PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Negative Art effect! If only it was intentional!

Morrolan
22nd Nov 2003, 06:44
Yeah. Hey. I downloaded the demo. Great. I'm happy. This is Deus 'Jesus Christ' Ex we're talking about here. Like, woot, and stuff.
You hear the lack of enthusiasm? Yeah. That's because the whole game is BACKWARDS when it comes to the colors. That's right. You know in photoshop, how you can select 'Negative Art,' and all the blacks turn white and the whites turn black and everything in between? Yeah. That's the whole game for me. Well, not exactly the whole game. In well lighted indoor areas it's pretty much unnoticable.

Intel Pentium M 1.4 ghz
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000
256 mb RAM

Any help?

I'd like to play this on the PC, even if it means turning all the settings to minimum. Hell, I'd like to be able to see figure out where in the hell I'm going in order to figure out whether I like the game enough to buy it.
*sigh* I guess it could just be because I'm playing on a laptop and my video card isn't supported or something. But is there no option to turn off the uber-shadows or whatever that are causing this? Can't I just make the game look really bad and actually PLAY it?

PointlesS
22nd Nov 2003, 07:06
what drivers are you using? the 9000 is supported...

Morrolan
22nd Nov 2003, 07:16
My drivers are fully updated.
I've included a couple of screenshots this time:

Oh, the humanity! (http://www.sfu.ca/~gtemplet/stupid1.jpg)
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a dumpster! Wait... just what the hell is that? (http://www.sfu.ca/~gtemplet/stupid2.jpg)

Oh yeah, and I also remembered one other bug: in the menus of the game [both before and after I've actually loaded up a game,] the mouse works but is not attached to the mouse pointer. :\ Which is to say that if I move my mouse blindly until it touches something I can click it and use it without seeing where the pointer is, but the big mouse pointer just sits in the center of the screen the whole time. :|

Baryonyx
22nd Nov 2003, 07:47
I would assume that you've gone and tweaked the video options to adjust the brightness and contrast? The default settings gave me a wonky Solarized effect until I tweaked them a bit.

Morrolan
22nd Nov 2003, 08:00
Aye I've done just about every combonation under the sun.
I'm currently trying out an unofficial driver from omegadrivers, we'll see how that works.