PDA

View Full Version : Demo News

Grey Mouser
20th Nov 2003, 23:29
If all goes well, the Deus Ex: Invisible War demo will be available tonight. All signs look favorable, so I would say...get ready to download (about 270MB)...and if you are like me, throw vases at EVERYONE!

It has a couple of minor issues, but overall it is working well. Please post here (either this thread, or make a new one) if you encounter any problems.

Now...I need some coffee...
GM

Red_Carnage
20th Nov 2003, 23:31
I Stand corrected !!
One thing though....is it a GaySpy exclusive or should i start warming up my ISP ?
And some coffee indeed, it's midnight here....and then some...

9of9
20th Nov 2003, 23:37
It took a while bit it looks like it is (hopefully) here at last :)

Time to get the 56k warmed up for another big download and hope my comp will run it...

dirigimaster
20th Nov 2003, 23:37
Available. To who?

Pequachino
20th Nov 2003, 23:41
um thnx for the update, but available from where? the dxinvisiblewar.com site?

9of9
20th Nov 2003, 23:43
You people seem to have an obssession with Gamespy... there are dozens other sites and mirrors from which demos are availible - chances are slim the demo will come out for Gamespy subscribers first, besides we'd have porblably been told by now if that was the case, so I think we can all relax :)

dirigimaster
20th Nov 2003, 23:45
Relax?

Psychotext
20th Nov 2003, 23:49
Grah. Bad time to go to sleep. :(

Grey Mouser
20th Nov 2003, 23:50
Am told it will be available on GameSpy, FilePlanet and the Eidos web sites (probably U.S. first).

It will _not_ be 'subscriber only'.

Originally posted by dirigimaster
Relax?

Exactly! Now, where did I put that COFFEE....

Sylvester Ink
20th Nov 2003, 23:51
NOOOOOO!!!! NO DEMO! Wait until after Dec. 3! I don't want to play it! The temptation! I will lose my bet! And plus, it isn't right to play the demo before such a great game, as it will ruin the experience! I don't care what anyone says about me being selfish, or me needing to consider what others want. I'm human. It's ALL about me!

Agent D
20th Nov 2003, 23:57
Most excellent...

Tonight's events for me will either result in a preorder, or a bargain bin sale. Lets hope it's the preorder. :cool:

HOTLEAD
21st Nov 2003, 00:10
I'm not too worried about spoiling myself with the demo. It will probably be like the first Deus Ex demo, in that you only get to play the first lvl. The original demo leaves you hanging making you want to play more but not necessarily spoiling it. The IW demo will probably be an opening level too. That or they made a separate lvl not included in the final release.

nimbus
21st Nov 2003, 00:11
Stay strong, Sylvester, I'm with you here. I hate demos, and yet...this is the first demo I've REALLY wanted to try, since I know I won't get the game until January. And here I am on my girlfriend's computer with the high-speed connection...she has such a great connection...it's the fastest cable connection I've ever seen...

things...gettingblurry.....must.....not.....click......link....

[link to tacky unfunny photograph removed]

oops, very sorry.

Deformed_Soldier
21st Nov 2003, 00:19
oh man, thats disgussting:rolleyes:

thursday
21st Nov 2003, 00:22
I do believe that Eidos (heck, almost all high-tech companies) are located on the West Coast and thus pacific standard. So we have a number of hours yet until 'tonight.' :cool:

sneelock
21st Nov 2003, 00:28
well im mountain standard and its 5:30 here.

so is already 4:30 there so maybe only a couple of hours

thursday
21st Nov 2003, 00:30
Well sometime within the next seven and a half, anyway. ;)

Mwhore
21st Nov 2003, 00:52
Originally posted by Grey Mouser
If all goes well, the Deus Ex: Invisible War demo will be available tonight. All signs look favorable, so I would say...get ready to download (about 270MB)...and if you are like me, throw vases at EVERYONE!

It has a couple of minor issues, but overall it is working well. Please post here (either this thread, or make a new one) if you encounter any problems.

GM

Thanks for the info GM :cool: I've been lurking every site all day along with everyone else. Kinda like standing in line for concert tickets :D

ADP
21st Nov 2003, 01:08
Originally posted by sneelock
well im mountain standard and its 5:30 here.

so is already 4:30 there so maybe only a couple of hours

No demo yet and its 12 Midday on Fri 21, so to me it seems you guys are WAAAAAAAAAAY behind!!! :p

GuyBrush-Threepwood
21st Nov 2003, 01:13
Originally posted by ADP
No demo yet and its 12 Midday on Fri 21, so to me it seems you guys are WAAAAAAAAAAY behind!!! :p

wow you must be from like... the future

buzzfunk
21st Nov 2003, 01:15
Glad to see someone finally clears this mess up.

I really really hope that the demo will rule like the first one for DE did.

Nacht
21st Nov 2003, 01:20
Damn i've reloaded that fileplanet page so much that i probably won't miss reloading in dx2 ;)

NamelessOne
21st Nov 2003, 01:21
Am told it will be available on GameSpy, FilePlanet and the Eidos web sites (probably U.S. first).

It will _not_ be 'subscriber only'.

Excellent :)

Pdizzle
21st Nov 2003, 01:23
Yay

IconoclastDX
21st Nov 2003, 01:30
Its good to be in LA.

FYI Sylvester Ink, you WILL loose your best. Its only a matter of time.

Greasel
21st Nov 2003, 01:31
The anticipation is too much...is it permissible to wet oneself?
Oh God,........

MR X
21st Nov 2003, 01:33
Most people are worried that the demo won't be great because it wont assess the highpoints of deus ex: interactive storyline, etc. Or, it will be a spoiler. I'm not worried about either. It probably wont be a spoiler, just first level, and right now I don't care if I don't get into the storyline, I just want to try out the new physics and control scheme :) I'll wait for the final product for story. And naturally, I want to throw vases at people.

Pillsbury DoughBoy
21st Nov 2003, 01:41
Ive found a great program that will refrsh the webpagw when ever you choose :) CLICK HERE! (http://download.com.com/3000-2366-6934685.html?tag=lst-0-3)

DoughBoy

Merces Letifer
21st Nov 2003, 01:42
And the clock marches slowly onward....when will it be out? It's already 9 PM here.

sneelock
21st Nov 2003, 01:43
all i want to do is see what itll run on and ill play it continualky till the final realese

nacr0mancer
21st Nov 2003, 01:49
Well 8:45 here in New York, my idea of entertainment today is to sit in front of pc while eating chinese food and patiently wait for the demo. Damn I got no life.:)

SATCOM
21st Nov 2003, 02:11
How to pass time: Sit at computer and type up all of my American History notes while drinking Coke, Mountain Dew, and other caffiene laden beverages. Probably won't sleep tonight...

Pdizzle
21st Nov 2003, 02:13
Why isn't it here yet, :( ?:confused: :eek: :mad:

Nacht
21st Nov 2003, 02:19

GM
I guess not all went well... :( it's the 21st now in most countries

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 02:25
i am getting a little impatient also but it is only about 6:30 in california isn't that where they are located?

{RainmakeR}
21st Nov 2003, 02:25
Originally posted by Pillsbury DoughBoy
Ive found a great program that will refrsh the webpagw when ever you choose :) CLICK HERE! (http://download.com.com/3000-2366-6934685.html?tag=lst-0-3)

DoughBoy

I'm using a program called WebMon (http://www.btinternet.com/~markwell/webmon/) which you can set up to automatically check a page at a given interval, then it pops up a little alert on the screen when it's changed, nice.

SATCOM
21st Nov 2003, 02:27
WHAT? ITS HERE? WHERE????

Pillsbury DoughBoy
21st Nov 2003, 02:28
Originally posted by Nacht

WTF!!? Now its not here until tomorrow in the morning now for UK??!! :mad:

nacr0mancer
21st Nov 2003, 02:34
Yo WebMon is pretty nice prog thanx

ShmengeTravel
21st Nov 2003, 02:39
*makes pissed off Q-bert noises*

:mad:

dirigimaster
21st Nov 2003, 02:42
Originally posted by Nacht

But it isn't the 21st in the biggest country of all.. Texas.

F3nyx
21st Nov 2003, 02:47
Holy crap. Almost 3000 views of this thread.

... I probably account for a dozen of those :rolleyes:

Deformed_Soldier
21st Nov 2003, 02:47
ya man, its still the 20th all over th US. i dont know what your talkin about.:confused:

Merces Letifer
21st Nov 2003, 02:50
Bush is behind this. I can smell it. He's a Texan, Ion Storm is in Austin, Texas. It all works out, doesn't it?

Who knows, maybe Ion is having upload problems. Every time something like this happens, it brings me back to the days of id's Doom. Back in...1993, was it? People sitting around BBs just like this, wondering where it is. id was having upload problems, and finally, around midnight, they finally got the shareware up and running. Memories...

Ammo
21st Nov 2003, 02:50
Ok, Deus Ex is the greatest game of all time, and the demo better get here soon or im gonna croak.

alright, just wanted to get that in. My last words.

(oh, its only 10:00 here in Indiana U.S.) :) I got alllllll......... night.

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 02:55
(oh, its only 10:00 here in Indiana U.S.)

it is only 6:00 here

Volition
21st Nov 2003, 02:55
Originally posted by Merces Letifer
Bush is behind this. I can smell it. He's a Texan, Ion Storm is in Austin, Texas. It all works out, doesn't it?

You mean Bush was behind making the demo come out weeks earlier than what was originally planned (early december)

dirigimaster
21st Nov 2003, 03:03
Hmmm the time is 9 Texan Time... 8 MST, 7PST,.............

SATCOM
21st Nov 2003, 03:13
I believe Ion Storm is the source of the delay; their servers seem to be running very slow. It took me almost 10 min to open a thread on the forums there and that was with DSL and an error on page:
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

comreak
21st Nov 2003, 03:27
Originally posted by SATCOM
I believe Ion Storm is the source of the delay; their servers seem to be running very slow. It took me almost 10 min to open a thread on the forums there and that was with DSL and an error on page:
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

I'm sure it has more to do with all the people who are trying to get information about the demo right now. The same thing is going on with this forum: it's running very slowly. It'll be interesting to see how quickly the download servers fill up when they release the demo.

PointlesS
21st Nov 2003, 03:44
Originally posted by comreak
It'll be interesting to see how quickly the download servers fill up when they release the demo.
yeah speaking of which.........

nacr0mancer
21st Nov 2003, 03:59
It's 11:00 in New York damn that file planet site, I wish my friend was at my place right now, so i can ask him to deface that site.

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 04:06
i say give it about an hour and if it isn't up then it probably won't be up today

nacr0mancer
21st Nov 2003, 04:09
yea seems that way or it migth get uploaded during the night

GuyBrush-Threepwood
21st Nov 2003, 04:10
Krypt on the IS boards said that Fp has had the demo for a couple of hours now so its just us waiting for them to actually post it

F3nyx
21st Nov 2003, 04:11
11:10. Time for my vigil to end. I tried, Warren, I really did... but I've got school tomorrow, and...

*dissolves into broken sobs*

nacr0mancer
21st Nov 2003, 04:13
hahaah too bad man, thank god my college class starts at 11:30

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 04:13
Krypt on the IS boards said that Fp has had the demo for a couple of hours now so its just us waiting for them to actually post it

it's probably some sort of protest or maybe not

Breadman
21st Nov 2003, 04:15
whats the link to the edios ftp again???

Sci
21st Nov 2003, 04:23
Shame for everyone here who's from the east coast. It's not even 8:30 yet up here in Seattle, where the bandwidth is high and the server farms close. Fortunately, nothing important is going on in school tomorrow, so I can wait at least another 3 hours.

Oh wait, I forgot I made a pledge not to play the demo. Oh well, sucks for me :(

btw, if anyone happens to play the demo and finds out that it does NOT contain spoilers, send me a PM and I will love you forever and ever

GuyBrush-Threepwood
21st Nov 2003, 04:28
hows about if we play the demo we just send you screen shots of every spoiler we can find... sound good? :)

Breadman
21st Nov 2003, 04:30
10:30cst right now... I'll wait till 11cst (I take it that'd be 9pst?) then leave =P ... with my luck they'll release at like 11:05cst and I'll miss it, haha.

MR X
21st Nov 2003, 04:41
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STUPID WORTHLESS DEMO I haven't been this frustrated since warcraft III was delayed...ok, since *each* of the many times war3 was delayed...

Merovingi
21st Nov 2003, 04:43
Is there anyone here who was around when the first Deus Ex demo was released?

Man, that was anticpation right there! Then, when the demo was finally released, everyone was getting upset and frustrating because the servers that had the game were PACKED. I don't remember what chat room, or even if it was IRC, I was in but all of us broadbanders were yelling and screaming at the dialup users to get off the servers so we can get the game.

Heh, I'll tell you what, that was fun! When I finally got the demo I played it 38 times.. no kidding, >38< times. It was short but sweet!

Breadman
21st Nov 2003, 04:47
haha mero... i was around then, but at the time i was still 56k so i didn't bother downloading. i just waited till my PC Gamer came... and hey, it came with an extra level in the demo too (only on the PC Gamer version) :D

Amorpheus
21st Nov 2003, 04:49
It would be great if the powers to be could set up an official BitTorrent for this. :)

Sci
21st Nov 2003, 04:51
Originally posted by GuyBrush-Threepwood
hows about if we play the demo we just send you screen shots of every spoiler we can find... sound good? :)

Send me spoilers, and you will not live to see another sunrise.

I know where you live

I also know Kung-Fu

nacr0mancer
21st Nov 2003, 04:56
yo dudes you know what i think, i think they just plaing the demo and they said the hell with those fans, lets not waste time and play as much as possible. lol

GuyBrush-Threepwood
21st Nov 2003, 05:02
Originally posted by Sci
Send me spoilers, and you will not live to see another sunrise.

I know where you live

I also know Kung-Fu

we both know your kung fu is lousy, mine is superior! and after i beat you i shall defile your father's grave.

thursday
21st Nov 2003, 05:10
Well its only 9pm Pacific time, so that gives three more hours before the day is over. Plenty of time left for them to idle...:D

Breadman
21st Nov 2003, 05:16
Originally posted by thursday
Well its only 9pm Pacific time, so that gives three more hours before the day is over. Plenty of time left for them to idle...:D

damn you, you dirty rat. 11:15 here... + 3 more horus (roughly)... argh... i can't stay up that late to idle :(

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 05:16
i am pretty sure this has been said in this thread but over on the ion storm forums the moderator said this

Chris Carollo
Honestly I don't know when it's going to be released. AFAIK it's in GameSpy/FilePlanet's hands now.

Memphis42
21st Nov 2003, 05:20
I remember when the Unreal Tournament 2003 demo came out. I was randomly refreshing FP whenever I thought about it. This one time I went for 3 hours or so before refreshing, and I saw the link up, so I figured there would be a 265132-person line. It must've been like a milisecond after they updated the site, because there were no lines yet... that was sweet.

Too bad UT2003 sucked compared to the original.

[edit: crap, I hope IW doesn't fall in that same pattern :eek: ]

PointlesS
21st Nov 2003, 05:23
I don't see why it's all up to gamespy to release it...I mean...there's hundreds of other sites that have the bandwidth to host it...

anyways I'm going to watch tv...fileplanet is getting boring after the 500th refresh...

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 05:26
the least they could do is to put it on the eidos website

Memphis42
21st Nov 2003, 05:28
I acually kind of hope they don't release it tonight because I have a Model UN resolution due tomorrow... if they release it, I'm sure as hell not going to finish it.

Wait, sorry, I don't really care. Demo, gimme.

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 05:42
Oh, blarg!

I don't usually download demos offline (I wait for the PC Gamer disk), but for IW I'm willing to make an exception.

Does anyone know where exactly I should be looking for the demo link to appear?

Or should I just wander the net in vain like I have the last eight hours?

Blarg.

Pillsbury DoughBoy
21st Nov 2003, 05:44
Once Ive download it , can I copy it to a cd and send it to one of my m8s?

DoughBoy

Memphis42
21st Nov 2003, 05:46
Yeah, demos are freeware.

