PDA

View Full Version : NOT BUYING DX2. KOTOR instead.

Luffy_Muffkins
22nd Nov 2003, 04:04
Was saving up my cash to buy DX2..Not going to anymore..

Spending it on Knight of the Old republic tomorrow. Got good reviews, looks gorgeous and Bioware made it. They have come out with no end of solid rpgs, and this one apparently is no exception. If anyone else is looking for an action oriented RPG game, i suggest giving this one a whirl.

I may get DX2 just because i can.

But it wont be by any legal means, and i wont be putting any of my dollars into a company with SUCH disregard for PC users.

**** you to hell eidos / ion storm **** you.

Jesus, P.I.
22nd Nov 2003, 04:09
Great minds think alike. Just before I saw this thread, I was at gogamer.com cancelling my DX:IW pre-order and funnelling the money into a purchase of KOTOR from the same site. KOTOR comes highly recommended, and my friend loves it (I trust his tastes). Money spent on DX:IW IMHO is better spent on a deep and enjoyable game like KOTOR.

Sci
22nd Nov 2003, 04:10
You read my mind. I decided to spend my money on KOTOR as well.

Morrolan
22nd Nov 2003, 06:49
KotR is fantastic. In fact, if you own an XBox and are an RPG fan, yet don't have a copy of KotR... well I'm frankly baffled as to how your primitive intellect managed to get your computer turned on.

:p

Pequachino
22nd Nov 2003, 06:57
wtf is kotor?

Elder
22nd Nov 2003, 07:01
Originally posted by Luffy_Muffkins
Was saving up my cash to buy DX2..Not going to anymore..

Spending it on Knight of the Old republic tomorrow. Got good reviews, looks gorgeous and Bioware made it. They have come out with no end of solid rpgs, and this one apparently is no exception. If anyone else is looking for an action oriented RPG game, i suggest giving this one a whirl.

I may get DX2 just because i can.

But it wont be by any legal means, and i wont be putting any of my dollars into a company with SUCH disregard for PC users.

**** you to hell eidos / ion storm **** you.

your illegal intentions have been fowarded to the FBI

www.fbi.gov

Morrolan
22nd Nov 2003, 07:03
LOL! Yeah, watch this guy skyrocket to the top of the most wanted list. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Viking
22nd Nov 2003, 07:33
So, is KOTOR out for Xbox too? I wonder if they ****ed that one too, too make the interface more "organic".

Gaming-Module
22nd Nov 2003, 07:40
Originally posted by Elder

www.fbi.gov

THOUGHT CRIME!

Orwell wants to have a talk with you. And by "talk" I mean "pummel your stupid face in."

Woggy
22nd Nov 2003, 07:44
Ummm.. The Deus Ex 2 demo wasnt THAT BAD!
Man you guys exaggerate everything.

Jovena
22nd Nov 2003, 07:44
Originally posted by Elder

www.fbi.gov

Though I would admit saying you intend to pirate software on the forums of the wares you intend to pirate is not very smart, I don't think the FBI would get involved over a 50$ game! Unless of course you plan on mass distribution of said wares?

Anyway I may look at KOTOR if its got good rpg aspects, guess I always thought of the starwars games as fps games.
Don't get me wrong I will get DX2 as well because I don't think this demo reflects the game that's to be released in a few weeks.
But all and all the demo was not bad not great mind you but could have been a heck of alot worse!

Jesus, P.I.
22nd Nov 2003, 07:53
Originally posted by Viking
So, is KOTOR out for Xbox too? I wonder if they ****ed that one too, too make the interface more "organic".

Hey, sorry if you hear this from me first, but KOTOR was originally an Xbox game and was ported to the PC. The port took a lot of time, thogh, so presumably they changed something from the console version...

Jesus, P.I.
22nd Nov 2003, 07:56
Originally posted by Gaming-Module
THOUGHT CRIME!

Orwell wants to have a talk with you. And by "talk" I mean "pummel your stupid face in."

Seeing as how Orwell died in 1950, that would be a post-humous act of assault. I wonder if such things are covered under federal or state law? Is there a penalty for returning from the dead to smack some ***** up?

Morrolan
22nd Nov 2003, 07:57
Viking: You understand that KotR was on the XBox FIRST, right?

ABRAXAAS
22nd Nov 2003, 09:35
HAHAHA OMG! you people are tards...oh im not getting deus ex 2 cause it feels to dumbed down, instead im gonna go buy KOTOR even though it was just ported from teh xbox and is teh essence of dumbed down HAHAAH!.

KOTOR played and finished on Xbox and its a great game

Played the deus ex demo, and asside from a few minor issues its a blast to play, try pushing around flaming barels so tehy roll down stairs or through body's on street lights its to much fun.

oh and grow up you winey bastards.

IconoclastDX
22nd Nov 2003, 09:39
Ok. Is it just me, or is the argument that everyone uses to show that this game is great is the "wow, look at how the boxes bounce around" argument? FOr me its getting pretty old. Both the argument and the bouncy boxes.

