PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy - The Future?

member_10529266
16th Jun 2012, 17:04
yes guys, im actually dreaming out loud lets all do it !!!! and hope it comes soon !!!

member_10529266
16th Jun 2012, 17:06
i wish they would return to a more classic thing... i kinda miss the crystal armor and the ogre axe.... between other things so lets make this a thread to fill with ideas of what we would like.

ShinGundam
16th Jun 2012, 19:52
1- A turn based combat not an ATB but without long animation attacks or cut-ins, think of how spell casting work X-2 or XIII.

2- Allowing me to do everything in my first playthrough.

3- Hard mode + Insane mode. balance the game with hardest difficulty then make an easy mode of it.

4- Not an important but i would love to have a Persian-esque fantasy.

5- New type of commands, XIII Versus has an Ex-Arts while normal FF got nothing?

6- Release date next year.

member_10628951
18th Jul 2012, 20:01
• Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.
• It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.
• The director is the same person who directed FFVI, FFIX and FFXII, Hiroyuki Ito.
• The co-director led a small part of the development team to make Tactics Ogre for the PSP in parallel with FFXV. He’s currently multi-tasking as lead UI designer of FFXIV 2.0 and co-director of FFXV.
• The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.
• The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin’s Creed.
• The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy’s body like in Vagrant Story.
• Yoichi Wada (president of Square Enix) wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.
• Will release on all major current gen platforms.

thesilentchief.com/2012/07/18/gamesmaste... (http://thesilentchief.com/2012/07/18/gamesmaster-uk-rumor-final-fantasy-xv-four-years-in-development-will-release-on-current-gen-platforms/)

If this is true then I dont mind Versus XIII keeping its name. As long as XV releases on the current platforms! Keep the tradition of 3 numbered entries per gen. (although I would rather Versus to be renamed to get away from the XIII name but whatever)

We will see how this turns out.

ShadowKnight862
18th Jul 2012, 20:15
This rumour sounds excising!

Bhalditar
18th Jul 2012, 20:23
Wishful thinking on someone's part.

Fake.

member_10628951
18th Jul 2012, 20:28

Fake.

These guys have a source inside Square. Can you say for 100% certainty that this is fake?

Asuha
18th Jul 2012, 20:34
They haven't even finished Final Fantasy Versus XIII - a game which is said to have great scale and content similar to FFVII... so how could they possibly get out a game with similar content ahead of that?

Bhalditar
18th Jul 2012, 20:35

Fake.

These guys have a source inside Square. Can you say for 100% certainty that this is fake?

From my years experience of watching Final Fantasy news come in -- leaked or not, I say it's fake.

It's way too much information and way too specific for a typical leak.

Unfortunately anyone can claim they have an inside man, and I believe this site has a reputation for spreading hearsay and half truths.

member_10628951
18th Jul 2012, 20:38
They haven't even finished Final Fantasy Versus XIII - a game which is said to have great scale and content similar to FFVII... so how could they possibly get out a game with similar content ahead of that?

Agreed. FINISH VERSUS XIII SQUARE!

*Square gets the idea to make another game before Versus. Gets ready to call someone..*

Dont you dare.... put the phone down...

member_10628951
18th Jul 2012, 20:40

Fake.

From my years experience of watching Final Fantasy news come in -- leaked or not, I say it's fake.

It's way too much information and way too specific for a typical leak.

Unfortunately anyone can claim they have an inside man, and I believe this site has a reputation for spreading hearsay and half truths.

Same boat. But I put it on here for discussion sake. A big rumor online. If it is indeed fake I hope Square Enix squashes it quick so it can calm down Final Fantasy Versus XIII fans like me O_o.

RoyalJam
18th Jul 2012, 20:57
I would love to this to be true. This would more than make up for FF 13. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

RoyalJam
18th Jul 2012, 21:00
How will the lamebox be able to handle this if it couldn't handle FF 13 without major cuts? I hope if true there are still plenty of CGI cutscenes.

new_tradition
18th Jul 2012, 22:27
Interesting rumour. It would be awesome if this was true, though only the last two points seem the most believable; anyone would want the next release to be better than the past ones, and seeing FFXIII on cross-platforms seemed to have started a trend that has no reason to not continue. Though I don't know if that means FFXV could possibly be on PC as well...

Perhaps that tech demo of "Agnus" could have something to do with it. I filled out the survey after on the site, and it asked "would be you be interested in a game like this"...

Hrmmm...

As for other points, targetting different parts of a enemy's body ain't new; I recall being able to do that in past FF games ^^

Syn
19th Jul 2012, 01:32
Interesting rumour. It would be awesome if this was true, though only the last two points seem the most believable; anyone would want the next release to be better than the past ones, and seeing FFXIII on cross-platforms seemed to have started a trend that has no reason to not continue. Though I don't know if that means FFXV could possibly be on PC as well...

Perhaps that tech demo of "Agnus" could have something to do with it. I filled out the survey after on the site, and it asked "would be you be interested in a game like this"...

Hrmmm...

As for other points, targetting different parts of a enemy's body ain't new; I recall being able to do that in past FF games ^^

Interesting rumour, we have 2 months to see if theres anything to it, as for the Targetting of different body parts, I clearly remember that in Vii, VIII, X, but only on select characters, I think they might mean a monster hunter type scenario where nearly every big creature has multiple target points.

cky182dude
19th Jul 2012, 02:09
I just did some research and found that Final Fantasy XV has been trademarked. Why else trademark the name if the game isn't in development? Here's a link to the article where I read this (With picture proof).

ffxvhome.com/2012/7/19/final-fantasy-xv-... (http://ffxvhome.com/2012/7/19/final-fantasy-xv-trademark-filed)

I've also got a direct link to the Trademark here : tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&stat... (http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4002:c77cp8.2.1)

Automaton
19th Jul 2012, 02:26
They'd trademark it for IP protection, or at least I think that it would be a logical step to do so.

cky182dude
19th Jul 2012, 02:30
Yeah but already having a logo obviously shows that it's in production. You have to remember, how many games have they created since they announced FFXIII-Versus? Square is known for making multiple titles at one time. I hope it is in development, it would only be the smart move to start working on a new Final Fantasy, we did just get that new footage of their next engine which looks amazing. That tech demo could very well be FFXV.

member_10027098
19th Jul 2012, 07:15
Yeah but already having a logo obviously shows that it's in production. You have to remember, how many games have they created since they announced FFXIII-Versus? Square is known for making multiple titles at one time. I hope it is in development, it would only be the smart move to start working on a new Final Fantasy, we did just get that new footage of their next engine which looks amazing. That tech demo could very well be FFXV.

Only that isn't the XV logo, it's the logo used for Final Fantasy XIV 2.0.

Azure
19th Jul 2012, 09:48
This rumour maybe true because Square also mention about the Serect Large Scale project long time ago but never reveal it

Bhalditar
19th Jul 2012, 15:12
The logo and trademark are for Final Fantasy XIV 2.0. The've actually used that image in promotional materials.

member_10077577
19th Jul 2012, 17:43
If they can talk about the circumstances of Final Fantasy XIV with Final Fantasy Versus XIII months from now, that would make a lot of people happy. It would be interesting if this were true: Final Fantasy surpassing the likes of The Elder Scrolls and other open-world games. This would be the break Final Fantasy needs, and with Versus XIII on top of that? Damn.

But I have doubts about this. It's not likely that they would do this before Final Fantasy XIII and XIV were released. And after Versus XIII? Wow.

Asuha
19th Jul 2012, 19:08
Pretty sure the team behind Versus is trying to make the world very big and content filled. Like I said those points were ripped straight from old interviews and changed slightly to look new.

member_10628951
19th Jul 2012, 20:39
The only I am getting out of this is: People want Versus XIII to come out before the next numbered entry. And I share that sentiment too.

member_10492648
19th Jul 2012, 21:01
Stop claiming yourself to be the voice of the people. You don't represent "people", you represent yourself. I would love to hear about new information and a perhaps a definitive release date for Versus XIII as well but your seemingly limitless posts on this one single unfinished Square Enix game isn't going to rush the developers to complete the game on your behalf. You have almost as many posts as you do points, so perhaps you should focus on purchasing and enjoying the other games Square Enix has to offer instead of passive-aggressively instigating the developers to release the game through posts on their website. It's more than likely that they know there are fans looking forward to the game and want to ensure it will be flawless upon release. Conclusively, the best thing you can do to support the company and their project is to purchase their current games and stop spamming them with your extensive, multiple posts. They will release the game when they are ready :)

member_10628951
19th Jul 2012, 21:22
Stop claiming yourself to be the voice of the people. You don't represent "people", you represent yourself. I would love to hear about new information and a perhaps a definitive release date for Versus XIII as well but your seemingly limitless posts on this one single unfinished Square Enix game isn't going to rush the developers to complete the game on your behalf. You have almost as many posts as you do points, so perhaps you should focus on purchasing and enjoying the other games Square Enix has to offer instead of passive-aggressively instigating the developers to release the game through posts on their website. It's more than likely that they know there are fans looking forward to the game and want to ensure it will be flawless upon release. Conclusively, the best thing you can do to support the company and their project is to purchase their current games and stop spamming them with your extensive, multiple posts. They will release the game when they are ready :)

You remind me of someone on N4G named Blaze929. I wonder if there is a connection ;)

1) I am the one who put this up. I comment on many of the forums on here including the FFVIII, VII, X and XIII forums. I participate on every one of the Kingdom Hearts forums. Yes I do have a lot of post but thats because I post on A LOT of the forums here. Sorry if you don't like me being active on these forums :).

2) I am playing a lot of Squares games right now including: Crisis Core, Final Fantasy VIII (playing these two the most right now), The World Ends With You, KH3D Demo, Deus Ex, Hitman: Sniper Challenge, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Birth by Sleep, KH 1 and 2, Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X. I would say that I play and purchase quite a few of their games ;).

3) I am very interested in Versus XIII. Is that a problem?

4) I simply pointed out what people are saying. Dont get upset with me for pointing it out. And your right I don't speak for everyone. I am sorry if I offended anyone with my comment but again I was simply pointing something out.

Lets start again: Hello my name is Tyler. I am a full time student, law clerk and gamer. I somehow manage to find time to chat with all the great people here on these forums. I like to speak with and respond to everyone here (hence the high post count). Welcome to the Square Enix forums! Enjoy your stay.

vitornavarrete
19th Jul 2012, 23:20
Well, I really would like to see XV on this generation, as I said to @Pshyco in other topic. But, I wouldn't mind if the secret big project of years ago was Kingdom Hearts III. Just saying XD But I doubt an human being could direct 2 games of the scale of Versus XIII and KH III, even if it's a japanese. We have also to consider that Nomura-san made a lot of other games since 2006 (4 Kingdom Hearts etc etc). Well, hearing that Vs XIII will release next summer and XV on 2014 holydays wouldn't hurt XD Let's hope we will hear something 'till TGS.

Squall-Nathan
20th Jul 2012, 09:46
Even if this is all fake, I want Final Fantasy XV to be directed by the same guy who did XII. The plot was interesting and well done.

Pikachu
20th Jul 2012, 10:34
If this is true than it's already better than the enitrety of the FNC.

Seriously, the director did VI, IX, and XII? Almost too good to be true.

Ashetaka
23rd Jul 2012, 11:09
www.gamereactor.eu/articles/37871/Where+... (http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/37871/Where+next+for+Final+Fantasy%3F/)

This article caught my eye earlier as I was browsing through N4G. They offer an opinion that Final Fantasy has become stagnant and there seems to be a lack of creativity amongst the latest Final Fantasy games. Also, as you might expect from most any FF related article these days, they bring up the issue of linearity.

Now, in my own humble opinion, I feel like it is near impossible to enter the RPG market anymore. To me, it feels as though most mainstream critics (i.e., IGN) are incredibly partial to particular brands and genres of games. If the game isn't tagged with the name "Elder Scrolls" or "Call of Duty", the game is somehow innately flawed from the get-go. Due to games such as Elder Scrolls and Fallout (both decently good games, I think), the RPG genre has suddenly taken a turn to open-world environments. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, I personally feel that not every single RPG from this point on should follow the same staple formula that these Western RPGs have come to grow so accustomed to.

To me, Final Fantasy is and will always be one of my favorite series of all time. But, I feel like with the pressure that SE is constantly receiving from public criticism; they may fall prey to this generic formula that a tremendous amount of people feel is the correct way to design an RPG.

Anyways, I hope you guys find the article intriguing.

member_10822883
23rd Jul 2012, 12:35
I liked the article. Didn't necessarily agree with it, as I don't see linearity as an issue nor do I think the series has become stagnant, but I think the article makes valid points without coming across as smug or vicious.

I really hate this notion of a "right way" to make RPGs. I detest games like Skyrim. I don't care for open-ended essentially offline MMO action-based RPGs and prefer a game that is heavily moved by story progression. There's obviously merit in the former, as many people definitely prefer that style of RPG, but it always depresses me a little bit that there's this idea that there's no room for the linear or turn-based RPG anymore and that Square's decision to not fully embrace the current popular Western-style RPG is invalid.

I like XIII-2's compromising elements between old and new. I'm excited for what Versus has in store for us. But I'm similarly worried SE will eventually crack from all of the scrutiny and start churning out generic copies of what's currently popular. That would sadden me a lot more than would simply bad traditionalist RPGs or CGI moviesque "games."

Ashetaka
23rd Jul 2012, 12:48
I liked the article. Didn't necessarily agree with it, as I don't see linearity as an issue nor do I think the series has become stagnant, but I think the article makes valid points without coming across as smug or vicious.

I really hate this notion of a "right way" to make RPGs. I detest games like Skyrim. I don't care for open-ended essentially offline MMO action-based RPGs and prefer a game that is heavily moved by story progression. There's obviously merit in the former, as many people definitely prefer that style of RPG, but it always depresses me a little bit that there's this idea that there's no room for the linear or turn-based RPG anymore and that Square's decision to not fully embrace the current popular Western-style RPG is invalid.

I like XIII-2's compromising elements between old and new. I'm excited for what Versus has in store for us. But I'm similarly worried SE will eventually crack from all of the scrutiny and start churning out generic copies of what's currently popular. That would sadden me a lot more than would simply bad traditionalist RPGs or CGI moviesque "games."

I thought it was a good read as well. But, like you, I do not see an issue with linearity at all. I honestly never finished Skyrim nor did I complete Oblivion for the exact same reason: the game felt like it had no direction. This notion of making RPG's feel like offline MMORPGs is really wearing me down.

I couldn't agree more with you though. I'm extremely worried that SE will compromise their own ideas to adapt a style of play that simply is not their own.

member_10074094
23rd Jul 2012, 22:14
This notion of making RPG's feel like offline MMORPGs is really wearing me down.

But they don't feel like mmorpgs. Most mmorpg's are actually more linear than skyrim and oblivion. Skyrim and Oblivion are sandbox games that give you freedom to do whatever, and what you make of it is your own bussiness. Skyrim and Oblivion technically have no end. I have personally put 250 hours into Skyrim, constantly restarting it and never finishing it (since that can't be done), because I enjoy trying different character builds out, but never get into one for very long. Oblivion I can't get beyond level 5 in, because I restart it even more often than Skyrim. However, I can't get into sandbox games like GTA at all, because, like you, I feel there is no point... so you basically find a point to a sandbox game in order to stay, and I guess some games dont mix with some people. But they aren't anything like MMORPG's which funnel you through zone after zone and limit where you can go by your level and the enemy's. FF12 is more like an MMORPG than any Elder Scrolls game.

But non-linearity doesn't mean anything like mmorpg or elder scrolls either. older FF games have times when you only have a few places to go... the town you start at, a random side-quest cave, or continue the story. The inclusion of side quests at points in the game, that allow you a break from the main story if you choose, is what players want... we don't necessarily need a game that allows us the freedom of a sandbox environment, but we don't want to be forced through a forest that apparently has only one road through it, and doesn't allow us to, say, go off the road and find a cave or enemy camp with some fun stuff to do. And also, towns... I hate FF13's lack of them. When there is a town, its a linear route through... cuz, you know, thats how the build them on technologically advanced moons I guess. Shopping is done from a save point, instead of making you find a shop specific for your desired good.

