PDA

View Full Version : what's so not Deus Ex about "DX 2"

auric
25th Nov 2003, 12:01
Since I can't work the Demo because of my "GeFORCE 4 MX 440" which they don't support,
I would like those who have experianced the game in any way & think theres problem with it.

Please list them down here in this post.

I want' to see what has happen/lacking/etc. to Deus Ex.

Thank You

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
25th Nov 2003, 13:04
well, I think you can read any of the 50 last threads, since they are all the same. you will have a pretty exhaustive list

Merovingi
25th Nov 2003, 13:11
Well.. the deep down feel of the demo is that of Deus Ex.. it's there. It's just that the entire interface clouds that. The PC and XBOX version were co-developed but they didn't even bother to modify the PC version to have a more efficient and appropriate interface.

When I say interface I mean the inventory system, the menus and how you browse through them using the keys, the hacking menu isn't even really hacking (it just says "Hacking" and you have to wait a few seconds for the options to appear), and the biggest gripe has to be the font size. The font size is about the size of the word FORUMS on the top of this forum page (under the Eidos logo).. actually, it's a bit bigger than that. The font gets in the way - it's EXTREMELY annoying.

It's not that this doesn't really feel like Deus Ex.. it's just that as a PC game this has a bad case of consolitis diagnosed all over it. Consolitis being a port type of deal where the PC version has obvious features and design ideas that look as if they were unchanged from the console version.

I mean seriously.. how hard and time consuming (yet worthy) would it be to do seperate interfaces for either version??? Seriously, I wanna know.

Random
25th Nov 2003, 13:18
You can read through any of the threads from the last few days to get an idea. We don't need to open the floor to another repeat of the same arguments.