PDA

View Full Version : List of things that need tweaking/fixing/etc.

exo
22nd Nov 2003, 07:54
-Mouse Filter/Smoothing please.

-Mouse precision is unresponsive and NOT very reliable if a situation were to go

-you HAVE to have a crate that's level with a window is um... really wierd considering the amount of detail the game has in skills, items, dialogue, yet you simply can't put your leg through the window sil and slip in...

-clunky movement control make doing things a chore, precision movement would be nice, you expect people to move stealthily when you practically move like a UT2K3 clunky heavy combat gear wearing character, fine tune the controls please.

there's many other issues too that i've missed but it's 3am and i'm up on 3hrs sleep so forgive me, I know I missed a lot, please add to the thread :)

Darkhelm
22nd Nov 2003, 07:57
Originally posted by exo
-Mouse Filter/Smoothing please.

-Mouse precision is unresponsive and NOT very reliable if a situation were to go

-you HAVE to have a crate that's level with a window is um... really wierd considering the amount of detail the game has in skills, items, dialogue, yet you simply can't put your leg through the window sil and slip in...

-clunky movement control make doing things a chore, precision movement would be nice, you expect people to move stealthily when you practically move like a UT2K3 clunky heavy combat gear wearing character, fine tune the controls please.

Most of these issues could be fixed if you went ahead and changed "MouseLagThreshold" in the default.ini file in the Systems folder from 75 to 0. Try that and let me know if it helps. It worked well for me!

p7eter
22nd Nov 2003, 08:30
yeah but we shouldnt have to tweak our INI's to have fun

and i agree with the window thing.. I was like... "so should i jump, then duck, them move forward at the perfect moment to get thru this window? OH, wait, look a crate! oh boy, a crate jumping opportuinty!"

i do hope we have mantling though, and not the arbitrary dx1 crate jump-height threshold

exo
22nd Nov 2003, 08:36
Peaking would be nice, I mean sneaking IS a valid choice right?

The game looks great, other than the fact that it's got console port written all over it (blur effect anyone?).

Tweaking of the walk movement so that it's a little faster.

Control keys reset when transitioning to a different area. ;(

p.s.

I liked whole assassinate the gob but as soon as I got up the ladder I was hoping to be given the chance to do other things like force her to give me money or else I kill her pet. Trick her into giving me money to kill the dudes pet, and then choose to put poison in the pets food or not put poison in the pets food while she's not looking. :)

etc. etc.

Choices Choices Choices... It's why KOTOR's high on the list for rpg of the year after all.

FunGun
22nd Nov 2003, 18:45
found some bad level bug, which _had_ to be found by the beta testers
u can find the screens packed here (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=1280732#post1280732)

DX never wanted to be a true rpg imo while kotor is a full scale rpg
so u cant really compare them to get a good opinion bout one of them

grayswandir
22nd Nov 2003, 19:25
add this one:

- NPCs don't take damage from objects throwed at them... even from a great heigth...