Another issue I have, not regarding to linearity, is no inns. Save points restoring health is superior in many ways, the most noticable being that you can cut down on test the player's ability to sustain their party during a long trek, and test their ability to handle a fight instead. However, removing the inns just takes away from the game's world, I think. If the characters don't need to sleep, it feels less real. And throwing in a scene with them sleeping here and there isn't the same as the player seeking an inn to restore their party... a cutscene, after all, is just a movie, and gives no control or sense of accomplishment to the player.

Grimoire
2nd Sep 2012, 05:42
The Future of FINAL FANTASY

Andriasang has posted the following:

"Square Enix Discusses The Future of Final Fantasy

Tetsuya Nomura promises to show the future soon. Hajime Tabata shows an otome Final Fantasy idea. And some speculation about a Final Fantasy Monsters game."

andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/ (http://andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/)

"At the Final Fantasy Gallery today, Square Enix held a stage titled The Future of Final Fantasy. The stage was actually a recording session for an upcoming Square Enix Channel radio broadcast which will air on September 13. It consisted of a series of questions, submitted by e-mail, and answered by some Final Fantasy VIPs.

The following members were in attendance.

<ul>
Hajime Tabata (director, The 3rd Birthday and Final Fantasy Type-0)
Naora Yusuke (art director)
Yoshihisa Hashimoto (Square Enix CTO)
Mitsunori Takahashi (director, Dissidia Final Fantasy)
Motomu Toriyama (director FFXIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns)
Isamu Kamikokuryo (art director, Lightning Returns)
[/list]

The first question asked about the possibility of a Final Fantasy Monsters, akin to Dragon Quest Monsters. Naora said that this is his 20th year at the company, and showed an image of some of the early sprite work for the series' monsters. Hashimoto showed some of the enemies from the recent Agnis Philosophy demo, adding that if they did make an FF Monsters using the latest technology, it could look like this. Takahashi gave a quick idea of possibly having Young Barret as a main character.

andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/2... (http://andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/246yr/)

andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/2... (http://andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/246ys/)

The next question was from a fan who, noting that most current FF games have a strong western or sci-fi image, suggested that it would perhaps be nice to make a Japanese-style FF. Naora agreed that a Japanese-style FF would be nice. Tabata went a bit further and actually showed image boards that they'd had artists make to show what a Japanese FF might look like. Even Isamu Kamikokuryo contributed to the brainstorming.

Unfortunately, the image boards were shown exclusively to the stage show's attendees and were blocked out from the Nico Nico viewing audience. You can see teeny-tiny versions in the viewfinder of the camera to the lower right (the cameraman quickly turned off the viewfinder):

andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/2... (http://andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/246yt/)

andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/2... (http://andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/246yu/)

After introducing a few images, Tabata said that he feels it would be nice to make a Japanese-style FF using the Agnis Philosophy visual quality.

The third question read, "I've never played the Final Fantasy series, but I think I'd like to play the series if you made an otome FF game." Yes, this did get some laughs, but Tabata apparently took the question very seriously and had his staff create an elaborate fake design document. You can see some images and details in this story (http://andriasang.com/con2jx/otome_final_fantasy/).

After Toriyama and Kamikokuryo took the stage, the MCs conducted a few surveys. They asked the panelists which job looked like it would be the most attractive -- ie, get the most girls, be the most successful, etc. Tabata responded "Soldier 1st," although he admitted that this isn't actually a job in the traditional sense of the series. Kamikokuryo responded with Final Fantasy XII's Sky Pirate. Hashimoto said Black Mage, and Takahashi said Thief.

andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/2... (http://andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/246zq/)

andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/2... (http://andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/246zr/)

For the audience, Knight was top with 20%, followed by white mage with 15%, and thief, black knight, bard, and ninja with 7.5%.

andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/2... (http://andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/246zs/)

The event closed off with a montage of clips from Visual Works, then some closing words from Tabata. Tabata mentioned Final Fantasy Versus XIII's development, then said "Tetsuya Nomura wanted to give the message that he'll soon show the future of Final Fantasy." It's unclear if Nomura's comment was in reference to Versus, or if he plans on showing something else shortly.

andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/2... (http://andriasang.com/con2jy/ff_future/images/246zt/) "

bingorip1
5th Oct 2012, 05:48
I am die hard final fantasy fan but what happen to it final fatasy 13 and 13-2 suck what happen to real summons and limits when u got hit enough ur chater would get mad now the graphics for 13 13-2 are good its just the game play and bring back the open would and airships cars side quests and make for the xbox 360 because thats what i own

SaintEthan
5th Oct 2012, 09:06
I agree that there needs to be a return to the "open world" with tons of hidden side quests and stuff. I disagree about putting it on the 360 though, I would like Square-Enix to take their time and build a massive game for the next generation of systems. In the meantime a Wii U exclusive would be great, not a crystal chronicles game but a real final fantasy game. You could have spells and special attacks on the touchscreen and a beautiful real-time battle happening on the screen with no hud. There are smarter people than me that can probably think of other great ways to utilize the touchscreen controller too.

member_10751449
5th Oct 2012, 11:01
I think the ff13-2 was great, but I start to wonder does Square Enix really need 2 flagships in the action rpg genre? We already have Kingdom Hearts and KH should stay a action rpg. Lightning returns isn't going to be a turn based jrpg, but a action rpg/adventure. For the most part though I really don't have a strong opinion on this. They are doing fine.

member_10571062
5th Oct 2012, 12:06
It'd just be nice if it wasn't terrible, like 10, 12 (not all of it, but most), 13, 13-2, 10-2, and 14. Just a thought.

layaj7133
5th Oct 2012, 15:48
It's simple...Square Enix needs new writers. The stories are complete garbage....10 thru 13-2 were horrible. The dialog itself made no sense at some point. The characters are too flat and I didn't care what happened to them. Like many people have said before...open world like previous FF's. Where is the charm that FF used to have? What happened to the deep characters? Ever since FF 10 all we got were a bunch of whiney, flat, annoying characters and plot lines that I didn't care for.

FF 4 & 7 was a success due to it's deep story lines and characters that everyone loved. Are they trying to tell me that Lighting was the best they could come up with? A chick with a flat attitude and always has this stoic look on her face (she might as well be best friends with Bella from Twilight).

In conclusion, they need to go back to what worked and stop with this nonsense that they got going on. Stop spending so much money on high quality SGI and spend a little more money on high quality writers.

alanman178
6th Oct 2012, 16:15
I remember a rep. from Square-Enix stating that it would take 2 to 3 times longer to remake the older games using today's technology. That just tells me that we're getting 1/3 to 1/2 of what we COULD be getting in a ff game these days. They need to back off from this "action/adventure" approach, and get back to the "open-world" look.

I know some people don't like "random encounters", but I think it's something they may have to go with in order to have enough room for an "open-world" approach. The 1st ELEVEN ff games (FF1 thru FF10-2) had random encounters. I don't remember anyone ever giving a ff game a lower score because of "random encounters". UNLESS, they were people who weren't really into rpgs. I think it's just the impatient people who complain about it. RPGs are definitely NOT for impatient people. lol

Personally, I miss being able to freely travel via land, sea, and air. I know there are a lot of other people who miss that as well. The ff games have gone from the size of "full-course meals" to the size of "appetizers". Is 1/3 to 1/2 of what we COULD be getting acceptable? Not for me. It boggles my mind that there are so many people accepting this. I would wait 5 or 6, or however many years it takes, to get a vast and epic ff game. I highly doubt that 15 or 20 years from now FF13 and 13-2 will be remembered like FF1-9 were. Let's hope FF15 can be remembered as the greatest come-back in FF history.

CPancer
6th Oct 2012, 16:52
I think this thread just won the nobel prize for being the most poorly titled, not to mention there are other threads discussing this.

You guys call these titles you speak of as minimal effort? Well, think about it this way. How easy do you think it is to produce open world type of games? Do you really think it takes just 2-3 years? I mean especially with the new graphics and whatnot? It's no thanks to complainers like you who expect a quickler release date that these game developers are basically running short of what they can really offer...it's not easy to work with the graphics they have out now, there has to be a very high quality level of detail in each little thing and that alone makes it extremely difficult to process. As far as storyline I do find the quality of these very good and each one is equally strong. I can easily say you all just appreciate the old school dialogue of things...can you imagine how much script reading it would take to remake the older Final Fantasy titles? you're expections exceed what is necessary of these titles in my opinion. You guys simply don't appreciate a linear concept of a game...but like most of the forum members have explained a linear title is always better because you can really focus on the storyline a lot more.

It's ok though, it's not like your whining will get you anywhere. I can for one appreciate these titles and see the good quality of them, unlike any of you, no offense.

Seriously though, alexander? I know you're new here but did you ever care to look to see if there was a relevant post regarding this already made? And I think you really need to re-read some of your wording...there's only so much incorrect spelling I can handle and I can easily say that you're is the most difficult to put together.

Matthewicus-436342
6th Oct 2012, 17:43
Do not release it with the could save system. No launcher. Although this experience has taught me to never ever buy another anything from Square Enix ever again , i hope that they realise that online for an offline game is a bad idea.

member_10758057
6th Oct 2012, 18:52
What Square Enix should really do is go back to the epic style story lines that they had with Final Fantasy III, IV, V, VI, and even VII. What they have done is allowed sparkly and shiny graphics to take over as the series signature. Yes, the new games look pretty - and the battle system for XIII was good; though the treatment of summons was deplorable - but the storylines for them are completely straight forward - in some cases, even to the point of railroading you down the line.

They should take a page from EA and the Dragon Age and Mass Effect franchises, or even from the Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - create an epic storyline where the players have a choice in how things go, how they treat their companions, and whether they want to be 'good' guys or 'anti-heros' or whatever.

And for the gods sake - give the games a MAIN character. One. Singular. Involve the other characters in their life, in their story.

That's my opinion, humble as I get, I suppose.

BlackCat

ashes_to_midgar
6th Oct 2012, 19:15
What's wrong with a cast of main characters? You say you want variety and an epic storyline but it can only narrowly and single mindedly follow one character? Some of the most interesting works of literature show the viewpoints of multiple characters.

Dragon Age and Mass-Effect can be beaten in a couple of days. Please, Square Enix stay way from EA.

member_10758057
6th Oct 2012, 20:19
I'm not saying that they should take the storylines from Mass Effect or Dragon Age - I'm just talking about the element of choice that's put into the games. I agree, regarding the amount of time taken to complete the games.

What I want from Square Enix is to play something like the Final Fantasy games of old - Epic storylines about kings and queens and empires and wars, and so on and so forth - but not with the narrow, railroaded storylines that get more and more esoteric with each game. Final Fantasy XII - the so-called main character wasn't even necessary to the story. He was a witnress and a bystander, more than anything else.

I don't have a problem really with a cast of main characters, but there needs to be a sense of cohesion to them... some interactions that go beyond the simple - really should have the assistance of a mage, go see this old man on the hill, etc etc.

In my opinion, there's something that's just been missing from the last couple of games. Like I said - I like the new battle system, but there needs to be a better treatment of the summons. The graphics have been top notch, but the storylines have just been getting weaker and weaker in recent entries to the series. FF-XIII had some improvements to the story compared to XII and X and X-2, but it's not enough. It feels like they're philosophizing with their stories - warring against Fate, etc - rather than the medievil fantasy adventures.

I'm not saying my ideas are the right ones - I just miss the old games. I'll still play the new ones, but I'm just as likely to go back and play some of the originals - even with the lesser graphics.

I think that the series should go back to their roots of epic fantasy and adventure, something that I think that could be done amazingly well with the new graphics and the ability to create truly open worlds. And as I said - I'm not suggesting that they adopt the abbreviated story lines of Dragon Age or Mass Effect, only the characters abilities to make choices that affect the world around them.

BlackCat

alanman178
6th Oct 2012, 20:57
I think this thread just won the nobel prize for being the most poorly titled, not to mention there are other threads discussing this.

You guys call these titles you speak of as minimal effort? Well, think about it this way. How easy do you think it is to produce open world type of games? Do you really think it takes just 2-3 years? I mean especially with the new graphics and whatnot? It's no thanks to complainers like you who expect a quickler release date that these game developers are basically running short of what they can really offer...it's not easy to work with the graphics they have out now, there has to be a very high quality level of detail in each little thing and that alone makes it extremely difficult to process. As far as storyline I do find the quality of these very good and each one is equally strong. I can easily say you all just appreciate the old school dialogue of things...can you imagine how much script reading it would take to remake the older Final Fantasy titles? you're expections exceed what is necessary of these titles in my opinion. You guys simply don't appreciate a linear concept of a game...but like most of the forum members have explained a linear title is always better because you can really focus on the storyline a lot more.

It's ok though, it's not like your whining will get you anywhere. I can for one appreciate these titles and see the good quality of them, unlike any of you, no offense.

Seriously though, alexander? I know you're new here but did you ever care to look to see if there was a relevant post regarding this already made? And I think you really need to re-read some of your wording...there's only so much incorrect spelling I can handle and I can easily say that you're is the most difficult to put together.

So, what should Square-Enix do with the next one? If they stay on their current path, then we should expect a lesser game. How many games in the ff "series" have you played? If you've played even half of them, then you should at least understand our points of view. If it takes 6 years to get things right, then so be it. If Square-Enix would stop spreading themselves so thin with multiple projects, it may only take them about 4 or 5 years to build an epic ff game that people would remember for decades.

Look at what happened with those "Dragon Age" games. I thought the 2nd one was "ok", but I completely understand why many people were angry. Now, think about how they would feel if that happened after NINE titles. FF9 was the last game in the series that allowed people to freely travel via land, sea, and air. It had been in the series for 13 years. Back then, I never imagined that Square would make the changes they've made since FF9.

For me, FF10 was the 1st game I felt "limited" in. I didn't "hate" the game. I thought it had more pros than cons. I didn't like not being able to travel an "open-world", and I just couldn't stand Tidus. I remember when I found out FF10 was in development. The 1st thing I thought about was the world map. I was looking forward to traveling that "next gen" "open-world". That was the 1st time I had felt any kind of disappointment in a ff game. I remember when I reached the "Archylte Steppe" in FF13. My very 1st thought was, "Oh! The Calm Lands!" lol

I think the next ff game should offer an "open-world" with more things to do. This series isn't a series of movies. It's a series of rpg games. Therefore, it needs to offer more than just a story. I'm not trying to defend 1 or 2 games here. I'm trying to defend an entire series. I'm worried about it. I wouldn't be posting in here if I didn't care. I'm 36-years-old. I've been playing ff games since I was 14. I was 25 the 1st time I had felt any disappointment in a ff game. I, along with many others, had learned to expect some changes here and there. But, some of those changes after FF9 were unexpected. I'll stop here. This post is getting too long. lol I just wish people would focus more on the game and the company, rather than criticizing others.

ashes_to_midgar
8th Oct 2012, 00:03
The Final Fantasy series has always been great a reinventing itself. The primary medium of exploration - the "world map" was becoming a little cheap and outdated in an age of increasingly open-world rpgs like Morrowind, KOTR, etc. Since FF games have never really been bilboard games for massive open-world exploration, they begun to focus more on what they always did push the boundaries of - graphics, story, and battle system. They simply adapted to a changing world, carving their own niche instead of trying to compete with games like Mass Effect and Skyrim, which are totally different kinds of RPGs.

Then alot of longtime fans cried hard and the result was XIII-2, a game that did try to compete with those games, and failed imo.

Yelvon
8th Oct 2012, 01:56
It's obviously not Motomu Toriyama who has been busy directing XIII and its two spinoffs.

The two most likey candidates:

- Yoshinori Kitase (VII & VIII)
- Hiroyuki Ito (VI, XI, & XII)

While I would wish it was Ito, I look forward to seeing someone new direct a final fantasy game who has worked throughout the series.

Yelvon
8th Oct 2012, 02:18
I agree and disagree with some assertions made in here. One can only hope SE is reading these type of threads.