Amorpheus
21st Nov 2003, 05:47
Sharing a demo shouldn't be a problem.

corvus, I'm pretty damn sure we'll see posts here as soon as it's available somewhere. :D

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 05:49
<drums fingers> excellent....

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 05:57
uuuhhhh....hate coffee......8th can of coke......going on hour 18 of being awake.......must.....dl......DX:IW......yes.....I...will make it.

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 05:59
i emailed gamespy and hopefully they will tell me when they are going to release it. to me it sounds like they are doing a little protesting because supposedly they have had the demo for a few hours and still haven't released it

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 05:59
Originally posted by Black Knight6662000
uuuhhhh....hate coffee......8th can of coke......going on hour 18 of being awake.......must.....dl......DX:IW......yes.....I...will make it.

Hah... I know what you mean... wonder how many others out there, waiting...

Kinda creepy, really.

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 06:02
They have had for hours!?!??!!? those dirty little rats.......give me demo!!!! Sorry, massive amounts of caffine.....tough to deal with, although a DX:IW demo can cure me :)

comreak
21st Nov 2003, 06:04
Originally posted by sandman441
i emailed gamespy and hopefully they will tell me when they are going to release it. to me it sounds like they are doing a little protesting because supposedly they have had the demo for a few hours and still haven't released it

Lol, why would they be protesting? Something happen between Ion Storm and Gamespy I don't know about?

Alexandrowicz
21st Nov 2003, 06:06
Once i get the demo im gona find one of the coffie houses and make Alex D drink as much coffie as ive had

narf
21st Nov 2003, 06:10
Originally posted by Pillsbury DoughBoy
Once Ive download it , can I copy it to a cd and send it to one of my m8s?

DoughBoy

Not if Fileplanet decides to implement... EZpad

*shudder*

J.theYellow
The answer, dear friends, is BitTorrent. 3DGamers.com is the only site that I know of that routinely sets up Torrents so that those downloading can help share the bandwidth by "seeding" the file once they downloaded it.

Ion Storm and/or Eidos should have recognized this WAY WAY WAY off, and set up BT in advance. Given the delay, they should be doing that right now.

HINT HINT GUYS.

sandman441
i meant protesting because they were supposed to have exclusive rights to it for a day or so until other websites and people started complaining about it

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 06:13
This is a first for me, tallkin at a forum waiting real-time for a game to suddenly be able to download. Kinda cool, except for the stay-awake-and-download-270mb-before-I-can-play part.

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 06:15
This is a first for me, tallkin at a forum waiting real-time for a game to suddenly be able to download. Kinda cool, except for the stay-awake-and-download-270mb-before-I-can-play part.

Same here, man. This wangs chung. I think I need another coke...

comreak
21st Nov 2003, 06:16

You forgot the "wait-in-line-for-an-hour-and-a-half-before you-can-download" part.

festivalman
21st Nov 2003, 06:16
The answer, dear friends, is BitTorrent. 3DGamers.com is the only site that I know of that routinely sets up Torrents

:) They only started doing that after filerush.com started getting popular with it.

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 06:21
Hmmm... maybe FP thinks the later they wait, the more of us will give up and we won't clog their servers so badly.

They underestimate our fanatical devotion.

Just a thought.

Blarg.

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 06:22
I'm hoping to start the dowload once its available so I don't have to wait in line. :)

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 06:23
I'm hoping to start the dowload once its available so I don't have to wait in line. :)

Sounds like a plan, Black Knight.

J.theYellow
21st Nov 2003, 06:24
Originally posted by festivalman
:) They only started doing that after filerush.com started getting popular with it.

Yeah, and filerush is totally unusable now. Every time I click a link, it sends me through some php script, and won't torrent anything.

festivalman
21st Nov 2003, 06:26
huh? i've had zero complaints from users, and thousands of downloads per week.. if you want to try and get it resolved, hit the contact us button on there and i'll try and see what's giving you the problem.

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 06:27
I have a proposal (sp?). When I find a link to dl (if it ever comes) Ill post it just to be a good sameritan (sp again?)
If you feel like being a good guy....take after my examlpe and.....CLOG THE DOWNLOAD...MUHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

Stormwraith
21st Nov 2003, 06:28
OK, just wondering, are you all checking out the main demo page on FP or is there a better area of FP to get updates on the DX:IW demo?

-J-

buzzfunk
21st Nov 2003, 06:30
Dude, 8 cans of coke?? You gotta be kiddin me...

thats...about 180 grams of sugar. Coke is extremly unhealthy in case you didnt know. Having 1-2 once in a while aint that bad but 8!???

damn

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 06:30
Im checking fp, eidos, and the official sire all the time, I have four windows (3 dl pages and this forum page), im checking this link at fp http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=95387&v=0
but i advise clicking on the link before media (where it shows the path)

EDIT
If you dont know what link before media im talking about it looks like this

Home / Gaming / Action / First Person / Deus Ex Series / Deus Ex: Invisible War / Media / Movies

clink on Deus Ex: Invisible War because you might just refresh the movie part (it takes you to movies cause thats all there is...for now)

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 06:33
Originally posted by buzzfunk
Dude, 8 cans of coke?? You gotta be kiddin me...

thats...about 180 grams of sugar. Coke is extremly unhealthy in case you didnt know. Having 1-2 once in a while aint that bad but 8!???

damn

8 cans? That's nothing. I used to drink a hundred cans of soda a week... right up until my third heart attack (credit to Futurama)

Blarg. DEMO NOW!

