PDA

View Full Version : Creative ways of completing the demo ?

rms
24th Nov 2003, 19:05
I think there is a ionstorm forum thread on this also, but that forum loads slowly or not at all for me, so I'll ask here:

How did you finish the demo, what weapons/techniques etc? I haven't figured out the interface yet, so have only done the obvious methods. It would be cool to here how people are solving it.

rms

HKRaven
24th Nov 2003, 19:10
I havent beaten the demo yet(keeps crashing). I've only gotten as far as killing the crime lord and was heading back to the bar(crashed when i entered). I used the handgun and "x-Ray" and sneaked around waiting for people to have their backs turned to me and then rushed in and gave em 2 quick to the head :D

rms
24th Nov 2003, 20:15
The simplest way appears to be to kill the gate guard, then hack the turret and blow up the explosive device. That attracts the rest of the guards, which the turret easily takes out. I'd like to try some non-lethal method of taking them out tho.

rms

Viking2
24th Nov 2003, 20:18
Heh, I refused to play it for too long. It made me feel sad.

Meteor_of_War
24th Nov 2003, 20:31
I'd just like to first say that i didnt like the demo much the first time i played it and while i still dont think it compares to the first game (where's my skill points?!!) it's starting to grow on me.

As for how i completed the demo, i've finished it two different ways so far. The first way would be the easiest...without killing Saks (sp?). I asked the gate guard outside the apartments to let me speak to Saks. I told her i'd come back with the 1000 credits when i had it to get Sid's plane back. Then i talked to the guy in the Greasel Pit that would pay me to have Gob-Zilla rubbed out so his Greasel could win the pit fighting championship. So i went back to the apartment, killed Gob-Zilla and his trainer and collected my fee. Then i bet as much as i could (500) on his Greasel and won. By that point i had 1800 credits.:D Then went back and payed off Saks.

Then there was the quickest way that rms described. I did it that way my second time through.

gord
24th Nov 2003, 20:39
I electrocuted the first gate guard, used the boxes and barrells to climb over the fence, jumped down the other side and flicked the switch to open the gate (saved a multi tool)

hacked the control panel, took out the two guards on the pad, switched out all cameras

went back round to first apartment, got the shotgun etc, went around the lower levels, more goodies.....into bottom of elevator

come out in the gobzilla room, spider bombed gobzilla and stayed in the shaft, came out when all clear, took the rewards

moved upstairs, used my silent window breaker to enter the goody box room, let the guy walk in, quickly shut the door behind him and electrocute, put his body in one of the boxes...it is possible

move into the womans room, have a chit chat, tell her i wish i could help, stand to the side so her and the guard are in line, pull out shotgun and eliminate

got to the bar, steal a fire extinguisher and put out all the barrell fires, hit some of the swinging lights to watch the dynamic lighting

bet 500 creds on Greeny

generally be satisfied

OrioTecc
24th Nov 2003, 20:56
Originally posted by Meteor_of_War
I'd just like to first say that i didnt like the demo much the first time i played it and while i still dont think it compares to the first game (where's my skill points?!!) it's starting to grow on me.

As for how i completed the demo, i've finished it two different ways so far. The first way would be the easiest...without killing Saks (sp?). I asked the gate guard outside the apartments to let me speak to Saks. I told her i'd come back with the 1000 credits when i had it to get Sid's plane back. Then i talked to the guy in the Greasel Pit that would pay me to have Gob-Zilla rubbed out so his Greasel could win the pit fighting championship. So i went back to the apartment, killed Gob-Zilla and his trainer and collected my fee. Then i bet as much as i could (500) on his Greasel and won. By that point i had 1800 credits.:D Then went back and payed off Saks.

Then there was the quickest way that rms described. I did it that way my second time through.

if u bet right on both figths, u get 2800$ (u need to go to the other level and back again after the first one) then at the end ull have loads of money left even after uve paid his debt.

Don
24th Nov 2003, 21:41
There are so many way to deal with the guards. One I like best is to take the biotox gas canister on the pad and throw it in the corridor then damage it so it leaks gas. From then it's easy to take them out.

StuffGuy
24th Nov 2003, 21:47
Ive done it a couple ways. Right now Im trying to kill EVERYONE with just 1 barrel. I keep running into problems. Like throwing the barrel out the window. That significantly increases the reload time.

StuffGuy
24th Nov 2003, 22:42
Barrel-Fu is being defeated by the high technology of GUN TURRETS.

9of9
24th Nov 2003, 22:43
I liked the spy drone - you stand by the repair bot (effectively getting unlimited energy) and pilot the drone back out into the courtyard, through the door in the fence, onto the helipad and inside through either the door or the window (any other way results in loss of drone due to high altitudes - they could stand to increase the maximum height a tiny bit) and then KO-ing everyone with its EMP attack :)

Psychotext
24th Nov 2003, 23:16
Used the rocket launcher from the start position to blow up the first guard. Jumped on the dumpster, took out the window with the sniper rifle, flew a rocket through it to take out the main woman and the guard. Used the mag rail on the turret and sniped the poison barrel to take the remaining guards out.

Met the pilot, level over.

Meteor_of_War
24th Nov 2003, 23:35
There's a rocket launcher in the demo?

Psychotext
24th Nov 2003, 23:50
Hehe... technically no. Go and browse the "Mod Your DX2 Demo" thread over at the Ion forum. Beware, involves a knowledge of altering ini files.

http://www.ionstorm.com/forum/viewthread.asp?page=1&pagesize=20&forum=AMB_AP619612110&id=34880

AlteredGlyph
25th Nov 2003, 00:02
Stupid cheaters. I modded my .ini files, but only to increase performance, not too give myself extra weaponjs. Back on topic, I took out the guards one by one, slowly watching them get freaked out. When I finally met Ms. Sak, she threw her gun in the air and surrendered., then I KO'ed her with the prod.

Psychotext
25th Nov 2003, 00:22
Originally posted by AlteredGlyph
Stupid cheaters. I modded my .ini files, but only to increase performance, not too give myself extra weaponjs.Give me a break, it was us same bunch of stupid cheaters that came up with most of the performance / quality / key mapping hacks to start with. Spoken to a number of people that have actually said the demo is worth playing now the interface is modified, graphics quality improved etc.

Finding the weapons and the items has just been a fun challenge (Cheat at the demo! pah, like it was any challenge to start with.)

Jock
25th Nov 2003, 00:27
My method:

Shock the gate gaurd, into dumpster he went. Took from ATM. Used box to hop over fence. Used turret to take out 2 gaurds. Went through the rest of the rooms. Blocked Saks door with crates. Shoot her window out. Put gas berrel on window sill. Shot it with a shotgun. Went in after they passed out. Shot them.