PDA

View Full Version : Eidos are you kidding me?

Hybrid_Xeno
22nd Nov 2003, 03:52
Yeah I payed a glance here and there at the development of this current demo.

I read the reviews, in which the reviews seemed to create a false representation of what the game actually is.

And what is this demo to me?

Its a new version of a bag of regergetaded Mcdonalds happy meal, inside a babies diaper that has yet to be changed for 9.7 hours, In which social services were contacted and they stated. "Even though that baby is clearly deprived of the attention it needs. We are unable to help."

What in pete sakes name do you call this demo? answer me!!

You expect me to say good job or better luck next time...

We the gamers have waited long enough for you Devs to get the noticeable bugs out, so what gives?

Crashing...Cartoonish looking graphics.....this game looks nothing like the Doped up Photo shop fraud pictures that have been displayed on these gameing websites.....

This is what you get for allowing Nvidia the looser card company to try to play tricky finger and make the game run on certain PC scenarios...You dropped the ball and now you'd better go down to Toys R Us and buy another......

Whats my current setup you ask?...ATI9700Pro Amd 2200+ 512 Ram Audigy Gamer.....20x2 wingates

Oh yeah the game runs but it crashes and no matter what you tell me running at 1280x1024 looks cheap......and 1600x1200 ehhh I dont feel like even loading the game to see........

First install on my 2nd drive results in the game not even installing thouroughly....Than it crashes my system I reboot 10 times, uninstall 2nd drive....Reinstall the game on drive 1... game runs but it looks generic.....

And for those of you who want to argue my points you need to dig deep inside your gut and say is this what you expected?

-fo0l-
22nd Nov 2003, 03:54
hmm... a fanboy complaining that this game isnt called

Deus Ex: Counterstrike hax LOLROLFMALMFO WTF LOL!

Hybrid_Xeno
22nd Nov 2003, 03:57
By the amount of words youve been able to type in your previous and current posts. You may elect to yell to your daddy...

"Daddy can I play on the computer for ten more minutes?"

Just to make sure he doesnt wanna use it.......

Luffy_Muffkins
22nd Nov 2003, 03:59
@FOOL

shut up you fool. This game sucks. face it.

-fo0l-
22nd Nov 2003, 04:01
why hybrid. im laughing my ass off. seriously, there it goes. actually it tried to go out the door but didnt have hands to turn the knob.. http://forums.gamespot.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

anyway to the other guy that posted to me, i never said the game didnt suck.

Sci
22nd Nov 2003, 04:02
Ok, Ion Storm. That was a good joke. Can we have the real demo now? Wait, you mean this isn't a joke? I guess that just means you are all total f**king morons. This game could have been so great, but it was RUINED!!!!!

And here's a question to ponder. How would the game have been different if there had been no Xbox release?

-fo0l-
22nd Nov 2003, 04:04
the game would have been different in eidos would make less money and the devs would be less happy.

so its not the game you expected, get over it, it isnt the only game in the world. just start looking forward to stalker oblovion lost. that is goty 2004. mark my words.

Bio Denton
22nd Nov 2003, 04:05
Xeno, if you're not going to read up, then shut up.

It was said that the graphics and resolutions were not finished and the demo is not to be compared to the final version.

The demo has no NPCs or any major interaction.

It's not about the graphics card manufacture, it's about the quality of it, as in the model and grade.

It crashes on your system? Well it doesn't on mine; get a better computer.

Lastly, IT'S ONLY A DEMO.

Sci
22nd Nov 2003, 04:08
It may be a demo, but I don't see how the final can have addressed the plethora of problems that I see in this demo, especially now that the retail is so close to release. My hope has been shattered, my faith in Ion Storm is all but dead. Congragulations, Harvey Smith. You just lost yourself another $50. And I won't be the last.

Hybrid_Xeno
22nd Nov 2003, 04:11
Hey Bio,

You wanna buy a lamborghini? Ok you go down and you test drive the Lamborghini.......And from what you saw you like it...So you order one...But when it gets to your house theres no engine it......what do ya do?

Dont gimmie your its a demo garbage talk......I dont even want to hear about get another PC I build pc's and am able to analyze whether or not its Technical or software related glitches.

Dont give the public a bag of crap to eat and tell them youll get icecream later....

-fo0l-
22nd Nov 2003, 04:22
xeno, that test drive analogy was pure crap.

it would be like test driving a lamborghini with 2 wheels, no paint just the metal frame, no radio only 1 drive, 1 reverse, and 1 park gear, no blinkers or windshgiled wipers or lights.

just a little bit of the full thing.

Jovena
22nd Nov 2003, 04:33
Originally posted by Bio Denton
Xeno, if you're not going to read up, then shut up.

It was said that the graphics and resolutions were not finished and the demo is not to be compared to the final version.

The demo has no NPCs or any major interaction.

It's not about the graphics card manufacture, it's about the quality of it, as in the model and grade.

It crashes on your system? Well it doesn't on mine; get a better computer.

Lastly, IT'S ONLY A DEMO.

After I resolved the install issue the game runs excellent no problems at this time anyway, I am running at 1024x768 with Multisampleing at 4x and Bloom checked.
I am not sure what everyone who is able to play is complaining about? The graphics look pretty good and my mouse is working fine, but I have a feeling this is a older version and that the final release will look much better.
I would love to post some compairison shot's of this so we can see where folks are getting the graphic issues at. Also compairing these to DeusEx would be interesting for a side by side to see how they measure up.