But there is nothing wrong with a linear game, FFX proved this to me. XIII had different problems, like the lack of anything to do but story mode til the end of the game and evan that was lacking.

Insanesanity
8th Oct 2012, 04:05
Square-Enix, If you ever read this I do appreciate what you are trying to do with the real time graphics and real time stories (Agni's Philosophy). To be quite honest, to me, Final Fantasy has been an escapist paradise... It is the reason I have played Final Fantasy and RPG's to begin with, whether it be Final Fantasy, Starcraft, Warcraft or any other RPG. Till this day I still love Chrono Cross, I shall play that game over, over and over again. I understand how you are trying enfrachise, I also know Im just another fanboy but as an RPG and an escapist I believe you should stick to what Final Fantasy, maybe, created for me... escapism, real time is fine, trust me I've been to Iraq (Friend me on Facebook, Eric P, United States Army). Real time is fine, as long as you stick to an escapist world, it's what it was all about to me... and while it is a different generation, look at Zelda, you can still be a fantasy. I love you guys, Im sure you can revamp and still stick to your roots. You changed my life, please do not take the Fantasy away from Final Fantasy...

Eric Perez

Insanesanity
8th Oct 2012, 04:06
Square-Enix, If you ever read this I do appreciate what you are trying to do with the real time graphics and real time stories (Agni's Philosophy). To be quite honest, to me, Final Fantasy has been an escapist paradise... It is the reason I have played Final Fantasy and RPG's to begin with, whether it be Final Fantasy, Starcraft, Warcraft or any other RPG. Till this day I still love Chrono Cross, I shall play that game over, over and over again. I understand how you are trying enfrachise, I also know Im just another fanboy but as an RPG and an escapist I believe you should stick to what Final Fantasy, maybe, created for me... escapism, real time is fine, trust me I've been to Iraq (Friend me on Facebook, Eric P, United States Army). Real time is fine, as long as you stick to an escapist world, it's what it was all about to me... and while it is a different generation, look at Zelda, you can still be a fantasy. I love you guys, Im sure you can revamp and still stick to your roots. You changed my life, please do not take the Fantasy away from Final Fantasy...

Eric Perez

Insanesanity
8th Oct 2012, 04:22
[quote author=192160139 post=524879103]

Eric Perez

I wish you were like Ellen Degeneres!!!!

Insanesanity
8th Oct 2012, 04:23
I wish you were like Ellen Degeneres!!

Insanesanity
8th Oct 2012, 04:31

Eric Perez

I wish you were like Ellen Degeneres!!!!

FatSqueek
8th Oct 2012, 14:10
I think it'd be Ito. Kitase has been a producer for so long, I don't see why he'd stop.

vitornavarrete
8th Oct 2012, 14:25
I think it'd be Ito. Kitase has been a producer for so long, I don't see why he'd stop.

This.

Also, maybe Ito, but maybe someone new. I would be open for that. Maybe they will give Tabata a shot on home consoles.

member_10628951
8th Oct 2012, 14:39
Tabata would be an awesome choice. He is a great director.

Tabata would be my next choice if Versus XIII hasnt become XV in which case I would want Nomura to keep directing that game.

Asuha
9th Oct 2012, 01:21
Ideally? Hiroyuki Itou.

CPancer
9th Oct 2012, 09:17

So, what should Square-Enix do with the next one? If they stay on their current path, then we should expect a lesser game. How many games in the ff "series" have you played? If you've played even half of them, then you should at least understand our points of view. If it takes 6 years to get things right, then so be it. If Square-Enix would stop spreading themselves so thin with multiple projects, it may only take them about 4 or 5 years to build an epic ff game that people would remember for decades.

Look at what happened with those "Dragon Age" games. I thought the 2nd one was "ok", but I completely understand why many people were angry. Now, think about how they would feel if that happened after NINE titles. FF9 was the last game in the series that allowed people to freely travel via land, sea, and air. It had been in the series for 13 years. Back then, I never imagined that Square would make the changes they've made since FF9.

For me, FF10 was the 1st game I felt "limited" in. I didn't "hate" the game. I thought it had more pros than cons. I didn't like not being able to travel an "open-world", and I just couldn't stand Tidus. I remember when I found out FF10 was in development. The 1st thing I thought about was the world map. I was looking forward to traveling that "next gen" "open-world". That was the 1st time I had felt any kind of disappointment in a ff game. I remember when I reached the "Archylte Steppe" in FF13. My very 1st thought was, "Oh! The Calm Lands!" lol

I think the next ff game should offer an "open-world" with more things to do. This series isn't a series of movies. It's a series of rpg games. Therefore, it needs to offer more than just a story. I'm not trying to defend 1 or 2 games here. I'm trying to defend an entire series. I'm worried about it. I wouldn't be posting in here if I didn't care. I'm 36-years-old. I've been playing ff games since I was 14. I was 25 the 1st time I had felt any disappointment in a ff game. I, along with many others, had learned to expect some changes here and there. But, some of those changes after FF9 were unexpected. I'll stop here. This post is getting too long. lol I just wish people would focus more on the game and the company, rather than criticizing others.

Times have changed, and so have the series. You suggest that Square Enix doesn't put in the same amount of effort due to other release titles when that's completely false. You simply choose not to accept change in a series that was long due a change to begin with in my opinion, deal with it.

If open-world is the only thing you have in your defence to what these titles are missing then I do truly pity you. I think X, XII & XIII had some of the best combat system, storylines & characters to be offered in the Final Fantasy genre. Maybe you should just play WoW & The Elder Scrolls....games that offer open world but lack even an interesting storyline....a game by Americans for Americans.

member_10628951
9th Oct 2012, 12:38
Wow Colten, can't even take criticisms. He was just saying his opinion and offering suggestion for what Square can do next.

CPancer
9th Oct 2012, 12:51
Wow Colten, can't even take criticisms. He was just saying his opinion and offering suggestion for what Square can do next.

PshycoNinja, speak for yourself. You're no better than any of these other forum members, including myself, Get over it.

member_10628951
9th Oct 2012, 13:14
I am willing to accept any constructive criticisms of Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts. That's what this member was doing. Constructive criticism. As a game developer it doesn't help me when people just bash and don't offer solutions but it also doesn't help me when people just love the game to no end and offer me nothing to help make my next game better. Sure it feels nice when people love my game but it also doesn't help me much either. Offering suggestions on what I can do better helps me more than having people blindly loving my game and offering no constructive criticism to help me make my next game better.

CPancer
9th Oct 2012, 13:24
I am willing to accept any constructive criticisms of Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts. That's what this member was doing. Constructive criticism. As a game developer it doesn't help me when people just bash and don't offer solutions but it also doesn't help me when people just love the game to no end and offer me nothing to help make my next game better. Sure it feels nice when people love my game but it also doesn't help me much either. Offering suggestions on what I can do better helps me more than having people blindly loving my game and offering no constructive criticism to help me make my next game better.

If you accept criticisms then why do you keep posting this crap?

Idea to help boost sales for Lightning Returns (/go/thread/view/139235/29422471/Idea_to_help_boost_sales_for_Lightning_Returns)

Replaying XIII and XIII-2 (/go/thread/view/139235/29375243/Replaying_XIII_and_XIII-2)

Deeply concerned about Final Fantasy Versus XIII (/go/thread/view/139235/29386919/Deeply_concerned_about_Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII)

^

This is just begging to be critisized PshycoNinja, this is a forum after all. All of them relate to the one thing you so desperating seek agreement on, I tell you that Versus XIII will not be a PS3 released title but you aren't pretty open about it when I speak of it.

member_10628951
9th Oct 2012, 13:58
1) the middle link? I was replaying XIII and XIII-2. No mention of Versus in the post. Your criticizing my post not games. I talk about games, you simply talk about my posts. I am certainly open to the idea but you always say it like its an absolute. That kind of closemindedness is what makes me disagree with you more often then not. That's like me saying that LR will be a PS4 game. That's simply not the case. It's speculative on your part. I deal in facts and majority opinion. You deal in personal opinion and speculation. There is a big difference. Let the member say what they want. If its strait bashing I can understand but he is offering solutions and suggestions. Like many people here are doing.

TravisB
9th Oct 2012, 18:02
dimensions looks like it will scratch the old school itch...http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

TravisB
9th Oct 2012, 18:09
@colten

have you made it your lifes ambition to be a cyber bully?

it would appear that you have.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

alanman178
9th Oct 2012, 18:11
I just hope there are lots of things to do in the next ff. Card games, chocobo racing, snowboarding, jigsaw puzzles, SOMETHING. lol I've never really had any major issues with the stories. As for the "open-world" in ff games: In the beginning, it was FF1's open world that impressed me the most. I couldn't believe how vast it was. I liked the worlds more and more as the series progressed.

As technology improved, so did the open world. The "open-world" design had survived through 3 generations of consoles over an 11-year period. "Square" had decided to change things. It wasn't "technology" that held them back. If anyone reads about the history of the series, they will see this. Square simply removed the "open-world" because, they wanted to do it. So, for the next one, I'd like to see an "open-world" along with lots of extras. I'm sure Square-Enix will eventually get back to making games that will be loved for decades to come. I'm certainly not going to dump the company just because I don't like a few of their games. They made my favorite game of all time after all.

TravisB
9th Oct 2012, 18:17
@alanman178

i agree with that.i would like to see more mini-games that actually affect gameplay.

blitzball!!

CPancer
11th Oct 2012, 09:57
1) the middle link? I was replaying XIII and XIII-2. No mention of Versus in the post. Your criticizing my post not games. I talk about games, you simply talk about my posts. I am certainly open to the idea but you always say it like its an absolute. That kind of closemindedness is what makes me disagree with you more often then not. That's like me saying that LR will be a PS4 game. That's simply not the case. It's speculative on your part. I deal in facts and majority opinion. You deal in personal opinion and speculation. There is a big difference. Let the member say what they want. If its strait bashing I can understand but he is offering solutions and suggestions. Like many people here are doing.

PshycoNinja,

The member who posted this thread didn't even care to look to see if other threads were available that were relative to what he wanted to talk about. If more moderators were around i'm sure they would be courteous to merge his post into the similar thread and not waste up forum space.

Basically PshycoNinja, no matter how you try to change the subject, you still go on talking about Versus XIII like it's the holy grail of the series, and totally bashing on the XIII series, even in the most subtle way possible. Call me a cyber bully, I don't care, i'm quite sure I haven't emotionally scarred the person who posted this thread so I again, I don't care.

I just think these developers and their facts involving the game are to just simply get you to be hyped over nothing...I mean, the Versus material in my opinion is already dated as it is, they've been running the same bull$%!& material since 2006 and all of you are already praising it like it's the only thing you have to live for. And for all these people who say they should be open world? I actually just realized, isn't that what XI and XVI are for?

PshycoNinja, What would your reaction be if you had played the game and you didn't like it? And forgive me for getting off topic here completely with this but i'm just dying to know.

ashes_to_midgar
11th Oct 2012, 11:53
No one buys FF games for the snowboarding :\

alanman178
11th Oct 2012, 13:12
@Colten- "And for all these people who say they should be open world? I actually just realized, isn't that what XI and XVI are for?"

XI and XIV are MMORPGs. They're in a slightly different genre than the rest of the series. The 1st 9 ff games had open worlds, and none of them were MMORPGs. Also, to correct an earlier post of mine, the series had survived through 3 generations of consoles over a "14"-year period with the open-world style. The series had established itself with this style and sense of tradition in those 1st nine games. It's no surprise to me why people want to have that style back. Square didn't go away from the open-world style because of "popular demand" or "limited technology". They simply chose to do it. That's a fact. Look it up if you don't believe me.

The best way I can describe today's single-player ff games is, "they're prettier and smaller". I'm not saying that Square-Enix doesn't work hard on their projects. It's what they choose to work with that bugs me. Personally, I'm hoping they get back to that style that made them popular in the 1st place.

alanman178
11th Oct 2012, 13:14

Dangit, Ashes! lol I was just using those older mini-games as examples. :P

Grimoire
11th Oct 2012, 14:14

Incorrect. The FFVII Snowboarding minigame was released for mobile phones as a stand-alone feature several years ago.

ashes_to_midgar
11th Oct 2012, 15:28
Still that would merely be a stand-alone snowboarding game for the cell-phone. I meant that, while maybe it was like icing on the cake, no one bought FFVII just to score a road-rage rip-off, a snowboarding minigame, and a tactical submarine minigame.

Eurydemus001
2nd Nov 2012, 21:31
What they need to do is create a game like FFI,FFII, FFVII or FFVIII where it's in an open world and you're free to roam dispite what's going on in the main story. They need to stop with this linear style of gameplay where you're stuck on this narrow path where you can't outlevel the monsters around you. I'd even be satisfied with another game like FFX. Just not another overkill of cut-scenes.

I think we need something similar to FF7 and FF8 to keep us satisfied. We need a system like Materia or Junctions and the freedom to level and max our stats like the good old games.

krijn.vanalten
3rd Jan 2013, 06:17
What do you think, might 2013 be the year with the first bit of

Final Fantasy XV information?

Grimoire
3rd Jan 2013, 06:23
[What would you like to see in Final Fantasy XV? (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29488919/What_would_you_like_to_see_in_Final_Fantasy_XV)]

krijn.vanalten
3rd Jan 2013, 07:02
This is what an insider told end 2011:

<ul>
Including the concept planning and pre-production phase, the game has already been in development for over 4 years.
It entered full production in January 2010, a month after FFXIII was released in Japan. Since then it has had a development team of just over 200 people.
The director is the same person who directed FFVI, FFIX and FFXII. [Hiroyuki Ito]
The co-director led a small part of the development team to make Tactics Ogre for the PSP in parallel with FFXV. He's currently multi-tasking as lead UI designer of FFXIV 2.0 and co-director of FFXV. [Hiroshi Minagawa]
The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII.
The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd-filled cities on par with Assassin's Creed.
The battle system now allows you to target different parts of an enemy's body like in Vagrant Story.
Yoichi Wada (president of Square Enix) wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that surpasses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. He also wants the game to surpass FFVII in worldwide sales and critical reception.
[/list]

I like the idea of a skyrim world and the fact that the FF XII team is behind it.

Asuha
3rd Jan 2013, 16:34
Sorry to disappoint, but that rumor was proven false.

Exentryk
3rd Jan 2013, 17:31
One step at a time. Let SE Japan release their currently announced games first.

Having said that, SE will be showing something using Agni's Philosophy tech at E3 2013. Maybe that will be FFXV?

In XV:

1. I do not want Toriyama anywhere near that project, or any other Final Fantasy for that matter.

2. I'd like to see a huge explorable world like Xenoblade Chronicles.

3. I would like them to concentrate on the narrative, and not rely on datalogs for the story.

4. Offer Japanese audio with English subtitles for all their western releases (US, Europe, Australia etc). LR is doing so with the Asian version of the game.

5. Bring some humor back into Final Fantasy. The older games were so great with their little sprites having comic emotions. I feel FFs have lost some of that when they got to HD.

A general comment for Square Enix Japan regarding Sequels:

Making Sequels is going to be on the rise given the cost of HD development, and that much is a given now. But Final Fantasy has always been about change and progress. If a person doesn't like a particular FF, he can just wait for the next numbered title. But with sequels, people are trapped with sequels upon sequels of the same world and characters. People lose interest, and is affecting the Final Fantasy brand in general.

So, prioritize numbered Final Fantasies so they come out every ~2 years (if not sooner), while the sequels work around them.

krijn.vanalten
3rd Jan 2013, 17:49
Of course I knew it was a rumor. But still, i think that it is quite plausible that the original FF XII team is behind FF XV now:

FF X team> FF XIII
FF XI team> FFXIV (and ARR)

FF VII Crisis Core team> FF Type-0

Kingdom Hearts II team>FF Versus XIII

So the old FF XII team is the only team with 'nothing to do' on the moment.

And I'n excited about that, because personaly I think FF XII is one of the best games SE ever made.

Secondly, I also believe that XV is already in developement. FF XII development in 2001, 3 years before announcement

and FF XIII in 2004, 2 years before announcement.

