PDA

View Full Version : Stealth IS possible!

Pequachino
22nd Nov 2003, 20:55
after rummaging around i found a baton, and i found that hitting anyone with 4-5 quick swipes in the torso knocks them out before they make too much noise or fire the trigger, and no one comes running like withthe prod..if the boltcaster is any more silent then we have ourselves some hope!

i managed to knock out the whole base wiuth this method w/o losing health

ABRAXAAS
22nd Nov 2003, 20:57
you can find the boltcaster in the bottom of the broken elevator shaft, unfortunatley it takes forever for someone to die.

SK Denton
22nd Nov 2003, 21:04
Aren't you tired and ashamed of trying to invent ways to defend this fiasco?

Do you realize how dumb you sound - saying that stealth = 5 wacks to the head with a baton?

That is not stealth that is brutalization!

Jesus, P.I.
23rd Nov 2003, 05:27
Umm, what exactly is the AI doing between the time you whack them and the time they fall down? If I were hit with a baton and it didn't knock me out, I would take out my gun and blast the Schitt out of the dumbass.

I don't see how this works: if the guard does not fall after the first hit, what the hell is he doing?

Pequachino
23rd Nov 2003, 05:38
he's about to shoot but he doesnt have enough time in the quick intervals im spankin him with the baton

buzzfunk
23rd Nov 2003, 05:42
There is no stealth. I remember warren sp saying that its possible to hide in the shadows. Not the case in the demo.

A cool visable/darkness meter wouldve made it interesting. Heck, even soldier of fortune 2 had that. And thats just a plain FPS.

Now what really have they been doing for over 2 years?

Oh yeah..."streamlined" the game...

Volition
23rd Nov 2003, 05:43
Originally posted by ABRAXAAS
you can find the boltcaster in the bottom of the broken elevator shaft, unfortunatley it takes forever for someone to die.

It doesn't take that long. Two shots to the head, and they're down within seconds.

geldonyetich
23rd Nov 2003, 06:19
Personally I don't need to knock anyone out to do stealth in the demo. The F2 Mod prevents them from really getting the jump on me, and their patrol paths are easy enough to trace.

Judging by Gamespot's info, there are augmentaitons in the full version that make you invisible to people if dark alone isn't sufficient.

Also, try the secondary fire mode on that shotgun.