PDA

View Full Version : 'hanger'??

sargebaldy
22nd Nov 2003, 05:25
Someone posted this shot over on doomworld:
http://www.doomworld.com/linguica/dx2lol.jpg
Does that door lead to a hangar? As a 'hanger' refers to a clothes hanger, not housing for airplanes. You guys really need to start using beta testers.

Jesus, P.I.
22nd Nov 2003, 05:31
I agree that this was a little sloppy on the developers' part, but if this were my biggest complaint about gameplay, I would be a happy man.:(

Pequachino
22nd Nov 2003, 05:31
omfg thats funny as shizah! i love games that have just enough imperfections just to let u know it's for real

nacr0mancer
22nd Nov 2003, 05:45
wow thats a damn humiliation, lol
very shameful

Dutch Fox
22nd Nov 2003, 15:42
a bad demo takes away much of the (overhyped) anticipation, good reviews of the endproduct make you want to buy it again (with not so much anticipation anymore, you won´t be disappointed by the end product). Then again, this is one of my most far fetched theories ever.
Good previews and this crappy demo... it just doesnt add up.

jaywalker2309
22nd Nov 2003, 15:47
Originally posted by nacr0mancer
wow thats a damn humiliation, lol
very shameful

Erm.. a hanger IS a place where aircraft are stored.. its spelled the same.. hanger? (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=aircraft+hanger)

Shameful? humiliation? hmmm i not so sure

Dutch Fox
22nd Nov 2003, 15:50
Originally posted by jaycw2309
Erm.. a hanger IS a place where aircraft are stored.. its spelled the same.. hanger? (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=aircraft+hanger)

Shameful? humiliation? hmmm i not so sure

well... not all people on the net are right, you know...

Try the same google search with HangAr, and compare the amount of results..

hanger: NOUN: 1. One who hangs something: a house painter who also works as a paperhanger.

hangar: NOUN: A shelter especially for housing or repairing aircraft.

jaywalker2309
22nd Nov 2003, 15:57
Originally posted by Dutch Fox
well... not all people on the net are right, you know...

Try the same google search with HangAr, and compare the amount of results..

hanger: NOUN: 1. One who hangs something: a house painter who also works as a paperhanger.

hangar: NOUN: A shelter especially for housing or repairing aircraft.

Hmm i agree hangar is right, BUT i think its one of those words where its been spelled hanger by so many for so long its got accepted.. Like color/colour, localise/localize. etc..

i seen it used in an RAF base here on official sign..

:)

Dutch Fox
22nd Nov 2003, 16:07
Originally posted by jaycw2309
Hmm i agree hangar is right, BUT i think its one of those words where its been spelled hanger by so many for so long its got accepted.. Like color/colour, localise/localize. etc..

i seen it used in an RAF base here on official sign..

:)

hmm...you could be right on that one... perhaps it has to do with brittish and USA english... like organiZation and OrganiSation... the little things...

Jdphenix
22nd Nov 2003, 16:09
Perhaps the people that put up the sign...
Sophia Sak's henchmen were stupid.