And last, I think an announcement of FF XV this year is very possible as well. Especially the last year wasn't a realy geat year

for the FF series, with a lot criticism from fans and journalists. What can you beter do than give them some hope with a brand new

game? Besides that, these days it is quite normal to announce a mainstream FF title some years before its release.

This is my hope for the comming years:

2013:

a western release of Type-0

a worldwide release of FF LR

More info on Versus

A first bit of info around XV

Versus

more info on XV

release XV

krijn.vanalten
3rd Jan 2013, 18:02
Hey Eternal, I agree with you on many points, however:

-I don't think Agni's Philosophy isn't FF XV. I know they said we

will see it again in 2013 in some form, but i think that is just to

show the power of the PS4 (and maybe the Xbox 720).

-It is very likely that after finishing LR Toriyama will start on another

FF poject. No XV, but maybe XVI or even XVII, so I don't think you will get

rid of him any time soon, unfortunately.

Exentryk
3rd Jan 2013, 18:19
Yeah! XV is most likely not Agni's Philosophy, as Hiroyuki Ito may very well be working on it. I still have doubts as to how far they would have gotten, given the resources that were pooled into XIV.

Also, I don't want to have another Versus on our hands, as in, they announce XV and take another 5+ years to release.

I know we are stuck with Toriyama. Hopefully the lack of LR sales gives Wada a hint. As long as Toriyama stays away from the story, it can work.

krijn.vanalten
3rd Jan 2013, 18:33
Don't forget that Toriyama is also one of the persons behind the stroy of FF X, so not everything he creates is garbage!

Exentryk
3rd Jan 2013, 18:39
FFX Writer(s):

Kazushige Nojima
(main scenario writer)
Daisuke Watanabe
(scenario writer)
Motomu Toriyama
(scenario editor)
Yoshinori Kitase
(scenario supervisor)

Toriyama was only a scenario editor. Nojima wrote the main story. He is also writing for Versus. ;]

GamersGlory
8th Jan 2013, 23:46
What I'm hoping for what this game will be like with my 12 essentiels:

1. Pick a theme for the game. Being "Betrayal" "Love" or "Revenge" plus many more themes if you put thought into it.

2. Story is important keep it simple and don't throw any complicated plot twist which doesn't make any sense.

3. Pick a Villian or have a few. These people have to be complete utter "Censored" if you know what I mean. To make you want to play more to find out their motives.

4. Gameplay/battle system. I liked Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy IV. I want the game to be a throw back to the good old days. Having the Final Fantasy X's battle system but, with Final Fantasy IV's ATB being like enemies can attack you even though your choosing your next attack. They say that the gameplay has to evolve. I say if it ain't broken then don't fix it.

5. Have a world map that you could explore. I loved that in Final Fantasy 1 through 9. the airships were awesome and loved flying through the sky.

6. Characters. The main character has to look cool and act decent. Don't make him look ridiculous and make an emo cry baby please. Have a small cast of characters. Three people in a battle, I ask for six characters in the game. Four chacaters in a battle, eight characters in the game. I had that problem in final fantasy VI too many characters. I like my characters to be interesting and not have some lame backstory for the reason that their there.

7. Sidequests. I like Final Fantasy VII chocobo Breeding and Racing. I like chocobo hot n' cold in Final Fantasy IX. I like hidden dongeons for super weapons and armor. Super Bosses are a must. I personally woun't mind an item exchange sidequest.

8. Ability, Magic, and Summon system. Please don't make up spell with the word dra, ga, ja. they don't make any sense please don't use them. the ability system in final fantasy IX was good. Learning spell as you level from final fantasy IV was good. I personlly wouldn't mind to buy spells and the more you use them they level up. I like that in Final Fantasy II. I don't mind new summons as long there is some classic like ifrit, shiva, and ramuh. bahamut is essential please.

9. traditional leveling system. Final Fantasy IX and VII did this right please bring back the leveling system.

10. Exploration. As long there is towns and villages to go into shops and talk to interesting people. I wouldn't mind having some hidden town and villages to the game as long have have some legendary shops or key items to continue with the story.

11. Every game should always have a Cid as long they have a small or big part of any final fantasy game.

12. Chocobos, Moogles, and an interesting race. Chocobo's please reread 7. Moogles I always thought they would be good shop keepers and send you on quests/fetchquests. Mognet should not be in the game unless it's just a few things do not make it into the maincore of a game. there's been verious races in every final fantasy game and I look forward them in every game.

zerodivide
9th Jan 2013, 03:26
I think at the absolutely earliest it&rsquo;s gonna be 2015 before we even hear anything on Final Fantasy XV. I don&rsquo;t expect to see any actual media on it till well after that as well. Here's what I&rsquo;d like to see though:

1. Original fanfare music. It seems so small but it really makes Final Fantasy feel like a Final Fantasy. It always built anticipation of the new FF to hear it&rsquo;s new style of fanfare music. Hearing it made that mental connection of &ldquo;ah yes, the new Final Fantasy is here.&rdquo; Suddenly that was taken away though and that&rsquo;s not a good thing. I liked the way this was done in the Type-0 demo where it plays after leveling. Only using it for winning a mini game or something is not gonna cut it. I admire changing things up to stay with the times. This is something that has no reason to change though.

2. Better than FF13 dialog in the localization. I know that being polite and respectful is valued a lot more in Japanese culture than it is in the west, but mature dialog makes it a lot easier for westerns to take the game seriously. One of the edges that wrpgs have over jrpgs is that the characters speak like how people actually talk in our real lives (profanity, raunchy jokes, etc). If the game is a middle evil setting though, Final Fantasy XII localization was flawless. Meet that quality.

3. Biggs and Wedge incarnations.

4. Weapons like Omega / Diamond / Ruby Weapons. Omega in FF13-2 was lame. I should feel sheer intimidation when battling an optional weapon like I did with Emerald in FF7. Story integrated weapons are also a good idea. Perhaps a new series of them based on something like planets. &ldquo;Venus Weapon&rdquo; doesn&rsquo;t sound too bad.

5. Mini games that are actually part of the story. A serendipity-like game center is not that interesting by itself - especially when what&rsquo;s done there barely helps you in the game. Having mini games that are actually an integral part of the story and plot (like final fantasy 7/10) is far more effective. Of course a way to revisit the mini game is important too. Multiplayer functionality for mini games is good idea as well. I drool at the thought of multiplayer blitz ball. All it takes is a single simple multiplayer mini game and people would be more willing to buy the game because they know they&rsquo;ll keep playing it well after the story.

6. Characters need more &ldquo;individuality&rdquo; in the battle system. By this I mean more things need to be unique to individual characters. Having certain characters be better at certain roles is fine and all. But I should really feel like when I have character A in battle that only this character can do XYZ and taking advantage of their specific techniques/abilities is a big part of my strategy.

7. Better seamless integration between battling, story events, and regular environments. I like having a specific &ldquo;battle tune&rdquo; play while I&rsquo;m fighting and want that tune to be Blinded by Light level quality. But it would better if the transition between battling, story event, and the standard environment was more integrated Xenoblade style. This is especially important with boss battles. I think FF10 did a good job at integrating boss battles well with the system it had in place. Battling Sin on the boat to Kilika in FF10 was extremely memorable and well done. Environmental interactions in the middle of battle is a huge plus.

8. Plot integrated battle arena with multiplayer and a way to win/trade meaningful spoils/gear/items. FF13-2 battle arena was a step with the ability to score good crystals. The arena&rsquo;s of 7/10 was integrated in the plot of the game far better though.

9. Summons need to be useful and interesting. They were not in FF13. I personally liked FF8 take on building up your summon.

10. A new take on limit breaks.

11. Massive and explorable world where every location is revistable. Assassin Creed like platforming in the world needs to become standard.

I don&rsquo;t mind sequels given the cost of HD game development. I would much rather have shorter quality games with little to no story filler content and plenty of extras that don&rsquo;t &ldquo;feel&rdquo; like added on extras just to have them. I despise filler content that&rsquo;s there just to stretch things out, especially with the story. I&rsquo;d much rather focus on the story when I want to and have the ability to do the extras (which relate to the story but aren&rsquo;t essential) at my own pace.

As long as the saga for each numbered title is planned out well I&rsquo;d be perfectly happy to experience the entirety of the story across multiple games (with shorter release cycles).

moooka
9th Jan 2013, 09:43
I want XV to have a big world and a dark story!

Salience
12th Jan 2013, 15:53
The reason this ppst isn't in FFXIII and FXIII-2 discussion is because I'm also directing this towards the future of Final Fantasy in general. Also, this isn' t just about Final Fantasy, but it seems that the new games are incorporating this, and Square Enix might continue to place these in their RPG games, and I want to know if I am the only one who doesn' t like this.

Okay, this futuristic RPG style is fine and all, but all the guns are really starting to ruin the ganeplay of them in general. Am I the only person who enjoys the sword and shield and magic aspect of RPGs and is really getting annoyed with the guns aspect? I feel as if they' re almost defeating the purpose of an RPG game. Am I the only one?

Cloudpaiva
12th Jan 2013, 16:06
I saw a lot of "Rpg games" looking like a FPS game. *cough*Mass Effect*cough*

Zanthalas
12th Jan 2013, 17:06
You're not the only one. I'm really aching for a return to a more classic RPG setting with a focus on an exciting story and a little bit less on social/inner turmoil amongst the characters.

MagiusNecros
12th Jan 2013, 18:28
Bravely Default would be the game for you.

alanman178
12th Jan 2013, 18:45
For me, the guns thing is just a tiny issue compared to how much SE has altered the entire series over the last 12 years or so. They've exchanged the "expansive world" approach for a more compact "Stage-by-stage" approach. As an "RPG Gamer", this has bugged me for a long time. There have been more things taken away from the series than the amount of new things that have been added since FF10. There isn't much "RPG" left in the series anymore.

I've stated this in these forums many times already, but SE has been trying to "re-invent" the series with EVERY SINGLE GAME since FF10. FF's 1-9 were never this up and down. I, along with many others, were able to adjust to the changes made back then. Now, we're having to take a back-seat to the "Casual Gamer". Personally, I'm giving SE one last chance with the FF series. That chance being FF15. Not "Lightning Returns". If FF15 ends up being another "Action/Adventure", I believe that will be enough for me to stop. I've been collecting the numbered series since 1990. I never thought I'd ever become so upset over freakin' video games. lol Oh well.

Salience
12th Jan 2013, 22:53
Alanman, everything you said is in conplete alighnment with my own thoughts. I really enjoyed FFXII, to be honest, but my best friend and I have both said exactly what you just said; "I am giving Square Enix one last shot at the FF series, before I am done buying the games." I really haven't seen what I want to see in FF games for years now, and I am starting to wonder if it is worth it. Although, FFXIV: ARR looks like an MMO I would play, as I also very much enjoy that aspect.

For some reason, though, the gun thing has gotten to me most of all. This has bothered me beyond beleif, and not just with FF, but even Tales games are joining the fray. What's next? Is the next Elder Scrolls going to be set in 2055 with laser weapons? I miss old FF games, and old RPGs in general. I really hope they can revert back to their old methods.

Nerdygamer91
13th Jan 2013, 00:46
Alanman, everything you said is in conplete alighnment with my own thoughts. I really enjoyed FFXII, to be honest, but my best friend and I have both said exactly what you just said; "I am giving Square Enix one last shot at the FF series, before I am done buying the games." I really haven't seen what I want to see in FF games for years now, and I am starting to wonder if it is worth it. Although, FFXIV: ARR looks like an MMO I would play, as I also very much enjoy that aspect.

For some reason, though, the gun thing has gotten to me most of all. This has bothered me beyond beleif, and not just with FF, but even Tales games are joining the fray. What's next? Is the next Elder Scrolls going to be set in 2055 with laser weapons? I miss old FF games, and old RPGs in general. I really hope they can revert back to their old methods.

i also agree with alanman couldnt say it better mysaelf

moooka
13th Jan 2013, 01:00
I actually think the setting doesn't have to be the same in Final Fantasy games everytime. It can be past, modern, or futuristic. It's not like the Dragon Quest series where the setting has to be the same (castles and stuff).

Salience
13th Jan 2013, 01:02
I wonder if there' s a way to get SE's attention and see ifbwe can get results. I really do not want to see FF become a series I stop playing after so many dedicated years.

And, I have no problem with the futuristic aspect, I just think that the combat dinamic of guns ruins what they have had for so long.

alanman178
13th Jan 2013, 14:20
Another thing that bugs me is even with the route the RPG Genre has taken recently, I can still name a bunch of titles that put the recent FF games to shame.

Here are some of those "RPG" titles just since 2009(And just the NA releases):

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Demon's Souls

Dark Souls

Dragon Age: Origins

White Knight Chronicles

White Knight Chronicles 2

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Dragon's Dogma

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Tales of Graces f

These games are FAR beyond FF13 and 13-2 in respect to "today's" RPG Genre. I think it's funny when I read posts about how SE is just trying to adapt to today's gamers and the "economy". lol Whatever gets you through the game.

FatSqueek
13th Jan 2013, 18:09
Tales of Graces f

lol

Hasteintime@Gmail.com
13th Jan 2013, 19:56
@alanman178:

Okay, I got major gripes with EA but that dont stop me from playing and enjoying Mass Effect & on the flip side DAO really took the wind out of my sales, the game is buggy as hell even after those "fix" patches. DA2 also was terrible I hear but I'm still pissed I cant complete the first one beacuse of some retarded loading/auto-save glitch. It's almost like that if I want to play an EA game all the way through, I have to wait for them to patch it for an entire year.

It's all about the quality of the game for me and how much fun it is, I do play tons of games since I could as a young 3 year-old tyke. I'm 24 now and honsetly Sqaure Enix doesn't seem like it wants to adapt to core/hardcore experiances, while making thier "RPG" games accessible to the casual but not entirely casual freindly. Instead it seems to want to adapt entirely to the casual audiance appeal. This seems to be niche with FF seires right now and that casual is the in-thing.

I'm more into the MORPG side of Final Fantasy currently and immensly enjoying it. I'm looking forward to FF14. I have personally given up on FF as a pure RPG series since 10, but now and then they do surpise me like 12 and 11 which is kinda rare for me to be surpirsed. That is not to say the other games were terrible in the FF series. Just that I favored those more.

I do agree that you have a point, the older the FF game the more RPG elements are embedded. While the newer it gets the more it seems foucused on being action/adventure which can be a more casual experaince. Although I gotta say FF7 wasn't my favorite, no instead it was the one-hit mighty wonder on the Gamecube FF-Crystal Cronicals that got me. FFCC was something I could share with freinds and I liked that, the world was full of Action RPG elements and wide exploration.

Also to add to your list of great titles: (Also Skyrim, why? Oo)

Blue Dragon (RPG) - Mistwalker & Hironobu Sakaguchi

Infinate Undiscovery (RPG)

The Last Remnant (RPG)

Lost Odessay (RPG) - Miswalker & Hironobu Sakaguchi

Magna Carta 2 (RPG)

Phantasy Star Universe MORPG

Fallout 3 (RPG)

Fallout: New Vegas (RPG)

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (RPG)

Dabilo 1, 2+LOD, and 3 (Action-RPG type)

Torchlight I & II (A-RPG)

Two Worlds I & II (A-RPG)

Guild Wars (MORPG)

Lengend of Zelda (Series) A-RPG

UPCOMING:

DARK SOULS II

and the list goes on and on and on...

Anyway, RPG's have a modern(mixed), future(syfy), and Past (fantasy/midevil/renaissance) day setting. It's just up to the developers to decide what the setting should be and ulitmatley will be. I think with "Fantasy" being in the title alot of people like us just naturally associate that as apart of the classic RPG setting and expect FF to be a "classic" with a Past setting. However think of Fantasy as just that, essetianlly as another word for "Dream" which back in the day of the first FF I believe was the initial intention.