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 06:34
Well actually 4 cans, and its diet coke, i dont like regualr.....plus i do joke a lot.....

Stormwraith
21st Nov 2003, 06:35
Im checking fp, eidos, and the official sire all the time, I have four windows (3 dl pages and this forum page), im checking this link at fp http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=95387&v=0
but i advise clicking on the link before media (where it shows the path)

EDIT
If you dont know what link before media im talking about it looks like this

Home / Gaming / Action / First Person / Deus Ex Series / Deus Ex: Invisible War / Media / Movies

clink on Deus Ex: Invisible War because you might just refresh the movie part (it takes you to movies cause thats all there is...for now)

Thanks.

-J-

voodooutt2
21st Nov 2003, 06:36
i take it WE GOTTTA WAIT ONE MORE DAMN DAY!!!! WAAAAAAAAA

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 06:37
Originally posted by voodooutt2
i take it WE GOTTTA WAIT ONE MORE DAMN DAY!!!! WAAAAAAAAA

So be it.

Curses! Foiled again.

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 06:38
Hey, if im logged in at fp and i gave you that link, does that mean you "login" as me? I pretty smart about internet stuff but i was just thinkin.....nah....im prolly ok

PointlesS
21st Nov 2003, 06:38
I'm gonna go to bed now...I usually don't go to bed until 1-2am but if I go to bed earlier I can get up earlier...say like 6:30...download...go back to bed for an hour or two...then wake up and play...

and why can't they just put it up on the eidos ftp anyways? I don't see why they have to wait for fileplanet to post up a game that they own...

Pillsbury DoughBoy
21st Nov 2003, 06:39
Is it delayed for another day?!

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 06:40
Whoa....nearing 8000 views......cool......this game is gonna be cool!!!!

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 06:41
Originally posted by PointlesS
I'm gonna go to bed now...I usually don't go to bed until 1-2am but if I go to bed earlier I can get up earlier...say like 6:30...download...go back to bed for an hour or two...then wake up and play...

Sadly, some of us are being forced by the evil capitalist colonialist running-dog jackals to go to high school tomorrow...

I say we just declare November 21 "IW DEMO DAY" and stay home.

buzzfunk
21st Nov 2003, 06:41
Ahhh...you kidda! :)

Even diet Coke is bad for ya...:p

Man what a day of DE2 drama. Coming, not coming, then might come again...almost 11pm pacific time. Im staying up for one more hour then THATS IT!! ;)

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 06:42
Originally posted by buzzfunk
Ahhh...you kidda! :)

Even diet Coke is bad for ya...:p

Man what a day of DE2 drama. Coming, not coming, then might come again...almost 11pm pacific time. Im staying up for one more hour then THATS IT!! ;)

Hah... I said that an hour ago. Face it, man, we're never going to leave until we get some of that sweet, sweet techno-nightmare.

voodooutt2
21st Nov 2003, 06:48
anyone see this yet?

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=45538

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 06:49
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 06:51
*sound of jaw hitting keyboard*

Gaaaaaaahhh...

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 06:51
yeah that was earlier before they fixed the problem

Memphis42
21st Nov 2003, 06:52
Originally posted by voodooutt2
anyone see this yet?

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=45538

Liek, OMG, that was so 12 hours ago.

Really, that's old news, and I'm not so sure that's valid.

Merovingi
21st Nov 2003, 06:52
Need... DX2... demo... ugh. I asked Chris from GSI about the demo and FP and he said he's not in control of it, but Dakota[GSI] is... grrr!

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 06:53
Ooooooooooooooooooooookay.

Breathe, corvus, breathe.

Must stay awake.

Blarg.

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 06:56
I was lookin at the fp site and this might be a good place to keep checkin too.

http://www.fileplanet.com/new50.aspx?s=174&v=90001

It shows the most recently available demos at fp.

Bullet184
21st Nov 2003, 06:59
UNLEASH THE FURY MITCH!!!

er

UNLEASH THE FURY EIDOS!!!

Ghostdog
21st Nov 2003, 07:01
They better release it within 50 minuutes, I´m home cuz my class got canceled. Fate?

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 07:02
Eleven PM, PST.
In the ninth hour of my vigil, I begin to consider the futility of it all.
Then I remember how kickass this game is going to be.
Right, Warren?
Maybe we could tell if we had a demo...
Just a thought.
Blarg.

buzzfunk
21st Nov 2003, 07:11
Haha nice try. 12 Hour old news...hehe Black Knight almost had a heart attack. ;)

So they say its in Gamespy hands? Wtf are they doing?

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 07:12
So they say its in Gamespy hands? Wtf are they doing

playing it:D

Memphis42
21st Nov 2003, 07:17
Piddling (I love that word) around with it, obviously. They're probably making a dedicated server for it (like they do with Desert Combat) and waiting till a reasonable hour (in the US) to post it. I'm going to sleep now and if it's not up by the time I wake up for school, then, um... I'll download it when I get back from school. I'm eagerly awaiting the demo, but, really, it's just a piece of software. Right now, I'm more concerned on how I did on that damned Calculus test...

Alexandrowicz
21st Nov 2003, 07:20
Originally posted by corvus
Eleven PM, PST.
In the ninth hour of my vigil, I begin to consider the futility of it all.
Then I remember how kickass this game is going to be.
Right, Warren?
Maybe we could tell if we had a demo...
Just a thought.
Blarg.

Least ur not back east, its 2 19 here...

corvus
21st Nov 2003, 07:20
For some insane reason, I find myself agreeing with you.

