PDA

View Full Version : In Conclusion!!

Hybrid_Xeno
24th Nov 2003, 02:11
After using numerous amounts of tweaking my user.ini. folder,
the game finally ran at an exceptable rate.

Now setting the graphical headaches aside I was able to determine whether or not this is an actual good purchase upon release.

Im sorry to say that because of the pace and half baked AI I wouldnt purchase this title....

For instance if I use the thermal view some of the AI stacks up and look ridiculous....set aside from the fact when I encounter them they shoot back and If I were to hide then they go back to walking around without a care....

The amount of characters walking around waiting for me to talk to them is almost unnecessary.......I think debriefing me before I go in and limit the amount of pedestrians and relpaceing them with soldiers that can actually think, would be more rewarding....

Its simple, why make an enemey AI pace around the room 600 times when you couldve had them walk around the room leave the room walk the halls and sit down and then do it again? that would be a little more convincing to me. It wouldve also added to decisons on where to kill or sneak by them....

Bringing up the stealth aspect like others have said....sneaking around is a joke...Nuff said.

To sum it up although the game gives you several gadgets to make your way around...I fail to see the use of most of them...reason being thier "Set damage" dont carry variety....My pistols seems just as strong as my shotgun....so its a matter of which gun runs outta ammo first, which determines when I use it..

Running the game at 1600x1200 everything cranked, At9700pro doesnt improve the look....You people should really stop false advertising your Screen shots, seriously its almost illegal....take a look for yourself. look at screen shots from one of the websites....DX2 looks similar to Doom3.
Then actually play the game and it looks like quake 3....

As far as seeing any potential in the game...Yes there is, but this kind of potential shouldve been determined 3-4 months away from Title release, not 2 weeks.....

So XBOX owners I think youll be in for a treat and PC owners it looks like microsoft is working with these companies to make us buy an XBOX....LOL the only way Id buy an XBOX is if it came with a 56" TV!!

History in the making....

Every year gamers expect game companies to evole , but sadly we are all tied into the realm of "looks good on the video" And we buy it or try it and we are let down by reality of what the game isnt.

If game companies would actually stop hiring Ned the car salesman to sell thier game by exagerrating the quality, then we wouldnt be let down in the end.

There are several games coming out in the next few months and im excited about them...But after being let down by this demo, which shouldve been polished first. Makes me feel like a little kid waiting for santa claus...face it, he isnt coming.