Also, now that I'm talking about the creation and the original FF title back on the NES and "Home Console" (PC). What really really pissed me off is that Sqaure Enix wasn't willing to make any changes that Hironobu Sakaguchi wanted. He left the companey sometime around 2003 I believe and on his own accord after supposedly years of struggling w/SE about how they should do Final Fantasy titles. As you might know Hironobu Sakaguchi is the creating and founding father to everything Final Fantasy. Mr. Sakaguchi was working on a new RPG title called Cry-on in his Development studio called Mistwalker but has cancelled it for unknown reasons, aside funding. For those of you wondering, Mistwalker made a game on the Wii in 2010 called "The Last Story" pick it up and check Hironobu Sakaguchi out on his FB and Twitter and cheer him onward :]

I wish to point out I'm not holding a grudge with Square Enix and that while I pointed out I was very angry and sad at the time that Hironobu Sakaguchi left. I still enjoy SE and its titles, even though sometimes I get to jump through some of the obsticalses they throw my way. like sigining up for FF11 for the 1st time. I still love the games they put out and love what they themsevles in the companey create and it's alright with me, so long as they keep "cranking" out good games.

It's just seems that FF is getting pushed in a different direction. Not everyone here likes this and to a point neither do I. I always looked at any FF title as a game to complete when I had absolutley no other games to play, it filled the gap of time and it's a big gap that I have enjoyed playing FF titles with. It was always a "casual" RPG game for me, that was my one dirty secret. This is because it always felt like FF had a bright and casual tone and mood to it through-out the seires most of the time when compared to other RPGs.

However with FF11 I looked at it and decided that this where I would spend my RPG days with FF. FF just seems to be going downhill for most of us and that is okay, at some point it will go back. For now I reccommend FF titles 11 and 14 as being a MORPG has a casual take but still have those RPG elements your looking for and you can share it w/friends. I just think SE is afriad of breaking out of thier routine w/FF aside from story changing honestly.

Lastly@Op Jon:

Guns are not as new as you think and in the renaissance era, which many films that are "fantasy" or "mid-evil" types take from. An example is Fable TLC, which went complete AARPG by the time FABLE-III rolled around and isn't a bad game series, even though in my opinion F2 flopped as an RPG game experiance in its success to please the casual market entry. You can blame Peter Molynuex for all that if you like, whom no longer works on Fable at Lionhead. I hope Fable 4 is good and returns the use of thier "Great" Swords even if its more Adventure than A-RPG, which I enjoyed in the first Fable+TLC.

Some of us don't like guns and that is okay, as long as it's optional and its there but just not really needed or an alternive is given. I get the feeling the type of crowd that is here are the fantasy sub genre kind of RPG like with D&D, GURPS, and Pathfinder. Which is really classic pen and paper RPG stuff. It really just comes all down to your preferences and how you like to play. So- no, your not really alone. :]

I could keep typing about this all night, but I'm not and I've left some Wikipedia links below if your are interested.

Key Wikipedia Links:

Companies:

Lionhead Studios (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionhead_Studios)

Square Enix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_Enix)

Mistwalker (/go/thread/view/139235/29625673/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistwalker)

People:

Peter Molyneux (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Molyneux)

Hironobu Sakaguchi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hironobu_Sakaguchi)

Games:

Final Fantasy Series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy)

Fable Series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fable_%28video_game_series%29)
Blue Dragon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dragon)

Lost Odyssey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Odyssey)

The Last Story (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Story)

alanman178
14th Jan 2013, 22:36
Tales of Graces f

lol

That's right. :P lol Tales of Graces f offers more to the rpg gamer than FF13 and 13-2. Remember, my argument here is about the amount of "RPG" content offered in the RPG Genre over the last 4 years. The body can be beautiful to look at, but it all comes down to what's under the hood. I don't think FF13 and 13-2 are necessarily bad games. It's just that they don't offer much even in today's rpg genre. All I did was list a lot of games that do.

Hasteintime@Gmail.com
15th Jan 2013, 05:21
Tales of Graces f

lol

That's right. :P lol Tales of Graces f offers more to the rpg gamer than FF13 and 13-2. Remember, my argument here is about the amount of "RPG" content offered in the RPG Genre over the last 4 years. The body can be beautiful to look at, but it all comes down to what's under the hood. I don't think FF13 and 13-2 are necessarily bad games. It's just that they don't offer much even in today's rpg genre. All I did was list a lot of games that do.

That is true, its about the content and how it is provided/presented to each player. I too feel that most games are in a rush to sell themselves, heck you can see that in the boardgames that are out there with w/thier flashy packaging in a attempt to sell itself. Some video games are pretty or fun but I like a good balance of both in any game I do play. I want the game to look decent, but mostly to just be able to play a solid quality game and enjoy it.

Games back in the 90's didn't have the issues we have today. Ever since it's in 3D the publishers and devs want to naturally "push" the graphical limitations, there isn't anyhting wrong with that but really that seems to be where all the hard effort has disappeared to. Where is the polish and shine I'm suposed to get when I play a game today? It seems to have diminished overall. That's is why I ask is it a "quality game?" whenever I play for the first time through.

There are titles out there such as Call of Duty that are a great example of "milking and its not that milking is bad but rather that they are over doing it~ in this case; I'm staring hard at Activision. I'm more for seeing them actually make a new game engine made for that "X" game specifically as necessary and that it gets polished and updated, then have the game feel solid and worthwhile. Instead of being about just super flashiness and story if there is any.

We as Players just shouldn't have to be expected to become expert beta testers overnight, while playing any released Alpha title. Any Player should be only concerned with playing the game and enjoying it on the first day they got it. The devs should be focused on this more so as of late, instead I see a lack of patches or just lack ther-of in a poetailly good game. I just beleive that a well polsihed game can make it a fun and more enjoyable game, which pretty much should sell itself, afterall.

Also that must mean you think Skyrim has more RPG elements than FF13 and FF13-2 ... while I might agree if it wasn't another series on the same "popular" boatride as FF is right now, with a large "Casual Adventure" focus. At least Skyrim lets you explore more than FF13 and FF13-2. Ohwell... You pretty much nailed everything on the head though :]

Like I siad, your either gonna love it, hate it, like or dislike it. Just depends on whether it's a game for you or not. I just feel as FF could do more but I know that may not ever happen, cause there is a chance that is just the way it is.

But at least there is FF14:ARR soon, so we will see. Also I would like to point out SE usually does a better job than say EA or Activision.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIV:... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIV:_A_Realm_Reborn)

FatSqueek
15th Jan 2013, 08:26
Tales of Graces f

lol

I'm an eleven year old, I go where I want!

Couldn't play beyond that.

Salience
15th Jan 2013, 13:16
Personally, I could not STAND Graces f. I can't play more than 30 minutes of it. I don't even consider it a Tales of game anymore. And you're all pretty spot on, regardless. It's about the gameplay itself, not about the graphics. SE can put the best graphics they want into anything, but if it's a game about folding clothes, the graphics are going to be the most irrelevent thing about that game.

I just really hope FF starts putting more RPG elements in their games.

FatSqueek
15th Jan 2013, 15:24
The gameplay is fine, it's just their incessant inability to tell a compelling narrative that angers people.

Hasteintime@Gmail.com
15th Jan 2013, 22:58
Personally, I could not STAND Graces f. I can't play more than 30 minutes of it. I don't even consider it a Tales of game anymore. And you're all pretty spot on, regardless. It's about the gameplay itself, not about the graphics. SE can put the best graphics they want into anything, but if it's a game about folding clothes, the graphics are going to be the most irrelevent thing about that game.

I just really hope FF starts putting more RPG elements in their games.

So did I, but I gave up expecting that full "RPG" years ago and instead switched to thier MORPG FF series, which has exploaration and some of those RPG elements we liked in FF. I'm loving 11 right now, it's had 10 years of sheer crazy fun- where I only just got into it and ment to earlier. :p

I think 14 will be good.

I just look at MO's now as either Paid, Sub, or Free in a check list like this one below...

For an Ex. FFXI is:

+Subscriptive

+Paid

-Free (Via-Distribtion)

+Expansion

+DLC

+Trial-Period

-Micro-Transactive (in-game micro fees, ooh I hated those in the MMO hayday! still do. :p)

+Supports PVP (I think it does)

+Supports Solo-Play

+Supports Party System

+Supports Guild/Clan/Linkshell/Club System

Catagorey: MO/RPG

That is my list whenever I look at a MO game and I wish they would make that kind of template list on the back of the game's packaging and where the system reqs are on a webpage. Instead all you see is the social q's gamers use like P2P or FTP/F2P or P2W. Sheesh. It makes the Dev's look and sound less inetelligent on thier professionally distrubted game that they worked so hard on. Couldn't hurt to be a bit more informative, ya know?

That-a-way we dont have to guess what the game is offering when it's an MO. Heck Game services on Xbox 360 have a listing on the back of thier games, why not PC?

Also most games dont list that its main qaulified genre and sub-type on the back, but most online store pages do.

Edit:

I hope that we can get a Full RPG out of FF sometime, but I think FF14-ARR will be more up your alley for now. Thanks Jon for pointing this out, that and I've never played Tales Graces F, never will. Unless I get super boered with nothing to do. lol

Also what if they made a FF game about folding laundry into weapons? LoL

alanman178
16th Jan 2013, 21:50
If you've only played a 1/2 hour into Graces f, then you really missed out. I'm not saying the game is "Gold". I did list it at the bottom. I did the same thing at first. I played it about a 1/2 hour and stopped. But, I decided to give it a chance, and it was worth the playthrough. The game eventually fast-forwards to when the characters are a little older. Things really do get better as the story progresses. It isn't my most favorite rpg in the world, but it isn't the worst one either.

"Why is everybody always pickin' on me?" j/k lol

Hasteintime@Gmail.com
17th Jan 2013, 06:36
If you've only played a 1/2 hour into Graces f, then you really missed out. I'm not saying the game is "Gold". I did list it at the bottom. I did the same thing at first. I played it about a 1/2 hour and stopped. But, I decided to give it a chance, and it was worth the playthrough. The game eventually fast-forwards to when the characters are a little older. Things really do get better as the story progresses. It isn't my most favorite rpg in the world, but it isn't the worst one either.

"Why is everybody always pickin' on me?" j/k lol

Yeah, and I guess no reads my posts or whatever?

Also, I thought you made a valid point that I carried for years with FF, just that I gave up expecting more since like around 2003.

FF and Some Relevent Ranting-on....

I personally dont touch the "tales of" series. I did play some cool RPG Games outside FF on the PSX back in the 90's though, such as:

PSX List:

Legend of Dragoon

Vandel Hearts (series)

Star Ocean

Grandia (series)

Thousand Arms

Vagrent Story

(and so on... all those games are better than FF13/FF13-2)

But I never once have touched any "tales of" including "Graces F", RPG's today are much different than the older titles in the 90's for sure.

However games like that they are remebered well because we enjoyed them and for you, you didn't really enjoy FF13 or FF13-2 and had valid reasoning.The same way I wont touch "Tales of", not a bad game series just that I dont have the time for it over all the other RPGs out there that interest me more.

Which I think it's okay to sandbox if it fits the game like KH series but this I think is getting ridculoius with FF and I refuse to acknowledge FF13 and beyond as a full fleged RPG or a Core gaming experiance. ( "Core" is not hardcore, its just middle-road)

Afterall, isn't Final Fantasy suppposed to be SE's Flagship RPG series primarily? Or is it Square Enix trying to adapt it to the popular "mass audiance" appeal?

'Casual' gaming is really "popular" in Japan for at least the last 6 years I'd say- its all the rage. I think they need to keep it in check, if they want thier audiances/fans happy they need to bring it back to an "open world" feel. I mean just cause KH sold in a sandbox doesn't mean you should take the open-world away from FF, among other things FF always needed in order to gain more RPG elements to have that fan-appeal they so desperatley needed.

I mean come on! You gotta give us a job system again, one in my opinion that doesn't suck and supports the game economy, has structure and meaning. I also liked having tons of different cool jobs in the older FFs. I had so much fun then and now it's like where did all that go? Does the player (Do-I) even matter? what influnce on the story can I and my character make?

I really dont know, but if you explore all that and get me a box of cracker-jacks it would make me feel better about FF. LoL (Jus'-kidding!)

But seriously FF needs more stuff, RPG wise give me STATS lots and lots of STAT info and would it hurt to have a Custom Character in the game, no I think not. I dont know If I'm the only one but ever since what was FF-9? The Storyline could use some hired Western help, its not that I dont understand the stories they make but sometimes honestly I think it can get confusing and leave LOTS of plot holes!

It's just that I think FF has a ton of potential to go where it wants as an RPG, and if there is an RPG that is called "Casual" by your fans, then its not an RPG it's an ADV (Adventure) game. Just like FF13/FF13-2 LOL ...

I hope SE makes an FF with: (more RPG elements)

+Compelling Narrivte, that give you choices and quests to explore freely and ALOT

+Fun gameplay and combat!

+"Turn Based and RealTime Based Options":

The Choice to be only full Turn-based or Real-time, has to be in the menu before you start a game/save and the game is fixed that way. (Why have a battlesystem where the boss does 2x the damage cause you pick TB over RT? The boss/monster should have to wait for your turn to finish completley in TB)

+Custom Character Creator!

+Give me a Flying Battle Ship with Cannons and Cool Weapons and an HQ that I can command during combat!

+Give me GFs again that DONT suck, I Loved the crap outta FF8's GF system! (always thought there could be more stuff done with them)

and I ran out of ideas for now... :p

Edit:

Ooo! Ooo!

I got one more!

+Buy weapons and gear in actual stores aboard your Flying Fortress HQ Ship!

FatSqueek
17th Jan 2013, 07:22
I wouldn't recommend Legend of Dragoon.

moooka
17th Jan 2013, 08:50
The Legend of Dragoon isn't that bad. Actually I liked it, but it felt weak compared to the PS1 Final Fantasy games.

Hasteintime@Gmail.com
17th Jan 2013, 11:57
The Legend of Dragoon isn't that bad. Actually I liked it, but it felt weak compared to the PS1 Final Fantasy games.

Did you know? that Lengend of Dragoon is now a rare but excelltent title? It even had pretty decent scores and even influenced FF abit...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Drag... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Dragoon#Reception)

/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif This for me was one of my favorite PS titles and I'm proud to own it. It may not be as "weak" as you thought, but to each thier own.

FatSqueek
17th Jan 2013, 17:16

Did you know? that Lengend of Dragoon is now a rare but excelltent title? It even had pretty decent scores and even influenced FF abit...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Drag... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Dragoon#Reception)

This for me was one of my favorite PS titles and I'm proud to own it. It may not be as "weak" as you thought, but to each thier own.

Let's just causally look over the laughable translation, broken and unbalanced battle system, and the mind-numbing soundtrack.

Hasteintime@Gmail.com
18th Jan 2013, 14:15

This for me was one of my favorite PS titles and I'm proud to own it. It may not be as "weak" as you thought, but to each thier own.

Let's just causally look over the laughable translation, broken and unbalanced battle system, and the mind-numbing soundtrack.

Hey the soundtrack wasn't bad. I loved the game, flaws and all. Always thought that they could have made a seires out of it. AS for FF, sometimes the music is a bit numbing like Mincraft's one looped track. Other times it can be pleasent, but I always thought most of the songs sound very similiar... just saying.

FatSqueek
18th Jan 2013, 20:09
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i6_i6vqYao (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i6_i6vqYao)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjrt8CDsvX0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjrt8CDsvX0)

So similar, so repetative.

awoll714
18th Jan 2013, 22:22
The reason this ppst isn't in FFXIII and FXIII-2 discussion is because I'm also directing this towards the future of Final Fantasy in general. Also, this isn' t just about Final Fantasy, but it seems that the new games are incorporating this, and Square Enix might continue to place these in their RPG games, and I want to know if I am the only one who doesn' t like this.

Okay, this futuristic RPG style is fine and all, but all the guns are really starting to ruin the ganeplay of them in general. Am I the only person who enjoys the sword and shield and magic aspect of RPGs and is really getting annoyed with the guns aspect? I feel as if they' re almost defeating the purpose of an RPG game. Am I the only one?

i understand what your saying however i believe magic has played a huge role so long as they dont kill what they have going ima love it :D

Hasteintime@Gmail.com
19th Jan 2013, 08:14

i understand what your saying however i believe magic has played a huge role so long as they dont kill what they have going ima love it :D

It's all gone down hill since 2003 for those of us that played the FF Series all the way back to Final Fantasy on the NES druing the 90's. I just hope it bounces back one day.

