PDA

View Full Version : Any UK buyers get free comic??????

LoK#1
25th Nov 2003, 12:15
i just got my ps2 copy of defiance from Gamestop and when i pre-ordered it there was a free comic on offer but all i got was a crappy gamestop booklet and the box wasnt big enough for a full sized comic,
Anyone else get ripped or was it just me
(it wasnt even listed on the packing order)

BrokenAntiMatter
25th Nov 2003, 22:06
that has to suck beyond all suckness

blincoln
25th Nov 2003, 22:39
The offer was probably only for US customers. Shipping a box big enough for the comic book as well would have doubled or tripled your shipping cost.

L_Master562
25th Nov 2003, 23:02
Yet I got nothing myself as well. One of the days this week I get off I'm going to the store with my receit and seeing what the problem was. Sucks to not have picked it up myself.

fneh
26th Nov 2003, 10:56
as far as I know I'm the only other UK buyer so far and I doubt I'll get the comic. Can't say I'm bothered. It would be a nice extra but I doubt I'll get it.

yes I did preorder but I'm STILL waiting for it because importmadness.co.uk didn't send it till the 19th thinking I was BSing about the 12th being the release date. I'm hoping it's going to arrive today. I selected 5 day postage and today is day 5 (excluding the weekend).............argh.

I'll post again when I have the game if it actually has the comic

pel026
26th Nov 2003, 13:43
I have also order it from gamestop. But no comic too.

The Leviathan
26th Nov 2003, 16:22
I managed to get the comic when I reserved my copy of the game at EBgames!
it's pretty good it realy doesn't give you any details on the story in the next game, it gives a background of the entire series. but that's still good.......(I guess)

LoK#1
27th Nov 2003, 06:05
Originally posted by fneh
as far as I know I'm the only other UK buyer so far and I doubt I'll get the comic. Can't say I'm bothered. It would be a nice extra but I doubt I'll get it.

yes I did preorder but I'm STILL waiting for it because importmadness.co.uk didn't send it till the 19th thinking I was BSing about the 12th being the release date. I'm hoping it's going to arrive today. I selected 5 day postage and today is day 5 (excluding the weekend).............argh.

I'll post again when I have the game if it actually has the comic
poor guy hope its there soon for you and i had a lot of bother with mine aswell .the ups drivers were trying to deliver it to a Dundee in England(of which ive never heard)until i sent an email telling them what monkeys they were and it shouldve been here by the 18/11 ,also i got another £17.10 uk customs charge for it but when i got the lok figures they were free(apart from basic shippping )no extra charges anywhere and the boxes were huge compared to the 1 Defiance arrived in.

Originally posted by pel026
I have also order it from gamestop. But no comic too.
Has yours arrived yet and if you dont mind what part of Malta is Kalkara near? ie Valletta ,Bugibba...:D

pel026
27th Nov 2003, 07:23
Has yours arrived yet and if you dont mind what part of Malta is Kalkara near? ie Valletta ,Bugibba...

Yes it has already arrived on the 18th. Kalkara is near the three cities, just a little bit south of Valletta.