PDA

View Full Version : Drivers and Saving Options...

SeanRam_Z
24th Nov 2003, 08:07
As for the NVidia driver issue, unless you're running WinXP or 2000, the 52.xx series drivers won't do you any good. The most current drivers for all the remaining bastardizations of Windows, (95, 98.xx, and ME) are 45.23.

Now, about the 'save options' problem. Several people said to make sure that the user.ini - located in the D2X root directory - doesn't have the read-only attribute; Well, that was the first thing I checked and I still can't save my settings. This isn't just a "lose-your-settings-at-the-end-of-the-session" problem either.

First thing I have to do when I start the game - reset everything. Then, when I'm done with that, I select "New Game" But when it loads up - all my key settings are hosed. Back to the defaults! So, back to the options, set up everything again, only now I can use the back button, once I've exited out of the options stuff, to resume my game. Everything is fine - for a minute..

Except, as soon as I change areas - like to the bar, for example - everything's back to default again!!

I'm sure that this will be addressed for the final release, but come on, there must be some line, somewhere, that's not letting this stuff be saved. Has anyone figured this out yet?

And, don't even get me started on the HUD!

Thanks,

Sean.

Meteor_of_War
24th Nov 2003, 14:48
Originally posted by SeanRam_Z
Now, about the 'save options' problem. Several people said to make sure that the user.ini - located in the D2X root directory - doesn't have the read-only attribute; Well, that was the first thing I checked and I still can't save my settings. This isn't just a "lose-your-settings-at-the-end-of-the-session" problem either.

Actually, it's the user.ini in the Deus Ex folder that's in the Documents and Settings folder. I understand how you may have gotten confused since there's two of them, one there, and one in the demo's root directory.

And about the hud, i just lowered the opacity all the way and it's tolerable to me now.