PDA

View Full Version : I think this sums it up nicely.

SK Denton
23rd Nov 2003, 06:44
See how many whacks to the back of the head it takes when you're playing the full game and sneak up on someone with your riot baton and upgraded strength and electrostatic discharge biomods.

The above quote is from the dev Krypt and he is basically telling us that to get a one hit KO we are going to need to use biomods.

Apparently people's head have evolved into rocks in the future preventing a simple on hit ko.

If needing biomonds to get a simple KO does not sum up IS's major screw up of DX:IW then nothing will.

I just hope that they don't require Garrett of the Thief series to now require special magical crystals in order to get a ko. :rolleyes:

Jesus, P.I.
23rd Nov 2003, 07:01
Originally posted by SK Denton
I just hope that they don't require Garrett of the Thief series to now require special magical crystals in order to get a ko. :rolleyes:

Dude you've just given me a great idea, SK. I think in Theif 3 there will be big gold rings scattered around the map that you can jump through. When you jump through 10 hoops, you get a crystal. One crystal gets you a 1-hit KO with a blackjack. Two crystals and you get a 1-hit KO with the sword. But get this: save up three crystals and you get a guided arrow for your bow. Thanks for the inspiration, SK, it really helps me reach out to a wider audience.

--Warren Spector

SK Denton
23rd Nov 2003, 07:06
Were 20 different types of ammo, reloading, a jigsaw puzzle inventory, and leaning what made DX1 a great game? No. It was the emergent gameplay, multiple solutions to problems, character customization, and an involving storyline. DX:IW still has all of these, and more so for some of them. Yes, a lot of things have changed. No, not everyone will like how they've changed (as is very evident reading these forums). This is how we made the game, and we stand by it. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

This is from the same dev named krypt. Notice the last sentence of his statement. :mad:

Remember that we have the power of the consumer and if we don't buy their crap then they will have to make a game worthy of us and of the Deus Ex name.

crimson_stallion
23rd Nov 2003, 08:23
The above quote is from the dev Kryst and he is basically telling us that to get a one hit KO we are going to need to use biomods.

Apparently people's head have evolved into rocks in the future preventing a simple on hit ko.

If needing biomonds to get a simple KO does not sum up IS's major screw up of DX:IW then nothing will.

HAHA remember how one of the defending points about removal of skills is that a trained agent should be able to fuse a pistol effectively after he graduates? With the new system, not only is it seemingly impossible for a 'skilled agent' to get a headshot that is fatal, but they also lack the skill of effectively hitting some one over the head.

Wouldnt a trained agent know things like where abouts on the head to hit an enemy with a crowbar/batton?

Thats quite hypocritical contradiction IMHO.

comreak
23rd Nov 2003, 08:53
They certainly aren't going to say, "yeah, your right, the game totally sucks." They've been working on it for quite some time so their going to be defensive (regardless of whether the changes were good or bad). The best thing to do is to simply not buy the game if your dissatisfied. They may tell you to not play/buy the game now but when they see the poor sales figures for DX:IW, they'll think differently (and so will Eidos).

Robosapiens
23rd Nov 2003, 11:23
This is from the same dev named kryst. Notice the last sentence of his statement. :mad:

Actually, the dev's name is not kryst, is Krypt. If you're going to quote people, just make sure you get their names right.

El Padrino
23rd Nov 2003, 11:47
I bet almost anyone on this board armed with a baton could knock someone out with one surprise blow without any special agent training or strength mod.

Baloon
23rd Nov 2003, 12:01
This is from the same dev named kryst. Notice the last sentence of his statement. :mad:

Remember that we have the power of the consumer and if we don't buy their crap then they will have to make a game worthy of us and of the Deus Ex name.

Haha, sure I won't buy it. The demo is crap. And YES, THE THINGS MENTIONED DID MAKE THE GAME SUPERB! IT WASN'T ****ING UNREAL TOURNAMENT!!! GEEZ! STORY ISNT EVERYTHING.

SK Denton
23rd Nov 2003, 19:28
Originally posted by Robosapiens
Actually, the dev's name is not kryst, is Krypt. If you're going to quote people, just make sure you get their names right.

See how angry I am that I even messed up the guys name.

Sense
23rd Nov 2003, 23:05
This is from the same dev named krypt. Notice the last sentence of his statement. :mad:

I'm not buying it and I know many of the people who loved DX1 also won't buy it -- this really doesn't do **** though because it's marketed to an entirely different audience (a very dumb audience) and then on top of that many optimistic hardcore dx fans will buy it, hoping they patch it later on.

I think the best thing to do is to talk **** about DX2 on any gaming forum you go to.

lol @ the capitalist perpetuated myth that consumers have power.

comreak
23rd Nov 2003, 23:32
Originally posted by Sense

lol @ the capitalist perpetuated myth that consumers have power.

They do have power in significant numbers. You can't expect a few people on some forums to be able to affect Ion Storm and Eidos. Your right, there are too many people who are going to buy the game regardless of whether they hate it or not. I've seen plenty of people here who have said they hate almost every aspect of DX:IW but will buy the game anyway. Even if you don't affect IS or Eidos in the long run, atleast you'll have saved $50 (or whatever) for something else.

Dabs
23rd Nov 2003, 23:39

Didn't I just read someone else post that earlier today on the Ion Storm forums? Dude, if you're going to make a point, at least use your own words.

SK Denton
24th Nov 2003, 00:03
Originally posted by Dabs
Didn't I just read someone else post that earlier today on the Ion Storm forums? Dude, if you're going to make a point, at least use your own words.

How do you know it wasn't me...next time think things through before you make yourself sound like an idiot. :rolleyes:

Pdizzle
24th Nov 2003, 00:37
It really sucks that it takes 5 shots to kill people now, that is what kills the demo for me is that crappy combat. I want my headshots. Also they should have kept the skill system, it made you make choices about your character, not just be able to do everything, choice isn't about doing a mission in whatever manner you feel like doing it at that certain time, choice is about making long term discisions that will effect how you play the game for the entire game. The unified ammo sucks also, they say that it allows for choice in that you can use what ever approach you want without it being dictated by the avalible ammo, but really it is just like the lack of skills, insted of thinking how to conserve your ammo for your favorite gun so you can use it when it is needed, you just have one type of ammo so you have to make no strategic choices on ammo conservation. Furthermore what are you supposed to do if you run out of all your ammo? Right now I am not going to buy this game unless it gets a REALLY good PC Gamer review.

P.S. It looks like you were right SK Denton, xbox did dumb down dx:iw.

Neutrino
24th Nov 2003, 00:42
Only if you can count to 2.

Dabs
24th Nov 2003, 00:45
How do you know it wasn't me...next time think things through before you make yourself sound like an idiot.

If that's the case I apologise. Someone word for word repeated a long post I made on PCG forums on the Ion Storm forums, and though I ignored, it really pissed me off. Led to me jumping to conclusions on this occasion I guess. Apologies.