PDA

View Full Version : Demo is dissapointing!

Funky Purple Berry
23rd Nov 2003, 19:11
What really bothered me about the demo is that you can't reload your gun, there isn't even a hotkey for it. And on top of that, why do the shotgun and the pistol use the exact same ammo? How does that work? I mean the guns just use generic ammo. These will definitely have to be fixed and changed before I buy the game.

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2003, 19:18
Originally posted by Funky Purple Berry
What really bothered me about the demo is that you can't reload your gun, there isn't even a hotkey for it. And on top of that, why do the shotgun and the pistol use the exact same ammo? How does that work? I mean the guns just use generic ammo. These will definitely have to be fixed and changed before I buy the game.

Why do people keep thinking this is a BUG.. its NOT.. its a feature for the game.. In the future there has been a radical change in how ammunition is used. Its all nano based, therefore all standard ammo uses it.. its not the pistol fires `bullets` its firing this nano stuff..

Accept it, it aint gonna be changed :)

Don
23rd Nov 2003, 19:25
How do these things make ANY DIFFERENCE TO GAMEPLAY!?
Seriously, I wasn't so sure about the game when I first started playing it since it was so different form DX1. But if you give it a chance you'll find it's a superb game.

F3nyx
23rd Nov 2003, 19:35
My beef with the unified ammo, after playing the demo, is that it eliminates the idea of a "backup weapon." And I am continually pissed off to find, after using my flamethrower, that my pistol ammo is also gone. Yeah, yeah, it's my fault and all for not watching the b0rked ammo guage, but it's still annoying.

Agent D
23rd Nov 2003, 22:16
What I want to know, is why they switched to this expensive and fancy nano ammo so quickly, if in fact it takes at least 4 times as many shots to kill someone as traditional bullets. :rolleyes:

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2003, 22:29
Originally posted by Agent D
What I want to know, is why they switched to this expensive and fancy nano ammo so quickly, if in fact it takes at least 4 times as many shots to kill someone as traditional bullets. :rolleyes:

Thats a simple setting in the configuration for difficulty settings.. :)

Pooeypants
23rd Nov 2003, 22:34
So if I put settings on realistic it means I can shot someone pointblank in the face and they will die? :D

Zeus
23rd Nov 2003, 22:47
Originally posted by jaycw2309
Why do people keep thinking this is a BUG.. its NOT.. its a feature for the game.. In the future there has been a radical change in how ammunition is used. Its all nano based, therefore all standard ammo uses it.. its not the pistol fires `bullets` its firing this nano stuff..

Accept it, it aint gonna be changed :)

Exactly my thoughts. Very good point.

Guys....this is about what 400 years after deus ex 1? They use energy in their guns instead of bullets.

The pistol, the stun baton and the tranq. gun are all firing nano energy!

If a pistol uses energy ammo, why do you need to reload. I mean, with bullets you have to reload because there's only a certain amount of bullets per clip. With energy, it's all infinite.

Even if this energy thing is not true, it will still help most of you sleep better at night :) Face it guys, theres a fat chance a reload animation and different bullets will be implemented before it comes out, but possibly in a later patch.

Agent D
23rd Nov 2003, 22:49
Originally posted by Pooeypants
So if I put settings on realistic it means I can shot someone pointblank in the face and they will die? :D

Nope. Still two or 3. :rolleyes:

And altering the settings doesn't change the damage ratios of the body. If I crank the damage up to 3 for example, you can kill someone almost as easily by shooting them in the foot.

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 00:05
Originally posted by Agent D

people just dont see how much creativity went into this game.

first: theres been a colapse of the economy

second: hard mined minerals and ore become more expensive and harder to get.

thrid: nano technology is abundant, cheap and extremely vercitile.

fourth: Any government or military in the world would take a unified ammo system as upposed to several different ammo types, as we speak several major companys already have concepts for using nano technology one of those being a nano ammo.

so this borders on visionary as upposed to retarded as some of you believe.

