PDA

View Full Version : Id like to let the devs know that though we can be harsh, we still love you guys!

IconoclastDX
23rd Nov 2003, 09:08
Ok maybe a little touchy feely. The point is, most of us really do appreciate the HOURS and HOURS of hard work you pour into these games. Sure we are majorly whinny about some issue, but you almost have too to get people to listen. You guys have talent and are always trying to break new ground. Kudos in my book.

Will I buy the game? Ummm. Id sure like too!

ABRAXAAS
23rd Nov 2003, 09:14
Hey i made a asskissing thread first !:mad:

lol

Tassadar5000
23rd Nov 2003, 10:09
How about an option for being neutral? I don't think their the best nor do I think they rock, but I don't hate them either.

IconoclastDX
23rd Nov 2003, 10:12
lol. Your right ABRAXAAS. Looks as if you beat me to the punch by atleast 5 minutes.

BTW. do you ever log off from these forms?? You're like part of the HTML.

ABRAXAAS
23rd Nov 2003, 10:16
Originally posted by IconoclastDX
lol. Your right ABRAXAAS. Looks as if you beat me to the punch by atleast 5 minutes.

BTW. do you ever log off from these forms?? You're like part of the HTML.

lol just bored the last couple days and i like arguying, and theres just so much to be done here, even if im right or wrong :D

TheGibberingFool
23rd Nov 2003, 14:00
How does this forum keep getting bumped without anyone posting? :confused:

Five.Pointe.O
23rd Nov 2003, 14:02
Tantrums are really funny.... especially text tantrums... that's all I have to say.

Klown
23rd Nov 2003, 16:49
there are not enough options in that poll. to me is does not still rock, but i dont hate them. im just dissapointed with them.

F3nyx
23rd Nov 2003, 16:51
If we hate them too much, they won't fix the game for us :D

Luagsch
23rd Nov 2003, 17:13
i still think ion storm is one of the best dev-teams around and they shurely learned a lot of stuff with the deus ex 2 demo expirience;)

i don't blame ion storm and i'm not dissapointed with ion storm. i was dissapointed with the demo and let my frustrations out on the board, like i guess the most of us did.

that said i hope that, as is one of the best dev-teams they'll save the day... (wait that is powerpuff girls... anyway) :D

Danik
24th Nov 2003, 03:17
To be honest I'm kind of angry with them. There stance on some things appears to be nonegotiable, and the reasons are rather phony in my opinion. The stray bullet reason for allowing a few shots to an NPC is dumb. How about coding the game so that neutral NPC's return fire upon being hit and friendly NPC's allow for a few stray bullets. It seems this is totally out of the question at this point, but it should have been that way in the first place. I'm also angry at the fact that they did dumb this game down in hopes of drawing in a larger crowd. Most people on these boards seem to agree that there was much more dumbing down rather than streamlining.

comreak
24th Nov 2003, 03:32
Originally posted by Danik
How about coding the game so that neutral NPC's return fire upon being hit and friendly NPC's allow for a few stray bullets. It seems this is totally out of the question at this point, but it should have been that way in the first place.

Shouldn't even stretch that much. In the first game, if you shot someone once, they went hostile with you immediatly. I mean, if you shoot someone once, what are you going to say?

"I'm sorry I deliberatly shot you in the face, forgive me?"

"Sure, why not, it's no big deal."

Near the end of the demo, I actually could shoot Sak three times in the face, point-blank, before she shot back.

Danik
24th Nov 2003, 03:55
The locational damage is another issue as well. If you go up to Miss Sak and shoot in her in the face she should die. It shouldn't result in a short battle either as the developers say. It could result in the lock down of a building or call all bodyguards, thugs, what have you to that location to take down the assassin. Right now the amount of times you have to shoot someone to take them down is retarded. The only people that should take that many bullets are cyborgs, other heavily augmented agents like the Dentons or Walton Simons in Deus Ex 1, and robots.

