PDA

View Full Version : Better DX3

Coldfire
25th Nov 2003, 01:16
I know most of you pc lovers are having "letting go issues" but maybe you guy`s could direct that negativity to DX3 So Then DX3 will have headshots,better inventory,leaning ect.

THAT WOULD MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY!!

Viking2
25th Nov 2003, 01:35
Fat chance. You think we're gonna wait another 3 years to be disappointed again? Forget it. I wouldn't be surprised if the next one isn't even out for PC. They're obviously looking for a new audience, and have ignored our needs. I'm not trying to rant mindlessly here, but think of the facts, and you'll see it's undeniable. They are focusing on the xbox. So, our changes won't matter, because the new fans will only be playing DX:IW and will love it for what it is, so the third one may not have any of the changes we want at all.

By the way, "letting go issues" sounds so crude. We're not trying to let go. We're just trying to look over the many flaws and mistakes this new game has, many more than the first, may I add. Frankly, most of us have failed in this. It's not really surprising, because I think the problems with DX:IW are so many, that you'd need a hell of a lot of faith and dedication to the sequel to be able to just look them over and favor the stronger points of the game.

nimbus
25th Nov 2003, 01:38
...and DX3 will be a better game because of it, even if DX2 turns out to be great too!

buzzfunk
25th Nov 2003, 01:40
Yeah i agree. But. There's still hope:

the MoDDErs!

They already tweaked the demo by just editing text files. I wonder what some talent could do if they had the tools to change things around. Im sure someone could come up with a much better hud. Its just a matter of time....

...sometimes when people get mad, they vent their anger in changing the game to their vision. Sometimes that can be bad but in this case, i see good things coming.

Coldfire
25th Nov 2003, 02:29
in three years the consoles+comp. will at least have enough power to fix what many complain so much about
"Consoles dumbed it down" well, we cant change DX2 but if your so desperete to have a DX1 copy named DX3 well go ahead I`m sure that will take advantage of the new technolagy we will have. :rolleyes:

Jesus, P.I.
25th Nov 2003, 04:07
Originally posted by buzzfunk
Yeah i agree. But. There's still hope:

the MoDDErs!

They already tweaked the demo by just editing text files. I wonder what some talent could do if they had the tools to change things around. Im sure someone could come up with a much better hud. Its just a matter of time....

...sometimes when people get mad, they vent their anger in changing the game to their vision. Sometimes that can be bad but in this case, i see good things coming.

Well, editing *.ini files is one thing. The only .ini editor you need to do this is a program called "Notepad." :eek:

However, to do editing that would affect the game fundamentally, we need real editing tools, an SDK. And last I checked Ion Storm is stubbornly refusing to release editing tools for DX:IW. Please tell me that I'm wrong, that would make my day and probably even convince me to buy the game.

EDIT: If what you tell me is the truth, or course. ;)

SK Denton
25th Nov 2003, 04:24
Originally posted by Coldfire
in three years the consoles+comp. will at least have enough power to fix what many complain so much about
"Consoles dumbed it down" well, we cant change DX2 but if your so desperete to have a DX1 copy named DX3 well go ahead I`m sure that will take advantage of the new technolagy we will have. :rolleyes:

I will use this quote which does a nice job - TTLG forums:

There seems to be a widely accepted assumption around here, and other forums... that it is somehow really unrealistic, stupid, and naieve to expect new entries in a series to basically just be the same game, with better graphics and a new story.

Why is this an unreasonable assumption? what is wrong with wanting this?

Shouldn't that be the NATURAL assumption? That's what we've gotten with many games, and it's always a good thing. That's what Half-Life 2 is looking to be.

Same basic game, better graphics... new story...

Improvements are great! sure! innovation! yea! Nobody is saying "don't innovate! don't improve!"

but these innovations and improvements need to be built upon the existing success of the previous game, they need to use the previous game as a framework.

And improvements and innovations are almost always going to be in the form of ADDITIONAL THINGS, not REMOVING STUFF that was in the previous game!

So, I'm about tired of hearing people say "oh my god, you expected Deus Ex with better graphics?" because there is nothing wrong with having expected that, and there would be nothing wrong with that game either! it would rule!

And as far as consoles not dumbing down pc games...well just read my sig.

Mehrunes
25th Nov 2003, 04:27
Many popular console games include things like skill systems, leaning, reloading and multiple ammo types. I mean, you'd have to be a moron to think that consoles are respons... oh wait.

SK Denton
25th Nov 2003, 04:53
Originally posted by Mehrunes
Many popular console games include things like skill systems, leaning, reloading and multiple ammo types. I mean, you'd have to be a moron to think that consoles are respons... oh wait.

I love how fanboys think they are so smart and put words in people's mouths so that they can flame them.

Anyway, no one is saying that all consoles effect all pc games, but to deny that IW was not affected by the xbox especially when IS practically admitted it (read my sig) shows a complete lack of intelligence and common sense. Is that clear enough for you, you POS fanboy troll? :rolleyes: