PDA

View Full Version : Concerning the Backgrounds

ElXscar31
28th Aug 2012, 07:42
So anybody try to install the Higher Resolution background mod(s) that are out there?? I know
this is version pretty much exactly the Edios version which is a not so great port of the original
PS 1 version but it would be nice not to have backgrounds that are so pixelated...

Fugazi813
28th Aug 2012, 11:34
So I just bought the game, downloaded it, and it plays great. The 3D is sharp, but the background is extremely pixely and fuzzy, is it suppose to look like this? Is it because I have a 1680/1050 HD Monitor? What gives

ElXscar31
28th Aug 2012, 12:11
Yep thats what its suppose to look like since this is straight up the version that came out back in the 90's when PC monitors

didn't have a resolution higher than 1024 x 768. There are MODS out there to make the backgrounds look better but I think they only

work on the CD-ROM version of the game. I have been looking for a solution myself.

crono1973
28th Aug 2012, 13:01
If you sit far away from the screen it looks much better. I am playing it on my 40" HDTV and from about 6 away it looks good.

ProXVIII
29th Aug 2012, 11:49
So anybody try to install the Higher Resolution background mod(s) that are out there?? I know
this is version pretty much exactly the Edios version which is a not so great port of the original
PS 1 version but it would be nice not to have backgrounds that are so pixelated...

The backgrounds were hand drawn way back then. It would take a remake to get high rez or even modernize ones. It took alot of work for whoever did draw them. I don't have a problem with it at all. I know we all want it modernize but face it, it won't be and only mods can help ya but not for the drawn backgrounds.

Veritas
30th Aug 2012, 00:43
So how do we extract the backgrounds and optimize them ? They did it on the old PC Release, How about for the 2012 one now ? :)

Veritas
30th Aug 2012, 00:45
The modding community hasnt update their methods and tools for installing mods from the old version to the new version yet, save for something called the 'Unified Model Installer' which will install some character and weapon models, thats as far as I've been able to get modding the new version. Havent got better backgrounds yet...

forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12522.0 (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12522.0)

^^ UMI I refer to. 76.9MB download, run from FINAL FANTASY VII folder.

Rollie
5th Jul 2013, 14:09
Since now there is anti-aliasing, extra effects, updated GUI, high resolution up to 1080p, etc. Is there some kind of high resolution 2D background pack being made or I can download? The pixelated grainy backgrounds do not do the original art justice!

member_10191067
7th Jul 2013, 00:16
yeah thats the only thing that really bothers me cause the character models look great but the pixelated backgrounds make me feel like this was just for making extra money on the side from fans of the series