Viking2
24th Nov 2003, 10:19
The game is pretty bad, as it stands. The developers have basically just been saying ***** you to the PC gamers, and are just looking forward to getting a new crowd of fans. That was really a final, silent stab at me. In one thread in the IS boards, "Krypt", a developer, said that he's sorry to disappoint some people, but the second game wouldn't be like the first. He also said something about how the forums only made up a small percentage of the fanbase. In other words, he just gave us all the finger in a polite way. I hated that. If you make a mistake, especially one this big, then at least try and make up for it, or say something appropriate to your loyal (well, previously loyal) fans, who were so enraptured by the first game that their expectations for the second are astounding. No, I don't "love you guys", as IconoclastDX seems to, and I myself feel pretty let down by them. They can all go to hell for all I care, since it seems that they don't really give a rat's narrow behind about us pc gamers, and our concerns about dumbing down.

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 10:25
your still assuming they made a mistake, wich they didnt, and im sure they dont think they did.

its true these forums and the others make up like 1 to 2 percent of the gaming public, not only that the ones here that pay attention to this stuff are Hardcore fans and can never be pleased no matter what they may have done, so he is right to give you the finger.

Viking2
24th Nov 2003, 10:47
Hardcore fans that can never be pleased? Hardly. That's just a few of us. The rest are just plain Deus Ex fans. We just want something to live up to the original. The demo simply doesn't. You may think it does, because you can live with its flaws, which are just plain obvious to both bashers and supporters. However, most peole can't. It was definetely a mistake. As for the forums being a small percentage of the fanbase: the forums are still a good sample of the fanbase. It is true that only "true" fans would actually go to a forum and discuss this game. However, that's not often the case. All you have to be is just a mild fan, and you can be part of forums. Besides, even if we were "hardcore", that's a hell of an attitude to give to the people who have supported you so rigorously. Krypt just flat out said that he didn't care. He didn't care what we thought. He, and the rest of the development team, are obviously looking toward a new fanbase. The kind that lies in the xbox, a console, so that they can make more money off of the larger audience and in their sequels, which will have a more "stable" fanbase. That's why they've changed so many things. That's why they've gone a little bit sloppy in some parts to "streamline" the interface. The new fans wouldn't have anything to compare this game to. They wouldn't have played the first game, and wouldn't care if things were different, because they didn't know they were different in the first place. That sort of attitude just pisses me off. If the game is obviously meant for an xbox gamer, and the devs are just throwing a little bone to us pc gamers, I sure as hell won't buy it. I hope xboxers have a lot of fun with it, and with the sequels to it, because the pc gamers will soon learn to hate anything that IS gives them from now on, if anything else after DX:IW.

ABRAXAAS
24th Nov 2003, 10:57
Originally posted by Viking2
Hardcore fans that can never be pleased? Hardly. That's just a few of us. The rest are just plain Deus Ex fans. We just want something to live up to the original. The demo simply doesn't. You may think it does, because you can live with its flaws, which are just plain obvious to both bashers and supporters. However, most peole can't. It was definetely a mistake. As for the forums being a small percentage of the fanbase: the forums are still a good sample of the fanbase. It is true that only "true" fans would actually go to a forum and discuss this game. However, that's not often the case. All you have to be is just a mild fan, and you can be part of forums. Besides, even if we were "hardcore", that's a hell of an attitude to give to the people who have supported you so rigorously. Krypt just flat out said that he didn't care. He didn't care what we thought. He, and the rest of the development team, are obviously looking toward a new fanbase. The kind that lies in the xbox, a console, so that they can make more money off of the larger audience and in their sequels, which will have a more "stable" fanbase. That's why they've changed so many things. That's why they've gone a little bit sloppy in some parts to "streamline" the interface. The new fans wouldn't have anything to compare this game to. They wouldn't have played the first game, and wouldn't care if things were different, because they didn't know they were different in the first place. That sort of attitude just pisses me off. If the game is obviously meant for an xbox gamer, and the devs are just throwing a little bone to us pc gamers, I sure as hell won't buy it. I hope xboxers have a lot of fun with it, and with the sequels to it, because the pc gamers will soon learn to hate anything that IS gives them from now on, if anything else after DX:IW.

Im not even reading that, all i hears IS BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Viking2
24th Nov 2003, 20:20
Whoa, that's a hell of a good answer Abraxaas. You should join some type of debate group. I put out my answers, and you shut your ears (er...eyes) like a little kid and say "I'm not hearing you!" (in this case it was "reading").