Although things like what they did with "FF All the Bravest" is like dangling a golden carrot and then proceeding to slap you hard with it in your face. iOS, my foot!

www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/18/final-fa... (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/18/final-fantasy-all-the-bravest-review)

So- yeah, are you still okay with Square-Enix now?

I know I'm not entirely okay with it and sure it's targeted at the casual audiance, but does that make it okay? Nope.

However, someday I might get the true RPG Final Fantasy I wanted, that is if I am lucky to be alive to play it. Seems like that could be forever.

alanman178
20th Jan 2013, 19:56
I'm concerned about SE's lack of vision. How can they not see how epic the FF games would be if they made them the way they used to using TODAY'S technology? There are SO MANY people wanting this. Whether it's with a remake or a new title. This stage-by-stage action/adventure stuff does NOT belong in the FF series. The company should've never abandoned tradition. All they have done is remove those beloved "RPG" elements bit by bit since FF10. I'm not counting the MMORPGs. They don't belong in the numbered series. They've been all over the place with the series since FF10. A lack of vision. Either that or they are trying to appeal to the gamers outside of the RPG genre. Actually, I say both. lol

Hasteintime@Gmail.com
20th Jan 2013, 21:45
I'm concerned about SE's lack of vision. How can they not see how epic the FF games would be if they made them the way they used to using TODAY'S technology? There are SO MANY people wanting this. Whether it's with a remake or a new title. This stage-by-stage action/adventure stuff does NOT belong in the FF series. The company should've never abandoned tradition. All they have done is remove those beloved "RPG" elements bit by bit since FF10. I'm not counting the MMORPGs. They don't belong in the numbered series. They've been all over the place with the series since FF10. A lack of vision. Either that or they are trying to appeal to the gamers outside of the RPG genre. Actually, I say both. lol

"Ding-Ding-Ding!" You sir have nailed it once again!

(lol)

I think they have tried to branch out wayy-too fast like Sega did with Sonic around the time Sonic-Heroes had launched for them. Both series have been struggling and I suspect this is due to a lack of true direction or maybe even sensibility. This goal of FF should be one that should have passion and be driven by creative thought. It's only goal to deliver the "core" or the heart of the RPG series to you and secondly to only entertain you in-between with other FF related titles on the side like Kingdom Hearts for a good example. Third would be to give you new experiences while building upon older and familiar experiences within Final-Fantasy.

*Sighs* ...

Unfortunately I dont think we will see the Full RPG Final Fantasy game we've been searching and waiting for. Unless the big SE giant wakes up and realizes it has a real identity crisis issue like Sonic the Hedgehog series did up until about Colors and Generations.

(Sega has many issues right now, but the Sonic series seems to be back on it's target)

FF needs to be more fun packed with RPG centric action, deep Exploration, better Story and deep Customization! I would demand this to come to light, but i think that might be a bit much to ask. Even so, it just needs to happen. I know that FF is supposed to be set-up like it episodic where each story is about a different FF story, but why not make the series about building those stories and the world it's in? This being where you have some impact on what is in store for you.

Picking a dialog choice can be like picking your level to fight in a game, so why is this so hard for SE to in-corporate? Its not like they have to bend backwards or something ridiculous. I know cause I have seen the process it takes to make a game. From collaboration, to marketing/PR, to Development and then release. This is modern times SE should have no trouble doing what they want in addition to nodding to the older fans of days long gone by.

Lets say they start a new game and ready it for development, this game has to reach a goal of what it's to be about- in this case FF is supposed to be always an RPG first and then they need to fish out story among other details. By the time the game is completed 4 years later, all they need to do is testing and patching bugs. So...

I wonder, what went wrong when they make games like FF ATB? or even games like FF14 and 13/13-2?

Just where did you drop the ball on your own accord? Its not hard to imagine a game and its goal, its getting it work that is the beef, so where in the Dev process did SE screw up? Where did they say "oh scarp that old idea! lets go build this to be a money bank light show app cause it's easier!?"

(ref. FF ATB)

That is all I wanted to know, really. Why?

LoL! Cause wow SE you musta fell pretty hard on your heads or something. Least it looks this way from where I sit. :p

Here is a list for SE, as guidelines and as suggestions:

(No harm is intended, mostly just confused and ticked with some of SE's choices on FF in general and hey this could be useful, maybe.... )

RULE No.1 SE stick to your best guns! Make FF your Core RPG Flagship experience again!

RULE No.2 Absolutely no shovel-ware allowed!

RULE No.3 Do not stain your reputation with long time fans by spitting out shovel-ware like FF-ATB.

RULE No.4 Stay inside the lines you create, if you need a fresh start announce it as a series Reboot or solo entry.

RULE No.5 Have fun and inspire each other to create cool things for games you make. Build on those experiences created and expand your games.

RULE No.6 Never again, no more things like FFATB or FF14 (We thank you as fans for the reboot on FF14-ARR!)

RULE No.7 For the love of your god! Make games with intense passion and creativity! Act like the "Tradtional" Japanese company you are!

FINAL-RULE No.8 As a leader of Biz in the game world; Expand! Expand! Expand! Expand! and create ENTIRE branches dedicated and devoted to a specific Game Title! Such as Final Fantasy! (one for the MORPG and One for the RPG in FF's case, so they are able to both crank out good experiences simultaneously)

The last rule is mostly about keeping things in house and in-line to create a better product, Quality Entertianment should be SE's focus bottom line.

LoL. Now that I am done ranting. Lets hope I can rave about how cool FFXIV-ARR is when it comes out. I'm actually really nervous about it. :S

but the screenshots look cool.... :D

member_10706996
21st Jan 2013, 13:44

Lightning in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII doesn't have a gunblade anymore so they appear to be focusing her weapons close range and her magic as long range.

Final Fantasy XII had Balthier wielding guns and it was generally accepted. Although I can understand what you mean. Guns usually play the role of ignoring the defense stats of enemies but the drawback is it appears to be that guns aren't relevant to your physical strength/level ups but rather when you acquire a better gun. They're usually better suited for enemies.

jimbrault12
21st Jan 2013, 15:54
I agree with Jon, I've said it before FF XII had just the right balance of so many aspects of a great game.

Square needs to leave the guns and shooting to every other software developer out there.

Square has the ability to be in a niche business that make tremendous money but the question is whether they cankeep to their core offering:

Final Fantasy

jimbrault12
21st Jan 2013, 16:10
I just sincerely hope Square learns from the critics who evuluated FF XIII and make XV open world.

I would be delighted if Square could really produce something exceptional like XII.

I want to buy another Final Fantasy title, just need another game that is compelling, not medorce.

Would be nice it it didn't take 5 - 7 years to roll out. Square get working on this title and make some money. Many fans are eargerly awaiting. No reason to wait.

Grimoire
21st Jan 2013, 16:16
[Final Fantasy XV (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29611957/Final_Fantasy_XV)]

jimbrault12
21st Jan 2013, 16:28
Sorry everyone for creating two new threads in one day. I just have one topic that is bothering me.

Can anyone tell me what I can look forward to in 2013 Final Fantasy related?

Will XIV be great? What should I expect with XIII Lighting Returns (will it wow me)?

Any chance Square is hiding some amazing Final Fantasy numbered title to be released concurrent with PS4?

FantasyFinale12
21st Jan 2013, 17:20
Well, based on what I'm experiencing in Final Fantasy XIII right now (and the trailer for Light's return), I'd say that Lightning Returns is one to be excited for. I'm downright pumped!

member_10628951
21st Jan 2013, 17:46
A Realm Reborn is something you should definitely be looking forward to.

Versus XIII will be receiving some new info this year and possibly a live demo so that is something to look forward to.

If you like the XIII series then there is no reason not to be excited for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.

I hope that helps :)

moooka
22nd Jan 2013, 00:08
Open world as in FF12 and the MMOs? Or a big world map like FF1 to 9? I prefer the later.

moooka
22nd Jan 2013, 00:40
I will get Lightning Returns.

I like MMOs but can't pay monthly fees, so I'm skipping XIV.

I don't know what's the status of Versus XIII and Type-0, I hope they release them some time in the future.

Final Fantasy V is getting re-released for smartphones, I wonder if it will have any new features.

akjhu_
22nd Jan 2013, 08:27
Square enix needs to bite the bullet and hire Curt Schilling, if you ask me. I laughed when I saw KoA on that list, just because of how it cost Schilling millions, but that has to be one of the more enjoyable RPG's I have played in a while. Probably the best product that EA has been attached to in 10 years besides their NHL titles. In fact the only thing square can really hang their hat on is the fact that EA is failing worse than they are.

Hasteintime@Gmail.com
22nd Jan 2013, 23:08
I repeat:

"What if they made an FF game about folding laundry into actual weapons?"

I might be midly entertained by this, for like 5 minutes and I did mean it as a joke, but they seem to not be taking Final Fantasy seriously anymore. All The Bravest just made me lose almost all my confidence in them.

What do you think?

member_10168025
23rd Jan 2013, 11:07
For me, the guns thing is just a tiny issue compared to how much SE has altered the entire series over the last 12 years or so. They've exchanged the "expansive world" approach for a more compact "Stage-by-stage" approach. As an "RPG Gamer", this has bugged me for a long time. There have been more things taken away from the series than the amount of new things that have been added since FF10. There isn't much "RPG" left in the series anymore.

I've stated this in these forums many times already, but SE has been trying to "re-invent" the series with EVERY SINGLE GAME since FF10. FF's 1-9 were never this up and down. I, along with many others, were able to adjust to the changes made back then. Now, we're having to take a back-seat to the "Casual Gamer". Personally, I'm giving SE one last chance with the FF series. That chance being FF15. Not "Lightning Returns". If FF15 ends up being another "Action/Adventure", I believe that will be enough for me to stop. I've been collecting the numbered series since 1990. I never thought I'd ever become so upset over freakin' video games. lol Oh well.

I personally agree with the original post, but I really enjoyed gunblades, they definitely can keep those. But I dont mind maybe one character with a gun. (Think about it a FF without even one gun means no FF's after VI, except IX, and XI.) (Which means no FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, FFXIII, or FFXIII-2.)

As for what was said here, have you played FFXIV? Its a very grand game, with all the old FF traits and styles. Swords, magic, chocobos, airships, a very expansive world, with many things to do, it is getting a Gold Saucer, a Labyrinth inspired after Bahamut, the Crystal Tower (from FFIII) etc etc. Try it out. Beta starts soon. If youre waiting for FFXV you'll be waiting for a long time i suppose. I expect it after FFvsXIII, FFX HD, KH3, possibly even after they remake FFVII, and no im not trolling i'm being very serious.

lottie.r.wood
23rd Jan 2013, 11:35
Square has really let me down with the final fantasy games for ps3. They're just so ametuer compared to other games you can get. Final fantasy x was the best game so far. Characters that you can related to. The fighting style wasnt hectic. A mixture of old school gameplay and new. Just because the times move on doesnt mean you have to make ur game move on. FFX was unique and incredible. Your playstation 3 versions are simplistic. and if anything are more dated than the likes of FFX and others. Real let down

I heard of final fantasy 14 coming out soon this year. But i really dont wanna be let down again.... I'm final fantasy fan on the edge. One more bad game and im gone :(

Hasteintime@Gmail.com
25th Jan 2013, 03:15
"...I heard of final fantasy 14 coming out soon this year. But i really dont wanna be let down again.... I'm final fantasy fan on the edge. One more bad game and im gone :("

I feel ya, SE needs to do something worthwhile that feels like Final Fantasy. I just believe Final Fantasy needs to come back to being more of an RPG over adventure/platform. FF14 A Realm Reborn is supposed to be the new MORPG, and I have a good feeling about it for fans like us on the abyssmil edge with the current Final Fantasy.

FantasyFinale12
25th Jan 2013, 16:20
Hmm.... I quite like the swords and shields part, and the magic. But I also like how, for example, Light's blade can transform into a gun.

Zanthalas
27th Jan 2013, 08:30
I'm curious about Lightning Returns and will be picking that up, a Collector's Edition if that is planned. From all that i've seen of FFXIV a Realm Reborn in the trailers, it looks like it's coming along pretty good. The trailer released really was moving and quite impressive, I intend to give a try. I hope 2013 into 2014 turns out to be filled with excitement for Square Enix.

FantasyFinale12
30th Jan 2013, 20:54
Just watched the Versus XIII trailer and it looks awesome!!!! High hopes for this too!!! :D

MichaelVoid
30th Jan 2013, 21:57
Versus XIII and Lightning Returns will be the major highlights for 2013 and 2014. They will continue to excite people years after their release, I hope. They seem like awesome games that will make your gaming experience fun and challenging in a good way. I definitrly can't wait for those two games. FFXIV seems good too.

Mr.Anderson
31st Jan 2013, 00:20
I say look foreward to Final Fantasy Type-0!!! HOPEFULLY SOMETHING THIS YEAR!!!!

onimusha91
5th Feb 2013, 21:26
i think they should come out with Final fantasy 10 and 10-2 for xbox.

rainrandell
6th Feb 2013, 01:32
LRFFXIII it's gonna be so amazing coz of the gameplay change. The innovation is right there...and it's gonna be something that will be super fun to play and it's gonna give you soo many choices while the world around you will change depending on your choices, so yeah I think that LRFFXIII it's gonna be the best ending for the series (tho I wish that this continues :D) and if you like it the 2 versions befores is definilty a must have. So yeah get your hopes high :)

human-apes
6th Feb 2013, 08:36
honestly it depends on your flavor but i don't get wowed much by much but it dosn't mean it's not enjoyable or very pleasurable. if you're always looking to be wowed by everything then you are priming your self for, most likly going to be disappointed alot not just in games but movies and even relationships. so try not to expect the world out everything and i think things that will become alot more enjoyable. thats just my 2cents for what it's worth. :,p

Powerboss
21st Feb 2013, 12:15
Ok as a long time avid gamer of FF i've been sorrily disappointed in reccent developments with the games. Don't get me wrong I started playing FF7 when it came out loved it to death (still do) and even rebought the digital copy of PSN. loved it so much i have litterally played and beaten every final fantasy game ever made except for dissidia (and that's only cause just before the game came out my PSP broke and i haven't gotten a new one yet).

anyways... My reason for posting, starting to post, and contributing at last to the forums and site myself is this. Over the years the graphics have gotten better in the FF games but at what cost? FF7 was the tremendous and monsterous jump with new technology. I too found myself waiting with bated breath for the remake of FF7 with the crisis core graphics when i saw the tech demo release. (and while i still kidna do it'd kinda be pointless now honestly with the newer games comming out almost every other year some way or another)

So rather than whine and gripe about how things are "taking a turn for the worse" and complaining about what we are no longer seeing in the final fantasy series games I propose this. (and if this is started somewhere else i appoligize as this is my first time posting and all)

We as the fans and avid gamers know what we want to see in games let's face it if it wasn't for us in some ways loving the games made squaresoft before and now squareenix wouldn't still be in business. LOL So let's hope and pray this post is read and understood that while we aren't saying the games are going so far downhill we'll never buy another. I'm hoping the community can post enough good ideas here to help create the next final fantasy game like it should be and like the community deserves to play. So without further ado... here's my take on the matter.

I believe the last couple of FF games while increasing in graphics have been losing storyline and perspective. I think the series should do FF 15 kinda like a nostalgic game. not saying to recreate the previous ones because lets face it we'd just go buy and rebuy those great games again if that was the case. However, with a new storyline and set of characters i believe with the new age and updated graphics aspects of previous games can be taken from older ones to create a much newer version and almost remold the franchise and bring the glory storylines back. (and really am looking forward to see how lightning's story ends in the next game)

So here's things i'd like to list down from previous final fantasy games (and as much as i want to refraining from adding in content from similar games made like the kingdom hearts stuff) and why i chose these. I'm not looking to create the storyline i leave that to the developers themselves unless they ask me to but i'd much rather load into the behind the scenes mechanics.

