PDA

View Full Version : What engine does it use?

MDent
24th Nov 2003, 03:10
I always had the impression that they were using the same engine that was used in unreal 2, which made for an incredible looking game, this cant be the same engine can it? if it is then what on earth happened? one of the guys looks like he needs a file taken to his shoulders btw.

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 03:20
Originally posted by MDent
I always had the impression that they were using the same engine that was used in unreal 2, which made for an incredible looking game, this cant be the same engine can it? if it is then what on earth happened? one of the guys looks like he needs a file taken to his shoulders btw.

i thought they made there own engine?

Danik
24th Nov 2003, 03:20
It uses the Unreal Warfare engine. I believe it is the same engine used to make Unreal 2, but I'm not sure on that. The engine was heavily modded so it will of course differ from that of Unreal 2. I believe most are rather angry at the poor performance of the game.

comreak
24th Nov 2003, 03:22
Originally posted by MDent

I think they used a modified version of the Unreal Warfare engine (UT2003, Unreal 2, America's Army, Splinter Cell, etc.). How the player models, textures, and world geometry look has nothing to do with the engine used, it just gives them the capability to do more. I have to admit though, it looks like they used the pixel shaders/fancy lighting to cover up some low-poly geometry. Who knows, they probably had to remove some stuff from the demo to get it down to a decent size. Heh, as long as you keep Bloom checked and keep multisampling at 3 or 4, it looks great, even at 640x480.

Klown
24th Nov 2003, 04:44
its based on the unreal warfare engine. its been modified, but at its core its still unreal warfare

FuriousNoob >:-(
24th Nov 2003, 05:02
It uses modified Unreal techonology. The bad gameplay, however, was developed 100% internally.

Klown
24th Nov 2003, 05:03
i dont know about that furious.. it could have been inherited from unreal 2... :D

FuriousNoob >:-(
24th Nov 2003, 05:13
Originally posted by Klown
i dont know about that furious.. it could have been inherited from unreal 2... :D

LOL - definitly true :D

ThorsHamburger
24th Nov 2003, 06:30
If they had just taken the UT2003 engine, added the current DX:IW lighting and shadows and left it at that and made the game from there this game would rock, look and feel great to play and run smooth.