PDA

View Full Version : Headshots in Xbox version?

Revixter
24th Nov 2003, 21:49
I would buy this for PC however since they didn't include support for geforce MX, I'm not about to buy a new video card.

I was wondering... will the xbox version have headshots? Anyone know? If not I seriously will not buy it... I can live without the no leaning... unified ammo, whatever... but no headshot? I'm sorry.. Being stealthful and taking out one foe at a time was the absolute most fun in the original Deus Ex... and the lack of this is simply the straw that will break the camel's back. I'm sure that my $50 could pay the programmer for the one hour it will take to include them.

nimbus
24th Nov 2003, 22:19
It will...oh yes it will...[wrings hands nefariously]

...because if it didn't...[eye twitches]...I'd have to kill...kill...kill

Oh, yes, the Xbox version WILl have headshots...it WILL...it WILL...I know it will...

FuriousNoob >:-(
24th Nov 2003, 22:20
Well the x-box version has gone gold hasn't it? I don't know - i think it has. If the x-box version HAS gone gold, then i would guess that the gameplay will be pretty close to identical to the demo. I would at least set that as the null hypothesis until there is evidence to show otherwise. My advice about the x-box version to anyone who is wishwashy is to wait until reviews come out, or better yet rent it and try it out.

StuffGuy
24th Nov 2003, 22:38
Okay, there are headshots in the demo.. just not very apparent. One of the devs admitted over at the IS boards that it sounds like the demo might have had a problem in that area.

The Glome
24th Nov 2003, 23:07
I'm beginning to think that the demo was the same as the e3 demo. I remember when Gamespot previewed DX2 during e3 - they said there the locational damage was off a bit and that the AI was sloppy.. framerate was slow, etc.

I still can't wait for the full (Xbox in my case) version! You rock Ion Storm! \m/

locketine
24th Nov 2003, 23:11
I want a pc version! Not an xbox port. The demo was so disapointing, it ran like it will probably run on an xbox and looked the same. I had the unique feeling of playing on my tv with my 20 inch monitor, wtf did the devs do?. and the localized damage is ****ing ****ty if it even exists. please make this game as close to the original because as things stand now with the demo I'd prefer to buy the old game again.

SK Denton
25th Nov 2003, 00:12
Originally posted by Revixter
I would buy this for PC however since they didn't include support for geforce MX, I'm not about to buy a new video card.

I was wondering... will the xbox version have headshots? Anyone know? If not I seriously will not buy it... I can live without the no leaning... unified ammo, whatever... but no headshot? I'm sorry.. Being stealthful and taking out one foe at a time was the absolute most fun in the original Deus Ex... and the lack of this is simply the straw that will break the camel's back. I'm sure that my $50 could pay the programmer for the one hour it will take to include them.

The PC version IS the xbox version! They are exactly the same game. What you see is what you get.

Five.Pointe.O
25th Nov 2003, 03:36
Originally posted by SK Denton
The PC version IS the xbox version! They are exactly the same game. What you see is what you get.

And you know this because you played the Xbox version.

Jesus, P.I.
25th Nov 2003, 03:39
Originally posted by Five.Pointe.O
And you know this because you played the Xbox version.

The dev's confirmed a long time ago that the only difference between PC and xbox versions are graphical issues that had to be adjusted based on the platform. Gameplay between the two is identical.

EDIT: and yes, I am fairly sure that the developers did play the xbox version ;)

Revixter
25th Nov 2003, 07:06
I heard something about the locational damage being messed up in the demo. Is this true or just a rumor?

Jesus, P.I.
25th Nov 2003, 07:58
Originally posted by Revixter
I heard something about the locational damage being messed up in the demo. Is this true or just a rumor?

The developers have confirmed that they need to tweak the values, but they will not allow an unupgraded pistol to make a fatal headshot.

crimson_stallion
25th Nov 2003, 10:53
Originally posted by FuriousNoob >:-(
Well the x-box version has gone gold hasn't it? I don't know - i think it has. If the x-box version HAS gone gold, then i would guess that the gameplay will be pretty close to identical to the demo. I would at least set that as the null hypothesis until there is evidence to show otherwise. My advice about the x-box version to anyone who is wishwashy is to wait until reviews come out, or better yet rent it and try it out.

Damn null hypothesises :S (that a word?). I soo hate hypothesis testing...

I'd also say the xbox version is probalby very close to the demo, albeit probably with less bugs.