Peace out, y'all.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Blarg.

Amorpheus
21st Nov 2003, 07:21
The War Begins on 11.20.2003

It is one of the most anticipated games of the year. It is the latest creation of arguably the most critically-acclaimed development team in the gaming industry. It is the sequel to a landmark game that won more than 30 Game of the Year awards. And it is coming to FilePlanet.

Sneak, Hack, Bribe, Kill. In the future war on terror, how will YOU choose to fight? The War begins on 11.20.2003.

... methinks the war is starting a little late. :p

Memphis42
21st Nov 2003, 07:21
Originally posted by J.theYellow
The answer, dear friends, is BitTorrent.

Suprnova. You can find find three different sizes of God there, so if there's a final version of the demo anywhere on the internet, you'll find it at Suprnova

http://www.suprnova.org/

[edit: you'll also find it's terribly unreliable, the server is down at time of posting.]

Merovingi
21st Nov 2003, 07:23
...which hasn't been loading/working for the past 2 hours :(

*cough* Testing, testing. *tap* *tap*
OMG ITS OUUUUTT!!
Just testing.

C'mon Gamespy! I wish they'd stop ****ing around!

Ghostdog
21st Nov 2003, 07:35
Well I´m off to school. 4 hours of being completely unconcentrated because of the excitement around the demo. Hopefully it´ll be up when I´m back.

Darkhelm
21st Nov 2003, 07:35
What if there's a war and nobody came?
:D

Parsifal
21st Nov 2003, 07:37
Hello :)

Sylvester Ink
21st Nov 2003, 07:37
You guys realize that this thread has clocked up more views than the "1000 reasons you have played too much DX" thread? And it's only been up for 1 day. "1000 reasons" has been up since, what, October?

IconoclastDX
21st Nov 2003, 07:47
Ok. Its official. Were are all a bunch of loosers.

Alexandrowicz
21st Nov 2003, 07:48
Originally posted by Sylvester Ink
You guys realize that this thread has clocked up more views than the "1000 reasons you have played too much DX" thread? And it's only been up for 1 day. "1000 reasons" has been up since, what, October?

^%$^& you guys are good

Jesus, P.I.
21st Nov 2003, 07:54
Jesus. This is getting pretty crazy, and that is for the demo. What's it going to be like on the eve of release? Perhaps we should stock up on canned food and duct tape. :rolleyes:

And caffeine. Plenty of caffeine :D

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 07:57
I havent posted in a while......jst wanted to let you know im still alive....hehe :)

EDIT

Im watchin Jay Leno and then Im gonna watch Conan, after Conan.....sleepy time for me......

Bullet184
21st Nov 2003, 08:08
Lets make a compromise. You give me the game so I can play it then goto bed. I on the other hand... will stop giving fileplanet tons of ad revenue........... craaaaap...

go1dfish
21st Nov 2003, 08:09
GOD DAMN Game and **** Fileplanet, they have had the ****ing demo for 7 ****ing hours already!!

They cant ****ing blame it on being unprepared, they *KNEW* they were getting the demo today, its not like they couldent make preperations.

WTF is up with these incompetent bastards, and WTF does eidos have to rely on a site as ****ty and unreliable as fileplanet to be the soul source to download the demo. Surely they could get ANY and EVERY gaming site they wanted to, to host the demo. And bittorrent it for good measure.

Im getting ****ing tired of this kind of **** from gamespy, and im losing respect for eidos/is for assosciating with the imbeciles.

Volition
21st Nov 2003, 08:10
I'm afraid that go1d's gonna get an ulcer.

BTW, Gamespy just updated their site as usual at 12:10 PST

No demo. It'll be out tomorrow.

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 08:11
He prolly OD'ed on caffine.....

Merovingi
21st Nov 2003, 08:13
From GameSpy forums:

Shaithis[GSI] wrote:
All right, I did some digging, talked to some people, got some information. I'm not allowed to say anything official at this time, but here's my unofficial statement: go to sleep. You have plenty of time.

The guy from Ion Austin only has half the story.

I'll explain in furthur detail when I can (tomorrow, I hope). For the moment, I'm going to bed myself. 3am here.

laters,

-chris
----

Well, that sucks. I have horrible sleeping disorders and I won't be able to get any sleep for hours yet.. hehe, why does everyone tease me with their ability to sleep?? :(

Pequachino
21st Nov 2003, 08:14
if u need caffeine im yo man! pequachinos all around for ur demo vigil!

Volition
21st Nov 2003, 08:15
Here's what a guy from gamespy said

"All right, I did some digging, talked to some people, got some information. I'm not allowed to say anything official at this time, but here's my unofficial statement: go to sleep. You have plenty of time.

The guy from Ion Austin only has half the story.

I'll explain in furthur detail when I can (tomorrow, I hope). For the moment, I'm going to bed myself. 3am here.

laters,

-chris"

go1dfish
21st Nov 2003, 08:16
I think I speak for us all when I say:

GOD DAMN IT!!!

And, that GS better have a good ****ing explanation for this ****.

Jesus, P.I.
21st Nov 2003, 08:16
go1dy, man, we're all in this together. I am alternating three-way between working on a paper that is due tomorrow (technically today if you want to split hairs :D ), forum camping, and guzzling caffeinated drinks. I know what you are going through. We all do. If we stick together, we can derive from our collective predicament an inner strength that one of us individually could posess.

NOW WHERE THE F*** IS THAT MOTHERF***ING-- :mad:

Must be strong. Must be strong

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 08:18
well if he said we have lots of time i am thinking it is going to be released monday which sucks. I guess the war doesn't start on the 20th

hakselsen
21st Nov 2003, 08:19
To bad, at least you americans is gonna get som sleep. Sweet dreams. :o Time is 9.15 here in Norway and I am WIDE AWAKE.

*Taking a deeep breath*

"GOOD MORNING EIDOSFORUM"

Merovingi
21st Nov 2003, 08:19
Apparently the demo is ready for release.. why doesn't Eidos do something about it and release it now!! FFS, this is like rescheduling a person with a fatal injury till next month for an opreration or something like that. WTF, over!?

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 08:20
Damn it damn it damn it.......i was hopin to have a demo-fun weekend...... :(

go1dfish
21st Nov 2003, 08:21
Nothing will make me feel better about this whole spiel than for this whole fiasco to blow up in gamespys face.

I want to see posts of what transpired on every ****ing tech/gaming related site on the net just to see what kind of ****ing slimeballs gamespy and possibly to a lesser extent, eidos can be.

If _any_ of this has to do with Fileplanet trying to make sure the demo doesnt get mirroed Ill ****ing go ballistic.

Unfortunately it looks like this *may* be the case
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/441/441316p1.html?fromint=1

but i'm more inclined to believe a programmer than a pr guy any day of the week.

Amorpheus
21st Nov 2003, 08:23
Eidos should have put the demo up shortly after FP had it. :rolleyes:

Bullet184
21st Nov 2003, 08:25
Yeah if its not a fileplanet exclusive its kind of pointless to include ez-pad with it...

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 08:25
i think a programmer either on this board or the ion storm one said they fixed it and that was around 3p.m. (alaska time which is an hour behind california) i will try to find the quote

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 08:31
Chris Carollo

Please. I'm the lead programmer, I know exactly what the problem is, I know exactly how it got fixed.

The problem was with the demo itself. Not Eidos, NOT FILEPLANET. So we fixed the problem today, and if all goes well in testing, I think it'll still go out today.

http://www.ionstorm.com/forum/viewthread.asp?page=2&pagesize=20&forum=AMB_AP619612110&id=33763

Black Knight6662000
21st Nov 2003, 08:32
alright, I lied, Im throwin in the towel right after Jay Leno is over, Im tired and with all this delay and no delay and delay is before post and yada yada yada......Goodnight....lets hope FP can get their act together and not be so concerned about being exclusive with software that is free......seems almost illegal but there is prolly some law protecting their arse.

Volition
21st Nov 2003, 08:35
Chris Carollo

Please. I'm the lead programmer, I know exactly what the problem is, I know exactly how it got fixed.

The problem was with the demo itself. Not Eidos, NOT FILEPLANET. So we fixed the problem today, and if all goes well in testing, I think it'll still go out today.

http://www.ionstorm.com/forum/viewthread.asp?page=2&pagesize=20&forum=AMB_AP619612110&id=33763

Ya we've known he said that for quite some time, but he said that a while ago. The demo will be released tomorrow.

Bullet184
21st Nov 2003, 08:38
I feel like I am just giving up by going to sleep... but.... my pillow is lookin HOTT... no typo on the two t's.

ThorsHamburger
21st Nov 2003, 08:41
Actually if you read down further another person from Ion Storm is contradicting what Chris is saying......FIGHT FIGHT!!!:D

Merovingi
21st Nov 2003, 08:50
Where? Further down where? Chris just said this about 20 mins ago (or something like that - my perception of time is always off heh)

ThorsHamburger
21st Nov 2003, 08:54
Krypt
Ion Storm - Designer

Total Posts: 44

Currently Offline posted on 20-Nov-2003 4:11:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know exactly what the issue was, but from what I heard it was with the thing fileplanet uses to prevent mirroring. Maybe it wasn't. I'm not involved with the whole demo process, so I'm getting my info secondhand. Sorry if I've said anything that is misinformation.

Either way, the demo is still on track to be released today.
_______________--------___________________________________

This was posted after what Chris said. I guess we should be looking at the same page.

Psychotext
21st Nov 2003, 09:03
Oh well... I've now recovered after my 42hr vigil. Time to begin the waiting game again.

Merovingi
21st Nov 2003, 09:10
I direct you to this page:

Chris (Shaithis from GameSpy) posted this about an hour ago. (http://www.forumplanet.com/gamespy/topic.asp?fid=1422&tid=1220863&p=5)

What you posted is from 4 O'clock this afternoon.

Random
21st Nov 2003, 09:52
Some of you guys really need to calm down. I'm about the biggest Deus Ex fanboy around, but I'm not about to hang myself because the demo is delayed a day or two. Two days ago we thought it was coming out in December, so keep things in perspective. http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Merovingi
21st Nov 2003, 09:55
Oh, I just have nothing better to do, that's all. I'm pretty much up 18 hours a day so I have lots of free time heh.

That, and I REALLY want something to test my new Radeon 9600 Pro on :P

Need for Speed Underground and SWG is all I have to test it on right now..

boooooom
21st Nov 2003, 10:10
After the Activision - Call of duty exclusive demo debacle who want to realise Exclusive demo anymore anyway?

