PDA

View Full Version : I know correlation is not causation but...

IconoclastDX
24th Nov 2003, 06:58
I tried to make this poll as fair as possible. It will be interesting to see if our previous gaming experience is influenceing our current opinion.

My opinion is:

If your very upbeat about the demo and future game:
...then chances are you either played the original DX on the PS2 or plan to play DX:IW on the xbox.

If your particularly discouraged by the demo and future game:
...then chances are you played DX1 on the PC or plan to play DX:IW on the PC.

Im not so sure on that second hypo but i included it for completeness. Please dont let my opinion influence your vote in the possitive or negative.

MaxxQ
24th Nov 2003, 07:10
I voted that I played the original on PC and think the new one will be good (will be buying for the PC). So, in my case, I guess that shoots your theory down, which, incidentally, I read *after* I voted.

Viking2
24th Nov 2003, 10:53
You won't get any PS2 gamers man. There really weren't that many of them. The game had been out on PC for years when it came out for PS2. Plus, we're all on a PC right now.

AINTD
24th Nov 2003, 10:57
You lack two more options, those which would connect PC and X-Box. I played DX on PC and am buying it for X-Box and I think it will be more good than bad.

dirigimaster
24th Nov 2003, 17:02
Originally posted by IconoclastDX

If your very upbeat about the demo and future game:
...then chances are you either played the original DX on the PS2 or plan to play DX:IW on the xbox.

If your particularly discouraged by the demo and future game:
...then chances are you played DX1 on the PC or plan to play DX:IW on the PC.

EHHHHHHHHHHHH WRong

nimbus
24th Nov 2003, 18:41
aye, also an PC DX1/ Xbox DX2 person.

I was initially very discouraged by the first reports on the demo, and considered not getting it (mind you, I'm actually buying the Xbox just for this game), but now I feel like it will be at the worst an enjoyable game, and at best capture some of the same magic as the last one.

Don
24th Nov 2003, 19:16
I guess this was the kind of layout for the HUD that the traditionalists would have preferred. Personally I love the new one.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/pc/deusex/d_screen001.jpg

OrioTecc
24th Nov 2003, 20:33
Originally posted by MaxxQ
I voted that I played the original on PC and think the new one will be good (will be buying for the PC). So, in my case, I guess that shoots your theory down, which, incidentally, I read *after* I voted.

ah...my thoughts exactly..

endresults
24th Nov 2003, 22:39
I'm the only one who played Deus Ex on PS2...Man...

F3nyx
24th Nov 2003, 23:09
Whoa, I'd forgotten how much less obtrusive the old HUD was.

Yeah, the new one is cool, but I think I'd choose the old one over it. And look, it's got body locations on the health diagram...

Holy crap, look how much better the texturing is there. And I think that the female's head has quite a few more polygons on it than the current models...

Koif
24th Nov 2003, 23:47
Its amazing how good hat screenshot looks actually, genuinely seems to be visuals from a completely different game than the demo we've played.

endresults
25th Nov 2003, 03:03
Glad I have an Xbox :)

Mehrunes
25th Nov 2003, 03:41
Originally posted by Koif
Its amazing how good hat screenshot looks actually, genuinely seems to be visuals from a completely different game than the demo we've played.

Well, it is a completely different area.

scottws
25th Nov 2003, 04:42
Originally posted by F3nyx
Holy crap, look how much better the texturing is there.
Mind you I haven't played the demo, but from what I've read on various forums DX2 isn't sizing up right to the first one. In any case I do feel the need to defend the DX2 demo in this specific case.

As what is being played right now is a downloadable demo, it is possible (and likely) that high resolution textures were excluded to reduce the demo's filesize.

AlteredGlyph
25th Nov 2003, 05:17
Considering that the default in the .ini files is low detail, and high detail doesn't make a difference, I'd say you're right, scottws.

MaxxQ
25th Nov 2003, 05:51
I was reading a thread regarding the DX:IW demo over at the Gone Gold forums, and someone posted this little bit of info:

Quote from someone over on QT3 who has a build of the PC version:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second, having played through well over half the final game, all I can say is that the demo doesn't do it justice. The game is addictive, polished, exciting, well written and engrossing. The interface works well enough and after a while does not get in the way. The crap with the .ini files is pretty inexcusable but is certainly fixable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The .ini bit is in response to the demo. It is unknown right now what the defaults will be in the final version.

Does anyone know what and where QT3 is? I'd like to read more about that little snippet.

Edit: BTW, the entire Gone Gold thread can be read here:

http://www.gonegold.com/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=002473;p=5

although the link points to page 5 of the thread.

BladeTurbo
25th Nov 2003, 22:03
Originally posted by F3nyx
Whoa, I'd forgotten how much less obtrusive the old HUD was.

Yeah, the new one is cool, but I think I'd choose the old one over it. And look, it's got body locations on the health diagram...

Holy crap, look how much better the texturing is there. And I think that the female's head has quite a few more polygons on it than the current models...

i agree, i like the old HUD better too.

Devin the Dude
26th Nov 2003, 07:28
Cant vote here, probably going PC to Xbox

CodyLamp
26th Nov 2003, 08:12
Originally posted by Devin the Dude
Cant vote here, probably going PC to Xbox
I played DX1 on pc and Im getting this one on Xbox too. So I cant vote.

vladthedog
27th Nov 2003, 05:01
The only knowledge you'll really gain from your poll is whether or not xbox/ps2 players visit these polls..... so far, it looks like the people who visit these forums are pc users.......