PDA

View Full Version : Biomod/Weapon Questions

nimbus
25th Nov 2003, 01:09
Alright, here's something easy...I'm looking for INFO about the biomods, I've asked on a couple other threads but people seem to be too busy with every single other element out there...now there's a stickied post that links to this thread (http://www.ionstorm.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP619612110&id=34880) on the Ion Storm site, which tells all about unlocking every biomod, and most of all the other items in the game. Aren't you guys curious about that? I know I am! :p

I don't want to be pushy, but if you've played with this stuff at all yet, do us non-demo folk a favor and drop a short post in this thread to let us know whatever cool stuff you find. I'd like to know how the new items work, specifically if anyone knows:

1. Does the spy drone cause organic damage as well as EMP (I heard it did, if so, how much)?

2. How much does level 2 Vision Enhancment see through walls? Similar to DX1?

3. How much damage does Biotox drone do? How effective is it?

4. Mag-Railgun? Useful?

5. Does Cloak/Thermal masking eat up as much power as before? Do the level increases do anything other than reduce power consumption?

6. Bot Domination?

7. How much health does Health Leech give?

8. Electrostatic discharge? This one seemed funny because bots (originally) explode when you kill them, but I think it works on organics too?

Soooo many questions... :D ...and the only info I can find is how much xbox sux. :p

p.s. if anyone mentions the words "console" "xbox" "reloading" "ammo pool" or "leaning" I'll gouge my eyes out. ;)

Psychotext
25th Nov 2003, 01:22
1: Haven't tried it yet, sorry.
2: Same again.
3: On level three it's pretty nasty once it finds a target. Didn't take long to waste the people in the demo.
4: Was good for killing the turret. Possibly good for stealth players to waste cameras.
5: Yes, they eat lots of bioenergy (Although there was a complaint about it not using enough). I haven't tried the different levels so I couldn't say for certain about the energy consumption.
6: Too weak by far on enemy bots. You'll be dead if you try to dominate anything bigger than a spider bot. Useful on your own bots though. Perhaps good for turrets that aren't trying to kill you.
7: As for 1.
8: As for 1.

DarkForge
25th Nov 2003, 10:29
Just a quick thing I noticed about the Health Leech Drone, FYI: it seems as though you can only use it once per body. I had killed the greasel trainer, and used the Drone which began its task, but then my bio-energy ran out. I topped it up with a cell (that's something else by the way: one cell seems to top up my supply), and tried the Drone again. This time however, it didn't want to to anything on the body. It still did its job on a body of one of the guards though.

So it looks like if your Drone is interrupted mid-task for some reason, you can't complete the process on the same body at a later point.

Psychotext
25th Nov 2003, 14:23
More answers:

1: Playing with level three spy drone on realistic mode I could take down a guard in two hits and disable the turret with one.
2: Can only see organic targets, not weapons, medikits or cameras.
3: I was pretty impressed with the leach on level three. First I killed all of the guards outside on the pad. (Think there were four of them). Then I just stood in front of the turret and let it shoot. The leach was able to harvest all of the bodies and keep me alive before I ran out of bioenergy and had to run for cover. Looks like one body (On level three) will provide about 3/4 of your health back.

I'll have a look at the other one later.

9of9
25th Nov 2003, 16:11
It's actually pretty easy to dominate enemy turrets/bots - you right click them once and then run off (putting on the speed mod) and hide. After 5 seconds the biomod comes online and you're in a safe place :)

Psychotext
25th Nov 2003, 16:21
Ahhh... I thought you had to keep them in your line of sight!

nimbus
25th Nov 2003, 22:33
Wow, thanks a lot, man! That sounds great, I can't wait until next Wednesday...

Two last things...I promise:D

Gamespy says:
Mag Rail
Fires a narrow but extremely powerful energy beam. Alternate firing mode delivers an EMP blast that passes through walls.

Is this like a laser? Kills organics and/or bots? (I know the secondary fire is for bots, of course)

And also wondering how the sword is...someone said it looks worse than the Dragon's Tooth, but if it works like one I'll be more than happy.

Thanks again!

Psychotext
25th Nov 2003, 22:47
Mag rail seemed to do the same on alt and normal fire, could be wrong. It does kill humans, but slowly. It looks like the thing out of Eraser.

Sword looks ok, cuts like a blunt brick. Will never, ever be using it.

9of9
26th Nov 2003, 13:36
That is you can take out people with a single swipe to the head :)