NamelessOne
24th Nov 2003, 00:13
Originally posted by ABRAXAAS

fourth: Any government or military in the world would take a unified ammo system as upposed to several different ammo types, as we speak several major companys already have concepts for using nano technology one of those being a nano ammo.

When the economy is down, usually technology doesn't skyrocket.

And while I can believe the concept of Nano ammo, I can't believe that ALL previous weapons AND ammo have simply dissapeared in 20 years.

F3nyx
24th Nov 2003, 00:16
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umm...

Nano-assembly would make better bullets, not inferior ones, even if world materials supplies were low. In all likelihood, they'd be caseless, etc., and much more efficient than today's bullets.

You neglected to answer the question of why these bullets do not, in fact, kill a target when impacting said target's cranium from launch distances of less than one-quarter of a meter. One would probably get better results with bullets carved from pebbles.

Hell, you'd do better with a bow and arrow. I don't mean to offend, but that pistol is the sorriest piece of sub-lethal hardware I've seen in my gaming days.

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 00:21
Originally posted by NamelessOne
When the economy is down, usually technology doesn't skyrocket.

And while I can believe the concept of Nano ammo, I can't believe that ALL previous weapons AND ammo have simply dissapeared in 20 years.

even in a bad economy there will always be technologys that flourish, and i suppose there is a chance that theres still the odd old school style guns out there, but if ammo is so scarce and id imagine extremely expensive, who would use it? not thugs, maybee really rich people who use if for target practice once a year, because its a valuable collectible.

Anyways with a positive additude and a creative imaginatin even dog crap can be entertaining, theyve made a verey unique game and if you people cant see it, then you only have yourselfs to blame.

F3nyx
24th Nov 2003, 00:23
Anyways with a positive additude and a creative imaginatin even dog crap can be entertainingAnd this is why I should enjoy the game? Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

Maybe it works for you :confused:

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 00:24
Originally posted by F3nyx
quote:

Umm...

Nano-assembly would make better bullets, not inferior ones, even if world materials supplies were low. In all likelihood, they'd be caseless, etc., and much more efficient than today's bullets.

You neglected to answer the question of why these bullets do not, in fact, kill a target when impacting said target's cranium from launch distances of less than one-quarter of a meter. One would probably get better results with bullets carved from pebbles.

Hell, you'd do better with a bow and arrow. I don't mean to offend, but that pistol is the sorriest piece of sub-lethal hardware I've seen in my gaming days.

im not necasarily justafying the weakness of teh ammo, but one thing i did notice is that its nice that i can accidently shoot someone and not have them attack me, right away, that really helps protect you against screwin yourself, and you can always thing of teh bullets as energy based ammo, like plasma bullets, energy weapons have so much variation to damage.

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 00:26
Originally posted by F3nyx
And this is why I should enjoy the game? Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

Maybe it works for you :confused:

im not being sarcastic im making apoint, you people are complaing about the smallest things, and not even considering teh game as a whole. luckily i really do enjoy this game so far and have no need to find ways to have fun with crap;)

NamelessOne
24th Nov 2003, 00:26
even in a bad economy there will always be technologys that flourish, and i suppose there is a chance that theres still the odd old school style guns out there, but if ammo is so scarce and id imagine extremely expensive, who would use it? not thugs, maybee really rich people who use if for target practice once a year, because its a valuable collectible.

Anyways with a positive additude and a creative imaginatin even dog crap can be entertaining, theyve made a verey unique game and if you people cant see it, then you only have yourselfs to blame.

I once made a game where a block moves around inside a bigger block and can't get out. You use 4 arrow keys (Its a very streamlined interface, I'm quite proud of it) OR click on the arrow key buttons on the screen (I provide choices, for the thinking gamer).

Now... you are the box... OF DOOM! And you're inside a bigger box... OF MORE DOOM! Thats all you need to know, since you have a very creative mind and can think up a good story and have fun.

I'll sell you a copy for ONLY $40! And if you don't like it, you have only yourself to blame.