I feel sorry that a developer (that may be forced to do so 'cause of publisher, in this case change publisher) is still wanting to narrow theyre target audience with a demo that is realised only on a few sites rather than on ALL sites. donno, seems pretty much common sens that I would like that most people to try my product, plus the wait for this sequel is HUGE that I dont see why someone would like to restrict it's access, hype wise, pretty lame as well if I cannot get the dam demo im pissed and no buy for me, pretty cool for the site(s) that get the exclusive but for me the customer, pretty lame. From marketing point of view it's pretty poor as well, everyone know gamespy's ezpad is the devil and gamespy want too much grabbing attention and customers in theyre net...why does publishers want some lame sites to have exclusives is beyond me, and why do they want to makes the game not widely distributed? it's liek they were reelising the full game only in few shops in USA rather than all shop in the world, would be silly for sales, as it is silly to release demo only on some sites.

As a gammer, and customer, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to download a PIECE OF ADVERTISING that is a demo, for free, without the hassle of installing 3rd party programs... I don't want to pay for something that is supposed to makes me want to buy a product, exactly like I don't pay my advertising on TV, and i don't want to have to install 3rd party tools when I try a product exactly like I want to be able to choose wich TV channel i watch my advertising from, and still HAVE THE RIGHT to change channel, without someone trying to force me to stay on...

If Ion is clean then can they state EZPAD will not be used AT ALL in the Deus EX 2 demo? If it's not supposed to be exclusive at all, not even 24 hours ,if fileplanet ezpad have nothing to do with this, can they tell me officially EZPad will not be used in the demo and in no way it was implemented at all - ever? No need for ezpad if it's not exclusive.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
21st Nov 2003, 10:20
Originally posted by Random
I'm about the biggest Deus Ex fanboy around

NO it's ME!

J.theYellow
21st Nov 2003, 10:23
Originally posted by boooooom
After the Activision - Call of duty exclusive demo debacle who want to realise Exclusive demo anymore anyway?

What are you talking about? The second demo, that was in PC Gamer? That got leaked the day before the issue was release, I played through it easy as you please. :)

boooooom
21st Nov 2003, 10:35
no, the 1st demo one was supposed to be fileplane exclusive. then all major gaming sites went mad and wrote an open letter to activision. Like the folks at activision are cool and open they realised theyre mistakes and got rid of the exclusive and fially realised the demo freely. Kudos to them for that. With enemy territory realised for FREE they rocks for a publisher....Can't say the same bout Eidos...

al_bundy
21st Nov 2003, 10:38
ok i haven't been on the forum long, but i have to say my piece. I am a massive fan of deus ex, and cannot wait for DX:IW. And I live in the UK, so i'll probably be importing it. Obviously I am dying to get my hands on the demo too but having read some of the posts regarding it I am really disgusted. I am no hardcore gamer and know very little about fileplanet or gamespy, but all I can say is that some of the comments I've read from some of the posters on this forum about these companies, as well as eidos or Ion Storm, all about a couple of days delay of the demo????? My goodness I really don't want to upset anyone but I think a few of you out there (and i'm talking to the ones who say things like "**** you gamespy" and "there's a ****ing conspiracy here", in other words the ones who don't seem to be saying things in a light hearted way) really need to get a life and stop getting so upset!!! Like I say i don't know much about the way things work, but even if there is some dark conspiracy, does it really matter on the gtrand scale of things??? So the demo is a day or two late, does your life reaslly depend on it that much??? And if it does, man you need to take a look at your life......

Psychotext
21st Nov 2003, 10:40
Isn't it a little early to be so critical? I mean, technically we don't even know what decisions Eidos has made yet. Lets just wait for the demo to be released before we all run off to tear them a new one.

NamelessOne
21st Nov 2003, 11:07
Originally posted by boooooom
no, the 1st demo one was supposed to be fileplane exclusive. then all major gaming sites went mad and wrote an open letter to activision. Like the folks at activision are cool and open they realised theyre mistakes and got rid of the exclusive and fially realised the demo freely. Kudos to them for that. With enemy territory realised for FREE they rocks for a publisher....Can't say the same bout Eidos...

Yeah, Eidos isn't my favorite publisher. The way they pressured Tom Hall and co to release Anachronox before it was ready, then essentially killed the title by providing almost no hype for it, and then cancelled the expansion which was supposed to contain everything the developers wanted to include but ran out of time for, pissed me off.

sandman441
21st Nov 2003, 11:40
just went to game spy and there is a little ad that says

Sneak, Hack, Bribe, Kill: Something big is coming to FilePlanet later today. Are you going to be part of the war? Do you have what it takes to survive? Enlist now and prepare for battle! -- Warrior

it is under daily warrior

PointlesS
21st Nov 2003, 12:42
grrr...that sucks ass...looks like I'll be playing everything on this page for awhile to pass time:
http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/

Ghostdog
21st Nov 2003, 12:47
just went to game spy and there is a little ad that says

Sneak, Hack, Bribe, Kill: Something big is coming to FilePlanet later today. Are you going to be part of the war? Do you have what it takes to survive? Enlist now and prepare for battle! -- Warrior

it is under daily warrior That´s actually from yesterday.
Darn it, I was hoping to spend friday evening playing the demo - now I might go say hello to my buds who are queing for Return Of The King tickets.

Memphis42
21st Nov 2003, 13:12
Blah. Damn school. I'm tired, and I'm going to have to wait all afternoon for the demo. If it's even up by the time I get home, which is looking doubtful.

Catman
21st Nov 2003, 13:52
Well, this has gone widly astray. I'm putting this one to sleep. When I actually see that the demo is available somewhere, I'll start a thread where folks can post their experiences.

Until then, perhaps everyone should sit back and listen to some soothing elevator music.

;)