PDA

View Full Version : Quillan, signing off

Quillan
22nd Nov 2003, 18:52
Goodbye guys. I can't take reading this forum anymore. The massive wave of hostility being broadcast by people who are horrifically disappointed by the demo or features they disagree with has made this forum very hard to read and still maintain calmness and civility.

To those who have legitimate complaints about problems with the demo, or the upcoming game, and can state them in a calm, civil, and rational manner: Please continue. The game developers need accurate feedback to be able to fix problems.

To those who actually liked the demo: Be patient, the game is coming. I think lots of the problems in the demo are things that will be solved in the final release. I look forward to a long and satisfying gameplay experience.

To those who can only manage to curse and scream at Ion, Eidos, and the other players on the forums who may disagree with you: nah, I thought better about what I was going to post and decided to try one final rational message. Try to calm down a little. You guys have some legitimate complaints. I agree with you on some points. But the constant flaming, name calling, threats, and downright rudeness make it a burden to read. How in the world are you ever going to get your point across if a developer looks into a forum, scans the first two lines of text and skips the entire post? It's not going to happen, guys. Wait for the final version before passing judgement.

Bye for now guys. I think I might check in again in early December once the game is in my grubby little hands.

Catman
22nd Nov 2003, 18:54
Locking to prevent backlash.