Viking
22nd Nov 2003, 10:01
ABRAXAAS, you're an idiot. It's that simple. There's no cure for it. No treatment. You're just... an idiot. Can anyone give this man a tissue?

http://maddox.xmission.com/xbox_suckit.html

WARNING: That website may be offensive to some readers. It has swearing, and whatnot. Don't go there if you don't like that. You have been warned.

It's a website to Maddox's site. "7 reasons why the xbox can suck it". That's the name of that article. Read it, ABRAXAAS, and maybe you'll stop being a total idiot, and using words like "tards". It's "retards", moron. You are the type of person who gives other idiots a bad name. Learn how to spell, for God's sake.

That having been said, the xbox screwed Deus Ex: IW. I've never played KOTOR, but if it is good, then it's... what, the 3rd xbox game that is actually worth wasting time on? Come to think of it, the first two, Halo and Morrowind, were overrated anyway. Mostly made for homosexual teenage boys. Yeah.

ABRAXAAS
22nd Nov 2003, 10:05
ABRAXAAS, you're an idiot. It's that simple. There's no cure for it. No treatment. You're just... an idiot. Can anyone give this man a tissue?

http://maddox.xmission.com/xbox_suckit.html

WARNING: That website may be offensive to some readers. It has swearing, and whatnot. Don't go there if you don't like that. You have been warned.

It's a website to Maddox's site. "7 reasons why the xbox can suck it". That's the name of that article. Read it, ABRAXAAS, and maybe you'll stop being a total idiot, and using words like "tards". It's "retards", moron. You are the type of person who gives other idiots a bad name. Learn how to spell, for God's sake.

That having been said, the xbox screwed Deus Ex: IW. I've never played KOTOR, but if it is good, then it's... what, the 3rd xbox game that is actually worth wasting time on? Come to think of it, the first two, Halo and Morrowind, were overrated anyway. Mostly made for homosexual teenage boys. Yeah.

wow so much anger here, all because someone isnt getting his way, i think we know who teh teenage homosexual is...wait maybee your just a little girl. i cant tell the difference?

Viking
22nd Nov 2003, 10:11
wow so much anger here, all because someone isnt getting his way, i think we know who teh teenage homosexual is...wait maybee your just a little girl. i cant tell the difference?

Well, now you're not an idiot just because I said so, but also because you type like an idiot, spell like an idiot, and because your attempts at making fun of me are so idiotic they literally made me laugh.

Seriously, I can't see how in the hell you can be happy with Deus Ex: IW after we were all shown how much of a blasphemy it is to the first game. It's crap, period. I'm guessing you're the type of guy who adores games like Halo. Mindless, and stupid.

ABRAXAAS
22nd Nov 2003, 10:16
Well, now you're not an idiot just because I said so, but also because you type like an idiot, spell like an idiot, and because your attempts at making fun of me are so idiotic they literally made me laugh.

Seriously, I can't see how in the hell you can be happy with Deus Ex: IW after we were all shown how much of a blasphemy it is to the first game. It's crap, period. I'm guessing you're the type of guy who adores games like Halo. Mindless, and stupid.

Have you played the original latley?, it was a great game a few years ago!. but now ..well now it would be a piece of garbage.

Silverdawn
22nd Nov 2003, 10:19
I think flaming eachother because of said opinions is stupid, the both of you.

As is the unwarranted insult of homosexuals, the chaotic spelling from ABRAAXAS (who seems to love capitalized names). Viking: Simply because you can present your opinion better doesn't mean you rate higher on the intelligence scale. If you were truly smart, you wouldn't have reacted the way you did, or even reacted to ABRAXAAS, period.

As for the game: I couldn't get DX2 to start up, and I'm sure as hell not buying a new pixel-shader supported video card considering all the stuff I've read. My brother has KOTOR on the X-Box and likes it, but maybe it's a tad reduntant to buy it on the PC as well. Though I did hear they changed a LOT of stuff. :)

Please,
Can't We All Just Get Along?

Tenkahubu
22nd Nov 2003, 11:22
My friend let me borrow his copy of KOTOR and I feel obliged to play it, but it feels like such a chore. The graphics are nice in places but most of the time you are stuck in dull grey corridors. The gameplay is like a Final Fantasy game (wander around, have boring fights, pick up better weapons ad nauseum). Worst of all is the painfully crude set of morals the developers use to determine lightside/darkside. The morality is the worst feature in my opinion and I hope it will be done better in DXIW.
I can only assume that this game has been carried by Starwars fans, I would not recomend this game as a DX alternative or to anybody who is not a Starwars fan. I hope I am in time to warn some of you.

Psychotext
22nd Nov 2003, 11:47
I think we need to leave off this whole Xbox vs PC thing. I own every console on the market and I've played plently of multiplatform games that dont get dumbed down. Stupid comments like the xbox controller not having enough keys dont do anyone any good. This game is poor because of design decisions, not xbox decisions.

I mean, take a look at Rainbow Six 3 on the xbox. You could hardly describe that as a dumbed down game or interface. I have lean ability, multiple weapons, multiple ammo types etc. Blaming the interface on the xbox, yes. Blaming stupid decisions like location based damage and unified ammo on the xbox. No.