FF1-6:
plain and simple jobs hats classes whatever being able to switch and learn specifically specialized abilities.

FF7:
Materia BRING IT BACK! :-p sorry the idea of weapons armors and accessories equipped and that limits how many a character can have on them to learn at once is just such an appealing idea. however unlike 7 once learned able to have it removed and still be on the character. don't need to tell someone who loves it how annoying it was trying to beat ruby and emerald just to get the master materia's because by that time you can beat the final boss more than easily. bosses while great were just way too hard and introduced late into the game to be effective.

Summoning:
just add in every name of summon this game while not all had more than most every other version of summoning.

FF8:
GF summons
loved the idea here when added in that summons had own health and leveled up stronger with the characters however remove the monsters level up with characters. also use the junction system because learning other certain abilities from a summon was also a very appealing idea.

FF9:
can't say much about this one if someone has an oppinion please post addition to this and let me know as well :-P. graphics went in reverse and hardly know of anything worth mentioned in this game that wasn't better worth it in another except maybe the storyline.

FF10:
NOW here's the good and golden stuff.
10 introduced several aspects of appealing nature to FF lovers everywhere. first is that the summons were able to stay and fight on the battlefield. they leveled up had thier own skills you can teach them stuff etc... only thing i disliked was the summoner (controller) died then so did the summon. while i understand for it it was just rather annoying, maybe next game come up with an aspect that once summoned it stays until dismissed or the battle is won. i really think there should be two types of summons. normal summons where it's a one time use damage like FF7 and 8 and others that take on FF10's characteristics where the summon stays on the battlefield until won or lost. basically combine the two.

the next thing in 10 that was awesome was the sphere grid system it is still one if not THE most unique type and way of leveling and learning skills and abilities of any game i've ever played. loved also being able to cross over to another persons section of it and learn all abilities with a single character. remove the "only this person learns this stuff" rule. bring back everyone can learn everything.

Limits/Overdrives/trance/ Super finishers:
keep'em add'em all but don't get rid of'em. nuff said

damage and numbers:
10 was unique in it was pretty much the first and really only game worth it to break the 9999 barrier. both in damage and in health. while i understand the creators (from a programmers standpoint) don't want to let the numbers get out of control i really think there is a charm to being able to have a million life on a character (hell the enemies have it :-P) but make the battles last none of this, "i start a battle and a cactuar can do 10,000 needles and instantly kill the party." if players party and enemies can deal that much damage and have that much life then seriously let the players have the ability to get that much life in the first place.

ff10-2:
honestly i thought it was a flop. nice storyline and liked it was the first ever actual sequel to a FF game but there was so many bad things about this game that the only thing i liked was the dress sphere system.

ff11:
totally different style of game since it's online. has job system so it can't be all bad but online versions i'm sorry it's just not a final fantasy game.

ff12:
had aspects i loved and didn't. i didn't like the fact summons and special abilities could only be learned once from an area on the license grid. i also didn't like it was separated into two sections. while i see the way the game was made it suited the purpose for it in something remade stop that. if your gonna have twenty locations for summons let everyone be able to make it there and learn it also not just one. techniques possibly leave as is since those are character specific that's open for discussion. of course that's what this entire posting is about what you want and don't want to see in a newly made final fantasy franchise game.

things i did like:
of course the gambit system. i loved being able to switch from character to character i was running around with and an artificial AI i myself set would stay in effect attacking the way i want to focusing each character on healing/buffing another on damage dealing and then last on debuffing or further damaging. not sure if i like the fact a player could avoid fighting altogether if they wanted to because eventually this runs into problems but all in all it's not altogether entirely disagreeable either.

In a new addition i would actually like to see FF10 and 10-2's sphere grid and dress grid system combined with 12's gambit's and license grid system.

FF13:
awesome graphics update to the series no one i'm sure will dispute it was a much needed (and about time) overall overhaul to the game. 12 had good enough graphics and all but 13's gameplay is like 12's movie clips. but hey as generations go on they can only get better right? :-) 13 started what i disliked in final fantasy games. 13 and 13-2 (kinda) turned Final Fantasy into a "hallway RPG" game. meaning (for those who don't know) it's an RPG like old ps1 RPG games where you get set things and the only diversity you get is when you stay someplace you can grind to get stronger for the next areas. 13 itself was honestly good and unique but for the severely linear game until you get to pulse it made it hard for alot of people to enjoy the game. if i'm wrong about this then i'm sorry if i offended anyone but i'm sure good critics would agree that this happens and is said about 13. the endgame of 13 wasn't so bad and liked the first FF game to have replay value nice. although i think 13 would've done better if it added something along the lines of 10's monster creator in the calm lands where just almost every monster was stronger than the final boss. (kinda wonder what the creator's were smoking when they made those :-D LOL) but anyways.

13-2:
so far the final game (at the time of writing this lightning returns ff13 isn't released) was good. it brought back diversity but was still mostly another "hallway" type of RPG. the leveling up was unique and was cool that it resulted in endgame variations. give more :-P 13-2's storyline was great in itself and loved the several twists (at this time i've almost completed all the DLC too) this was a true sequel to 13 more than 10-2 was. liked the ability to change costumes (small but nice). and loved the monster taming ability (someone thought about previous games) there's only one thing else i disliked about both games.

the paradigm shifting:
it was fine an dandy that it was something new. 13 it worked as it was an introduction. 13-2 just copied it. 13-2 with the paradigm packs could've done SO MUCH MORE! i'm not gonna rant and rave about this one. either ask someone how to improve (yes i do have an oppion on it) or take it out altogether the limiting factor where you learn a medic ability and then if you don't have it set you can't bring it into battle was a stupid idea.

the next to last thing i will mention is this:
RPG's lately alot have been doing this. so no square enix i'm not picking on you. but this is where ff12's gambit system will shine.
if your going to create a game with 20 million playable characters don't limit the fact you can only bring 3 into battle. always hated that ff7 had 8 playable characters but i could only ever bring 3 into battle with me. sure the others gained some xp still but it made it pointless to ever make use of them since they were always lower levels. not saying hey you have 20 characters you can bring into battle (as an example like making a final fantasy generations game where all the characters from all the FF games cross paths and say at one point all of them join together for a common goal at least for a time or perhaps endgame). but balance out the playable to "sidelined" characters because otherwise it's a waste.

i will add on this a sidenote: a player must also realize while this is ideal (more party members being used the more a player can do at once in battles.) also keep in mind you don't want so many character that health bars and things like that at the bottom or top of the screen has to be so small to fit all of the party in there (gotta keep an eye on'em afterall) or maybe something like have 12 party members in battle at once and only the last 4 health/mana/status changes are shown like healing damaging or curing a party member. couldn't hurt to try new ideas afterall.

at least 10 and 12 had the ability to switch out in battle. 13 was horrible about summons and 13-2 did away with them altogether really. (seriously how can someone take the iconic simple summoning out of FF games shiva bahamut ifrit at least odin was kept but it just wasn't the same.)

but see if you readd in the gambit system and rather than finding them all over the world and then BAM every character knows how to use the gambits eventhough they can only equip a few (i think 12 was max) here's my suggestion.

for leveling up start with the license grid like in 12 make it one large big connected grid. each character starts somewhere on it (only one space though this is how you start with the specialty starting stuff originally) have lp like before accumulate to buy the grid slot (except the starting one of course) then a player can zoom into the specific of that grid for the sphere/dress grid system and here is where the crystarium look from 13 and 13-2 comes in. a player can choose maybe 1-5 starting points inside of it maybe strength magic vitality or resistances or something like that and then to continue around learning everything in there there is a set path to follow.

once a player has bought all the characters sub license grid in the sphere/dress/crystarium grid then they have a choice of "expanding" into an adjacent one up down left and right (no diagnols and no teleporting kinda thing) if i'm not mistaken this is kinda how the leveling system in 11 works. gotta learn everything before you move on (sorta). lastly on leveling up maybe like once a player has bought maybe 50% inside the sub grid they can move on to the next so as not to get bogged down like they have to learn 1000 points to learn everything in the starting grid but they are only getting 10 points per battle. needless grinding IMO. but if they can switch the player is more likly to want to play it since it's not going to be so linear in the skill trees. also within each of the subgrids add in +magic +mana +strength +life and whatever in addition to skills/abilities.

i mean if you add in equipment (the more the better than simply weapon armor accessory add in diverse armor pieces like head chest boots type of thing) and add in maybe 1-2 accessory to start with but the ability to get more slots later. and depending on the equipment worn is how many abilties/skills can be learned (plus learning spells like FF7's materia system) and maybe some sub-grids have +accessory slot or something.

but remove the limiter of 100 capacity that 13-2 had was SO annoying. or at least increase it to be allowed to have more slots the items cost go considerably down or raise the capacity considerably.

(it also couldn't hurt to bring back proper chocobo racing and freeroam airships) :-)

Well i think i've gone on long enough for now. i'm more interested in the game mechanics than the storyline i'll leave that to the developers unless i get asked. but of course if i was developing a storyline i'd take my ideas and put it into a game of my own but i have no problem contributing to a series i know and more than just me loved. i just hope with packing so much into game mechanics with the intense graphics the storyline is at least worth it. please feel free to post follow-ups to this. i'm interested in finding out what others think of all this and what additions or removals you think would be worth it. and if you disagree with any of my statements an oppinions please i encourage you to tell me why.

(please refrain from trolling "i disagree with blah because your stupid" it's rather annoying and it takes away from serious conversations to create an awesome game if nothing else.)

P.S. love how the "mythril users" are elements i would think there'd be maybe more than 5 and use names of magic throughout the FF series though :-P. I would like to hear game developers ideas on the game mechanics i proposed too. and i'm sorry in advanced for nightmares and headaches of what the code for something of this magnitude would cause.

FatSqueek
21st Feb 2013, 12:16
I like how you skip over the only good one.

Powerboss
21st Feb 2013, 13:01
I like how you skip over the only good one.

Which one? I actually skipped quite a few... FF9, FF Dissidia, be more specific.

BTW if you are reffering to FF9 it's only because my disc was ruined and now that PSN has offered downloads for the 25th anni of FF i just reccently bought it and am playing it now actually. i did however dislike it before because of the "kid looking" graphics it had. but i am going back to perhaps get passed it and see the storyline and who knows maybe it'll surprise me.

Tunaboi
22nd Feb 2013, 17:17
Hope you enjoy it. FF9 was good but I still love FF10's storyline the most. I also agree with the grid system, I'm seeing it used on FF13 and it makes it interesting when training the characters.

destruction7
22nd Feb 2013, 19:23
Hey! where is Crystal Chronicles?

Final Fantasy tatics too?!

Hey you skipped a lot!.

FatSqueek
22nd Feb 2013, 23:21
I can't stand FFX.

MagiusNecros
23rd Feb 2013, 11:38
Next FF better have GILGAMESH. Or else I have no interest. Nuff said.

23rd Feb 2013, 19:54
You should put in FF9: the uniqueness in every character in their battle choices/menu, Love seeing the kinds of vivi

Powerboss
23rd Feb 2013, 23:57
well 13-2 did have Gilgamesh as a DLC arena match to get him and fight him respectively and he has been in quite a bit of all the FF games until X X-2 don't remember if he was in 12 and then he was left out of 13. so far yes i am loving ff9. crystal chronicals was nice and unqiue but for the type of gameplay they offered i don't fit them into the same category as RPG games because it doesn't have a "level up" system where you acquire new abilities storylines was awesome but it's not the same. while i dislike most if not all tactics games yes those have level up factor's that were good and had aspects that were compared to the mainstream of games.

i didn't list those only because while storylines were great the aspects of the game mechanics i listed at great detail above were where i mentioned duplicates of what can be found in war of the lions and the A2 games. the only thing square-enix made that wasn't from the FF series that i'd like to see tied into and added into the FF games was the kingdom hearts 2 menu for battle a little bit how the new commands appeared above the menu selection and was a special button press to activate it. something along that wouldn't be adverse to being added but since it was made and tailored for KH2 i'm not for or against adding that type of system but it would be something of an asset to bring to the FF table.

I did say before there was games left out. but that's why i'm posting here and all this to see what other fellow avid FF gamers have to say on the matters. but by all means just because i failed to see the merit of listing tactics games KH series and the crystal chronicals while all great series i fail to see why i should add them. they all have great and unique storylines but the mechanics well... i want other than storylines here that i leave for the creators we've all come to know and love making our beloved FF series of games. and yes i think 10 was well worth the storyline and 13 and 13-2 and can't wait to see the new one also.

i think the only thing i left out of my first posting period was the glorious challenges that FFx had. the "trials" in that game is something i'd like to see. but in bringing up crystal chronicals and tactics games maybe in the new one maybe perhaps make things like that either mini-games or optional side games perhaps? i mean 7 had chocobo races (bring back proper chocobo racing please :-P) 8 had the begining of the cards and 9 also had cards. 10 had blitzball (well worth it to me just didn't like that's how you got a ultimate weapon kinda cheap there LOL) 13 had the trials with the giant and 13-2 had the serendipity casino chocobo racing (hardly worth playing) and the slots and then DLC adding in the chronobind and card poker games.

i think this would also be a nice place to perhaps propose a new mini-game or several new ones as well for the new stuff. I am interested in hearing thoughts not just on what games were good great or poor but i want to know about the specifics why you thoughts that made them great games or not. I hope this sees more posts so far the feedback is well underway and thankfully all positive about what people are looking for so my progress can only proceed as fast as other posters make it.

html_removed
html_removed
html_removed
html_removed
html_removed

FatSqueek
24th Feb 2013, 00:28
I wouldn't mind a well written dungeon craller with a battle system designed by Ito. Maybe a story about a vagrant or some such.

member_10368533
5th Mar 2013, 15:49
Well one thing I want to know. Will the game be a classic, or will it be all new? I liked many of the Final Fantasy games, including Final Fantasy 11. But I did not like Final Fantasy 8, or 13. I think if they do what they did with 12, it'll be good. I liked the way it was ogrinized, players taking on hunts through the HUNT wall, and in the end I liked having airships. I did not yet go back through 13, and power level. I rushed through the game, like I wanted to unlock the gambits, and airship. It did not happen, and I am at the end. But yet to be seen. Another idea, make Crisis Core for PS3 and 4!!!!! Maybe a new story, but that game was awesome.

9th Mar 2013, 03:21
I just want originality for the story. Not some "want to make another ff7" stuffs. and doesn't have that final boss that only shows up in the final battle only. That is just ridiculous as most ff does.

member_10368533
11th Mar 2013, 12:30
You know, I hope they bring back Final Fantasy 12 game style. I liked the game play to much to see it go so soon. Final Fantasy 13 was a real bummer, I did'nt like it. Although other good ideas have come out, like Final Fantasy Crisis Core, now that would be a killer good game on pc and consoles. Anyhow i'll play Final Fantasy 14 ARb until I see something better then 13.

Invicta_Caelus
13th Mar 2013, 00:43
I'm wanting just some simple things.

1. A reason to buy the next FF game beyond "Hype". I took a shot in the dark and bought 13-2, and I lost all interest before I got to the end. It's a beautiful game, but it was rather clear that the energy was put into it's looks instead of a solid and reliable storyline that makes you want to replay it.

2. I do not want half the game and options to be DLC... If I buy a game, I want one purchase. Enough said.

3. Stop trying to fix previous faliures with new games. 13 and 13-2 didn't work out as well as certain people had thought or wanted them to. It's time to move on.

4. Make it a habit to start from scratch. Ditch the habit of taking pieces from previous games and modernizing it. Make a hell of a story, then work on how to impliment it. Not the other way around.

5. Bring back memorable and defining Music/Sound. I couldn't tell you what the music was like for anything after X other than XII. But I can sing the entire Evil Mask song and other Boss music from most earlier games.

All I'm really wanting, is to remember a FF game again. Aside from looking at it on the shelf and wondering if I should just trade it in since I don't play it. And with all the rumors about the new consoles not allowing used games, the last thing I want is to abandon the franchise because I made a purchase and it gave me only hate and a sense of being cheated. The music industry learned this the hard way with putting out bad music.

