PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this isnt the best time to bring this up.....

Pequachino
22nd Nov 2003, 05:11
do you think it is at all possible that similar results will accompany the release of thief 3 as it is also being co-developed for the xbox and pc?

Breadman
22nd Nov 2003, 05:14
this topic'll probably get moved cause it isn't talking about invisible war but i'll answer...

and i'll answer saying, i don't think this will happen to the extent that problems have occured with invisible war. we are yelling at ion ahead of time this time, and ion still has some time with thief3. plus thief3 is just a different kind of game with different action/menu requirments so they still could hit correctly and make a good game.

The Glome
22nd Nov 2003, 05:20
Originally posted by Breadman
this topic'll probably get moved cause it isn't talking about invisible war but i'll answer...

and i'll answer saying, i don't think this will happen to the extent that problems have occured with invisible war. we are yelling at ion ahead of time this time, and ion still has some time with thief3. plus thief3 is just a different kind of game with different action/menu requirments so they still could hit correctly and make a good game.

DX2 hasn't failed yet. It hasn't even been released for God's sake.

Jesus, P.I.
22nd Nov 2003, 05:35
Taking away stealth capabilities from Deus Ex is a disappointment. Taking away stealth elements from Thief is a different matter. That game *is* stealth, the closest thing to pure sneaking I have ever played. I still trust Ion Storm not to be stupid enough to dumb down Thief. I dunno, am I being naive?

Sci
22nd Nov 2003, 05:35
I have never played the Thief series, but if it has a UI that requires a lot of mousework, then you can expect some heavy-duty UI refinements to adjust to the Xbox controller (assuming both versions are alike as they were for IW, which seems reasonable to assume)

ThorsHamburger
22nd Nov 2003, 05:41
Well if you are looking for a game that gives you some options(maybe not as much as this game), gives you the ability to play stealthy and full out action and does each very well and transitions betweeen both very well, and you want a mini skill system, plus the ability to choose choose how to go abut tasks, I think NOLF2 does a much better than this game will.
DuesEx may seem non linear but from the looks of the demo it isnt as non linear as I expected.

SK Denton
22nd Nov 2003, 05:46
Originally posted by Jesus, P.I.
Taking away stealth capabilities from Deus Ex is a disappointment. Taking away stealth elements from Thief is a different matter. That game *is* stealth, the closest thing to pure sneaking I have ever played. I still trust Ion Storm not to be stupid enough to dumb down Thief. I dunno, am I being naive?

No offense, but I think you are being naive.

If IS is willing to take a gameplay system that won them over 30 awards and butcher it don't you think that they are capable of doing it to another one of their games?

I have taken no chances and have already asked the devs over at the thief3 board on the Ion Storm forums to please take into account the BIG mistake that has been made with IW and not to follow in Harvey Smith's footsteps.

Please go there and express your desire to not see T3 butchered like IW.

Breadman
22nd Nov 2003, 05:48
Originally posted by The Glome
DX2 hasn't failed yet. It hasn't even been released for God's sake.

If you've read some previous posts in other threads, which I really shouldn't expect from people (no sarcasm intended)... you would know I enjoy this game more than most people seem to be enjoying it. I think Ion Storm, according to the demo soley, failed massively in some areas and did a great job in others. I'm still buying this game.

Viking
22nd Nov 2003, 07:52
Personally, I hope they NOBODY buys the game, not because of spite towards the devs, but because I wouldn't want any more blemishes on the name of the original Deus Ex. I had originally hoped that the series would end with a blast, rather than a whimper; I was recently dissapointed. Hopefully there won't be any more insults to Warren Spector's original work.

As for thief, I'm not sure. They might still have plans to turn all arrows, darts, and whatever other items there may be (I haven't played the first two extensively before) into one big type of generic ammo or substance, and say that somehow, magical forces allowed for it, even though it's against all logic. Also, the main character may look like an idiot. You know, following in the footsteps of Alex D.