PDA

View Full Version : I'm still buying it.

The Glome
22nd Nov 2003, 04:05
I guess i'm an optimist. However, the fact remains that demos are just a SMALL PART of the game - and besides, the demo could be a few months old for all we know. I've played many sucky demos for great games. I'm sure as hell going to enjoy DX:IW.

My PC can barely run Half-Life, so I have to resort to getting the Xbox version. Who knows? Maybe the game has been so consolized to the point that it is actually better on the console.(Which would be totally unfair to you PC users, so I hope this isn't true).

I still have faith. I always have.

Luffy_Muffkins
22nd Nov 2003, 04:08
**** you Xbox loser. Get out of here. Im sure this game would be GREAT on Xbox, but none of us care cus we are pissed of disillusioned PC users who expected a sequal that bears some resemblance to the original. Needless to say, this does not.

Well...maybe the graphics do, although they have been "upgraded" for the year 2003 with an ugly blur efffect to hide the crap textures and decrease performance to a crawl! Yippee

Jesus, P.I.
22nd Nov 2003, 04:28
Originally posted by Luffy_Muffkins
**** you Xbox loser. Get out of here. Im sure this game would be GREAT on Xbox, but none of us care cus we are pissed of disillusioned PC users who expected a sequal that bears some resemblance to the original. Needless to say, this does not.

Well...maybe the graphics do, although they have been "upgraded" for the year 2003 with an ugly blur efffect to hide the crap textures and decrease performance to a crawl! Yippee

Hey, hey, I know the demo sucked, and money spent on DX:IW would be better spent giving to charity (I'm giving my $45.89 to the Get Me a Copy KOTOR Foundation :D), but this guy is on our side. Vent your anger on Ion Storm, who in their hubris thought they could get away with desecrating the name of Deus Ex forever.
Flaming the Glome will accomplish noting; being part of a fan backlash against this shameful game is a much better use of your time, even if there is minimal chance that it will have an effect.

The Glome
22nd Nov 2003, 04:28
There's no need for hostility, I was simply stating my opinion.

I'm not going to listen to other people's opinions, and you don't have to listen to mine. I'm just going to see it for myself.

Maybe i'm just in denial, but I still believe that DX:IW will turn out to be awesome and that 2 weeks from now we'll all be shaking our heads at our past behavior. :D

F3nyx
22nd Nov 2003, 04:53
Damn, I hope so.