PDA

View Full Version : try all the biomods!

MrRoboto1024
23rd Nov 2003, 17:31
read near the bottom.

[edit] forgot the link the first time! http://www.ionstorm.com/forum/viewthread.asp?page=5&pagesize=20&forum=AMB_AP619612110&id=34880

its so freakin fun to chunk a heavy barrel into someone and watch them fly back against hte fence and go limp :P

bot control is really nifty too. about to try more of them!

MrRoboto1024
23rd Nov 2003, 17:48
ion's forums are laggy so i'll post quote from shadowcode here:

Open your DemoTravel.log, you should find sections like these:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class=DX2Gamesys.D_1301 Name=D_1301__0
{
bTraveledBiomod=True
AugLevel=AugmentationLevel_3
Tag=D_1301
}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A) Well, replace the 1301 number with a number below, and you have that Biomod :-)
B) Leave bTraveledBioMod on True..
C) AugLevel=AugmentationLevel_<#level of biomod>

Biomod #2263 <-- Light biomod!
Biomod #2118 <-- Electrostatic Discharge
Biomod #2107 <-- Aggressive Defense Drone System
Biomod #2044 <-- Biotox Attack Drone
Biomod #2042 <-- Hazard Drone
Biomod #2041 <-- Spy Drone (w00t!)
Biomod #2040 <-- Vision Enhancement
Biomod #2008 <-- Regeneration
Biomod #1765 <-- Strength
Biomod #1615 <-- Bot Domination
Biomod #1582 <-- Neural Interface
Biomod #1315 <-- Health leech Drone
Biomod #1301 <-- Run Fast
Biomod #2527 <-- Move Silent
Biomod #2526 <-- Thermal Masking
Biomod #2525 <-- Cloak

-----

and just a note, for you that think certain things dont really belong in certain sockets, i'm sure the devs designed it for gameplay (makes more sense to choose from 3 dif drones in one socket than from a drone, running fast, and being invsible) rather than realism, if you can call it that since we're talking about something that doesnt even exhist.

GingerNinja
23rd Nov 2003, 18:15
well, I can kind of be stealthy now.

kind of.....

Its more fun than before now, thanks for that.

still, I want some of the key things bk we have asked for.

Mind you the text sizee is now fixed on mine. Along with the saveing controls one.

I think this could be worse......

nimbus
23rd Nov 2003, 21:41
So which ones do you like so far? And please tell me, which ones go in which slots that you have to choose between?

NamelessOne
23rd Nov 2003, 21:52
Originally posted by MrRoboto1024
ion's forums are laggy so i'll post quote from shadowcode here:

Open your DemoTravel.log, you should find sections like these:

Class=DX2Gamesys.D_1301 Name=D_1301__0
{
bTraveledBiomod=True
AugLevel=AugmentationLevel_3
Tag=D_1301
}

A) Well, replace the 1301 number with a number below, and you have that Biomod :-)
B) Leave bTraveledBioMod on True..
C) AugLevel=AugmentationLevel_<#level of biomod>

Biomod #2263 <-- Light biomod!
Biomod #2118 <-- Electrostatic Discharge
Biomod #2107 <-- Aggressive Defense Drone System
Biomod #2044 <-- Biotox Attack Drone
Biomod #2042 <-- Hazard Drone
Biomod #2041 <-- Spy Drone (w00t!)
Biomod #2040 <-- Vision Enhancement
Biomod #2008 <-- Regeneration
Biomod #1765 <-- Strength
Biomod #1615 <-- Bot Domination
Biomod #1582 <-- Neural Interface
Biomod #1315 <-- Health leech Drone
Biomod #1301 <-- Run Fast
Biomod #2527 <-- Move Silent
Biomod #2526 <-- Thermal Masking
Biomod #2525 <-- Cloak

-----

and just a note, for you that think certain things dont really belong in certain sockets, i'm sure the devs designed it for gameplay (makes more sense to choose from 3 dif drones in one socket than from a drone, running fast, and being invsible) rather than realism, if you can call it that since we're talking about something that doesnt even exhist.

You know, for all the talk about how the skill system was "folded into" the biomod system and all the old functionality was still there, I don't see any biomods relating to swimming, explosives, weapon skills, lockpicking or electronics. The only one I see is the neural interface which replaces hacking.

Hmm....

OrioTecc
23rd Nov 2003, 22:31
strength: melee combat
hazard drone: environmental training
and im pretty sure theres more..like the healing skill.

and weaponmods takes over for the weaponskills i guess

NamelessOne
23rd Nov 2003, 23:24
Originally posted by OrioTecc
strength: melee combat
hazard drone: environmental training

Those don't really count, since there were already augs in DX1 to those effect. There were skills in addition to those.

nimbus
24th Nov 2003, 01:14
Yes, you're right Nameless, but then again some of those skills were kind of redundant, mentioning the environmental resistance, swimming, medicine. But on the other hand, that was cool because you could always back yourself up with the skill set, for instance taking medicine if you didn't want to do regeneration, which meant that you actually had a lot of choice when it came to what augs you wanted to pick and still be well-rounded.

I honestly don't know whether I'll notice or feel constrained by it until I get to play it. I mean, the old game had 8 slots for 16 augs, and a couple were just utility like the power recirculator. In this one you have 5 slots for 15 augs, which, combined with the lack of skills, is going to make for a much more specialized and limited character. On the plus side, that means that going through the game more than once will be more interesting (I played through DX1 like ten times just to see the variations).

But that's why I really really, pretty please want to know what slots the augs go into, so I can start planning ahead of time. Thanks a bunch. :)

EDIT: nm, I found it on the Ion Storm thread, I hadn't checked before because their forums are SO slow. :mad:

Oh good God, I certainly will be feeling pretty constrained, considering that ALL my favorite mods are in the same damn category. ARRGH! I want regeneration and vision enhancement and spy drone! That was my favorite character in DX1! And then, I think, well okay, I can just use that new vampire drone in place of regen, right? Oh no I cant! It's in the legs, along with run silent/fast. Silent/fast was always the hardest decision for me to make in the old game, because they're both so incredibly useful, and now...throw a third one in there. I'm going to kill.

The only bright side is that they spaced out the drones so that there's one for each body part--now you can be drone-swarm-man (or woman).