PDA

View Full Version : Quake:Invisble War

go1dfish
23rd Nov 2003, 05:38
I must say I am extremely dissapointed in the performance of the secondary unit.

----

Ion Storm and Eidos, I hope your happy.

Loyal Deus Ex fans have been waiting for DX2 for some time now, and although there was some fears among the community, mostly due to the xbox 'codevelopment,' most people were still fairly sure that the DX2 would be a good game.

Unfortunately, those fears (which you tried to ease many times) turned out to be reality, and DX:Invisible War is nothing but a console port of nothing more than a story based FPS.

And the final game, may even be really good, im sure its one of the better xbox games lately.

But it does *NOT* deserved to be called Deus Ex 2

We all know the sequels are rarely as good as their predecessor, but Deus Ex 2 is so buchered and bastardized that it barely resembles its predecessor in more than interface and setting.

I can only hope that all of the negative feedback will convince you to delay the game and do it right. Or at the very least, do better next time.

Please reconsider what your doing.

Pequachino
23rd Nov 2003, 06:07
delay the game?! u ve got to be kidding...its been long enuff i dont care what condition its in my preorder better git here on the 3rd

go1dfish
23rd Nov 2003, 06:13
So this makes sense to you?

I ordered that TV a week ago, I dont care if it works or not I want it *NOW*

MDent
23rd Nov 2003, 07:12
Its more like wolfenstein......

http://mark24.theforumisdown.com/images/3d.jpg

crimson_stallion
23rd Nov 2003, 08:49
LOL nice one:D

go1dfish
23rd Nov 2003, 09:56
Textures are about right :)

ABRAXAAS
23rd Nov 2003, 10:00
You people are retarded:eek:

Tassadar5000
23rd Nov 2003, 10:03
Originally posted by MDent
Its more like wolfenstein......

http://mark24.theforumisdown.com/images/3d.jpg

Oh my, I nearly fell out of my chair :D :D :D

Now if only this forum had a laughing smiley...;)

TheGibberingFool
23rd Nov 2003, 10:12
OK, I agree, the interface is a load of ... something bad ... but how is it like Wolfenstien. They've given you one level.

One.

How can you possibly rate a game the SIZE of Deus Ex by ONE LEVEL? You are retarded. There were some niggles, like going into the Greasel Pit bar kept triggering the same conversations over and over, but this relates to Wolfenstein ... how?

I think they could have picked a better level for the demo, perhaps, but you can't judge the entire game by that.

Tassadar5000
23rd Nov 2003, 10:24
Originally posted by TheGibberingFool
OK, I agree, the interface is a load of ... something bad ... but how is it like Wolfenstien. They've given you one level.

One.

How can you possibly rate a game the SIZE of Deus Ex by ONE LEVEL? You are retarded. There were some niggles, like going into the Greasel Pit bar kept triggering the same conversations over and over, but this relates to Wolfenstein ... how?

I think they could have picked a better level for the demo, perhaps, but you can't judge the entire game by that.

No, however until proven otherwise one must derive a conclusion from given information.

Also, I've noticed a lot of optimists are throwing around the word "retarded" quite liberally. Ad hominem attacks rarely strengthen a persons argument.

TheGibberingFool
23rd Nov 2003, 10:28
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
Also, I've noticed a lot of optimists are throwing around the word "retarded" quite liberally. Ad hominem attacks rarely strengthen a persons argument.

Haha! The man has a point. I'll stop using it.

Anyway, I hope that, one day, either Storm make a proper PC tribute to the original in the form of a mod that completely changes the UI, puts in a Diary + Convo log, leaning, stealth, etc etc, or some clever mod guys will do it for us.

I didn't like the skills and was glad they got rid of them in a way. But then again, I was also sad to see them go. I'm not sure on that one.

However, I'm ignorantly hoping that DX2 will live up to it's predecessor. The problem with raising the bar too high is that you often can't hit it again.

I still hold my opinion that it's nothing like Wolfenstein though...

go1dfish
23rd Nov 2003, 10:52
Yeah I dont see the comparison to wolfenstein (except the textures), but it doesnt seem anywhere near as deep as the original now, seems like just another story shooter.

Random
23rd Nov 2003, 14:10
Originally posted by go1dfish
But it does *NOT* deserved to be called Deus Ex 2

It's called Deus Ex: Invisible War, actually. ;)

I have to disagree with you. I think it's very much a Deus Ex game, from the interaction with the gameworld, to the NPC conversations, to the multiple solutions to problems.

Yes, the demo has problems, and yes some are because of the Xbox, but it's still Deus Ex.

I also disagree that it's just a 'story shooter'. Surely you're not judging character advancement from a one-level demo?

Baloon
23rd Nov 2003, 14:52
Totaly agree with original post. The soul has been drained.

PellaeonSZ
23rd Nov 2003, 17:31
Sorry, but the demo isn't Deus Ex. Play the demo, then play the very first level of Deus Ex 1.

You can't one-shot people or surprise them by being sneaky. Just either blast your way through, or totally avoid the guards and NPC's.

The new interface is simply child-like.

The graphics aren't as great as advertised.

I can read the fonts perfectly from across my room.

Why was Deus Ex:IW altered so much from the original? Did the fans ask for this? Why would you make such an inmersive and intelligent game geared towards 10 year olds?

This really baffles me :mad:

lyra
23rd Nov 2003, 19:10
thats exactly what ive been trying to figure out....it cant be money because as far as i know theyve lost 5 people ($350 ) i know who cancelled their pre-orders...and thats people i know. there must be loads more. i dunno its either the fact that they hope to rip off PC gamers and please the x-box community or the fact that microsoft got too involved in deus ex (lol ahahaha i love these conspiracies).

seriosuly though i dont understand this stupidity. theyve been saved by Half-life not coming out as well as a few problems with May payne2, Need For Speed, and other delays.