...

ps. I remember the vacation-weekend from army when i played the soul reaver 2 through, and almost ripped my hair out (if only i had any:) when i realized that i'd have to wait COUPLE OF YEARS for a sequel! Couldn't have ended at more critical point....

LordMune
2nd Dec 2003, 11:11
Originally posted by Endoskeleton
Okay, newbienewbie here... i actually stumbled on this website while i was hunting for a copy of original blood omen 1! Wohoo! :p
Couldn't been more positively surprised. But, even reading this thread all over again couple of times, i miss some points about the release mess.

So the facts should be?

- NTSC-versions for Xbox & ps2 are out

- PAL & PC-versions are still to be released. I realized that consoleversions go for the next year, but are we gonna see any pc-version before christmas?:confused:

Correct me...

ps. I remember the vacation-weekend from army when i played the soul reaver 2 through, and almost ripped my hair out (if only i had any:) when i realized that i'd have to wait COUPLE OF YEARS for a sequel! Couldn't have ended at more critical point....

Yes, the NTSC console versions are out, the PAL and European Multilingual PC version is to be released on February 6, hopefully a bit earlier. The release date for the US PC version is to be announced soon. Hope that cleared up some of the mess. :P

Chris@Crystal
2nd Dec 2003, 18:56
Hey there,
It is so nice to read posts from happy gamers! :) I still do not have the exact release date for the US PC version, but I should have it soon. We are hard at work on it as I am typing this. I'll let you know the moment I get information.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

unwished legacy
2nd Dec 2003, 19:11
Let's put it on the same time as the PAL Console versions... LIKE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN!!!

Make 'em wait for their next fix :mad:

:D

Mac Daddy
2nd Dec 2003, 23:40
ok...

nevermind, that "disgruntled" in your location explains it, heh.

dheer
3rd Dec 2003, 00:15
Thanks for the update Chris! (hopes it's soon, hopes it's soon) :)

Xyline
3rd Dec 2003, 09:40
This is great news, but I still won't sleep easy until I see a PC CDROM logo at the bottom of the US LOK site ;).

Chris@Crystal
5th Dec 2003, 20:05
Hello again North American PC users,
I have received word that the North American PC version of Defiance will be released this month. As soon as we have an exact release date I will post it here.
Hope this gets some of you excited. :)
~Chris

Soul Reaver
5th Dec 2003, 20:29
CHRIS!!! I know I'm a guy etc. but I just have to say that I LOVE YOU (in a friendly way)! BOOYAH!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!

Must calm down...

I know it's bad to kill the messenger, but can we crown him king? Pretty Please???:D:D

coxegean
5th Dec 2003, 20:33
Yeah

ThankX MAN

U RULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:)

Tesla
5th Dec 2003, 20:49
Cool beans.

Deathwalker
5th Dec 2003, 22:09
all I can say is "yes" I can't wait to start playing!!!!!:) :D :cool: :p :D

coxegean
5th Dec 2003, 22:45
Lets HOPE that the release date wont be around 29 of this mounth or so coz

Waiting is KKiliing Meeeeeeee

:(

dheer
6th Dec 2003, 00:55
Excellent news Chris! Woohoo! I just saw the update on HomeLan Fed.

I guess I don't have to worry about a "consolized" version like Deus Ex. I know it's a port. :D

Sarxis
6th Dec 2003, 03:36
Man, that's nice. I've been looking forward to LoK:D since BO2. It will be great if it comes well before Xmas, for sale's sake.

xarax
6th Dec 2003, 06:05
Was my December prediction (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27187) correct?

FierceClaw
6th Dec 2003, 10:20
Well, this is certainly good news!

One question, though: Will the PC version have all of the excellent graphical effects that the console versions do? I ask because I've noticed that SR2 and BO2 are missing some of the cooler effects on PC that were there on the consoles. Hopefully this won't be a problem now that it's been a while since the previous LoK games and most PC graphics cards can handle the same stuff as the current generation of consoles :) .

Omni_Sephiroth
6th Dec 2003, 10:21
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Thats sooooooo good to hear !!!!!!!!!!

Endoskeleton
6th Dec 2003, 23:01
Most excellent...

Poor Ariel, her torment at the pillars must be something like mine while waiting for a next LoK -sequel:)

darien_specter
7th Dec 2003, 04:25
WOOHOO!!!! Risking the forums paid off after all... :D:D:D

Chaotix
7th Dec 2003, 06:54
Any word on system requiements Chris? Thanks in advance.

Al Diablo
7th Dec 2003, 23:43
*sigh* great, first there isn't going to be a US PC version, now suddenly there is and to top it all of it's there 2 months before the EU release, is there any positive side to living in europe!?!

