PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Please delay the game until you can get it right!

IconoclastDX
22nd Nov 2003, 09:19
OMG. I cant belive I just asked for that. But you all know why.

If they release it like it is, I fear the worst. Who in their right mind calls a game with unified ammo, bottomless clips, presupposed hacking and an inability sneek up and stealthly dispatch an enemy, a stealthy, thinking-mans game with options. Ugh!

Volition
22nd Nov 2003, 09:28
An inability to stealthily dispatch an enemy? How do you gather that from an extremely short demo where stealth wasn't even a part of the level, nor would it be needed?

IconoclastDX
22nd Nov 2003, 09:35
Well have you tried? I have.
-You cant hit em in the head cuz they really dont have one.
-The electro thingy and they guy your using it on makes as much noise as a 10 second elephant fart. People notice and come looking immediately.
-You cant jump on people to knock them out.
-Even pushing heavy objects from great heights doesnt do the trick. Besides, its hardly stealthy anyway.

If anyone has figued out how to do simply knockout an enemy quitely let me know.

Viking
22nd Nov 2003, 09:40
Good one on the elefant fart.

Anyway, the reasons you mentioned, paired up with a horrible interface and obvious evidence (part of which is what you mentioned) that dumbing down has occured in large degrees, are why I think this game is the gaming equivalent of a raped camel.

sargebaldy
22nd Nov 2003, 09:47
I say take as long as you can to get it right. This game is designed strictly for stupid console gamers, not the Deus Ex playing crowd.

Prohass
22nd Nov 2003, 10:16
Stop ****ing blaming this on the suposed 'stupidity' of xboxers, most xbox owners are PC players at heart, otherwise they'd buy a ps2.

We didn;t colaborate with Ion storm and tell them what we'd like them to do to make the game more console friendly, they simply assumed, how the hell is that the fault of console gamers?

ABRAXAAS
22nd Nov 2003, 10:25
Originally posted by Prohass
Stop ****ing blaming this on the suposed 'stupidity' of xboxers, most xbox owners are PC players at heart, otherwise they'd buy a ps2.

We didn;t colaborate with Ion storm and tell them what we'd like them to do to make the game more console friendly, they simply assumed, how the hell is that the fault of console gamers?

Agreed. I personaly own all systems cause i just like playing games. just because your momy wont buy you one doesnt mean you have to crap on people that have em.

Prohass
22nd Nov 2003, 10:31
I hated the demo. But I dont understand why everyone is blaming this on the 'stupidity of xboxers'. Not one xbox FPS hasn't featured locational damage, why would Ion storm take away locational damage to suit console players? As far as the inventory goes, that was obviously designed for a console, but its not what made the demo bad, what made the game bad was an accumulation of little things, most of which had nothing to do with fitting the market type of xboxers.

as i've said before, I dont recal having an Ion storm developer come to my house and discuss with me what i'd like, as an xboxer, to have in DX2, so it aint my fault, its they're fault for making an asumption which was false.

sargebaldy
22nd Nov 2003, 10:38
The difference is that consoles offer less interaction with the game world. Console games tend to end up linear and simplistic, relying completely on action to be fun. Deus Ex on the other hand, relied on a story, stealth, and complex ingredients to be enjoyable. That is what people wanted in Deus Ex 2, not this straight up action simplified system that is offered.

ABRAXAAS
22nd Nov 2003, 10:43
Originally posted by sargebaldy
The difference is that consoles offer less interaction with the game world. Console games tend to end up linear and simplistic, relying completely on action to be fun. Deus Ex on the other hand, relied on a story, stealth, and complex ingredients to be enjoyable. That is what people wanted in Deus Ex 2, not this straight up action simplified system that is offered.

Where do you get these ideas from? have you ever played console games? theres just as many linear PC games as there are on consoles, hell maybee even more. the original deus ex was pretty linear, compared to what the new deus ex is. ooo teh original had 3 different endings that all pan out in teh same room by clicking a different answer. All of the real reviews on teh web, all say that teh new deus ex is extremely non linear. no i dont know for sure since the demo was like 10 min, but it deffinatley hints at it.

Prohass
22nd Nov 2003, 10:48
DX1 was not linear. But yes I agree that there are just as many linear PC games as console ones. I mean, when you think about it, 98% of games on any market suck. PC has non-linear games, but proportianately, just as many as consoles.

Think GTA3

FliX
22nd Nov 2003, 10:56
looks like its gonna be a bad bad selloff day for eidos....

grayswandir
22nd Nov 2003, 11:08
After playing the demo I think I'll miss the skill system... having several levels of skills, particularly HACKING, ELECTRONICS and LOCKPICK allowed you to chose between countless characters build. Now, there are only multitools and a few biomods... either you know to hack or not... that suck... I used to play a balanced character in DX1, I think i won't be able to do that anymore.

Oh, and the interface sucks. i loved the first game interface, particularly the menu system (inventory/augs/notes/skills/etc...)
and the inventory is just too small.. How is that supposed to be a 1st person thinker/rpg?

btw: no impact on the wall when you fire, plus some bugs I had wih the girl in the building (body at a clearly unnatural angle lol... even dead I wonder haw THAT can be)...
"Remember that a headshot is a lethal takedown" Jacobson said in DX1... yeah, sure! unless the target has no location for head.
I know, Denton has no location for head either... just hit points, like every good ol' quake dumb shooter.
btw, the bulbs are really strong too :)

My opinion: they DOOMed the game lol

I think I m gone to play DX1 for another couple of years... sigh

GingerNinja
22nd Nov 2003, 11:48
yeah

I bet the developers are really upset right now.

