PDA

View Full Version : I'm going into hospital ... need surgery

Zaccheus
21st Nov 2003, 11:00
They found a growth in my bowel which needs removing.

The good news is that it can be removed, but it looks like it's a cancer.

So, while I'm thanking God that it's not fatal, it's still a bit scary.

littlek
21st Nov 2003, 13:16
I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you. I was in the hospital for major surgery last August but not for cancer. But I can empathize how scary it is. I have two familty members who have undergone sugery for cancer, colon and kidney. They are both doing very well and are cancer free. Keep us informed as to your progress. :(

Nightwalker
21st Nov 2003, 14:40
You must be very frightened, Zaccheus. I'm glad to hear that it can be removed, which is excellent news. Think positively because cancer isn't as terrible as it used to be. They can do so much more now than they could even a few years ago. Let us know how the surgery goes.

Yandros
21st Nov 2003, 14:43
My sympathies and thoughts are with you as well... please let us know how everything goes.

Rommel_1891
21st Nov 2003, 18:21
growth in the bowel? eek!

Hope all goes well for you zaccheus

Atleast now you can use your recovery time as a perfect excuse to do lots of taffing! ;)

SNAKE-LORD
21st Nov 2003, 19:19
zaccheus i'm truly saddened by this news hope you come out on top of ths while i don't know i'm still going to say a bit of a prayer for you hope you don't mind and truly hope everything works out for the best possible results as always at your service.

Bat-mite
21st Nov 2003, 19:50
Zach,

I will intercede for you, and we know that you-know-who will take care of you. Peace and my best.

Huntress
21st Nov 2003, 22:52
I, along with all the others, hope for your speedy recovery! That was a shocker to see this post of yours but I'm very glad to know that you will be fine later as well. When do you go in? How long do they plan to keep you? Hopefully it won't be too long...hospital food can be yucky sometimes :D Maybe they have TiVo so you can do "other" things, heh heh, to keep you busy while your there, LOL. Shall keep an eye open for your reports on the event, etc. Good Luck and get well soon :)

ChristineS
22nd Nov 2003, 10:31
Zaccheus, good luck to you, I hope it will go well for you. :)

Zaccheus
22nd Nov 2003, 10:52
Thanks everybody.

I'll keep you up-to-date.

Originally posted by Bat-mite
Zach,

I will intercede for you, and we know that you-know-who will take care of you. Peace and my best.
Indeed.
:)

Caradavin1
23rd Nov 2003, 22:04
I wish you well. My grandfather had a similar problem and surgery two years ago, and that was scary for us. I couldn't even imagine what he was going through. Your higher power be with you.

Zaccheus
27th Nov 2003, 20:09
I'll be going into hospital on the 2nd Dec.
They are expecting to let me out after a week, but I'll be off work for two or three months.

littlek
28th Nov 2003, 01:08
Yikes! I was only in for 2.5 days last August and that was it for me. After the morphine was withheld, I just figured I could be happier being miserable at home rather than at the hospital.
Keep in touch.

Gumdrop
29th Nov 2003, 03:42
Sorry to hear your troubles Zaccheus. Best wishes from me to you and your loved ones.

TheBoo
29th Nov 2003, 19:14
Zaccheus, my Mom was diagnosed with colon cancer 12 years ago. The doctor that diagnosed her told her she would not have long to live. Well, he was wrong! The surgeon removed 2 feet of her large intestine, and she had radiation therapy afterwards. At the conclusion of her therapy, she tested negative for any signs of cancer, and has been cancer-free since then. She trusted in God to see her through whatever the outcome would be, and she is still with us and still in good health today. I am convinced her faith had an impact on her attitude and her healing. I encourage you to put your trust in the Great Physician. I've seen the results firsthand!

Zaccheus
29th Nov 2003, 19:27
TheBoo - the Great Physician is indeed who I am trusting in.
;)

Thanks for your encouragement.

BTW, the doctors said I have something like a 90% chance of making a complete recovery.
:cool:

Bat-mite
2nd Dec 2003, 16:11
Let's all remember Zaccheus and his family today. His surgery is probably over by now. Here's hoping to see him posting soon!

Lazarus
2nd Dec 2003, 17:30
I know exactly how you feel, for I went through the same process last winter. I had a growth in my colon, and had it removed. Luckily it wasn't cancer, but it was certainly a scary ordeal. So, hang in there and think positive. Good luck and God Bless.

Nightwalker
10th Dec 2003, 17:00
Zaccheus' wife, Susie, has been posting updates on his progress here (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76130) if any of you are interested in how he's doing after the surgery.

Bat-mite
10th Dec 2003, 21:27
Thanks. Good to know that he is coming along well.

Huntress
10th Dec 2003, 23:39
Thanks for the link Nightie...left my message over there as well :) Ta and Good Hunting!

ps: Email still not all setup yet...I can receive (apparently via a LAN connection and not my ISP as I had thought originally) and for whatever needs to be done, I can't send out yet :( Now my tech is getting sick..caught the bug :( so may have to wait till tomorrow or ???? He did call this a.m. to let me know....ta da, ta da, ta da!

Zaccheus
12th Dec 2003, 22:25
Home again at last.

I've posted a lengthy post in the thread the nightwalker linked to.

Nightwalker
13th Dec 2003, 01:03
I'm glad to hear you're home and doing okay! That's very good news. :)

littlek
13th Dec 2003, 13:25
Whahoo...Zaccheus is back! I have been following your ordeal over at TTLG and many thanks to your wonderful wife for keeping us taffers up to date. Enjoy your time for R and R.

Hawklette
14th Dec 2003, 00:27
I haven't been lurking around much so I missed the beginning. I was about to wish you the best and see you are home already. I will then wish for your speedy recovery.

http://mysmilies.creativesell.net/cwm/cwm3d/3dbiggrin3.gif

:D

Zaccheus
14th Dec 2003, 22:11
Thanks folks.

The only slight complication right now is that I've got a urine infection, but that should be cleared up in a week or so.

Peter_Smith
15th Dec 2003, 03:42
I'm happy to see you back, Zaccheus, and even happier to see that the procedure was a success.:D

Bat-mite
15th Dec 2003, 16:32
Ditto!