PDA

View Full Version : Perfect kill?

StriX
24th Nov 2003, 17:41
I think the game is good. I dont know why they have removed features like reload, skills, ammo and lean but i dont think it destroys the game. The hud is actually cool when u get used to it. Just set the opacity to 0.

One thing im worried about though is the damage. My playstyle is all about the perfect kill. A kill where the enemy never sees me or die/KOs the second i reveal myselves. I never take damage. Thats a bit hard now.

And about the sneaking... Sneak = Move silent aug and hide in the shadows = Cloak aug? Thats another heavy blow to my playstyle because the skill from both of them is gone. Not so fun. I really liked the Splinter Cell implementation of those.

Of course i can survive without the normal sneak and hide but the damage should be changed in my opinion.

The rest of the game seems very cool. There is one thing about the graphics... The cameras are really cheesy. The green light coming out of them, whats that for? So we know exactly where the cam is looking and can see it around corners?

To bad they removed the interfacing with ATMs and other stuff. Now you cant even guess the logins. Makes the game seem more shallow.

Well... Thats just a few thought ive had so far.

StriX

Bonk
24th Nov 2003, 17:47
I'm playing AO and they just added a new hud. Some people love it and some people hate it but Funcom has the option to go back to the old UI and this pleases most of the complainers

It would be nice if Ionstorm gave us a choice of interfaces with the old interface being an option we could choose

The more customizable the game and interface teh better

And it would be nice if the PC version was more complex with skills and things being visible and changeable

:D

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
24th Nov 2003, 17:51
Originally posted by StriX
To bad they removed the interfacing with ATMs and other stuff. Now you cant even guess the logins. Makes the game seem more shallow.

well, it's because they make you begin with a level 3 neural interface biomod. since it is a passive biomod, it's always active when you try to hack.

you can disable it from the demo. for that, just follow the link Reddlegg gave at the top of the forum

9of9
24th Nov 2003, 17:59
All it does is that you can't hack anymore :) Just says that you need a Neural Interface mod or log-in to do that.

StriX
24th Nov 2003, 18:42
Yeah. I have removed the Neutral interface. Only thing it does is says I need login or hacking mod then. I guess the login would be auto inputed if I had it. Would be nicer if it opened a login screen as before. Wonder why it doesnt...? ;-)

I think thiss will be a very nice game but it wont beat DX1.

StriX

HKRaven
24th Nov 2003, 19:14
well considering that 2 clean hits to the head kills in Real mode(hardest) and that the weapons in the demo are basicly "level 0" i think the "perfect kill" problem will be solved in the full version. I'd have to agree with you on the sneak part though ;)

StriX
24th Nov 2003, 21:18
HKRaven: How do u change the difficulty in the demo? Can u do that?

Thx

StriX

OrioTecc
24th Nov 2003, 22:43
geez, u can do that when u press new game...

StriX
24th Nov 2003, 22:45
Strange... I cant do it... Cant move the marker. Thought it was meant to be like that.

9of9
24th Nov 2003, 22:47
Well, about sneaking, it seems that even though there is no lightmeter (although I'm sure I've read a preview which said there was one), sneaking does take darkness into account - if you stay in the shadows and don't make much noise, the guards will ignore you, allowing you to move about and hide unseen.

AlteredGlyph
25th Nov 2003, 00:04
Originally posted by StriX
Strange... I cant do it... Cant move the marker. Thought it was meant to be like that.
Use the arrowkeys to select that area, and then change it. I have to do it, so I know it works.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
25th Nov 2003, 09:15
Originally posted by 9of9
Well, about sneaking, it seems that even though there is no lightmeter (although I'm sure I've read a preview which said there was one), sneaking does take darkness into account - if you stay in the shadows and don't make much noise, the guards will ignore you, allowing you to move about and hide unseen.

about the lightmeter, there was one in early versions, but tehy decided to remove it to add realism (like in DX1 : you don't need the lightmeter to tell you if you are hidden)

Woggy
25th Nov 2003, 09:25
In the demo, the enemy seems to hear me even when im crouching. Weird :confused:

Viking2
25th Nov 2003, 10:32
Try crouching behind an armed, trained guard tomorrow. See if he hears you.

Dr Strangelove
25th Nov 2003, 17:30
Alex D has training in stealth, though...