I kinda feel bad for being so angry, I have alot of respect for those who make our games.
But to sell us out like this!

I dont know how they did it to be honest

It wont even run propperly on my supper charged PC

Sci
22nd Nov 2003, 17:48
A friend of mine is still getting the game, which is fortunate for me since that means I can try it and see if it really is as bad as the demo.

Until then, it's KotOR for me.

Gaming-Module
22nd Nov 2003, 17:58
I think, after finishing the XBox version of this game recently, the developers had a choice.

(A) Hold off on this until the PC version is properly completed, releasing it sometime during the 1st quarter of 2K4, thus missing out on the holiday shopping season.

(B) Rush polish the XBox version into a PC port as quickly as possible for the holidays and just patch the hell out of it later, so we can make some cash.

It's a shame they chose B, because alot of the issues seem to be pretty hard to redesign or design around through patching. I mean, leaning and locational damage tweaking, could totally unbalance the gameplay.

I dunno. Just another money grab at the expense of gameplay. What else is new in this business.

Driver
22nd Nov 2003, 18:50
The game cannot be delayed. Its gone GOLD. :mad:

buzzfunk
22nd Nov 2003, 19:00
Yep, its in production. We can only hope for a patch. Iknow that the ion storm developers read the IS forums. They havent spoken up yet but with ALL THIS negativity i cannot imagine they will do NOTHING.

I really wonder if they ever had a PC testing lab. I mean it took the fans 1 lousy day to make a list of the ****ty stuff.

Until drastic changes arrive, no buy for me. Im gonna reinstall DE1. Heh, if you still buy DE2, cool. I envy ya.

lyra
22nd Nov 2003, 19:59
IVE NEVER BEEN THIS PISSED OFF!!!!!!
EVERY SINGLE SERIES I LIKE HAS BEEN TORN APART(e.g tombraider **ck CORE and EIDOS for that, Need For Speed e.t.c). I NEARLY WENT TO EB AND CANCELLED MY PRE-ORDER. I EXPECT A RESPONSE OR COMMENT FROM EIDOS OR ION STORM. what in the world??????? seriously if nothing comes up im pulling my order on saturday next week.

well the fact that its gone gold sucks and i doubt whether the final version will be any different....UNLESS (omg please please) this is an old demo like from back when the PC version wasnt fully developed (well i can hope cant i "sigh")

AINTD
22nd Nov 2003, 23:41
I don't think they can patch a bad (or unfortunate) GAME DESIGN ... it's not a bug or anything ... it's the entire game, it's essence.

lyra
23rd Nov 2003, 01:36
just wondering...should i cancel my order after all and get Need for speed underground, Silent hill 3, URU, and possible later on Prince Of Persia (thats my original plan but DX IW changed that)...i spent good $$$ on a processor and a new graphics card. and all i get after that is a dissapointment....do u reckon that anythings gonna change? or is the demo a reflection of the true game?

Unmaker
23rd Nov 2003, 01:46
I registered for this forum just to vote in this thread. Please, for the love of God, don't release Deus Ex 2 for the PC while it's still in this condition.

Unmaker

MonkeyLungs
23rd Nov 2003, 02:09
well at the risk of taking a rather unpopular stance .. i voted "You are all a bunch of whiny PC purists."

you people actually for one second believe you are a representative sample of pc gamers who will buy invisible war??? haha lol ... not even close ... the people who post on forums are normally people who are angry with the game/demo (like you lot) and people with too much time on their hands (like me) ... a vast mojority of gamers will never even bother to come to the forums to post little messages and have cyber arguments ...

most people are out there playing the demo think "damn this is sweet i can't wait to buy the full version"

other people like me are here on the boards for some fun but are still thinking " damn this is sweet i can't wait to get the full version and get it for my XBox instead of PC cause i vastly prefer gaming on the XBox to gaming on the PC ...

MonkeyLungs
23rd Nov 2003, 02:13
and then there's the mad crowd who are completely entitled to be let down, after all it is all based on opinion and everyone has one of those .. and you're all thinking "goddamnit this demo sucks i hate it i feel so betrayed i can't believe the game developers would their game they way they wanted to and not have some sort of omipotence to know how i wanted the game made, i hate this game, i hate the world , i have never been so angry ... blah blah blah ..."

quite frankly if you've never had cause to be more angry than the anger that a little disappointment from a video game demo can cause you are indeed living a blessed life and should be thankful ...

crimson_stallion
23rd Nov 2003, 02:21
Originally posted by GingerNinja
yeah

I bet the developers are really upset right now.

I kinda feel bad for being so angry, I have alot of respect for those who make our games.
But to sell us out like this!

I dont know how they did it to be honest

It wont even run propperly on my supper charged PC

Me too. I remember back to all the highly confident interviews with Warren where hed talk about how proud he was and how much people would love the game, just to come here and see 75%+ of deus ex fans whinging about how much it sucks.

I feel a bit slack, but at the same tiem feedback is always a good thing, positive or negative, because it prevents people from making the same mistakes twice.

Hopefully the developers will make up for this inlater games.

I really wanted invisible war to be the game of the year, the game that made even the original seem lame and simplistic.

Unfortunately, from what I have heard (cant play the demo on my pc) this seems like it will definatley not be the case.

I'll probably buy the game anyway, I don't know. I'll have to wait and see how the final version comes up.

If they improve graphical glitches and performance, then i'll probably buy it.