PDA

View Full Version : Omg I Cant Beleive They Did That!

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 11:50
From the Battlestar Gallactica forums for the release of teh new TV show:
Quote:
I just got done reading the Aint it Cool News Review about Galactica 2003 as well as the DeSanto Revival Article. Wow! I really believe that in less than 2 months from now there is going to be an event taking place at Universal and it's going to be called "The Battlestar Fiasco Massacre". It's where a bunch of knuckle-headed executives lose there jobs for green-lighting this bone-headed mess that will kill or seriously hurt the money making BSG franchise....

Taken from a matrix forum thread

Quote:

I am at a loss for words as to why they did this to my beloved movie...

Taken from a Starwars thread off starwars forums.

Quote:

Taken from a max payne forum

Quote:
Personally, I don't give a stuff about the story. If they've got the same (or similar) team working on it then that aspect of the game's almost certain to be a washout. I'm more interested in whether the gameplay (and especially AI) will be improved: fewer blatantly triggered enemies would be a good start, and the ability to use stealth wouldn't go amiss. Oh, and less tedious trail and error based gameplay would just be icing on the cake!

See anywhere you go its the same thing over and over again, people bichin about not getting there way.

i found these by using google, just type in

OMG! ________sucks so bad

and put in any movie name or game name and you'll get tons.

zakrocz
24th Nov 2003, 12:00
tis true.

Mind you must agree with the Matrix thread, lol.

I ended up using my FF shuttle through all the lame bits. Trying to create a convincing onscreen relationship with Reeve's wooden acting is a bit hard to take you know.

mvrander
24th Nov 2003, 14:08
Bare in mind the vocal minority as well. Thousands of people whp have played the dxiw demo will like it and buy the full release and never say a word on a forum. Those with a problem are far more likely to post.

People fear change yet whinge when things stay the same. In 6 months time I dare say lots of the people complaining about the interface or gameplay of dx:iw now will play dx again after spending a lot of time on dx:iw and will feel that the original is cumbersome and clunky and feel wrong. It's all down to what you are used to and having time to adapt and get used to a game.

Baloon
24th Nov 2003, 14:23
People fear change? HAHAHA, thats cause in DXII its been a change FOR THE WORSE!

mvrander
24th Nov 2003, 14:41
It has POSSIBLY been a change for the worse but without extended play it's surely not possibly to say that yet.

MonkeyLungs
24th Nov 2003, 21:43
Originally posted by Baloon
People fear change? HAHAHA, thats cause in DXII its been a change FOR THE WORSE!

oh because YOU say so???

do you like pie or cake ballerina boy?

NamelessOne
24th Nov 2003, 21:47
Originally posted by mvrander
It has POSSIBLY been a change for the worse but without extended play it's surely not possibly to say that yet.

And the only way to find out is to buy the game?

And if you don't like it then? Tough, you wasted your money.

I expect a demo to give a good indication of gameplay, features, and performance of the final product. Based on that, I haven't seen a lot worth paying for.

Revixter
24th Nov 2003, 21:51
The sheer volume of people complaining is what sets this apart. If you read the posts about 2/3rds are pissed at the quality. I also agree that the matrix sequels sucked ass.

p-i
24th Nov 2003, 22:22
battlestar: dont' know, was never a fan.
matrix: valid.
starwars: valid.
max payne: dont' know, haven't played the sequel.

you know why people complain so vehemently about the matrix sequels and the sw prequels? because the original movie(s) were unique and universally acclaimed, the same as Deus Ex was. it's the law of diminishing returns. there have been many notable exceptions (godfather, aliens, lotr, etc.) but, in general, it holds true.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
25th Nov 2003, 09:01
well LOTR 2nd and 3rd episodes are not sequels. it's the same story, and it has been filmed at the same time as the 1rst episode, so it doesn't count

Viking2
25th Nov 2003, 10:28
How did this go to LOTR? This thread is pointless. Someone please lock it. We've got enough polluting in the forum as it is. We don't need more.

zakrocz
25th Nov 2003, 11:23
Originally posted by Viking2
How did this go to LOTR? This thread is pointless. Someone please lock it. We've got enough polluting in the forum as it is. We don't need more.

Jobsworth

Merovingi
25th Nov 2003, 13:05
*shrugs*
I liked Revolutions.. sorry, I did. I loved the entire series but that's probably because I'm a philosophy maniac, heh.