PDA

View Full Version : Drive Space Error Message Even Though Plenty of Space

wisew
23rd Nov 2003, 22:46
Everytime I try to play the demo on either on of my two systems I get not enough drive space. On machine has 37GB free and the other has 17GB free. This is very frustrating. How can I play the demo?

System Stats
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
System Model: A7N8X
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 406MB used, 2057MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
Drive: C: Free Space: 23.0 GB Total Space: 76.3 GB
Drive: D: Free Space: 36.5 GB Total Space: 57.3 GB

Tassadar5000
24th Nov 2003, 05:46
Try running scandisk.
Sometimes files begin misreporting their actual sizes...I once had 4GB left on my main drive but I kept getting "Out of Space" errors. Ran scandisk...Turns out I only had 15 megabytes.

Gorhokie
26th Nov 2003, 13:45
I had the same error message each time I tried to start a new game. My issue was that I had previously re-routed the "My Documents" folder on my computer to another computer on my home network. When the game installed it put some of the files in this folder on the other computer, causing the error when I tried to start a new game. I uninstalled the demo, set the "My Documents" folder back to the default target location, re-installed the demo, and it works now. Hope this helps!

wisew
26th Nov 2003, 14:50
This would descrbe the exact problem I am having because I run a Domain in my house where each users documents folder is stored on the server. I guess my question becomes which patch will fix this so I can actually play the game???????

Originally posted by Gorhokie
I had the same error message each time I tried to start a new game. My issue was that I had previously re-routed the "My Documents" folder on my computer to another computer on my home network. When the game installed it put some of the files in this folder on the other computer, causing the error when I tried to start a new game. I uninstalled the demo, set the "My Documents" folder back to the default target location, re-installed the demo, and it works now. Hope this helps!