PDA

View Full Version : To those who do not like the Demo How to fix it

Toxiclette
22nd Nov 2003, 05:53
I heard nothing but trash with the Demo and i am tired of it
Stop complain'ing It is most likey your computer i found out
I tried it on 2 computers and it look'd like crap....

But then i relized i had to adjust the settings myself
Once i did that the game Ran wonderfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is no reason to delay the game i have not seen something bad about it

The control's mabye yes.....
But after putting everything on high in 120 Res

And that is on a Geforce 3 ! with a Amd 1500!
It ran fine with everything High !!

I did not have one problem at all with it

The only thing bad was the control's what im getting used to

after I did this i did something i did not Expect and i just was like what the heck happend?????

I took the Barrols ( sorry i can not spell good ) in the crate
and made them fall over...i did not mean to do it i just did it

i walkd over to the atm and rob'd it and the guard saw me
I got a bit Worried when he start'd shooting his gun so i ran
Next thing i knew i heard him yelling and he was in fire as he was
on fire on top of the Barrales trying to keep his balance and on fire

I was laufhing so hard i allmost cried and amazed at what i did

i tried it again and the same thing did not happen but something better did...when he tried getting over them i threw one barral thing at him and he startd to run away once he shot it and it blew i think? all i seen was him fall down and the barral crushing him it was funny hearing him scream heeelp me to me right in front of him as he laid there burning

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Toxiclette
22nd Nov 2003, 06:08
I just noticed one problem when u have ur settings done
It wont save them so you have to do it all over again :(

Allso what the heck do u do in the demo? I have killed everything
went through everything but the girl in the apartment with the metal bot that allways kill's me

Morrolan
22nd Nov 2003, 06:30
What? You put everything on high, yet by playing with the settings you made it run wonderfully? What exactly did you play with?

You, sir, have the good stuff...

Jesus, P.I.
22nd Nov 2003, 06:36
For some of us, the novelty of messing with the guards gets a little old, and we want some deep gameplay wth a decent mix of stealth and combat. The stealth option seems lacking right now, what with no headshots. Anyone who is a DX fan must realize that it is at least important to offer the player a choice to play stealthily?

Toxiclette
22nd Nov 2003, 06:59
First of all im a girl not a sir ....

I have a Amd anthon 1500
Geforce 3 ti 5 something
530 sum memmory i think

the maping thing is put to 1 with that high it slows down just a bit
but still playable

Is there any way you can save your settings? ?
i hate re doing them every sinnngle time

Viking
22nd Nov 2003, 07:44
Go back to elementary school, learn how to spell, and then maybe you won't torture us with your horrible grammar and spelling, Toxiclette. "Mabye" is not a word. Neither is "barral".

As for your optimism, I admire it. You're like the person who gets stabbed in the foot, and says that there is still some obscure positive side to it. The the rest of us (or me, at least), however, think this demo the devil in software form, with the ultimate goal of destroying everything that is good and holy in the game world.

PointlesS
22nd Nov 2003, 07:53
lol harsh...I guess you get treated differently around here for enjoying the game...

anyways I agree the game is really awesome despite some of the flaws that have been mentioned...as for the settings thing...go into your my documents folder then you'll see a folder in there called "Deus Ex - Invisible War demo" and inside that folder you'll see a file called user.ini...right click it and under attributes you'll see read only...make sure that isn't checked...click ok and your settings will be saved for now own...EXCEPT the video settings...the above only works for the controls...

Darkhelm
22nd Nov 2003, 07:54
Originally posted by Viking
Go back to elementary school, learn how to spell, and then maybe you won't torture us with your horrible grammar and spelling, Toxiclette. "Mabye" is not a word. Neither is "barral".

Thank you, Viking. Your post represents the current niveau at which we're operating on this board. It's not his spelling that is kindergarten level, but it is your harsh attitude and brainless insults.
Which represents pretty much what's going on here right now on the board as a whole. Hundreds of people are bashing the game, most of whom because they have been looking forward to pointing fingers for weeks now, others because they were overwhelmed by immediate negative feedback (from the first group), and again others because they didn't try hard enough to look below the surface where there is actually still good Deus Ex quality to be found.
Of course you will now never find this quality anymore, but maybe you should consider that OTHER people still have the ability and inclination to do so, Viking.

And yes, you may now go and start counting my spelling mistakes, so you can prepare for an "appropriate" answer. :rolleyes:

Toxiclette
22nd Nov 2003, 08:00
and its people like you why games is delay'd over and over and over again for better or for worse:o

Toxiclette
22nd Nov 2003, 08:39
and thanks dark :)

Viking
22nd Nov 2003, 09:07
Thank you, Viking. Your post represents the current niveau at which we're operating on this board. It's not his spelling that is kindergarten level, but it is your harsh attitude and brainless insults.

