PDA

View Full Version : Thief III Video on DX:IW Demo

Catman
21st Nov 2003, 19:57
The Deus Ex: Invisible War demo has a short Thief III video under the Options/Extras menu.

You can download from gamespy.

Mr.Shroom
22nd Nov 2003, 13:14
It seems Warren took some of the stealth elements from Thief3 into his game, for the inclined. But if DE isn't your bag, I wouldn't really bother downloading it JUST for the video clip. I'm glad that they've kept the classic 'live-painted' animation clips, which I always loved, but doesn't really tell you much about the premise of Thief3 or reveal any secrets or spoilers.

But I'm sure the die-hards will love it none the less.

Specter
23rd Nov 2003, 00:35
ARGHH!!!!!!! I cant get into DE:IW with my stupid graphics card (which will be replaced at christmas) I found the video though in the folder, and its extension is .bik Is there anything I can download to play it outside the game?

OK!!! I got it to work. Im liking it! And how cool is it to hear the music from the cut scene in T1 where we meet Viktoria? Man, great memories. I just hope T3 lives up to the first 2.

Mr. Perfect
23rd Nov 2003, 23:06
WHAT!!? The DX2 demo is out? Doh...

CatSuit&Ponytail
27th Nov 2003, 12:10
Although it's a nice teaser, I was a bit miffed that the bandwidth I used to download the demo of DE:IW was spent in part on a stowaway. That's a bit krass I think. What if I had a slower connection?

*waves at Catman* Long time no see. :)

RuleAR
13th Dec 2003, 22:03
Not actual gameplay footage is it?

Nosferatu
10th Jan 2004, 21:01
Eh...Do you guys know where I can buy Thief 1 and/or 2? Don't say eBay, I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole...I know the local Compter Rennaisance (however the hell you spell it) has had Thief 2 for forever and a day, though.

Peter_Smith
11th Jan 2004, 02:15
Originally posted by Nosferatu
Eh...Do you guys know where I can buy Thief 1 and/or 2? Don't say eBay, I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole...I know the local Compter Rennaisance (however the hell you spell it) has had Thief 2 for forever and a day, though.

I would suggest an internet search or posting the question on the Crippled Burrick forum. Recently they released a combination T1 (TDP) and T2 set. You may still find that on shelves. A dedicated thief might buy T1 Gold on ebay and T2 wherever. Gold has three more missions and is the collectors item.

Nosferatu
11th Jan 2004, 02:33
Don't get me wrong, but I don't want a collector's item, I just want to play the game...A friend of mine bought Thief 1 a LOOOOOOONG time ago, and I watched him play it for a bit, and it looked okay, but my memory sucks...And after reading a bit about these games, they sound pretty good...Anyway, thanks for the help, Peter.

By the way, what does TDP stand for?

Mr. Perfect
11th Jan 2004, 04:33
The Dark Project. Thief "1" was called Thief:The Dark Project.

Nosferatu
11th Jan 2004, 04:35
Oh, well in that case, Computer Rennaisance has Thief 1 for about $20...One down, 1 to go and 1 to be released...