PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP ME!!! DEMO DOESNT RUN! SOMETHING ABOUT PIXEL SHADER 1.1. and...

ThisCantBe
23rd Nov 2003, 12:01
I have Athlon XP2200+, 256mb of ram and ATI RADEON 7500 64MB VIDEO CARD. I have the lastet 3.9 catalyst drivers and directX 9.0.

When I try to run the dx2 demo a msg like this shows: ´´ENGINE REQUIRES GRAPHIC CARD (or something like that Im not sure) WITH PIXEL SHADER 1.1 OR GREATER CAPABILTIES`` :confused: Minimal req are 32mb video card and I read it should run fine on my pc.
And if try to use ctrl+alt+del to close this error window another opens some ´´victoryan`` and demo doesnt run. :confused:

WHAT THE HELL?!?! :mad: Im sad and angry, beacuse deus ex is the greatest game ever to me and this demos has some mistakes if this happens. Please HELP!!!

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2003, 12:13
Originally posted by ThisCantBe
I have Athlon XP2200+, 256mb of ram and ATI RADEON 7500 64MB VIDEO CARD. I have the lastet 3.9 catalyst drivers and directX 9.0.

When I try to run the dx2 demo a msg like this shows: ´´ENGINE REQUIRES GRAPHIC CARD (or something like that Im not sure) WITH PIXEL SHADER 1.1 OR GREATER CAPABILTIES`` :confused: Minimal req are 32mb video card and I read it should run fine on my pc.
And if try to use ctrl+alt+del to close this error window another opens some ´´victoryan`` and demo doesnt run. :confused:

WHAT THE HELL?!?! :mad: Im sad and angry, beacuse deus ex is the greatest game ever to me and this demos has some mistakes if this happens. Please HELP!!!

The spec is for a Pixel Shader 1.1 card, the Radeon 7500 doesn't support pixel shaders. The first Radeon that does is the 8500 (as is listed in the readme file)

comreak
23rd Nov 2003, 12:14
Check out the third post down in this thread for the official system requirements for DX:IW:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21352

ThisCantBe
23rd Nov 2003, 12:43
So does this mean I wont be able to play the original when it comes out? :eek: This just cant be. Does anyone know if the original is gonna have the same * Supported Chipsets – nVidia GeForce 3Ti/4Ti/Fx (MX series not supported). Radeon 8500/9XXX or higher. (Pixel/Vertex shader required) ?

Well then this sux. If the original isnt going to support anything else, then this is an outrage :mad:

Pooeypants
23rd Nov 2003, 12:48
In even the interviews a few months back it said you'd need at least a Gef 3 (not Gef 4 mx 'cause they got no pixel shaders, Gef 4 ti is ok) or Radeon 8500 equivalent card.
I mean ffs, the Gef3 is nearly 3 years old and you can bag yerself a Gef 4 ti4200 for about 50 pounds sterling...

ThisCantBe
23rd Nov 2003, 12:54
This still sux, casue it means I wont be able to play the game. The developers could make the game so that it would work even on cards that dont have pixel shader supported. I always had the feeling that software and hardware developers are connected, they make a game everyone wants and put hihg spec for it so we would go and buy a new card :rolleyes:

Anyways, it sux, it really does! :mad:

Pooeypants
23rd Nov 2003, 13:03
Pixel shading capable cards have been around for about three years...hardly high tech huh?

Sourcerer
23rd Nov 2003, 16:09
Originally posted by ThisCantBe
This still sux, casue it means I wont be able to play the game. The developers could make the game so that it would work even on cards that dont have pixel shader supported. I always had the feeling that software and hardware developers are connected, they make a game everyone wants and put hihg spec for it so we would go and buy a new card :rolleyes:

Anyways, it sux, it really does! :mad:

If every one thought this, we'd still be using Voodoo accellerator cards and playing games which look like doom 1

I want technology to advance, it can't happen soon enough for me.

Minnow11uk
23rd Nov 2003, 16:24
Of course the game developers are connected to the companies like nVidia. This is why I rekon the game doesn't support the Geforce MX series, because nVidia wants to sell their newer cards with recent technology like the "pixel shader" feature. As a previous poster said that apparently its hardly new technology, then maybe its recently progressed to a stage where its more sophisticated and therefore developers are using it more.

I'm sure that Eidos could have aimed the game at users with lower spec graphics hardware, but they probably done a deal with nVidia.

Also I feel it's for the best for the games industry as a whole, if there's new graphics technology available then at some stage we should be pushed into getting it so we can play the games "the way they should be played." as I'm sure the developers agree. I'm certain this has been common practice between developers and hardware manufactuers for years now. Why else apart from being able to play the next game would you upgrade your graphics card?

I wish I could remember the business term that describes this. When manufactures impose new rules/technology on other companies like the USB did. Although I could be wrong and this could be something slightly different.

The point is, that I've got a Geforce 4 MX and after waiting 17 hours downloading the demo and breaking down into pathetic tears when I got the "VIKTORIA" error (which seems to be the most intelligent answer the game can give saying that you've got an incompatible graphics card), I understand the reason for it so I'm fine now lol. I've just got to move with the industry, I see the demo as a warning that I've got to upgrade soon otherwise I won't be able to play the full game, which would have definetly happened if I didn't try the demo.

Dark Of Thought
23rd Nov 2003, 18:03
If you had read the requirements, it is right there in black and white. The demo, and full game, require a video card that supports direct x 8 features.

This is old news people. No reason anyone should be acting so shocked and "outraged". It's 3 year old technology and I am actually kind of surprised it took as long as it did for games to go from having optional pixel shading feartures to mandatory pixel shading to boot the game.

Technology needs to press on.