PDA

View Full Version : Mac raiders rejoice!

Deekman
25th Nov 2003, 18:23
Aspyr devolping Angel of Darkness for us Macphiles!
details here (http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/10/22/traod/)
The words I've been waiting to hear.

JohnRaider
25th Nov 2003, 19:43
Yup, this is old news.

Right now, the mac version of AOD is in beta and should go gold around next month.

Hopefully all the problems with the PC version will be fixed. Although I might not get the mac version since I'm thinking about going back to the PC.

Jack

AndrewIII
25th Nov 2003, 20:42
Originally posted by jack_Raider
Yup, this is old news.

Right now, the mac version of AOD is in beta and should go gold around next month.

Hopefully all the problems with the PC version will be fixed. Although I might not get the mac version since I'm thinking about going back to the PC.

Jack

Even though the problems are fixed, what point would it be to play a game with rehashed gameplay that haven't evolved since 1996? Its pointless I tell you.

EddyBones
25th Nov 2003, 22:42
Originally posted by AndrewIII
Even though the problems are fixed, what point would it be to play a game with rehashed gameplay that haven't evolved since 1996? Its pointless I tell you.
Because it's enjoyable:rolleyes:
You seriously don't have to hate on TR all the time. Just stop being an [expletive deleted]. I think you've made your point that you dislike TR in about every thread, so making inane comments like you just did only manages to get people pissed at you. If that's what you're out to accomplish, it worked. So you can stop while you're ahead.

JohnRaider
25th Nov 2003, 23:16
Originally posted by Gandalf the Gray
You seriously don't have to hate on TR all the time. Just stop being an [expletive deleted]. I think you've made your point that you dislike TR in about every thread, so making inane comments like you just did only manages to get people pissed at you. If that's what you're out to accomplish, it worked. So you can stop while you're ahead.

Actually in a way AndrewIII is right. The game is basically a rehash but with stolen ideas from Metal Gear Solid 2. Why in the world add steath when its much easier and quicker shooting?

I've only played the PS2 version and I hear the PC version controls suck. Angel of Darkness wasn't that bad of a game, it's just could have been so much better. I was expecting a new game, but unfortantly Core went back to what they do best (making yet another "same" tomb raider).

The only reason worth owning AOD is for the return of Lara Croft and its complex story (which by the way is all muddled together). But if I were you, whip out tomb raider and tomb raider II, then save your money for Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider 7. ;)

Jack

AndrewIII
26th Nov 2003, 00:12
Originally posted by Gandalf the Gray

I don't hate the games with a veangence(because I've enjoyed them to a degree). I just hate how the games have been treated. Any true/hardcore gamer would have even made the same comments as I did.

Deekman
26th Nov 2003, 00:35
As for myself, not being a true hardcore gamer, I don't care!
To me it'll be one more Tomb Raiding adventure to go on.
I play very few other games, I don't own a PS2 or any other
gaming platform, just my trusty Mac.
I the meantime I've been working my way through the myriad of
fan created custom TR levels, and am eagerly awaiting the soon
to be released 25 level Tomb Raider A custom game by that mad master Psiko.

JohnRaider
26th Nov 2003, 12:50
Deekman,

It's great to see another mac user on the forums. I myself play tomb raider on my mac except for AOD which I own for PS2.

It seems to me you haven't played AOD yet and if not you should really give it a try. AOD might be similar to past tomb raider games, but it also has its own reasons for being a different tomb raider game.

Anyways, once AOD comes out for mac get it as soon as possibile :). I can tell your not a big gamer since you only play games on mac, so AOD will be worth owning in your mac game collection.

Jack_Raider

also, what kind of mac do you own?

Deekman
26th Nov 2003, 13:08
Guarenteed I'll be picking up AOD for the Mac when it's released.
I've got a Graphite iMac DVD Special Edition G3.
(She's a fastback with tinted windows LOL!)
Gonna be time for some kind of upgrading eventually, I guess.
I'm still running OS 9 point something on it.
Had it for around three years now. But it's still quick and reliable.
I did manage to mangle the disc drive with a Romulan mini disc.
So that needs replacing. Another reason I'm glad for all the custom levels.
I can just keep downloading them and playing them
and keep putting off replacing the drive.
I hear the Mac AOD will, understandably, be for OSX and above only.
Definately will need to upgrade for that.
I'm on a G5 with OSX Jaguar at work. We'll be getting Panther as soon as
they can work out the liscensing deal.
We've got around sixty people on Macs where I work.

Make that eighty people on Macs at my job. I just officially found out

AndrewIII
28th Nov 2003, 20:32
AOD might be similar to past tomb raider games, but it also has its own reasons for being a different tomb raider game.

Of course its not going to change. The Tomb Raider games haven't changed, and thats particuallary why the games have failed. If Eidos have really cared a TR, the games would have offered some descent/worthy change.

Mgardiner
29th Nov 2003, 01:55
AndrewIII I have a question, why exactly are you here? Every post Ive pretty much seen you make is against TR is some way, yes you hang on the TR offical boards...why? :rolleyes:

JohnRaider
29th Nov 2003, 05:09
Originally posted by AndrewIII
Of course its not going to change. The Tomb Raider games haven't changed, and thats particuallary why the games have failed. If Eidos have really cared a TR, the games would have offered some descent/worthy change.

I understand your negative thoughts with the tomb raider series, but you must understand that us hardcore tomb raider fans love the outdated gameplay and formula. Its the reason we keep playing tomb raider!

Eidos/Core were never worried about pleasing the fans since they always have and they knew how much we loved the TR gameplay. Eidos/Core just had problems pleasing new players.

Jack

AndrewIII
29th Nov 2003, 09:21
I understand your negative thoughts with the tomb raider series, but you must understand that us hardcore tomb raider fans love the outdated gameplay and formula. Its the reason we keep playing tomb raider!

Now wonder why the games have been taking a beating from the gaming media. I can't imagine that TR fanboys are bored of the same thing over and over,but is in denial of it.