PDA

View Full Version : AOD PC controls

JohnRaider
21st Nov 2003, 15:00
I only own the PS2 version of AOD and wondering what the controls are like in the PC version.

How does AOD play using a keyboard and using the cursor keys. Also wanted to know if you can turn Lara with the mouse and if it works smoothly.

Thanks,
Jack

Notts Raider
21st Nov 2003, 15:10
I'm used to playing TR on a PSX and I played AOD on the keyboard for the first time, however now i have an adapter so I can use my psx gamepad on the pc, :D

Nybis
30th Nov 2003, 14:10
I have always played using the keyboard. And it works just fine. I find it to be easier than using a gamepad.
If you haven't done it before it might take some getting used to.
although using the mose to move mer around doesn't work that well. The arrow keyes works alot better.

simulation
30th Nov 2003, 14:27
Played all the previous games on the PC with the keyboard, but I had bought a Logitech Wingman before TRAOD came out and it is much easier to control Lara then with the keyboard.

Drew
30th Nov 2003, 15:42
haven't tried PS2 either. so no point of comparison here...all i can say is that the keyboard gives you the flexibility (key remapping) so you can assign keys to certain moves at your convenience (after patching!) My only trouble (slight) is that I prefered the default...so the window key is between the alt (jump) and the ctrl (action) keys. In my confusion at times, I accidentally press it so I'm thrown out into the desktop :) just sometimes

I don't like the mouse either.