I promise this isn't a rant. I love the franchise and I have a lot of hope that they will make legends again. I just don't want it to be in vain.

13th Mar 2013, 01:05
^amen to that

Squall-Nathan
14th Mar 2013, 21:22
I agree about the music. While I did have a soft spot for certain tracks of the XIII universe, everything from X and below is more memorable. Can't tell you how many times I've listened to man with the machine gun or Fight with Seymour. If FFXV takes after XII though like a few odd rumors say, the music was decent but missing the awe/oh wow this battle's going to be good factor.

member_10146811
14th Mar 2013, 23:27
* I don't think Final Fantasy XV will be announced this year.

* I do think they will just re-announce all the projects we have heard about such as Versus & Realm Reborn & more on Lightning.

* In my opinion, although I enjoyed playing them, probably just because they are FFs, I feel that the XIII series makes me feel like a sissy when I play it. lol Even though I am a girl, it seems like Serah is a wuss and a girly girl and it reminds me of FF X-2... especially since there are outfit changes again.

* WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE: I read an article recently about the usual roles of video games. Usually you play a male protagonist that saves "the world" and/or a female character. When a female is the protagonist, (although Lightning is badass) she tends to be weaker and is never saving a male character. I would love to see a damsel save a man in distress... then again, I don't think many guys would want to play it. But it would definitely be a nice change. lol

*I'm too broken over waiting for Versus to even think about being excited for a different Final Fantasy. I play every game and sadly, I'm not even excited for the new Lightning Returns, or even the possibility of FF XV being announced. I'm just tired of waiting for what I really want. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

Button
15th Mar 2013, 01:17
This game looks so fun!

>Waiting for beta invite.

Grimoire
16th Mar 2013, 02:16
Versus = FINAL FANTASY XV?

At least according to Roen: www.roen.jp/BIOGRAPHY/ (http://www.roen.jp/BIOGRAPHY/)

member_10628951
16th Mar 2013, 02:27
It would definitely help with marketing and sales for the game if Versus XIII became Final Fantasy XV. The game meets the criteria for a mainline Final Fantasy game too!!

destruction7
16th Mar 2013, 07:51
I would fear! If they did this it will be bad! real bad!,because did happened a massive fake campaign on internet claiming Versus 13! would be Final Fantasy XV exclusive for Wii U and PS3.

Powerboss
22nd Mar 2013, 01:02
as much perhaps as the next if have to say is enjoy the dungeon crawler idea if perhaps it has a good enough story behind it. this does bring top the table two dilemmas...

first, it presents the problem with grinding of course.

second, if too much go into the background of the game mechanics it has to take the memory from somewhere else... in this case the longevity of gameplay.

but what about simpler games, people sit for hours playing near mindless games like bejeweled. no fancy graphics even with 3 and twist. Call me a cynic but ff7 8 and 9 had worse graphics than that being polygon based and generation aside were all great games.

now I'm not saying obviously to make another polygon ff. Lord knows that would be a disaster in itself. but you don't need to of the line 3d that only a handful of players will be able to appreciate.

honestly think the era gap is spoiling younger generations with fancy graphics and not enough plot lines or mechanics. so without going old school I want to see a new ff game that brings nostalgia back without sacrificing the newer generation stuff.

mean who wouldn't like to try a ff7 game where some aspects of dirge of Cerberus were thrown in our ffx's blitz ball were brought back with ff13 revamped graphics having a storyline as good as ff2 where the story took the player to the moon...a

normal pplain cd holds roughly 4.5gb of memory( and yes I know xbox and psn are slightly larger especially with the possibility of dvd sized disks too just go with me for a minute with the 4.5)

now if it takes only say like 100mb for mechanics then the rest they use for graphics and storyline not including possible online features. that leaves room for a great heafty amount to pour into for. but if they add more features in mechanics like action sequences or movie clips or a longer story the other 3 aspects suffer so how does one draw the line between the balance between graphics, story, and gameplay uniqueness?

gyigyo2
2nd Apr 2013, 02:33
No versus 13 is still versus 13 and FFXV is different game.

Senju83-510120
9th Apr 2013, 15:04
Hey All

This came across my mind when I was talking to my co-worker about the old FF games and how great they was. What came to me was, what if SE made a new FF game in the future but throwback 28 bit graphics? I thought that be very cool for the old FF fans. SE can fit alot of data into these new CDs which they can make story longer or have more things to do in the game... I know everyone love good graphics and stuff but CS in the game can still have awesome graphics, hey! might be better since there is more data that SE can use.

But I thought that will be awesome if they brought back 28 bit for a new FF game..

Strife12345
9th Apr 2013, 21:23
Please remake FF7 CRISIS CORE for iOS. It was really amazing.

member_10336890
9th Apr 2013, 22:13
I believe the fan base has alot of the same thoughts you do here. I would love to see the classic music where they get a customized symphony and people rave about how abstract and unique it is. In the storyline the game should contain a well developed tree of paths to traverse through the game. If I want linear then I'll play Dirge of Cerberus or a different game series like God of War or something... Final Fantasy used to be so great where you would gain access to a world map and have to get better modes of transportation to cross the world to find that next part of the story. However you weren't forced into the story! The best ways they have done this is where you could level your characters like crazy in FFIX and the bosses would be easier but creatures like Ozmos were put barely into reach and the items to get to him! Then there was chocobos in FFVII that you could breed to access different parts of the world to not only activate new parts of the storyline (with different timings brought different events) but also hidden summons and ultimate weapons. FFXI has so many aspects that if they were implemented into a finite single player game, the title would be a major hit! Choose your job class, choose your way from one side of the world to the other, the need to backtrack and make return visits, NPC's are roled throughout the world and not just in one place, bosses have an effect on the characters personally and if they dont stop them then they will change the world for the worst!!!

IDK, honestly I put off buying sooooo many titles that my friends all rave about just in preparation for dedicated hours to a new FF title on the verge of release. I will play FF dedicated until the day I die. Keep it original, make it epic and give me a unique experience that is both difficult, intuitive and fast paced! Hell I wouldn't mind keeping turn based, but again FFXI really hit alot of good points...

Thoughts?

Leaferian-379423
9th Apr 2013, 23:50
It might be interesting to see a PS3/PS4 Final Fantasy in the style of Disgaea 4 (using art/portrait-based spritework), but I don't think the series is going to move back to using that kind of graphics for their mainline games.

Senju83-510120
10th Apr 2013, 10:13
It might be interesting to see a PS3/PS4 Final Fantasy in the style of Disgaea 4 (using art/portrait-based spritework), but I don't think the series is going to move back to using that kind of graphics for their mainline games.

I'm pretty sure they won't move backwards but it will still be cool to see it happen...

Sonic0170-422647
17th Apr 2013, 04:07

I'm pretty sure they won't move backwards but it will still be cool to see it happen...

well I wouldnt count it out at all, even if they would never do a numeric game in classic style, they could easily do spinoff's that reach back to the golden years of FinalFantasy

Sonic0170-422647
17th Apr 2013, 04:16
although Agni's Philosophy is not a FinalFantasy game, Shinji Hashimoto did confirm that a new FinalFantasy title is in the works for the ps4. we might hear about it this coming E3... thats a big maybe as far as i see it, but i doubt we will hear anything till 2014 or later.

www.polygon.com/2013/2/20/4011074/square... (http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/20/4011074/square-enix-agnis-philosophy-luminous-engine-demo-playstation-4)

gyigyo2
17th Apr 2013, 09:57
although Agni's Philosophy is not a FinalFantasy game, Shinji Hashimoto did confirm that a new FinalFantasy title is in the works for the ps4. we might hear about it this coming E3... thats a big maybe as far as i see it, but i doubt we will hear anything till 2014 or later.

www.polygon.com/2013/2/20/4011074/square... (http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/20/4011074/square-enix-agnis-philosophy-luminous-engine-demo-playstation-4)

Well, if Final Fantasy XV is not gonna be Agni's philosophy (world) then i think i never gonna buy square enix games again,Square enix gonna lost many fans again not just me and then i don't care about SE anymore.After watching Agni's philosophy Video i was excited for a new Final Fantasy for the first time in years.People wanted type 0 english for ps3 and psp, FF7 remake,but square never done it. (VS13 after how many years? 7-8?)pff.

Sonic0170-422647
18th Apr 2013, 08:18

Well, if Final Fantasy XV is not gonna be Agni's philosophy (world) then i think i never gonna buy square enix games again,Square enix gonna lost many fans again not just me and then i don't care about SE anymore.After watching Agni's philosophy Video i was excited for a new Final Fantasy for the first time in years.People wanted type 0 english for ps3 and psp, FF7 remake,but square never done it. (VS13 after how many years? 7-8?)pff.

GIve it time, you will get your FinalFantasy XV trailer and based on the way Agni's philosophy was put together, I have faith that Squeenix will manage to pull off another amazing story, now besides the story, designing a great game is still in question with the utter failure of all the XIII game's (not including Versus, i still have high hopes for Versus XIII)

Grimoire
26th May 2013, 18:42
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704528-final-fan... (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704528-final-fantasy-xv/66289739/745554030)

"OK, this is an update to my previous topic on the matter.

Firstly, SQEX Japan recently updated the domain for finalfantasyversus.com and finalfantasyagito.com. They updated both domains on April 23, 2013. This is only around a month ago. This is really interesting as both these domains were first registered on May 8, 2006, the same day Versus XIII and Agito XIII were announced.

Below are details about the domains, as well as info on who owns them and when they were updated:

Versus:

-- whois.net/whois/finalfantasyversus.com (http://whois.net/whois/finalfantasyversus.com)

-- whois.domaintools.com/finalfantasyversus... (http://whois.domaintools.com/finalfantasyversus.com)

Agito

-- whois.net/whois/finalfantasyagito.com (http://whois.net/whois/finalfantasyagito.com)

-- whois.domaintools.com/finalfantasyagito.... (http://whois.domaintools.com/finalfantasyagito.com)

Another interesting discovery is that on April 24, 2013, only one day after SQEX Japan updated the above two domains, they also went on to file a trademark for both "FINAL FANTASY VERSUS" and "FINAL FANTASY AGITO".

You can find details about that here: blog.esuteru.com/archives/7140161.html (http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7140161.html)

This could mean that FF Versus XIII has not been renamed FFXV. Instead, it's now just called "FINAL FANTASY VERSUS", without the XIII. There are three points that support this:

(1) Tetsuya Nomura stated when FF Versus XIII was first announced that the game was unsuitable as a mainline FF due to the plot, themes and gameplay structure. This was despite him knowing how ambitious in scope he wanted to make the game.

(2) Tetsuya Nomura still refers to the game as "Versus". Nomura referred to the game as "Versus" more than once during his recent interview on the SQEX Merchandise Radio in April 2013.

(3) Yosinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama stated recently in January 2013 that "The Lightning Saga" represents FFXIII. However, they also added that The Lightning Saga doesn't represent the end of Fabula Nova Crystallis. The plot thickens! Not long till E3 2013, where we'll hopefully find out the truth! :-)

---

Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story."

Thamauturge
31st May 2013, 22:18
FFXV is probably a rebranded form of FF Versus XIII. I would certainly be okay with this.

Grimoire
6th Jun 2013, 13:23
A fake, or not a fake... images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/5/8... (http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/5/8/6/7/0/9/137052607542.jpg/EG11/resize/1024x-1) ...that is the question~

I guess it's pretty obvious it's a fake though. But who knows what really might happen?

hyde360
9th Jun 2013, 09:08
The new consoles PS 4 and Xbox One born, so the next "planning" is making a new Final Fantasy Series. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

Square Enix must think hard to get out from linear story. Example : Final Fantasy 13 (not Final Fantasy 13-2).

This thread for discussion about new Final Fantasy Series for Next-Gen Console, so..... need arguments or dreams from all fans & gamers around the world ^_^

From my self, I think Square Enix must :

a. Make a beautiful/epic/fresh stories.
- Many fans & gamers hate the linear story, please make the new story. (example for epic story : Final Fantasy 7 & 8) /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif
b. Make with a new powerfull graphics. (Agnis Philosophy) ----> Its automatically answered. hehe ^ ^

c. Make a new brilliant songs.
- Brand new : try Accoustic maybe? ^_^

One thing (no offensive), we"ll miss Hironobu Sakaguchi /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

bigtakilla
9th Jun 2013, 10:29
bring it to the WiiU as well would be the only thing I could add.

thetang22
9th Jun 2013, 11:21
Whatever the next Final Fantasy title is...I really hope it is not a "series" like 13 was. Maybe I'm jinxed by SE's track record with them trying to do this:

FFX-2: The gameplay was praised, but the premise, story, and presentation were so ridiculous that it felt like a joke to the FF franchise.

FF13: If there was ever a game in the FF franchise that deserved a series made out of it, FF13 was not it. It was the most polarizing title they've ever released as a main series entry....and yet they figured that warranted multiple sequels? You can't argue that the amount of copies the first one sold as a reason for sequels either - every main entry FF game sells tons of copies. The story also felt finished by the end of the first one...so trying to justify the story continuing felt forced.

What I want in FFXV:

- I do not want FF Versus 13 to be rebranded as FFXV. I've never drank the FF Versus 13 kool-aid. Frankly, the setting and characters just don't appeal to me. They look like more of the same 'ole anime designs and cliche's we've been receiving since FF7.

- I love the setting and look of FF14: A Realm Reborn, but I won't touch that with a 10ft pole since it's an MMO. I've played MMO's in the past, and I'm simply done with them. I don't want to invest the time required to do "well" in MMO's, nor do I want to deal with subscription fees after the initial purchase. I'd LOVE if they took the visual assets from FF14 and made a single player game out of it.

- I do not want Agni's Philosophy to be FFXV. When I saw the tech demo, I thought the graphics were very impressive, but I hated the setting. I'll trade in terrorists with AK-47's in the back of a truck for traditional black mages and knights on chocobos any day of the week.

I want to see more of the classic settings the series was founded on. In the last 15 years, they've offered very little non-MMO games that fill that void. FF9 was the last single player game that really had that classic fantasy setting the series originally had. FF12 had it to an extent, but having the entire military armada look like a bunch of super futuristic airships (and being so prevalent in the game) just took away from that classic fantasy vibe. There were also plenty of other modern setting visuals in the game. It didn't feel quite so "classic fantasy" Ivalice as Tactics or Vagrant Story.

Grimoire
9th Apr 2014, 14:47
Square Enix on Final Fantasy (http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/08/square-enix-final-fantasy-x-3-state-final-fantasy-xv-dissidia/) X-3, the state of Final Fantasy XV, and Dissidia
(Siliconera)
― this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine features a special article called “The Truth of Rumors 2014,” where the top brass of Square Enix took it upon themselves to talk about the latest rumors such as Final Fantasy X-3 and a possible sequel for Dissidia.

Grimoire
25th Mar 2015, 11:05
Square Enix Presents

THE VISUAL EVOLUTION (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E63MciSH_-E) OF FINAL FANTASY | YUSUKE NAORA
- Watch the exclusive college lecture given live at SMU Guildhall by Square Enix Art Director, Yusuke Naora.

Grimoire
28th Mar 2015, 02:52
Square Enix Presents

Watch Kazuyuki Ikumori's talk on the Cinematic Legacy of Square Enix (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyt9xZCx_YY&feature=youtu.be)!
- (Includes Type-0 HD spoilers!)

Grimoire
28th May 2015, 16:56
Development

Square Never Intended Final Fantasy To Be 'Final' (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-26/square-never-intended-final-fantasy-to-be-final/.88574) (Anime News Network)
- Original game's team just needed a catchy title

jaks1408
5th Jul 2015, 09:48
then sorry to say but for me it really hooked were the turn-based combat thinking how you could hurt your enemy and not all these articiales fires seen in the new games that you do not know what you're doing, M love ff7 to FF10 ..intente play FF12 I leave because neither addictive nor was I learned that to go back to fighting system before, but thou mayest not recover all those lost players ...