PDA

View Full Version : Game Editor/ Modding tools?

Simon_the_Sardine
21st Nov 2003, 05:05
Does anyone know if Invisible War will have modding tools or a world editor?

If it does I hope its easy to understand for those of us short on patience. The valve hammer editor was extremely simple to figure out and use, and it obviously accounts for the millions of half-life and counter-strike levels out there. I tried using the Max Payne 2 editor and I got frustrated in like ten minutes (I even read some help stuff about it).

Plus, with all these games popping up with the havok physics engine, It's my dream to make like a huge wall of barrels and then like have a single wooden support. Then you can like shoot the support and it snaps and like 50 barrels come down and crush everyone. And then like you flame thrower the wood so it burns (I dont think you can in Invisible War, but thats besides the point). And then like everyone burning and the screaming "Oh, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" like mister Bill, and then like...

Ok, nevermind... I think I misplaced my Xanax...

Random
21st Nov 2003, 05:16
There are no plans to release modding tools as far as we know.

PointlesS
21st Nov 2003, 05:18
unfortunately the game will not come out with a level editor...it isn't planned eitehr...there are two reasonsf or this...one is that the mods and levels that came from the first deus ex were few and far inbetween and they were usually pretty bad...granted there were some decent levels...but they were generally pretty poor when compared to some of the professional ones in the game...the second is that they licensed a few things from other companies and because of copyright issues or something like that they can't post a full sdk available to download...however I don't get why we can't just have a simple level editor though...I could care less if you can't have conversations or custom speech...I would just like an editor to create cool and fun levels...the editor isn't complicated at all either...it's the most simple editor I've used (basing this off of ut2k3 editing...which I'd imagine would be relatively the same)...I don't care for documentation...we can fiddle around and make our own...and the vast amount of tutorials for ut2k3 will be enough anyways to create levels...I just wish for something really...

Simon_the_Sardine
21st Nov 2003, 05:27
o well, 2bad. Ive never tred using ut editors

but i cant frigging wait for the source engine editor

Jones485
21st Nov 2003, 11:59
Originally posted by PointlesS
unfortunately the game will not come out with a level editor...it isn't planned eitehr...there are two reasonsf or this...one is that the mods and levels that came from the first deus ex were few and far inbetween and they were usually pretty bad...granted there were some decent levels...but they were generally pretty poor when compared to some of the professional ones in the game...the second is that they licensed a few things from other companies and because of copyright issues or something like that they can't post a full sdk available to download...

Are your sure about this? Is there an official word on this? I really hope this is not true. The first game didn't produce alot of content but I'd be willing to bet alot of people used and enjoyed the tools regardless of whether levels were released.

This is a huge blow.:(

This game would be great fun to edit just lke the first. Arg, arg, arg, please don't let this be true.:confused:

ARG! I took this for granted. For as much as I used the editing tools for the first game it never occured to me they wouldn't be included for the second. I alreday started making static meshes about a month ago.:confused: :(

Catman
21st Nov 2003, 13:54
Yes, that's the official word from Ion Storm. No SDK.