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 00:34
Originally posted by NamelessOne
I once made a game where a block moves around inside a bigger block and can't get out. You use 4 arrow keys (Its a very streamlined interface, I'm quite proud of it) OR click on the arrow key buttons on the screen (I provide choices, for the thinking gamer).

Now... you are the box... OF DOOM! And you're inside a bigger box... OF MORE DOOM! Thats all you need to know, since you have a very creative mind and can think up a good story and have fun.

I'll sell you a copy for ONLY $40! And if you don't like it, you have only yourself to blame.

Your point is lacking, look at games of the past like pong!, its 2 blocks and a circle, and it revolutionized the game world, and or started it. people LOVED! it and people still play it in various forms, with nicer colors and you can even buy it on the web for $20.

You know im right why keep fighting?

Sense
24th Nov 2003, 00:36
*becomes 10 year old dx fan*

ausum but is i have two ^grad 4 it, is the grafics shiny

NamelessOne
24th Nov 2003, 00:41
Your point is lacking, look at games of the past like pong!, its 2 blocks and a circle, and it revolutionized the game world, and or started it. people LOVED! it and people still play it in various forms, with nicer colors and you can even buy it on the web for $20.

You know im right why keep fighting?

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm trying to sell you my brilliant game, which you will obviously enjoy due to its many fine points and your rather active imagination.

:confused:

Funky Purple Berry
24th Nov 2003, 00:41
Now I'm quite sure that the game is going to be similar to the previous game via story and be full of conspiracies or what have you, but I do wish that they would have kept using bullets instead of nanos or at least have a mixture of the two. Since it's all nano, there's really no point in using a bunch of different weapons to accomplish your goal, you really only need one. And since the economy collapsed big time, how is there so much new technology being implemented after only 20 years? I just think that there would still be a hell of a lot of bullets being used. And when you shoot a guy in the face 3 or 4 times and he doens't become an enemy, what is up with that? I don't think that a person who just got shot would say "You shouldn't do that" or something else along those lines.

NamelessOne
24th Nov 2003, 00:46
and i suppose there is a chance that theres still the odd old school style guns out there, but if ammo is so scarce and id imagine extremely expensive, who would use it? not thugs, maybee really rich people who use if for target practice once a year, because its a valuable collectible.

But..if nanotechnology is so abundant and cheap.... couldn't it MAKE old style bullets?

Ah HA! Catch-22! (Well... not really.)

dx1fan
24th Nov 2003, 01:04

ROFL

Wolfmage
24th Nov 2003, 03:48
I posted this on the Ion forums but it is appropriate here too.

Gotta love how the nanite cartridges (yes they do come in physical clips) magically jump out of your pocket and instantaneously self load with whatever weapon.

Gotta appreciate how the new nano-gun technology looks like it is impersonating the older ballistic for no logical reason. (Come on they wouldn't look the same, they're bullet factories ffs). Hell why wouldn't it be one gun with different firing modes - at least that would make sense!

Why would slighty bigger sniper bullets cost so much more nanites than pistol bullets other than a trite excuse to make the system vaguely balanced.

Really plausible fiction behind it too! Apparently there was a military standards committee and a nano-gun assimilation team that had vast trans-governmental powers in a period of almost total global anarchy so that not a single trace of non-mako brand weapons exist anymore. All in a short period of twenty years of instability. Pfft! How old is an AK-47 again?

Give me a break! Anyone who is playing apologist for Ion Storm on this one is just making excuses for the developers trying to hoodwink PC users into accepting lame simplified controls for both code bases...

Klown
24th Nov 2003, 05:09
Originally posted by Zeus
Exactly my thoughts. Very good point.

Guys....this is about what 400 years after deus ex 1? They use energy in their guns instead of bullets.

accually its only been about 20 years. tracer tong, and chad are still alive. im sure a bunch of other people from the original are still alive.

Ziggy Dee
26th Nov 2003, 19:03
If you don't like it we don't give a ****. Don't bother playing the game and get a life for gods sake if you hate it so much. N00b!! :rolleyes: