PDA

View Full Version : Petition Not to Delay

Minnow11uk
23rd Nov 2003, 16:56
How the hell can you judge an RPG game based on a small demo? You can judge the FPS attributes of it I'm sure, but the role playing Deus Ex goodies as in DX1 and as improved in DX2 you need a veriety of experiences throughout the game to comment on.

They may have made a business decision that they will attempt to target both PC & console gamers at the same time with minor adjustments such as the absense of a mouse cursor during menus, controller vibrate option, etc so it is more capitable with a gamepad with the intial full game rather than a later version as was with DX1 and the PS2, but that's understandable. It's their marketing decision which will only affect the actual game experience for PC users miniminally, it's not as if they've decided against using the latest graphics technology or ruled out any of the original characters from DX1.

Point still stands, I understand that first impressions are going to reflect obvious changes which will most likely start with the merging of a console version as it has, but I don't think you've seen enough major changes to draw a conclusion. What you want them to do? Orient the game back to PC gamers only? Yeah right lol, that's quiet a selfish view in my opinion.

Minnow11uk
23rd Nov 2003, 16:58
Sign if you are against a petition to delay the game.

Elder
23rd Nov 2003, 17:13
I think everyone knows there not going to delay the game...It ships in what 10 days...I think a patch dealing with some of the common issues people as voicing should be where attention is be focused...Myself im really looking foward to having this title land on my door step dec. 3...I cant wait to reenter the world of DX!

Neutrino
23rd Nov 2003, 17:26
Originally posted by Elder
..Myself im really looking foward to having this title land on my door step dec. 3...I cant wait to reenter the world of DX!

Me too... I can barely wait to immerse myself and explore the world of DX.... All the irritations, fixes and bugs can be released in a patch....

TheGibberingFool
23rd Nov 2003, 18:57
Yeah, I want this game. There was a point where I thought I didn't, and I even signed the patition, but now I see that I can play it and wait for a patch. Go Patch! Hell, if they're not going to make that then they really don't give a damn about us and are thinking of their wallets, and that's a sad thing.

Hell, give me the SDK and I'll do it my goddamn self.

Anyway, I note the surprising shortage of feedback from the developers about this. Either I'm looking in the wrong places, or they're off hiding their women and children from outraged fans.

OK, you've persuaded me. I want this game. I don't care any more.

Breadman
23rd Nov 2003, 19:01
The more I play the more I love the more I can't live without.

Bring on the game. Then throw us a nice little patch.

Elder
23rd Nov 2003, 19:08
Originally posted by TheGibberingFool
Yeah, I want this game. There was a point where I thought I didn't, and I even signed the patition, but now I see that I can play it and wait for a patch. Go Patch! Hell, if they're not going to make that then they really don't give a damn about us and are thinking of their wallets, and that's a sad thing.

Hell, give me the SDK and I'll do it my goddamn self.

Anyway, I note the surprising shortage of feedback from the developers about this. Either I'm looking in the wrong places, or they're off hiding their women and children from outraged fans.

OK, you've persuaded me. I want this game. I don't care any more.
Actually youll fine a number of post from developer over on their fourms

TheGibberingFool
23rd Nov 2003, 19:29
Unfortunately, their forums are either so busy they've stopped, or they're just really crap. They're either really stupidly slow or they don't work at all. *Sigh*...

What's happening to you, Ion Storm? Waaa! :(

tas42
23rd Nov 2003, 19:45
What's happening to you, Ion Storm? Waaa! :(

I note the surprising shortage of feedback from the developers about this

most likely they are 10 days away from the release of one of the most anticipated titles of the year and are a tad bit busy. :D

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2003, 19:48
Originally posted by tas42
most likely they are 10 days away from the release of one of the most anticipated titles of the year and are a tad bit busy. :D

I am on here taking in information from everyone, replying where i can and helping those who need it

:)

HOTLEAD
23rd Nov 2003, 19:54
Originally posted by Minnow11uk
How the hell can you judge an RPG game based on a small demo? You can judge the FPS attributes of it I'm sure, but the role playing Deus Ex goodies as in DX1 and as improved in DX2 you need a veriety of experiences throughout the game to comment on.

Deus Ex was an action-RPG. IW is strickly an action title with hardly more rpg elements than Unreal 2. You are right about having to play through the entire game to be able to judge the game fully but the demo is a representation for the entire game and im quite dissapointed with it but im holding final judgement until i play all of it.

Baloon
23rd Nov 2003, 19:56
Youll give them money for the game and then wait for a patch? Man you guys are stupid. Besides the important issues cannot be fixed with a patch.

Elder
23rd Nov 2003, 20:09
Originally posted by Baloon
Youll give them money for the game and then wait for a patch? Man you guys are stupid. Besides the important issues cannot be fixed with a patch.
Im ready to reenter the world of DX dec 3.
:)

sorry if the demo was a let down for you

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2003, 20:16
Originally posted by HOTLEAD
Deus Ex was an action-RPG. IW is strickly an action title with hardly more rpg elements than Unreal 2. You are right about having to play through the entire game to be able to judge the game fully but the demo is a representation for the entire game and im quite dissapointed with it but im holding final judgement until i play all of it.

How can u say the game is an `action title with hardly more rpg elements than unreal2` until you play the full game.

The demo has so much cut out so as not to spoil the plot etc, its not possible to judge it as anything really.

Theres SO much you not being shown.. :)

Take this as a teaser demo - not a snapshot of the game as a whole.

Pequachino
23rd Nov 2003, 20:21
Originally posted by Baloon

none of these issues u bring up are important anyway...

they're just minor "problems" YOU don't like, and that YOU can't deal with... if ur afraid of change then maybe this isn't the game for u..

as soon as i got done with the demo, i was ready to come onto these forums with the post "OMG I just had an orgasm playing the DX demo!!" until i saw everyone bashing it for reasons that were a mystery to me...i was REALLY suprised at this reaction.

ThorsHamburger
23rd Nov 2003, 20:21
The problems I have with the game have nothing to do with the RPG, storyline elements. They have more to do with how the characters feels in the world, the AI,combat the etc. All things that can be judged immediately from the demo.
I hope this WAS an old build of the game and they have been tweaking. Becasue the more I play the game the more i realize that thats all it really needs to take it from bad and frustrating to excellent,...some serious fine tuning.