PDA

View Full Version : As an xboxer, the recent demo has made me annoyed at xbox

Prohass
22nd Nov 2003, 09:47
I've been waiting so long for a new batch of games to come out on the box, and it seems that the xbox itself has spoiled that batch. Games are either 'comming out' indefinetly (ie Fable) or burning up on entry.

After staying loyal to xbox with my copies of Halo and Morrowind, and being bitterly dissapointed with the overhyped laughing stock that is KOTOR, im sick to the stomach with eagerly anticipating a games release for so long, then having it eventuate into crap.

I bought a gamecube 2 days ago. For 150 bucks Australia, to give you a comparison, and xbox is 300 and a ps2 is 350.

I bought Zelda and Metroid Prime, 2 games that I never really paid much attention to, and never really investigated or anticipated.

They were, quite simply, gems of a gaming experience, silent little wonders that amazed me with their conciseness and pure brilliance.

**** xbox. **** PC ports. **** waiting around for overhyped blockbuster games.

I hope the final version of DX:IW is cool. But **** it, i dont care, im going to go play some Prime, I might cya round someday, in this crazy world of ours.

*is coaxed off high building by copy of zelda*

Viking
22nd Nov 2003, 09:52
Yes, **** xbox, and anything associated with it. By the way, I don't think it's a good idea to put "as an xbox gamer" in the first lines of the post. Someone who might not have read the rest of the post might take it upon himself to shoot you in the face. Repeatedly.

go1dfish
22nd Nov 2003, 10:00
Because we all know, one pistol round to the head never hurt anyone, it takes 6.

ABRAXAAS
22nd Nov 2003, 10:07
Originally posted by go1dfish
Because we all know, one pistol round to the head never hurt anyone, it takes 6.

you ever hit anyone in the head with a pistol before, you know how perfect you have to hit someone in teh back of the head to knowck wm out cold? grow up and quit beleiving what you see in movies.

go1dfish
22nd Nov 2003, 10:09
Yes knocking someone out with a pistol is fairly difficult, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that if somone fires a pistol aimed directly at your head from point blank range you dont have a chance in hell of surviving.

Prohass
22nd Nov 2003, 10:09
Im pretty sure a bullet to the brain is instant death, unless the universe has suddenly switched around the physical membrane.

ABRAXAAS
22nd Nov 2003, 10:13
if you notice though there doesnt seem to be alot of action in the demo, having no headshots, just means alittle more excitement and action, the fire fights will be a little more drawn out. Have any of you foundd the dart gun with teh zoom function that takes guys down pretty quick and stealthy, i(ts in teh bottom of teh elevator shaft)

IconoclastDX
22nd Nov 2003, 10:17
Are you like a paid apologist?? If not , you should be.

Prohass
22nd Nov 2003, 10:20
You can make action drawn out without simply making enemies stronger, Halo managed to have some pretty drawn out battles and you could cap a headshot on almost all of the enemies. Christ, Halo was in someways more stealthy. You could take out a room full of grunts with pistol head shots before any of them even returned fire. In this, you stealthily sneak up on a gaurd, then spend 10 minutes wacking into him while he calls up his buddies.

ABRAXAAS
22nd Nov 2003, 10:22
Originally posted by IconoclastDX
Are you like a paid apologist?? If not , you should be.

lol no, i just like arguing wether im right or wrong.

Five.Pointe.O
22nd Nov 2003, 10:26
XBOX didn't ruin the game, (if in fact it's ruined..), the devs did.
XBOX didn't make design decisions, the devs did.

See where this is going? I own an Xbox, and I love every game I've bought for it (ok KOTOR got pretty old really fast). If the Xbox version of IW ROCKS, and the PC version SUCKS, I would be very dissapointed in IS, EVEN THOUGH I'm getting it for the box. If my comp could run it, I would expect it to be at least as good as the console version.

Also, consoles themselves are really only limited by control issues. I say MS just release a damn mouse for the Xbox already and stop trying to avoid the whole idea that it's just basically a cheap computer. There's already a keyboard if I'm not mistaken.. THAT WAY, WE Could all be made happy. Console devs won't have to ruin potentially AWESOME PC games by destroying the control scheme and UI, and PC devs won't have to "dumb down" potentially AWESOME XBOX games by creating simplistic controls and kindergarten sized fonts.

THE WORLD WOULD REJOICE AND LIVE FOREVER IN PEACE AND UNITY!... or not.:rolleyes:

Prohass
22nd Nov 2003, 10:35
*agrees*