Mmhmmm. Right.
1) It's "her" extremely bad spelling, not "his".

2) Perhaps we were waiting for something good out of this game. Perhaps we were expecting something excellent. Perhaps, perhaps we expected a Deus Ex game. However, we got the gaming equivalent of a raped camel. That's what I'm going to call it from now on. "The Raped Camel". That should be its name. It is true that some "Deus Ex" elements are "underneath", as you say, but we shouldn't HAVE to dig underneath. Underneath Doom 3, I'm sure you could find some great gaming elements. However, you'd have to dig for the rest of your life. As for your "people who are frustrated from the immediate negative feedback", they should learn to not be surprised so easily. What do you expect? If you throw some cow manure at a person's face, that person will probably complain, and maybe sack you in the jaw. Instead of a piece of manure, we got... this. It's predictable that we're pissed, seeing as how we were expecting a worthy sequel to Deus Ex, containing not only its strongest points, but also those that kept the game from being bad, such as the interface, the overall apperance, and so on. While certain factors make games stand out, others keep them from being bad. No one appreciated the Deus Ex interface, because it wasn't exceptional; however, you replace it with what we have now, and you've got a big fat negative factor tagged along to the rest of the blasphemities that we have just endured.

3) I don't mind if there's a mistake here or there. In fact, I most likely made a few mistakes in this post. However, Toxiclette types like a blind child in a coma. That pisses everyone off.

As for you saying it's people like me who get games delayed to no end, Toxiclette, I take that as a compliment. If DX:IW doesn't get delayed for at least 6 months. I predict the global suicide rate this year will rise by about 35%. I'm beginning to think that the devs made the decisions they did right after they were hit by a truck.

Anyway, that's that. If you disagree, you are wrong.

Viking
22nd Nov 2003, 09:16
The stealth option seems lacking right now, what with no headshots.

Yes, this was my reaction when I found that out:

Wait a minute... WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!! NO HEADSHOTS?!?!??!
AARRRGHHGHGGHH :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: (*breaks table*) (*kills innocent children*) (*tears out hear and eats it with a side dish of horseradish*)

Guys, I think I'm going to get revenge for all of us. Look for a headline tomorrow in the paper. Something like this:

"EXTRA! EXTRA! Runaway Bulldozer Crushes Team of Game Developers!"

:mad:

Toxiclette
22nd Nov 2003, 09:25
Uhm Read the Headshot post You just get the Gun one of many!
The other ones will have headshot's That was allready Posted
And about My spelling some people are like that and use thing's for short Useing irc i just use short words
And About this Game i have play'd the first one
And i do Find Deus ex In it I had a lot of fun playing it
It is worthy to buy in my eyes Mabye a little few touch's
But what where you expecting the Same game?
I wonder what you will say to half life 2....
When a game comes out Its goal is 3 things
Differnt
Fun
Fan base
I had a lot of fun doing things in the game
what is normaly not capable in Part one
it is like haveing the first game all over again
Many choice's....With a lot more stuff to fool around with

Viking
22nd Nov 2003, 10:17
It's 4:15 in the morning where I am right now, and I don't feel like pointing out the near-infinite points that you are wrong on, Toxiclette. I'll come back tomorrow, and talk more about how horrible the game is, why it is horrible, why your arguments are completely ridiculous, and why your "irc typing" can go straight to hell. It's not irc typing, or just short words, though that is still an agonizing thing to watch; no, no, it's the number of spelling and grammatical mistakes that you are making that would turn anyone healthy and sane into a raging chainsaw-wielding maniac.

Five.Pointe.O
22nd Nov 2003, 10:32
Originally posted by Viking
Mmhmmm. Right.
1) It's "her" extremely bad spelling, not "his".

Anyway, that's that. If you disagree, you are wrong.

I think I speak for everyone on this message board when I say..

STFU NOOB

Dr Strangelove
22nd Nov 2003, 18:36
I don't mind if there's a mistake here or there. In fact, I most likely made a few mistakes in this post. However, Toxiclette types like a blind child in a coma. That pisses everyone off.

And I used to think *I* got worked up over incorrect spelling. The mild annoyance of a few wrong spellings does not even come close to the despair at your savage and unnecessary replies. Just because you are disappointed about the demo does not mean you have to make life hell for every single person on the forums.

STFU NOOB
quite