PDA

View Full Version : I dunno about you but i LOVE this game!

Pequachino
22nd Nov 2003, 00:56
granted some of the gameplay has been simplified, and i wish i could still type in keypad codes, and hack computers ala login and password, but i still love this game! as soon as i started it up, it ran silky smooth on 1600x1200 and i got completely reimersed into the world of deus ex! im so psyched now! one week away!

GingerNinja
22nd Nov 2003, 01:03
Just out of interest.

Whats your PC setup?

Breadman
22nd Nov 2003, 01:06
I could possibly love this game... I'll admit that. But i'll never know until I can install it:rolleyes:

PointlesS
22nd Nov 2003, 01:15
I love the game as well...some things are annoying about it but I really like it...

Pequachino
22nd Nov 2003, 01:34
uh gingerninja, i think i got tha name right anyway...

i got a nvidia geforce fx 5900 ultra
2 gigs of ram
and a p4 3.2 processor

its an alienware computer my brother in law got as a wedding gift from my parents because gaming is his second love, when he married my older sister, they currently live with us so while im home from college he lets me use it..

oh and out of curiosity, what does multisampling and bloom or w/e do on the options screen?

dave9191
22nd Nov 2003, 01:50
I cannot say that this is a rubbish game. However it is nothing compared to the original and a dissapointment. Im still getting it, but Im not ordering it from the US. Its no longer a priority for me, and its off my xmas list.

Jesus, P.I.
22nd Nov 2003, 01:53
If anyone can justify the absence of critical head shots? Think of the implications for stealth. Sneak up on the guy, aim a bead at the back of his head and shoot... shoot again as he turns around to fire at you, then fire 4 more shots until he is dead? Sneak, hack, bribe? What is this lame excuse for sneaking? Remember the elegence of the stun prod in DX1. Sneak up behind a guy, prod him, and letting out his breath the enemy falls to the ground unconcious. Quiet and stealthy. DX2: Sneak up behind the guy, fire the prod at him, and watch as he screams and convulses for ten seconds before falling to the ground. Can someone who enjoys the game please tell me how you got past the "little" pitfall of not being able to strike effectively from the shadows?

Maybe you can sneak, but they should make it feasible not just to sneak past the enemies, but to ambush them as well. I'm not seeing quite how its working right now.

Merovingi
22nd Nov 2003, 01:55
I don't mind the interface and the game ran great on my rig..

Running at 1024x768 (what I run everygame at) it ran GREAT! No slowdown what so ever.

My rig:
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
512MB DDR PC2700 RAM

Running with all graphics settings up..

lyra
22nd Nov 2003, 02:44
hey im just curious will it run smooth onmy system. i play at 1024*768 as well but im not sure.

i have an AMD Athlon 2000+ XP
384 MB RAM
20 GB HDD
DVD-ROM
Integrated Audio
ATI radeon 9600 pro

i just want 40 FPS. i know my memory and audio are gonna be major bottlenecks. but i cant spend no more money on my PC till february. do u think ill be able to play it nicely at that resolution then?

HOTLEAD
22nd Nov 2003, 02:51
DELETED TREAD

If you read it nevermind.

Psychotext
22nd Nov 2003, 03:12
"The way it's meant to be played"

heheh... sorry, couldn't resist.

Damn - Now my message is out of place!