PDA

View Full Version : Multi Platform release!

Maximumpain
21st Nov 2003, 12:30
I hate to say it, but a multi-platform release usually hurts us the PC GAMER. WhY you may ask?

Look at HALO for example, they bring the game over to the PC and well nothing changed. Looked the same played the same and was bound by the limits of the Multi-platform release.

Developers should look at this with a different approach. If you release on Multi's please take the time to utilize all the power that is available to you ie; the PC. The PC is the best gaming platform there is, simple. X-box is nice but it has a limit and this limit is imposed upon us due to multi platform release. Another example is GTA Vice City.

I know the Developers are trying to get more money and that is great, but all that needs to be done is each platform treated different. Very simple solution! The Xbox version should be nothing like the PC version and so on. YES I know this creates work for the developers but hey, it is our hard earned money that keeps Game Co's in biz!

If I see Deus Ex INVIS on Xbox and then load it on my PC and it is basically the same I will be quite dissapointed. It is unacceptable, sure some company's will say "We will add dynamic lighting and this and that, but that is not enough. The PC can take ANY multi platform game to the next level and let it really shine.

Sorry for the rant but man , HALO and GTA Vice City left a very bad taste in my mouth! (The look like the stupid console release!)

Let's hope ION Storm does not do something stupid like this ( I don't think they will but hey time will tell I know that.) Also seeing as the first release is for the X-box is the FIRST bad indication! C'mon guys lets get this right please.....

Maximumpain
http://www.geforcegaming.com

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
21st Nov 2003, 12:53
wow, I better post here fast before this thread is closed

so

I know the Developers are trying to get more money and that is great, but all that needs to be done is each platform treated different. Very simple solution! The Xbox version should be nothing like the PC version and so on. YES I know this creates work for the developers but hey, it is our hard earned money that keeps Game Co's in biz!

do you think they would sell enough games of each to be more profitable than releasing the same game on multi plateform?

more work --> more expensive game or less profit for the company. I'm not sure they would sell a lot more games if they were different release for Console/PC

Developers should look at this with a different approach. If you release on Multi's please take the time to utilize all the power that is available to you ie; the PC. The PC is the best gaming platform there is, simple. X-box is nice but it has a limit and this limit is imposed upon us due to multi platform release. Another example is GTA Vice City.

this has already been discussed a lot elsewhere, wether or not the PC or the console is the best gaming plateform
bottom point is "each player decides for himself, and most console player will disagree with you (I guess you are more a PC player)

If I see Deus Ex INVIS on Xbox and then load it on my PC and it is basically the same I will be quite dissapointed. It is unacceptable, sure some company's will say "We will add dynamic lighting and this and that, but that is not enough. The PC can take ANY multi platform game to the next level and let it really shine.

except if your PC is 2 years old. this also has already been discussed

Let's hope ION Storm does not do something stupid like this ( I don't think they will but hey time will tell I know that.) Also seeing as the first release is for the X-box is the FIRST bad indication! C'mon guys lets get this right please.....

wow. two things.
1) it HAS already been confirmed that the PC and the XBOX version WILL be the same.
2) it HAS been confirmed that the PC and the X-Box WILL BE released at the same time

too bad. I gues you won't buy the game.

Maximumpain
21st Nov 2003, 13:20
I will be proud of Ion Storm if it is different..

It is what should be DONE!

I did not take the time to read 4000 post before I made mine, I just made a statement that is still true till this day.

I hope this changes all that.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
21st Nov 2003, 13:27
well I didn't suggest you read all the posts, but maybe those who refer to the same topic as yours.

Catman
21st Nov 2003, 13:46
Well, this discussion has a certain familiar echo about it. If anyone cares, there are other existing threads to post in.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames has amazing powers of prediction.