MURDOCRAZIEL
8th Dec 2003, 02:35
is it truth what my eyes are reading??? not only the pc version but this month released as well?? my god!!!!!!!! i ...i.. i just can't wait!!!!!!!! i....i don't know what to say !!!!!! who do i kiss for this new? yeah tell us the minimun requirements and the fasha... u know the fasha? fasha ....daddy means fasha! :| (austin powers in goldmember)....

xarax
8th Dec 2003, 03:20
Originally posted by Al Diablo
*sigh* great, first there isn't going to be a US PC version, now suddenly there is and to top it all of it's there 2 months before the EU release, is there any positive side to living in europe!?!

nude beaches.

Al Diablo
8th Dec 2003, 13:52
Originally posted by xarax
nude beaches.

*shudders*

coxegean
9th Dec 2003, 08:05
2 weeks passed and still no responce from CHRIS

:( :( :(

Im getting very disappointed

Omni_Sephiroth
9th Dec 2003, 08:37
Originally posted by coxegean

We must remain faithfull!!!!!!

legacyofraziel
9th Dec 2003, 13:27
im know and im from israel (europe)and im not so good in english
so forgive my misteks.;) ;)

legacyofraziel
9th Dec 2003, 13:31
and i know thet we in europe are pain :(
but thet doesnt cheange the fect thet the game is good!!!
what im traying to say is thet still im going to buy the game!!!:D :D

legacyofraziel
9th Dec 2003, 13:35
i want to thenk eidos for halping me get in becoese i did tons of broblems traying to get a member:(
so im shor thet ther traying ther best!!!;) :D :p

Endoskeleton
9th Dec 2003, 14:40
Hmm, i kinda like that "pirates of the caribbean arrrr!" -style writing;)

legacyofraziel
9th Dec 2003, 15:01
whe are talking abot defiance

Detheavn
9th Dec 2003, 18:12
Guess I'll just have to import the game from the US ... I don't really feel like waiting for a European release ... besides, most multilanguage games suck ... let's just keep 'em in english, now shall we? ;)

legacyofraziel
9th Dec 2003, 18:21
o..ye... !!!
i speak hebrow but inhebrow defiance?! eek?!
i wont english just as evribody els:D

Omni_Sephiroth
10th Dec 2003, 07:35
Originally posted by Detheavn
Guess I'll just have to import the game from the US ... I don't really feel like waiting for a European release ... besides, most multilanguage games suck ... let's just keep 'em in english, now shall we? ;) Here here Detheavvn!! :p

coxegean
10th Dec 2003, 17:21

----------------------------------------------------
We must remain faithfull!!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------

Yeah We MUST but fot how LONG ?????????

A year or 2 maybe starting from today ???

Soul Reaver
10th Dec 2003, 17:35
Well... what ARE you waiting for? Chris gave us the info regarding the release date - it's released this month...
I guess it was everything he could tell us...

Reaper007
10th Dec 2003, 17:39
watch chris tell use it's in stores the same day he announces it. can you picture a bunch of LoK fans rampaging through their local computer store heading for the guy putting the game on the shelves. imagine the look on his face:eek: :eek: :eek:

Reaper007

Mac Daddy
10th Dec 2003, 17:44
that would be a sight to see. :cool:

Deathwalker
10th Dec 2003, 17:47
I just called my local gamestop and they told me that the PC version of LOK Defiance will be released on Dec. 17.

And the countdown begins. 7 days to go

Yes!!!!!!!!:D :p :p :D

GothicRaziel2003
10th Dec 2003, 18:35
Hello LOK fans, i'm here with great news for everyone, in the eidos stor web page, it is anounced Defiance for PC in december 16, it's a great new.

see ya...

legacyofraziel
10th Dec 2003, 18:37
maybe but just in us? what abot europe?:(
ye i know thet naw your going to say "it will be in feburey!!"
:mad:

Umah Bloodomen
10th Dec 2003, 21:29
I suppose I wasn't very clear in one of the other threads:

Okay, the flaming needs to seriously stop. (It is after all, a violation of the Terms of Use of Our Community (Which each and every one of you agreed to prior to even making your first post here).

I realize that our Euro-friends are upset, however, if you cannot discuss the issue rationally and constructively, these threads will be closed, and it won't be open for discussion. Your issues are best suited for the marketing department of Eidos, and not to be taken out on people who have little to no control over the issue (such as Chris and his colleagues at CD). You're more likely to be taken seriously when you show at least an ounce of tact.

Chris has been more than generous with keeping everyone informed when he is made aware of things. It may not be the best of news, but you can show him some respect and refrain from blaming him for everything wrong with the world.

The current official release date for the Euro-version of Defiance is indeed February 2004. The North American PC version will be released this month. At this time, that has not changed to the best of my knowledge. If either release date should be changed (officially), it will be brought to everyone's attention accordingly

Obviously everyone has failed to adhere to the plea of rational and constructive responses with regard to this issue. Because of that, this thread too, is closed.