PDA

View Full Version : DEVS! Is this the Future of Computergames?

ZappasGHost
23rd Nov 2003, 15:15
Hi there ,

What is wrong with Gamedevelopers?
Could it be , that Devs are incapacitated by the sales department?

Have a look to the first Tomb Raider and to the last TR The Angel of Darkness.

Have a look to Unreal 1 and Unreal 2

Have a look to Ultima 7 and Ultima8/ 9 (Origin DID create Worlds ,
EA Creates easy Fastfood).

SIMPLIFY read the new concepts.?

What DO , the responsible persons for these new Game concepts, think about Gamers??
Do this guys think WE ARE COMPLETLY STUPID??
We do not have enough intelligence to load a weapon?

Why the hell MUST Musik , Games , Art , Politics , TV ...be
SIMPLE????
I am sooooooooooooo tired of it!!!!!!

We Gamers have a brain , and sometimes we use it gladly!!!

Sorry for my bad English , but unfortunately it is not my first Language.

ZappasGhost

hotd0g
23rd Nov 2003, 15:17
Well said!
:p

Sheepy_DeathStorm
23rd Nov 2003, 15:24
ditto. unfortunatley :mad: :mad: :mad:

Axis3000
23rd Nov 2003, 15:46
face it consoles come first, PC's are way down the list :mad:

Neutrino
23rd Nov 2003, 15:58
Ultima 7 The Black Gate was a fantastic game.. One of my favorites.

It had the crucial elements of all great games..
1. Great Storyline
2. Interesting locations to explore and characters to interact with
3. RPG stats and numbers to increase throughout the game
4. Great music and sound effects
5.. The graphics are dated by today's standards, but at the time they were good.

They just don't make games like that anymore..
http://www.hecares4u.com/smiley/sigh.gif

dx1fan
23rd Nov 2003, 17:01
Less complex+less features+multiple platform development=less development time and larger audience

all of that boils down to more money more money

Dark Of Thought
23rd Nov 2003, 17:40
ANYTHING will sell with the proper marketing and manipulation of the weak minded. With that in mind, it is more profitable to pump out whatever is easiest, and quickest, to produce. Why spend all that trouble to be original and deep when you know with the proper marketing you could sell a turd to a 12 year old?

Baroque
23rd Nov 2003, 17:46
Yeah right.

Though i have not seen the demo yet, i have to admit that the most important matter for me in computergames is the inventive creative multiple option reality storyline timeless tensed gripping learning-based character type. This chemistry makes the specific game a world of its own in which you truly are able to use your brains, to develop your own tactics and become a gaming personality challenging you to come back again...

For me, only few games reach this level like : Thief, Thief2 (most
excellent sequel!), System Shock 2 and Deus-ex.

Since a chemistry is not to be defined, a game will definitely fail on this if it leaves out too much the natural elements but fills in the proposed ones.

Best regards,

Baroque.

Frost Giant
23rd Nov 2003, 18:08
It's ironic how the PC's greatest strength has now become its greatest weakness. It is because PC's are so very versatile that the majority of developers tend to make games nowadays with consoles as top priority, then the PC would come after because all they need to do is adapt a few things and there! You have a watered down computer game. It is much harder to do it the other way around and because of that we PC gamers tend to get shafted with substandard PC games. However, what is substandard for the PC, is "AMAZING" for a console. In other words, while the consolers get better games, we are starting to get less and less quality.:mad: