PDA

View Full Version : grafix card question

paulbop
23rd Nov 2003, 06:01
By looking through the readme and the board I see that nvidia MX cards are not supported. Anyone know if geforce 4 440 Go is an MX family card. I apologize if this question has been asked already. I looked through most of the board before I posted as not to ask a redundant question. Thank you

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2003, 12:30
Originally posted by paulbop
By looking through the readme and the board I see that nvidia MX cards are not supported. Anyone know if geforce 4 440 Go is an MX family card. I apologize if this question has been asked already. I looked through most of the board before I posted as not to ask a redundant question. Thank you

nvidia page (http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce4go.html)
The GF 4 440 go does have a pixel shader engine, but you will need to get the latest drivers on your laptop.. which is not always possible.. nVidia drivers dont update vaios/toshibas etc.

Pooeypants
23rd Nov 2003, 12:44
ok, so many ppl ask this question. The Geforce 4 mx series covers all of the 4xx (x replaced by numbers). So if you got a Gef 4 420Go it's a laptop version of the mx420. Pure and simple no confusion...well if you're me that is. :p

Pooeypants
23rd Nov 2003, 12:46
Originally posted by jaycw2309
nvidia page (http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce4go.html)
The GF 4 440 go does have a pixel shader engine, but you will need to get the latest drivers on your laptop.. which is not always possible.. nVidia drivers dont update vaios/toshibas etc.
Sorry but only the 4200 series has pixel shaders, the 4xx Go ones don't. Simple as that.

jaywalker2309
23rd Nov 2003, 13:17
Originally posted by Pooeypants
Sorry but only the 4200 series has pixel shaders, the 4xx Go ones don't. Simple as that.

OH YEH.. once again another lovely confusing page from nVidia.. it lists the GO series and mentions the Pixel shader directly beneath it..

Sighs.. ahh well.. NO GO on GO then :(

Pooeypants
23rd Nov 2003, 13:40
Originally posted by jaycw2309
OH YEH.. once again another lovely confusing page from nVidia.. it lists the GO series and mentions the Pixel shader directly beneath it..

Sighs.. ahh well.. NO GO on GO then :(
Personally I think this a breach of trading and advertising standards, i.e. false advertising with intent to decieve.