PDA

View Full Version : We just have to accept it...

Driver
23rd Nov 2003, 23:49
I guess in the end we have to accept the fact that DX2 is different than DX1. There have been some controversial design changes made, I am not sure if it was for the good.

But in my opinion the one design change that makes DX2 totally unacceptable is the lack of location based damage and the inability to do head shots with the pistol. It just baffles the mind.

I hope PC gaming is not neglected as blatantly in the future. I hope developers realise that Gamers in general are more aware of the possibilities that a graphics engine is capable of. Personally, I am beginning to hate consoles.

I am looking to Half Life 2 now and hopefully the modders in the community. Peace.

ABRAXAAS
23rd Nov 2003, 23:58
Originally posted by Driver
I guess in the end we have to accept the fact that DX2 is different than DX1. There have been some controversial design changes made, I am not sure if it was for the good.

But in my opinion the one design change that makes DX2 totally unacceptable is the lack of location based damage and the inability to do head shots with the pistol. It just baffles the mind.

I hope PC gaming is not neglected as blatantly in the future. I hope developers realise that Gamers in general are more aware of the possibilities that a graphics engine is capable of. Personally, I am beginning to hate consoles.

I am looking to Half Life 2 now and hopefully the modders in the community. Peace.

Oh stop looking forward to half life 2 now cause its being made for teh xbox at the same time:eek: OMG NOT THE EVIL CONSOLE AGAIN .... get a life

SK Denton
23rd Nov 2003, 23:59

1. I will never accept this slap in the face after years of enthusiastic anticipation.

2. PC gaming won't be neglected if we DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND NOT BUY DEUS EX INVISIBLE WAR.

It boggles my mind how so many people don't like the game yet are so willing to shell out money for it. :confused:

NamelessOne
24th Nov 2003, 00:03
Originally posted by SK Denton
It boggles my mind how so many people don't like the game yet are so willing to shell out money for it. :confused:

Now you understand why the Dev's alter gameplay. You see, even if the fans of the first game hate it, they'll buy it on the strength of the original. And they'll get sales from people who hated the original but like the new style of play.

Double the sales! Even if it does severely piss off the fans.

If you don't like the game, don't buy it. Do it for the good of gamers who want quality sequels.

If you like it, go ahead, buy it. You're their target audience I guess.

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 00:08
You people truley are sad, if they made a direct copy of the original, with slightly improved graphics and new story, youd be like yay! i love the same old crap!, but everyone else would be like, this sucks, it feels antiquated like something made 4 YEARS AGO!

NamelessOne
24th Nov 2003, 00:10
Originally posted by ABRAXAAS
You people truley are sad, if they made a direct copy of the original, with slightly improved graphics and new story, youd be like yay! i love the same old crap!, but everyone else would be like, this sucks, it feels antiquated like something made 4 YEARS AGO!

Have you read my post, "A theory..."?

You're what I'd classify as a "Fanboy". :D

Big Ragu
24th Nov 2003, 00:13
It boggles my mind after reading post after post of yelling, name calling and foulness, that all of it is over a game. Of course you have the right to be mad over it, but yelling at someone becuase they say they are dissapointed over it is immature and not necassary.

I havn't played the demo yet, but after searching through all the slop that is getting slung around on these forums, I still don't know what to expect. But I'm not going to play it, notice it's differences to the original, and toss it away as if it was nothing. You have to see it as an entirely new game, which it is, and not base your oppinions on how it differs from Deus Ex.

simmer

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 00:14
Originally posted by NamelessOne
Have you read my post, "A theory..."?

You're what I'd classify as a "Fanboy". :D

and your what id classify as a "Bloody moron"

even if i am a fan boy, i still win over all you idiots who want to bash the game, cause in the end i will be playing and enjoying the game, and you'll still be *****in on forums about hum much it sucks.

positive actions and feelings will always triumph over the negative.

NamelessOne
24th Nov 2003, 00:18
and your what id classify as a "Bloody moron"

even if i am a fan boy, i still win over all you idiots who want to bash the game, cause in the end i will be playing and enjoying the game, and you'll still be *****in on forums about hum much it sucks.

positive actions and feelings will always triumph over the negative.

I don't know, we seem to be discussing things rationally while you seem to be popping a lung over there. Stress is bad for your health, you know? You should calm down :p

And while you're playing DXIW, I'll have either saved $50 or spent it on a better game. Everyone wins :)

Elder
24th Nov 2003, 00:28

Again ....As the develpoers have confirmed...Body location damage is in the game and will be more sensitive in the final game.
:)

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 00:28
I don't know, we seem to be discussing things rationally while you seem to be popping a lung over there. Stress is bad for your health, you know? You should calm down :p

And while you're playing DXIW, I'll have either saved $50 or spent it on a better game. Everyone wins :)

i couldnt be more calm, im having fun posting here, in no way even close to "poping a lung".

and $50 isnt much money, i spend probably $300 to $500 a month on games maybee more on good months, so its really not a big deal.

NamelessOne
24th Nov 2003, 00:31
i couldnt be more calm, im having fun posting here, in no way even close to "poping a lung".

and $50 isnt much money, i spend probably $300 to $500 a month on games maybee more on good months, so its really not a big deal.

Maybe its not a lot, but $50 is still better than $0 :)

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 00:36
Maybe its not a lot, but $50 is still better than $0 :)

no having $0 + deusex IW is better than having $50;)

NamelessOne
24th Nov 2003, 00:42
no having $0 + deusex IW is better than having $50;)

$50 + DX > $0 + DXIW.

;)

The Grim Reaper
24th Nov 2003, 01:11

what's is truly sad is that people are willing to accept and defend sequels that are vastly inferior to their predecessors for no apparent reason.
I don't mind change, what I do mind is simplification,dumbification and retardation of great PC games all the way down to the average console game level.

Driver
24th Nov 2003, 02:14
I said I am beginning to hate consoles, not the people who have consoles. Some type of games are suited for the console. FPS are better played on a PC. DX is a FPS-RPG.

Porting games from consoles to PC's is just a quick way of making money and vice versa. I dont want console game ports on the PC. I am sure console gamers dont want PC game ports either. I think gamers in the end loose. Peace.